Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-17 08:20:05 PM

Ol'random
Website

Preperations around Halyard - Zoltar/LP 5/17/21

Pvt. Donica & MSgt. Terrence, hares

Donica sits on the dock, she seems worried since Velm hasn’t returned from taking the badger cub to Salamandastron. Then maybe its just her worrying too much, perhaps he had to stay there.

The gates of the fort are opened wide, yet guards heavily. Four hares stand in the passageway, barring any non-patrol members from access. The master sergeant, Terrence, is returning from a patrol of the streets and outer edge of the town of Halyard at the head of a squad of hares, seven in total including himself. As they pass by the healer, the buck halts, motioning the rest to continue onwards.

"Private Donica?" He says, approaching her, "What're you doing out here?"

Donica quuicly stands and salutes. "Sorry sur…I was hoping Lt. Velm was heading back sur, but seems he is likely not.I know they likely need officers at the mountain." She had still be mostly alert.

The sergeant dips his head, "At ease - as fo’h the good lieutenant, he's only been away two days. And considering the half-day it takes to get down there, and the half-day back, he's probably resting." Terrence offers a small smile, attempting to be comforting. "Don't you worry about him, he'll be fine where he is. It's us that need worry, if anything. If that horde attacks they have to go through us first, afteh all."

Donica nods as she relaxes. "Yes…I hope we won't have an issue but sounds like the vermin are headed this way" She sighs. "They had to pick now to cause trouble, its horrible."

"Well, this place and the mountain are the only two things of note fo'h leagues and leagues on end along the coast," The master-sergeant shrugs, looking out at sea, "So it seems very likely so. Why else would an army that size gathah? Certainly not to have a picnic. But regardless-" Terrence turns to her, "There's some work to do yet, to protect the town itself, and not just ou'h fort."

Donica nods. "Yes and if a healer is needed, I can be thar for that.I do know how to use a sling and spear well."

"I'd hope so," Terrence laughs in a grim mannor, "Best tools of ou'h trade - but I meant more labo'h work, digging and whatnot - in the time of Lady Wildstripe, seasons and seasons and seasons ago, o'h maybe it were lady Roseeyes... anyway, the point is the Patrol dug trenches in the sand to help defends the mountain, and filled them with many wooden sticks and stakes and speahs. I should like to do the same around the village itself."

Donica says, "We would need to talk to the Mayor on that, but maybe right outside the village and near the fort here."

"Perhaps," Terrence grunts, "But he shan't complain, I'd wageh. And besides, the mayo'h is not the ruleh of the beaches outside of his town- that would be the good Badgeh-lord."

Donica nods "I know, one reason said like the entry,  make it hard for the vermin to get inside. As for inside we let the mayor know of the danger, unless he already been told." She speaks. "So where am I needed to be right now sur?"

"Oh, I've assumed he's been told - but thankfully that is not my job no'h yours, truly." Terrence turns back to the fort, "That'd be the commissioned offciahs' role. As fo'h where you're needed: report to you'h corporal o'h sergeant Rosinbloom, and get you'h orders from them."

Donica nods, a salute and she is off to see where she is needed.

Before entering the fort, the master-sergeant would turn once more to look out at sea. The sun was beginning to set, the light golden reflecting off the waves; he stood and listened and watched for a moment, before entering the gates. In an hour after nightfall he would come back out, with his patrol in tow, to begin digging around the village and shoring up the defenses.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer