Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-29 09:23:10 PM

oz

Fight in The Dibbun's Room!!-DAB LOG

The time since the Dibbuns were rescued has been filled with a strange peacefulness as they have, for the most part, behaved themselves. However, as all the adults know, that could change at any time. Right now Squirrelbabe is busily playing with blocks, trying very hard to get Grace the gosling to play with her. "C'mon, Gwacie, dis is fun!" The goose shakes her head and hugs her blanket close. The Ringleader sighs. Since the bird didn't get kidnapped with them, she still doesn't trust that the squirrel has changed into a nice person. The other Dibbuns are playing in various areas of the room, peaceful....for now.   

Ciana sits in a corner. She was found or rather the rabbits brought her back,much to the relief of those worried. She now sits by herself in the corner of the room quietly.   

Xavier is here today and is playing with a vole dibbun. He giggles a little when some paint gets on the nose of the vole as ...well finger painting right now.   

Finger painting with no adult supervision? Nice. Squirrelbabe sighs heavily as Gracie waddles over and starts playing with a trio of mice. The Ringleader sighs again, then looks around the room for anyone who looks left out. She spots the leveret and stands. Walking over to her, Squirrelbabe smiles and waves. "Hia, Ciana! Wanna play blocks wif me?"   

Ciana looks up "Blocks?" She looks unsure and seems to look around for anyone. A small smile forms as she decides blocks could be nice.

Xavier finishes his picture "I give to dada" The vole seems to lose interest but does put the finger paint away and decides to find something else that's fun to do in here as the dibbuns seem to have a little extra play time today.   

Squirrelbabe smiles and goes to grab the leveret's paw. "Yeah, c'mon, let's go play!" She goes to lead her back to where the blocks are. Gracie waddles over to the finger painting just as the shrew puts it all away. The gosling looks slightly dejected. "Aw, I wanted t'do dat..." She goes to follow him, letting her blanket drag on the floor behind her. "Whatcha doin' now? Can /I/ pway wif you?"   

Ciana smiles and goes to follow her, just then Tanya the otter cub shows up and smirks at the hare. Ciana backs away and looks at the floor as Tanya speaks "I see ya back...surprised..then again seems even rabbits not want yoou"   

Xavier looks over at the goose "You can plays....ummm...what plays?" He then glances over at Tanya and Ciana..frowning slightly.   
Gracie and most of the other Dibbuns look over as Tanya says her piece. Squirrelbabe gets between the leveret and the otter, scowling darkly. "Tha' no a nice t'ing ta say! You say sowwy wight now! Ciana a good hawsie, an' /I's/ happy she hewe! So's you be nice!" The gosling honks quietly. "Oooh, dis couwd be bads..."   

Tanya just grins "Or wha...ya gonna be mads" She says it in such a sassy way, she glances at the hare and chuckles "No one wants her around...do they?" Ciana starts to cry now and wipes her eyes but tears still come as the otter just laughs "See she a cry baby...she also de reason wes got taken away in first place"   

Xavier tilts his head "Away?" Then he got lucky to of been in the GUOSIM camp when this all happen, he was safe but he knows some others were not. He also snorts as he looks over at the otter and says "Yous a meanie fur"   

Gracie gulps and hugs her blanket close. Squirrelbabe floofs up and advances on the otter, eyes blazing with pure rage as her paws clench into fists. "YOU SHUTS UP!!" She yells, baring her teeth viciously as she continues to advance upon Tanya. "It no hew fault we get taken, it da fault of da shtoopid vermin! Now say you sowwy, ow I wip you EAWS off!!!" The trio of little female mice surround Ciana and go to hug her and pat her back as they glare at the otter. One thing their captivity taught most of them is to stick together, almost like a family.   

Ciana starts to cry more but as the 3 mice, dibbuns go to help her she sniffs and slowly starts to feel a small bit better. Tanya on the other paw just rolls her eyes "Yeah yeah....de vermin came causes she did" That's the otters thinking anyways "We shoulds like....banishes her..even that one hare left..gee guess he no like her"   

Xavier looks around and finds a small ball and tosses it towards the otter and then looks like ...what he did nothing, couse it could miss her or hit her, he seems to not care.   

Oh, that is it! Squirrelbabe gives a screech of rage and pounces at the otter, aiming to bite her ear and punch and scratch her and wrap her hind legs around the otter's waist. Some of the Dibbuns scream or start to cry. The ferret Dibbun joins the trio of mice as they try to pull the leveret away from the fight. Gracie honks in alarm and runs to the other side of the room, covering her head with her blankie when she gets there.   

Ciana gasps and doesn't think twice on going to the other side of the room. Tanya eeps as she is knocked down and kicks right back and goes to try and pull some of Squirrelbabe's tail fur out. The ball misses her, barely, and bounces off the wall and rolls into the hallway.   

Xavier blinks and looks at the fight, he grins "Biute de otters nose off ya!" He is so helpful.   

Squirrelbabe squeaks as she's kicked, but she doesn't let it stop her! She tries to slip the otter over and sit on her back, still scratching and biting, even as her tail gets pulled. There's enough yelling and screaming in here, it's a wonder no adults have come to investigate yet... The ferret Dibbun is trembling, and most of the Dibbuns are crying, although some are shouting helpful advice like the shrew's doing.   

Tanya goes to try and get loose and then bite squirrelbabe's paw. "CIANA NO BELONGS HERES....NOT AT ALL" Cian sniffs and looks ready to cry again and does her best to not listen and just focus on other things   

It had been some time since Spruce had been in the dibbuns room, and even more, since he had stepped foot inside willingly. He'd avoided it (and its inhabitants) as well as he could but now... He pauses outside the door, hearing the ruckus within. Looking first up the hallway to his right, and then down to his left, the young squirrel carefully sets the clean linens he'd been carrying down a few strides from the door. "I swear if I end up in trouble for this..." Even as he mutters he reaches out for the door handle yet thinks better of it, instead giving three sharp, hefty knocks to the wood.

Xavier looks at the door and says "We needs de...ummm..someone...me go get grown-up" And he dashes off   

"SHE DOES TOO!!! YOU DA ONE WHO NO BELONG!!! OUCHIE!!" Squirrelbabe tries to jerk her paw out of Tanya's mouth, then tries to punch her in the eye. Gracie huddles under her blanket in the far corner. The ferret goes to hug Ciana. "She's a liar. You belong here, just like me. It's okay, Ciana..." Then the knock is heard, and everyone freezes....except for Squirrelbabe. She hears it, but she decides to try and get the otter in trouble. "Ouchie, she bitin' me!!" The trio of mice gulp and look at each other. The other Dibbuns look at the door. Should they answer it?   

Ciana just watches as Tanya is punched right in the face and blood forms around her snout. Tanya screams and kicks at Squirrelbabe "I..hate....you all!!"   

They aren't given a choice as Spruce is left standing in the opening doorway as Xavior makes his getaway. There's regret almost immediately as the squirrel takes in the scene: first, having to jump out of the way of baby shrew bolting out, then the squirrelbabes blaming of the otter, and the otter's scream and kick. And of course the goose who will no doubt blame him somehow for all this. "Well..." He says, making clicking his tongue, "This is quite the mess now, isn't it?"   

"THEN YOU GOES AWAHOOF!!" Squirrelbabe is kicked back, and she rolls head over heels to land on her back with another 'oof.' She glares at the older squirrel. Oh, she remembers him from the feast. "YOU! You makes Gwacie to be a /liaw/! Go 'ways! An' takes hew wif you!" She adds, pointing at Tanya. The ferret Dibbun goes to hug the leveret close, obviously worried about what's about to happen now. Gracie peers out from under her blankie and gulps, desperately wishing Mother Krisha was here.   

Ciana frowns and covers her eyes. Tanya snots and just glare at everyone in the room, "The hare should go aways...why de rabbits even bring her back...ha cause they no want her cause she bad...should , should uh stayed on de island forevers"   

Spruce takes the accusation in stride, waving his paw as if to ward off the younger squirrel's words. "Well, at least I'm not a spoilsport like /Gwacie."/ He remembers the feast too and still smarts about it. "Though I will be if you lot don't stop fighting. And you there, otter -" he snaps at Tanya, "Just shut it for now, will you?" As far as he's aware, the rabbit (or maybe hare as he actually can't tell) is one of the only dibbuns in the room who doesn't try to get him in trouble every time they meet.   

That was the last thing needed to make Gracie start crying. Squirrelbabe can't figure out who to be the most angry at, Spruce or Tanya. She points a finger at him, shaking with anger. When she speaks, her voice is low and dangerous, which would be terrifying if 1) Spruce knew exactly who she was, and 2) she wasn't so small with such a high-pitched baby voice. "/Get 'im./" The other members of the DAB dash behind him and shut the door so he can't escape, eager to do something other than just watch a fight. They surround him, just staring...for now. Squirrelbabe turns back to the otter, trusting that her followers can handle the older squirrel. "YOU no want Ciana," the Ringleader, "but WE do, an' you gonna be nice or go away, or /I/ gonna tell da Abbot an' gets YOU bainsheded!! Gottit??!" The ferret, the trio of mice, the gosling, and a few other of the more timid Dibbuns stay back, watching in mild horror.   

Tanya rolls her eyes "Oh yeah the old squirrel is so scary..I shaking" She just looks at Ciana who whimpers and chuckles "The hare is a wimp.....she a looser."   

Even if by now the tallest of the dibbuns barely come up to his elbow, the effect of being surrounded still makes Spruce nervous. "Listen - Squirrelbabe - it won't turn out well for anyone if you try and jump me, okay?" His eyes are searching the room even as he says this, looking for somewhere he can climb up to. "And besides!" He starts for a bed, intending to step up on it, "The otter's the one being mean, mostly." Perhaps it's not the best thing to turn the dibbuns on themselves, but it's him or them. And if a mean otter is the price to pay for his life, Spruce is willing to pay it.   

The horde of Dibbuns merely follow the older squirrel and surround the bed he's on, staring up at him. "But you was mean ta Gwacie dat one time, an' you make hew cwy," one of the hedgehogs in the group points out, and a mouse adds, "Yeah, an' you sass Movver /Krisha/ an' make DoraRose /mad/." "Yeah," a chorus of Dibbun voices add. Him being rude to Dora at the feast obviously got him into their bad graces. They press in closer to the bed, most of them starting to look very suspicious and grumpy at him. Squirrelbabe squeaks in anger and pounces at Tanya again, fists swinging. Looks like a real grown up may be needed to come end this...   

Tanya screams and again, is punched.She kicks out and now tries to get away from Sqirrelbabe.Her nose is bleeding and so is a cut on her arm and leg.   

"And you all worship the gate keeper, eh?" Spruce laughs, jittery. "I doubt she or the good badger mother would be happy with all this." With a great leap from the bed he lands atop a high wardrobe safely out of reach of the short arms of the dibbuns, though it wobbles a bit as he lands. Unless squirrel babe comes after but luckily for Spruce she's otherwise engaged. Curling up into a ball against the wall and out of site of the ground, he hunkers down and waits for someone with less of a bad reputation than he has.   

Squirrelbabe lets the otter go, but she follows menacingly. "I'ma tell da Abbot, an' den you be SO SOWWY you messed wif my fwiend!" The horde of Dibbuns follows Spruce to the wardrobe, many of them shrieking in dismay and anger. However, the Ringleader isn't the only squirrel Dibbun in the Abbey. There are 3 others, and they all dart up the wardrobe, making it quake under the older squirrel. The 3 of them pounce at him, one of them trying to buffet his head with the pillow they managed to drag up here! The ferret, the trio of mice, and Gracie scream, and they dash to the door, trying to drag Ciana with them. "Wet's get DoraRose!" Gracie honks, leading the way.   

Ciana nods and quickly goes to follow them out the door. Tanya just laughs and watches Spuce now "Oh this is funny."   

Spruce's peace last for but a moment until he feels the shaking as the dibbuns swarm up. Scared surprise morphs into worry as he realizes how high up they are, and so he shifts to /try/ and keep them from falling off, nor does he resist much. Whether it's out of genuine care or fear that he'll be blamed for any accidents is up to interpretation. Perhaps a mix of both. "YES! GO GET SOMEONE!" The squirrel manages to get out in-between pillow hits.   

Gracie waddles out of the Abbey building as fast as she can, the other 4 following and guiding Ciana. The goose honks in alarm, and the other Dibbuns shout. DoraRose spots them from the west wall, and she sprints down the wall steps as they start calling her name. "What are you all doing out here without cloaks on? What's wrong?" Meanwhile, in the Dibbun's room, Squirrelbabe goes to pounce on Tanya and put her in a headlock, not understanding that that could suffocate her if they're not careful. The squirrel Dibbuns continue to pummel at the older squirrel, not letting up for a moment. The other Dibbuns are cheering them on, with a couple of them trying to figure out if they can join them.   

There's very little Spruce can do without endangering the dibbuns around, him, so he lies on the bed of nails he somewhat metaphorically made. Covering his head neck with his paws he tries to curl up tighter he prepares himself hold out as long as he can while hoping that A: more dibbuns don't try to climb up here, and B: that whoever the dibbuns are getting comes here quick and puts and end to all this.   

After listening to the jumbled stories from the Dibbuns for a few minutes, DoraRose waves her paw. "Take me there, quick!" The Gatekeeper follows them as they run back to the Dibbun's room. Meanwhile, the squirrel DABers up on the wardrobe have started kicking Spruce, getting carried away by the energy in the room. Finally, Squirrelbabe, feeling she has sufficiently cowed Tanya, turns to view the disturbance...and squeaks in alarm! "Nonononono, gets /downs/ fwom dewe!!" She darts forward, pushing Dibbuns away from the wardrobe. "Gets back! It coulds fa' ovew! Go ovew dewe!" As the DABers hastily obey, they Ringleader bounds up the side of the wardrobe, making it shake even more. "Evewybeastie gets down!! G'won, shoo!" She grabs the pillow and starts smacking around indiscriminately. The other DABer squirrels bid a hasty retreat.   

Spruces merely lets out a slight grown as he receives yet another smack form a pillow. The kicking had bruised him in several places as even if they were from very small creatures repeated blows still hurt. The older squirrel refuses to budge or listen to anyone he deems a dibbun, ESPECIALLY if they're still hitting him with a pillow. At least the kicks stopped.   

Gracie and the other Dibbuns burst back into the room, DoraRose hard on their heels. The mouse Warrior slides to a stop, taking everything in at a glance. ".....Squirrelbabe and Spruce, get down here right now." The Gatekeeper is regretting keeping her sword, but what could she do? She was afraid an enemy had somehow gotten inside. Squirrelbabe tosses the pillow onto the floor, then scrambles down the wardrobe to stand in front of the mouse. Dora sighs heavily as the Dibbuns start to tell her, unbidden, what was happening.   

Nearly a minute passes before Spruce tentatively peaks his head out from atop the wardrobe. He doesn't move beyond that yet or say anything. Just simply observes the room below him and listens to the no doubt exaggerated story the dibbuns are telling.   
Some of the stories are exaggerated, yes, but quite a number of them (mostly from the more timid Dibbuns) are sticking to the exact facts. DoraRose listens to everything, then looks up at the older squirrel. "Come down here, Spruce, and tell me your side of the story. I won't let them hit you anymore. You have my word as a Warrior." Interestingly, Squirrelbabe has kept silent this entire time, even when her attack of Tanya is being related. Gracie hides behind the Warrior, peering nervously at Spruce.   

There's suspicion in his eyes as Spruce finally opens his mouth. "I'll compromise with you. I'll stay up here - /safe for now/ - and tell you." His tail curls in front of him. "I hear them fighting, I came into break things up, got accused again for something I did a season ago, may or may not have made fun of someone's lisp and told the otter to shut up." The squirrel for his part does start to move to get down, now sitting on the edge of the wardrobe and looking down at a bed, reluctant to jump down now. "And then they swarmed me on the orders of that squirrel babe and I climbed up here to get away from them." He waves his arm weakly at the rest of the space o the wardrobe. "But obviously the didn't work that well."   

Thinking for a moment, DoraRose notes that his story matches up with the stories of the timid and consistently truthful Dibbuns. She sighs. "Spruce, please come down right now. I'm concerned that wardrobe may collapse or tip over. Squirrelbabe, this is not the first time you've gotten into trouble about stuff like this. You know fighting in the Abbey is not allowed. I'm going to have to tell the Abbot." Squirrelbabe swallows hard, but she stands straight and tall, taking this with courage. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time the Abbot will have been told about her misbehaving, but she is determined to take it bravely. Especially after the Warrior adds, "And I'll be telling him about Tanya, too. That is completely unacceptable." She glares around at everyone else. "The rest of you can wait until Krisha returns. Until then, I'll make sure those left in charge of you will know to not give you dessert, and to send you to bed early." The Dibbuns groan. The Gatekeeper wags a finger at the older  squirrel. "And /you/ need to stop provoking the Dibbuns by making fun of them."   

The older squirrel does start to climb down, albeit slowly and far more careful than he did jumping up. "I'll make an effort to," Spruce says, stepping gingerly onto the ground, "As long as the dibbuns stop bringing up stuff already dealt with." He rubs his right arm (which had born the brunt of the kicks) and scrunches his snout. "And that otter - Tanya? - she was being right rude to the poor hare." He blinks. "Actually, a rabbit? I don't quite know."   

"She's a hare. Tanya will be dealt with." DoraRose steps forward until her nose is mere inches away from the squirrel's face. "YOU are older than them. I don't care what they say to you, YOU are to stop provoking them. YOU are their example, whether you like it or not. You will act the age you are, not like the little brat you seem to be. They are Dibbuns. They don't understand how to forgive and must be shown by example. I expect you to be such an example." She then points him to the door. "I suggest you get back to what you were doing. The rest of you, come with me." She leads the Dibbuns out to Cavern Hole, where she leaves them with a bunch of Novices, then heads off to tell Benar what just happened (and apologize for wearing her sword around the Abbey, SHE WAS IN A HURRY, OKAY).   

Spruce bristles as the mouse gets up in his face, and he doesn't back away - though he doesn't say anything either despite his jaw tightening and eyes narrowing at being called a brat. After the gatekeeper leaves with the dibbuns, he does go out but leaves the linens (spoiled now by being trampled) where they are.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer