Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-23 12:34:03 PM

Leon

Oh Your Here For The Chest

=Yes its short but not all logs have to be long=

Redwall Log:
In log:
Leon-Brother And Master Healer of Redwall
Xander-Badger and resident of Redwall
-Spoofed couple novice healers

Happens right after this log..basically :
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=48

Rw: Infirmary
----------------------------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Xander walked into the infirm quietly and looked around before sitting on one of the cots and waiting, he shakes his head when one of the healers on duty came "I just need to speak to Brother Leon please, that’s all" The healer novice nodded and went to go find the Master Healer while the badger waited.   

Leon soon came into the room "Is something the matter Xander? what did you need?" He has some concern in his voice.   

Xander opens up a paper and takes a key from his pocket, gee how many times has he showed a key to someone the last couple days, "This, from Uncle Zee" His voice is quiet as he speaks.   

Leon looks at the key" Ah yeah that" He nods and walks over to a cabinet, he has his own key for this as he pulls it out and unlocks the cabinet, moves a couple jars and finds a small chest, big enough for maybe a letter or two, its small for a chest but it’s a chest and he walks over to hand it to Xander "Probably not what your expecting but here it is, it’s your job to open it, not me" He goes over to relock the cabinet though and puts the key away as he walks back over to Xander.   

Xander frowns as this is clearly not the Blade of The Northwind Storms, he nods and unlocks the chest and yep there is a key, and a short letter as he reads it he frowns.   

Leon peers over his shoulder "Whats the matter? Hard clue or whatever and I would help but Zee said no helping, sorry. It was something ya had to do on your own"   

Xander frowns and reads "You’re doing great so far boy, now comes finding a rat named Patch, sorry I have no clue where de lad might be, ya can try Ferravale or maybe if he hears ya looking for him he will find you, oh and make sure ya have a small bag of candy chestnuts and the couple gold coins I left oh and the key ta open the chest he has, he he....signed Uncle Zee" He pockets the key and the two coins and sighs.   

Leon hmmms and shrugs "Yeah Patch....interesting beast he could be anywhere. Though I did see him briefly at Zee's funeral and he surprisely behaved himself and nothing is missing from the abbey but I serious do not think  he is still in the abbey. He most likely left to where ever he goes"   

Xander sighs, "But I don't know where to even start looking" He frowns and then seems to remember "Wait I..I may have an idea, he helped me once right before Uncle Zee died. I was lost in the woods and he found me and let me spend the night at his camp and then got me back to Uncle Zee" He smiles a little "I sort of remember the area he was in or least...an idea"   

Leon smiles "Well that’s a start, right? Maybe look there then just be careful of ice and snow and make sure to wear a warm cloak as I don’t want to see you in my infirm due to weather related illness or injury"   

Xander nods "I promise Brother Leon, I will be careful    “

Leon says, "Good now let’s go get the bad of candy chestnuts and I am sure there is a reason for them"   

Xander nods "I believe Patch likes them, he had some at his camp he was eating."   

Leon shrugs “Who knows, just be careful. Patch has to have some good in him or Zee wouldn’t trust him with a chest, but that doesn’t mean much. Zee had some...questionable friends in Ferravale , he always tried to find the good in beasts and a lot of beast there respected him, doesn’t mean they will respect just anyone"   

Xander says, "Good advice I will keep it in mind, don't worry Brother Leon and I won't be gone too long, if I am they can have some beasts come look for me...sound good?"   

Leon nods "Yeah and I say if I don’t see you at least by mid-morning tomorrow I will start to worry"   

Xander says, "Fair enough and I do have a blade, even if it’s just temporary till I get The Blade of The Northwind Storms...it will protect me if needed, not that I will look for trouble, I wouldn’t do that I rather avoid trouble if I can""   

Leon says, "Good please avoid trouble, I rather not tend to an injured badger anytime soon"   

Xander nods and heads out the door

Leon watches him leave and sighs, he then gets back to infirm duties, hoping he doesn’t see the young badger come back with an injury.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer