Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-04 01:16:44 PM

Log-A-Log

Danger comes to the Western Shores!!!!

Zoltar the evil wildcat slowly heads to the Western Shore....his goal in mind? Get a nice seaside port city as his own and have a nice mountain fortress...yes..he wants Salamanstron. So many have tried Redwall Abbey..well now its Salamanstron  turn.

Zoltar  WILL have control of Halyard for maybe 3 to 4 weeks.
The takeover of Halyard is on 21st of May.

He then comes to face Salamanstron...between May 28-June 1st.

Likely a couple weeks of siege  and of course that final good vs evil fight to see who keeps the mountain and keep Halyard. This final fight is before June ends and  will be figured out.

A closer date for something he does before this is on the 7th....he will DESTORY a small otter holt , The Seatide Holt..why?....cause Zoltar is evil.....oh and...no otters will survive so..no warning  on any attacks...

Now there is the dream/nightmare/vision  Ciocan had but I dont know if Salamanstron  is on like Red Alert..High alert? What ever it would be called.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#2 2021-05-04 01:29:46 PM

Elmef

Re: Danger comes to the Western Shores!!!!

I won't be around that weekend either most likely
I will be seeing my family for the first time since October for my Sister's birthday

I will try and peek on when I am able

#3 2021-05-04 02:48:59 PM

Log-A-Log

Which week?

Hmms...be good to have ciocan on when Zoltar gets to where he is by the Mt....Halyard attack  just some hares, someone to spoof townbeasts...I know there is a roleplay plan to rescue Oz while Zoltar is busy...think by John?

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#4 2021-05-04 08:08:11 PM

oz

And yeah..me and John discussed it some...if he is unable to there is also Vonda and Kelp, who Zolomon is gonna want to go to the mountain cause it's the safest place in the area to go to..even if Zolomon can't go inside, they can. And Zolomon gonna be shooting arrows at random horde beasts too..cause he can:p

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#5 2021-05-04 10:36:32 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#6 2021-05-05 04:48:11 PM

Log-A-Log

Ok.....

7th or 8th- Attacks hilt

14th or 15th attacks and takes over Halyard

Either 21st or 28th...first attack on Salamanstron

#7 2021-05-05 04:49:37 PM

Log-A-Log

I know its planed for Oz to escape while Zoltar and most of his beast take over Halyard 14th or 15th.

#8 2021-05-05 10:42:38 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i think i can make it the 15th.  and i will try to be here on the 28th.  i feel i must warn everyone that that's about the time I'll be getting my second covid-19 shot, so while i will try to be here to rp, i may duck out early due to feeling blecky.  but i plan to try!

#9 2021-05-06 10:53:24 AM

Log-A-Log

Cool...
Also the otter holt one is gonna be today but , and will note, still icly happens on the may 8th ICLY..now as for role play for people...not many really need on for village and the village is like half a day upshore of where sea and river moss meet....now course no one is gonna be able to tell what happened BUT...there may be smoke..smoke smell down shore if wind blows that way...I mean it's a tiny holt..with some huts...and IRL smoke from like forest fires can travel for MILES...

Now one more OOC news and why I am away May 7th to May 20th...no online...

#10 2021-05-06 11:31:24 AM

Ol'random
Website

I can make most Saturdays from here on out, though few other days - I've been rather busy the past month (like a lot of people...) As Oz said, we talked awhile ago about John showing up and freeing Oz, though there is a possibility of being captured or failing. He's been trailing Zoltar & Co for months now, and isn't too keen on jumping in the middle of a horde in broad daylight.
Who knows - he might show up to give the LP and Halyard a few days warning, especially after the Holt is burned, but I'd like to keep him as a wildcard of sorts wink

Also, Log-A-Log, I assume that will mean things with Zoltar'll be pushed back until after you come back, right?

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#11 2021-05-06 01:22:29 PM

Elmef

I can't make the 15th
At least not until like 10pm my time (BST)

May is super super busy with me with weekend stuff right now
But you don't need me to go ahead I will drop in when I am able to do so

#12 2021-05-06 03:30:06 PM

Log-A-Log

Yeah.....hmmm....well the otter holt is...destroyed,  as said maybe they smell smoke..see that hazy stuff even....we can go with otter holt is destroyed on 7th...actually role played it ealier just got to edit log.

Maybe Oz can escape still before 20th if John wants to maybe try a rescue....hee but Zoltar isn't much on captives, though he will have some hares, likely NPCs , as captives..only cause he would take great pleasure by telling the badger Lord to surrender the mt....then killing the random hare when told no....ya know how vermin war Lord are...anger the badger because its fun:p...but yeah Halyard is attack around the 21st( a friday) and then 1st attack on MOuntain and start siege few days later....likely a 3...maybe 4 week siege....during it times for fights ect. Maybe a rescue the captive hares....then final fight or course to end TP after the 3 to 4 week siege thing.

#13 2021-05-06 03:35:34 PM

Mother Krisha

I play Shadowlight the rat...she could be on beach guarding  Oz...maybe Oz manages to escape  and runs into  John? I could even spoof a couple other vermin for john to slay...he could injure Shadowlight but no killing her till final battle or maybe in one of the fights during the siege she could be killed off...we will see

#14 2021-05-06 03:55:30 PM

Log-A-Log

Oh... John CAN been Saturdays....hee hee read it wrong...8th still good....or like night of the 7th into morning g of the 8th and if Oz wants to do an escape this weekend he can...zoltar likely be partying it up with supplies from otter holt.
Maybe john can just go straight to Mt. then back to Halyard but maybe a lot of Halyard is like...yeah right, good joke....so most dont need the warning and when Halyardis taken over, keep in good shape as Zoltar WANTS IT AS HIS....so no burning...maybe a house or two...kill some residents but most will live....

More info on 20th

#15 2021-05-06 04:16:16 PM

oz

Ya Oz escape.....
Heck its possible John saw Zolomon get...well almost dead by Zoltar......here is an idea....what if john seen it...thought oh yeah he dead...and tells others that...right now Zolomon has that claok of his, like in the pics...no one will know its him unless he takes off the claok....there is a planed roleplay where Zolomon is gonna save felicity...think that's still on......now some of the LP may be like....oh....great Z is alive tongue...but I am sure some be happy and no Zolomon wont go inside the Mt. He will just hang around the area in this cave ( there is one off Halyard path going towards cliff or something...zolomon will shoot vermin with arrows,  that he made, every so often

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#16 2021-05-06 04:33:37 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i'm still up for the "zolomon saves felicity" thing smile  we can figure out when to do it.

#17 2021-05-06 06:27:40 PM

Log-A-Log

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=2087

Log of the once SeaTide Holt.

#18 2021-05-08 02:26:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

so, i had an idea!

you guys can do the "zoltar conquers halyard" thing on the 22nd.  i give oz permission to spoof Felicity in the background trying to help refugees escape somehow (because i assume the lp will retreat and a number of halyard citizens will escape).  so this spoof would be in the background during the chaos.  however, when everyone gets back to the mountain, she won't be with them.  everyone will have a week to run rps in Salamandastron where Felicity is missing.  then on the 29th (or whenever I'm on next after the 21st), i can come on and reveal that she had gotten injured and hid.  we can do an rp where she's trying to get back home and gets caught by part of zoltar's horde.  zolomon can then save her.

what do y'all think of that?

#19 2021-05-08 03:22:49 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright; I'll also add with Halyard being conquered, the base/fort the LP has been making (where Terrence has been IC'ly the past month or so) in the town could come into play; once it's clear the horde is too big to defend the town against, Terrence (or whoever is in charge) would order everyone back to the fort as there is no way they could escape back to the mountain considering the distance (like 6ish hours) and how many vermin would be attacking. From there, there are two options:
1; the fort gets besieged in a similar way to how Salamandastron will be and Terrence and anyone else with him would be trapped in the fort until Zoltar's beaten back
2: the fort is besieged for a night or so and an order comes to the LP to abandon it and somehow return to the mountain - Terrence would be vehemently against the idea as there wouldn't be any real way to make it on foot from a horde-infested-town and trying to run back to the mountain with only a few dozen hares guarding the town's refugees while trying to slip past a force of 500+ would be suicide. However as they are in a harbor and the fort is on the edge of the water, an idea/plan could be formed to capture any of the ships still at anchor there in the dead of night and use them to escape the fort and slip down the coast back to the Mountain; and with that Terrence would order all supplies meaning resources, food, personal belongings, and weapons that can't fit on the ship(s) be destroyed in the fort, as well as the fort itself to be burned down or flooded so that the horde can't use it themselves. Terrence would oversee that personally, and perhaps in the confusion of escaping the burning place Felicity could be separated and lost and forced to hide, while Terrence and the rest escape safely back to Salamandastron - and perhaps Terrence and everyone else doesn't notice Felicity is missing until after they set sail and the fire is already burning when the LP has a rollcall on deck. They couldn't return to retrieve her, as the horde would be fully alerted that something was happening that point, and she'd have to be left on her own.

I like the second option more myself, which is why I put more detail in it, but I wanted to share both possibilities tongue

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#20 2021-05-08 05:18:59 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#21 2021-05-08 05:19:43 PM

oz

Maybe Flood it?

I don't know....maybe a fire..likely be assumed those vermin did it and Terrence could just decide....we leaving now...and manage to take some towns beast...well...somewhere, I know vermin ones, that are the ones on hares side that is...may still not be able to be in the Mt....guess can be figured out on 22nd.

I play:

#22 2021-05-08 07:11:28 PM

Log-A-Log

Zoltar don't plan to destory much...I mean he wants the town as his own, and yes....611 members now in his horde. He found a small group and added them.

Hmmms, hee..its an old building ....burn it! Ha ha....I mean they can rebuilt back even stronger!

I am OOCLY still offline till Thursday 20th May.

Now ICLY Zoltar WILL be on the move. Making his way to Halyard, that yes he takes over...it be a week or so later he says hello to Salamanstron.  Course he will find Salamanstron  is a LOT harder to try to take over...we can figure out if he gets any captives, maybe kill some NPC hares...captives likely be NPC.

Zoltar likely won't be involved in attacking Felicity...I mean...he has his horde beast for matters like that...now my thinking is...he keeps 200 in Halyard and takes 400 to the mountain. Or something like that...maybe half one place...half the other, that will be figured out.

Ok see ya all the 20th May

#23 2021-05-08 10:08:12 PM

Mother Krisha

The Long Patrol has a ship! The...was it Valor?...its the one Keldorn gave them and Ciocan...the one they used to go free the dibbuns on the island

And maybe the vermin from village that get along with the hares can be on the ship slightly downshore. With a smal like..5 hares. And like woodlander at Mt. Course some would be trapped in the village.

#24 2021-05-09 07:33:06 AM

Elmef

The Valor is anchored in Halyard I believe, that is where Ciocan left it.

I'd say if it looked like it would be impossible to defend the town the LP would load as many citizens onto the valor and other fishing boats as they could and sail for it. The Mayor is a sea otter and has a fishing boat as well as do a few others.

So escaping by sea seems like the sensible option rather then get trapped in a fort they can't hope to hold

#25 2021-05-09 10:44:57 AM

oz

Yeah other ships cool! I am thinking a good amount escape before the Crimson Shadow horde takes over Halyard completely....hee and if there is no ships in dock not like the horde can follow!

Maybe Rufus, I will send him this link. Can let the others at the mountain know all the hares and some others from Halyard is safe but that sadly Halyard is taken over...as most dont pay too much attention to sea gulls, they are normal to be by the sea.

I play:

Board footer