Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-30 05:29:30 PM

oz

Getting Everyone Home Safe And Sound-REDWALL LOG

WHO:

Gorvenalus- Recoder at Redwall Abbey

Patch- Spy,Owner of Redthorn Tavern....

Krisha- Badger Mother at Redwall

Xander-Redwall Novice

Zoltar- wildcat  and leader of a random thief band, has 3 ferrets with him

Matilda- Champion of Redwall

LOG:

Krisha was glad to be back, a day late but back and stayed quiet,she asked for an extra day off and went to sit by the steps leading up to the wall tops.Her wrist was bandaged and for now, she seemed to only want to talk to only a couple beasts.   

Xander sighs as he sits down, the novices and order beast had gone on inside as he quietly spoke "It will be ok, we can find Gorvenalus..somehow, how not a clue unless someone maybe saw something"   

Patch would pick now to come to the abbey and course right away in trouble "But I am inna hurry back off....oh like I would stab someone...come on" He still had a dagger on him, scanning the grounds he finds the badgers and rushes ver "Hey...hey ya all got serious issues"   

Krisha sighs "Well it's a rule...give the guard the dagger Patch or I will literally toss you to the road"Ok so she is grumpy.   

Xander watches Patch and nods "Yeah...she has a point and right now not in the mood Patch we have a missing beast to find, lets just say the last couple days at Brock Hall was not so relaxing but we are back at the abbey now...well one of us isn't "   

Patch goes hand over the dagger and listens, "Tis the old beaver by chance? I saw im' with a wildcat and 4 ferrets. They didn't see me though"   

Krisha is quickly curious "You saw....where?" She sounds hopeful,"We need to know and maybe ...like Matilda can go track him down with a couple of beasts"   

Xander frowns "Yeah that wildcat was in Brock Hall a couple days and then left....but he and his friends have Brother Gorvenalus. If I ..."He sighs " Could still go myself I would but....can't and....and I won't, have to let another handle this"   

Patch taps a footpaw "I say go get ya blade...I will help..ya trust me right? I mean come on tis one of those...important issue things and maybe novice is not wot ya cut out ta do"   

Krisha shakes her head "That's not how it works Patch...and besides he can't....his leg and no weapon now"   

Xander nods "Yeah my blade is....well far from here in safe keeping, maybe one day Oz will get it but not worried about that right now....and you can help who ever goes to look for Gorvenalus."   

Patch blinks "Far away?!" He sounds like that's the worse thing ever "Why is it...was in taken?...wait ya said....ok where is it?"   

Krisha sighs , she will let Xander answer as she goes to talk with Sister Anna, a frown forms as she seems to get updated on some dibbun issues, "Oh...great " She mutters and glances over at Patch and Xander.   

Xander replies "Lord Ciocan has my blade..safest place for it and do NOT tell Oz...he will need to figure that out himself when he is of age...sort of a find quest like Uncle Zee did fer me...also if the blade is that far away I am less tempted to go off on some...dangerous mission when I am no where near as good fighting with a messed up...well right side and not training since...well the injuries even happen, no...need to since....ummm novice and one day Brother in the order"   

Patch groans and looks ready to bang his head into the wall"Ok...never mind that...who do I get and show where these vermin are then?"   

Krisha replies as she walks back over "Tell Matilda,she is best for this sort of thing and maybe "She glances at Xander "Are there any Defenders around, or did the group break up?"   

Xander says, "It's still....sort of around. A couple stays around the abbey and the rest....ummm maybe 5 or 6 stays in Ferravale. The base is still there just....sort of no official leader for the Mossflower Defenders now, I mean I stepped down though they do still ask for advice or chat with me" He frowns "I really should find a new leader but....well it can wait"   

Patch nods "Well de wildcat and his pals have some camp close to the river....not smart if ask me but hey ...that's me..not sure how long they plan to stay or direction they plan to go"   

Krisha says, "The wildcat was not too talkative so it's hard to say...he seemed to want to know some of the land and Gorvenalus told him he knew a lot...so not sure what's gonna happen "   

Xander frowns "Gorvenalus didn't want to see anything happen to us or the others and for sure not let something happen to Brock Hall, tis hard to say what that Zoltar had planed"   

Patch says, "Ok so he is either brave....or gets bad ideas in his head. Hmmms Zoltar....name is kind of familiar...and kind of not"   

Krisha listens as they speak, for now just trying to think. She should go lecture some of the dibbuns involved in the fight yesterday but for now, they are lucky she is not in the mood to lecture. she is tired and just wants to use her extra day off to rest, lecture time can come tomorrow.   

Xander says, "Maybe the wildcat has no clue where to go and he is ...lost, which be good for us as if you don't know those woods you can get pretty lost"   

Patch says, "Being lost can make one extra grump also ...that can be bad for any captive ya know...course lost slows them down too"   

Krisha says, "Lost would mean they wouldn't find the tree again, that be good"   

Xander hmms "Did Zoltar seem lost eailer Patch?"   

Patch says, "I couldn't tell sorry, likely though as he walked around and camped again close to where he was before."   

Krisha sighs as she stands "I am going to my room......I have till tomorrow morning off..so gonna get a nap in"   

Xander offers a small smile "Get the rest love, things will work out and all will be well. I can update you tomorrow"   

Patch says, "Yes rest be good...for stress and such"   

Krisha glares at Patch and then seems to decide to agree with him, rest would be best right now and she can better deal with things after some sleep. She nods and heads to bed, she will likely sleep most of the day and night   

Xander helps Krisha on to her room and returns shortly to speak with Patch more, then goes to find Matilda.

Patch is pacing in the entry after speaking with a couple guards, a slight misunderstanding when he didn't give up his dagger right away, he did but not before he spoke to a couple beasts, he had news darn it so he kind of was trying to find someone and forgot the whole...weapon at the gate.

Matilda comes walking out of her cottage to see what all the noise is about, she moves toward the guards and sighs, "Patch what did you do this time?"   

Patch sighs as he is relieved and walks over, a guard seems uncertain of him as the rat speaks "As told de others...ya got issues with a wildcat, he and his pals have ya recorder as a captive and seem to have no clue as a direction to go in Mossflower...which could be good or bad depending on how ya look at it"   

Matilda frowns and nods, "Wait," she orders the rat and turns and vanishes back into her cottage. She then walks back out strapping on her sword belt with the sword of Martin, "Patch take me to them, I assume you know where they took Gorvenalus?" She then turns to the Guard, "Lock the gate after I leave, no one enters, no one leaves without Benar's express permission. Lock the abbey down and do not open any gate unless it is me out there or Benar gives you an order to do so."   

Patch nods "I have an idea....I mean could be worse he could have others...he doesn't no worries...just saying..."And he is making it worse and just goes to where they need to be. Course at first it will seem Patch has no clue ...then campfire smoke.

Zoltar was moody, he glares at the beaver "here are we! Tell me! Tell me or die...painfully!"

Gorvenalus frowned " You are only causing yourself stress, stress gets one no where good sir"

"I am not GOOD!" He goes to slap the beaver across the face and hisses, ears back and flat " I am losing what little patience I had"

Matilda follows Patch up the road, one hand on her sword of Martin, she is surprisingly light for a hedgehog but she lets the rat lead her.   

Zoltar grips his blade and looks ready to stab the old beaver, he then walks over to another tree. A ferret speaks "Want me ta kill him....."The wildcat glares "No idiot.....morons...I have morons here!"   

Gorvenalus is still calm as he has his paw behind his back and briefly looks around, he speaks "Taking a deep breath and being calm helps."He frowns slightly as he is kind of turned around now too...great.   

Patch points to the voices and goes climbing into a nearby tree..."He has....3 pals with him"He says quietly.   

Matilda crouches and peers through the brush and nods, "Ok Patch, I need a distraction, preferably loud and distracting, give me five minutes," She moves off left, starting to circle around so she can approach Zoltar and his crew from behind.   

Zoltar storms over to the beaver and goes to slam him into a tree "Think hard...where are we at. Was this a trick to get me away from that ....whatever ya call it..tree fort?" Which he has no clue where that is now.   

Patch frowns "A distraction?" He sighs and thinks and then sighs as he slips down and clears his throat....why him...."Yo Ugly!!"   

Gorvenalus ooofs as he hits the tree trunk and frowns, "You left on your...own" His back is sore now as he sighs, "We are somewhere...close to the abbey I think, I am uncertain...you find a creek and....the..."He tilts his head, he knows that voice.   

Matilda continues to move around, staying back in the trees, she does however remove her sling and a large pebble from her pouch and starts to spin it around slowly, eyeing the three of them. She has a plan but she needs Patch to have all their attention on him for just a few seconds.

Zoltar starts to grip his blade and then turns to the voice. He motions to the 3 ferrets to go check it out as he backs away from Gorvenalus slightly for now.   

Patch frowns as yep least one ferret sees him as he erks and goes to run a short distance,he slows and looks behind him again staying close to an area of limbs and dead leaves.   

Gorvenalus sighs relieved and relax a little as he listens to any sounds and tries to figure out where they are for sure, if they moves slightly they would see the top of the bell tower through the trees, just it's up a small sloop to see it and down a path.   

Matilda lets fly her rock from the sling, aiming it directly at the back of Zoltar's head, she is not aiming to kill just knock him out. Once he is unconscious she hopes the ferrets will panic, grab their boss and leg it and leave Gorvenalus behind, she'd really rather not kill a load of beasts today if she can avoid it.   

Zoltar moves slightly and is distracted when a ferret yelps as the yare suddenly upside down and leg caught in a rope...way up in a tree now! The wildcat starts to speak only to indeed be knocked out by the stone and crumbles to the forest floor...he will live but have a headache later, as for the other two ferrets they look around as if ghosts are around "Ghosts?" "In't thar a graveyard round here.....or maybe it's that mouse......"Fear shows as they decide to leave, not taking the boss with them, as for the one ferret...well they are not taking time to help him too bad!   

Patch smirks, he then frowns "So much for wood pigeon later....."He looks up at the ferret and just shrugs and walks off...yeah he isn't helping him, the ferret is on his own.   

Gorvenalus arches an eyebrow and watches them leave as he sits down by the tree and just hopes whatever it is is a friend not foe right
now.   

Matilda stands up and brushes down her tunic and walks out of the bushes, tying her sling back around her waist, she looks down at Zoltar and sighs, nudging him with a foot then walks over to the recorder, "Are you ok Gorvenalus? Sorry it took me so long."   

The one ferret just....yeah not like he can do much and not like he will get down too soon to join his boss and go...where ever.   

Gorvenalus smiles "It is very good to see you, Matilda. I am fine...nothing a good bath and a meal won't fix..."His paws are sore "And maybe something for rope burn on my wrists"   

Matilda asks, "It is nice to see you as well Gorvenalus, shall we head back home? I'd like to get us out of the open before anyone else turns up."   

Gorvenalus nods as he goes to follow her "Home would be nice yes. At least the weather is not too cold yet, not that I want to be in the woods...home by the fire is much better"   

Matilda motions toward the path, "LEt's get going then, come along Patch we can feed you a pie or three as thanks."   

Gorvenalus nods as he goes to follow them, of course, Patch is nearby as he slips from by a tree "Pie? I mean...sure sounds great!" The Recorder just chuckles as they head home to the abbey.

A couple hours later Zoltar awakens and finds the 3 ferrets.They end up camping by the river later on, as the wildcat is too moody to do much, yet....

Little do they know the cold weather will come all too soon in a few days....very cold weather in fact.

Not cold yet?

Just give it time....it's coming and all best be prepared.....

Last edited by oz (2020-11-30 05:30:48 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer