Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-16 02:00:38 PM

oz

What. They Are Leaving Mossflower?

****  This happens  ICLY after the To The Rescue role play is over.Patch chooses the wrong time to get into the middle  of an argument, or is it an argument? ***

RW Abbey: Entry
----------------------
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. 
-----------------------

Patch left shortly after he knew that most of that fight in the woods was taken care of and he watches as the badger maid was taken to Ferravale so of course he went to go let others know, it’s his job to after all....course he did wait till morning, what he is afraid of the dark but that’s his secret and his alone.

Ferro walked to the abbey, he had not bothered to change yet so he most likely looks fairly tried and....fearsome as he scans the entry and luckily most are elsewhere which is good as he isn’t in the best mood really.   

Xander has been worried, though seeing Patch and Ferro he quickly goes over to them "News? What happen...where is every beast? Who was the so called boss the stoat mentioned." And course his main worry, "Where is Krisha?"   

Patch starts to reply when...whoa the monitor and backs up towards Xander as he speaks "Well...she is fine...think, and the good guys were winning and sure they won I mean.....why wouldn’t they and get this the stoat and his men and such...worked for this mouse, who may or may not be alive now." That’s his update, what he saw and now he rather leave or maybe raid the kitchens as its better inside than outside right now and well...food.   

Ferro hisses as his tail coils, "The mouse is captive......the sssssscum is executed...." Yeah he is still a bit..upset, not as though. He takes a deep breath "Krisha issssss in infirm." And after much thought, "Ssssssshe recoverssssssss will leave..."   

Xander listens and then blinks "Leave? W..wot do ya mean leave? Leave the infirm...Ferravale...and.." He looks concern and starts to head out...well he may get his blade just in case, "I got to get to her..."   

Patch stays off to the side, "I would wait. I mean leaving too soon and all. Anyone need anything I was gonna get a snack"   

Ferro snorts "Leave...Mosssssssflower...."Yep over protective dad is here and he sounds serious.   

Xander looks like he just heard the worse thing ever" Mossflower?" He struggles to find his voice and shakes his head "You can't leave and you just became the blacksmith at Ferravale....and..and..." If the monitor leaves most likely someone else would too." Stay and your part of Mossflower Defenders...why would you suddenly leave?" Maybe that was said a little too loudly.   

Patch eyes widen as he quickly hides behind the badger "Stripy........your yelling at a monitor...hello? Remember the thing bout meat....you know us?"   

Ferro narrows his eyes, he is not in the mood for this but he doesn’t strike out, "I do assssssssssssss I want. SSSSSSSome where sssssafer for Krisha. Tooo many...troublessssss " Well only be one and that was an issue taken care of..well mostly. He glares at the rat, the rat is annoying to him, "SSSSSShut up."   

Xander frowns, "Patch you’re NOT helping..." He stays calm.....slightly as monitors can be scary when right in your face, "Ferro....please. Rethink this as your just upset and that’s understandable but leaving won’t solve anything, who to say you wouldn’t come across something else and it’s not like you could go further north...well you couldn't anyways. It was an ambush but now everyone is safe and recovering and I am sure Drake will be taken care of, guessing he is in a cell in Ferravale...right?"   

Patch tenses up, he frowns and now there is a small crowd. all boy.....he gulps as he lets Xander talk to the monitor, yep good plan.   

Ferro eyes narrow and flash slightly, he dislikes being told what he sees as what to do and not do." Why do you caressssssssss?"   

Xander keeps his focus, so beasts are watching that’s fine as that can happen. "Because..." Not a good answer he knows as he frowns as he looks down "Ok...fine, your right....it’s your decision, not m..mine." He is silent and is unsure how to place any why this or that into words and then there is tears he doesn’t brother to wipe away "Can....can I tell someone bye at lease be..before you leave?"   

Patch closes his eyes, yep stripy is gonna die. Then he opens his eyes and looks between them and frowns and a small fuse of bravery as he jabs a paw at the monitor "Hey whats the idea me friend is crying ya...ya" Wait this is a monitor he is jabbing as he backs up and whimpers "Ya...ya....ummm...." The rat decides he is getting someone better for this, the rat runs  elsewhere  before he is possible lunch.   

Ferro hissses as he watches the rat, he looks ready to grab the rat when he looks at the badger, wait tears? He lowers his clawed paw and lets the rat rush off. He says nothing right away as he really is unsure how to react to this.

Xander still looks at the ground and then slowly up at Ferro just staying quiet "If no...that’s ok...it’s just."   

The small crowd just looks between them, some muttering is done and one vole shrugs.   

Ferro speaks after what seems like forever "You jusssssssssssssst what?" He has calmed some now, and waits for him to reply.   

Xander frowns "I...sorry I raised my voice I just don’t want to lose a friend I care about, one I want to protect, one I want to help and if you think leaving is best that’s your decision and not mine and your most likely leaving soon so no time to say g..goodbye and that would just be painful anyways." He clears his throat “Please where ever you and Krisha go...be careful, keep her safe and..find a way to make her smile, she smiled at the feast, she even giggled and I want her to be happy like that, maybe find some place she can teach someone to dance even though I refused and maybe I should  of not done that . I did plan to let her teach me and maybe teach her some pottery making" He smiles at the thought, "Could of been.....fun. She might not speak but that’s fine she is still...." He just sighs a little. “Tell her I am glad she is ok...please"   

Ferro cross his arms over his chest, he just rather leave but he stays, he listens and is very curious of those last few words....."She smiled?..She laughed?"   

Xander nods feeling some tears go down his face "Y..yeah..and her smile is.....laugh soun----- I..." Think of an excuse fast before you look like a crying  dibbun "Abbot needed help with something so got to go" All words jumbled up and he walks way and then rushes off somewhere towards the pond.

Ferro reaches out a clawed paw "Xander?!" He then drops it slowly and frowns, help the abbot? Yeah right.

Patch had watched from the wall tops, well his friend wasn’t eaten so that’s good. He may have to go check on his stripy friend, yeah good plan as he goes to get down from the wall tops and to his friend and avoid the monitor

==Couple hours later in the Great Hall Ferro and Patch start to argue again but luckly Benar shows up===

RW Abbey: Great Hall
===============
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.
The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.
=============================

Patch had started to check on his friend, but then he got the idea to confront the lizard and most likely not one of his better plans.   

Ferro was sitting inside now, one it was too hot outside, he sees the rat out of the corner of his eye and decides to ignore it   

Patch frowns and then takes a deep breath as he walked over, yep he is tougher...he is..a coward yep that’s true as he suddenly whimpers and backs off, "You....you upset me friend..."   

Benar steps in from the Breezeway, the abbot shutting the door behind him and the novice with him. The two have a quiet murmured conversation and then the novice hurries off toward the kitchen. The abbot meanwhile turns towards the library and starts to cross library but the whimpering and words get his attention, "Is there a problem my friends?"   

Ferro narrows his eyes and hisses. He looks over towards the squirrel and recognizes him as the abbot" All isssssss fine." Yes so far as he looks at the rat." Go away. And what friend?"   

Patch keeps a fair distance "Stripy....you and the whole gonna leave thing, and not seeing others feelings and....." He thinks the next words carefully and frowns " If ya go...he will miss her and she will miss him and......and your just make things worse..he was helping her ya know not be so....well don't know...outta place?"   

Benar looks from one to the other and tucks his hands into the sleeves of his habit, "Everyone is friends here in the Abbey, what is all this talk of going away?"   

Ferro snorts, if he wasn't in the abbey he most likely grab rat, say something rude and storm off but he will respect this place. "I have thought of leaving Mosssssssflower and my daughter would go too. SSSSSSomewhere sssssafer" Which is...he isn’t sure as he frowns. He speaks again "Or...maybessssss I am jusssssssst an overprotective fool"   

Patch shrugs "Well...most." He looks at the monitor and slowly sits down, and no not near the lizard as he isn’t taking a chance   

Benar looks from one to the other, "Well our friend lizard is welcome to go wherever he so wishes. Though there is no safer place in the world then Mossflower."   

Ferro listens, again he snorts as he thinks "I do not know........my daughter hassssssss been quiet for two sssssseasons...an ambush" He doesn’t go into details and after a moment speaks again." SSSSSSSSShe wassssss almost hurt yesterday on the way back from Ferravale...ssssso go or sssstay I know not" He frowns. " SSSSSSSShe may be happier here though"   

Patch sighs" But what about me friend losing someone who he cares bout and she may care bout him too"   

Benar frowns, "I see... the road between here and the village is not as safe as I would like it. but here inside these walls I promise you we are as safe as can be."   

Ferro smirks "I ammm alwaysssss ssssssafe" He has teeth, claws and the mace which is in the weapons area luckily. He does frown "My daughter.......Krisha I worry about..sssssshe is." He may as well tell them, some know "Shhhe is not a monitor, ssssssshe is a badger, her mother and father died from my tribe, a tribe I was leaving at the time.....her mother was near death had given birth to her and...ssssssssome reason trusted me to...get her elssssssewhere, I am handed the newborn badger pup and the mother died a couple minutes   later and I fled the lands ssssssouth.....now ssssseasons later I find myself in your lands....a...over protective father one could call it"

Patch blinks, well some things he didnt know. He does raise a paw "Ya know...stripy.....he cares about Krisha..maybe even falling in love.....ya can’t take her away from here and maybe tis worse somewhere else, something bad elsewhere."   

Benar moves over to a chair and sits down, "I am afraid if Ferro wishes to take his daughter elsewhere we cannot and must never think we have the right to stop him," He looks at the rat then turns back to the monitor, "But I would urge you both to stay here. Redwall is safe, I promise, and in time I am sure our healers can help her learn to speak."   

Ferro says, "My tribe isssssss no more...they found usssssss two seasons ago...they paid for their crimes with death" His eyes flash a little and he goes calm again " What other dangerssssss are around?" He looks to the abbot, "Sssssshe knows how to ssssspeak......that day two ssssseasons ago...sssssomething changed." He snorts at the rat, but then again recalling the talk in the entry, some glances during the feast, maybe he is right. He speaks calmed now "Xander Winters isssssssss a good friend to her....ssssshe does smile near him.....sssssomething else not done in two ssssseasons....he mentioned she ...laughed at the feast...prehapsssss...he can help her as well" "   

Patch asks, "So you’re staying or gonna leave ta who knows where?"   

Benar frowns at Patch again then turns his attention back to Ferro, "There are no dangers that I know of personally, other than the fact the world itself can be dangerous"   

Ferro hisssses at the rat, but again he respects the abbey. He calms again as he speaks to the abbot "Forgive my temper........I am sssssssorry for it." He seems to have come to a final answer, "I will ssssstay, me and Krisha......for now. But..I will sssstay in Ferravale in my blacksmith sssshop, I ask you..sssssir abbot to please let Krisha sssstay here in your abbey. I trust  here...I know few here ssssssso I humble ask ssssshe have protection, Xander Winters can be her protection and that I can visit her here when I want and not be feared though I know I cannot change beasts view of a monitor. I Assure you I would harm none here, I do not even eat meat" Wow big secret letting be know "I am a vegetarian." Yep that’s different, very much so.   

Patch looks in shock, wait what he doesn’t eat beasts?" That a trick or something...how can a monitor be a vegetarian?" The rat should really shut up but that’s Patch for you. He speaks before he thinks.   

Benar turns his head and stares at Patch for a moment, then nods to Ferro, "Of course we will look after her and keep her safe. I shall make sure if she ever wishes to visit you that she does not travel alone either."   

Ferro nods, ok he is going to break abbey rules soon..."Please tell the rat to leave" It’s said calmly.   

Patch blinks as he rolls his eyes "How rude." He does at least shut up as he stays seated   

Benar shakes his head at Patch and slowly stands up, "Please Patch, if you would give us a moment alone?"   

Patch twitches, he slowly stands and waits to speak as this is the abbot of Redwall and the last thing he wants is kicked out of the abbey forever. He nods " Fine...I have things to do" He walks away and out to the road, he may be a rat but he isn’t one of those evil ones, he isn’t a perfect goodie good either..heck he is a jerk at times and likes gold, but candy chestnuts too...he will spy for good or bad at the right price, but he also listens to those in charge such as Abbot Benar here or that chief cat in Ferravale. So he walks out of the abbey and off to his treehouse. Peacefully by the way.   

Ferro watches the rat leave and shakes his head "The rat was about to get ssssssslapped"   

Benar breathes out as Patch leaves and turns back to the lizard, "I do apologize for Patch, he speaks his mind..." He holds out a paw, "I promise we will do all in our power to keep your daughter safe here in Redwall."   

Ferro slowly reaches out to shake the abbots paw "I...thank you...my name is Ferro in cassssse itssss needed to know. I know it seeeeems out of place for me to be Krisha's....father I think beasts first thoughs when seen us together was I wassss sssome sssssort of.....sssssslaver"   

Benar says, "That is ok," He smiles, "My mother is not my birth mother, the world is a dangerous place and many of us end up living with different family."   

Ferro nods slowly "Perhaps why I am.....over protective....too over protective to the point of not even letting her go outside home..only increased the passssst couple sssseasons....she needs to be less...closed away from the world, then maybe sssshe will...speak again"   

Benar says, "Being overprotective is fine as long as you realize you are being so," He smiles, "You can then start to change how you act and behave"

Ferro says, "Change can be hard...I am not....one to be near too many mysssself, beasts come and go in the sssssshop, they rarely chat much past fix or make this"

Benar says, "Change can take time, but I promise here in Redwall we will do all we can to help should you wish us to do so."

Ferro nods, a novice starts to come in only to slightly eep and back out, the monitor simply watches and speaks again "Yesssss thingssss take time to get use to...prehapsssss I sssssssshould go and return later"   

Benar nods and stands up, "Allow me to see you out, I will be available should you wish to speak later"   

Ferro nods "We sssshall seee Abbot, till then it was good to talk of important matters"

Benar led the monitor out to the road then heads back inside to his quarters.

Ferro heads on to check on Krisha and will wait till she is recovered to take her back to the abbey.

Last edited by oz (2017-07-16 04:47:01 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer