Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-17 11:18:45 PM

oz

Redwall Log:Oz And Xander Have A Sad Chat

Log:This happen later in the day after Uncle Zee died, right before bedtime. Xander and Oz in the great Hall

In Log:
Oz- Papa Oz and caretaker of the dibbuns
Xander-nephew of Oz

Oz sat in his chair, his lower right arm  bandaged and he had some wrapped herbs on his knee that was slightly steaming from heat.

Xander walked into the great hall and then across the room and stopped in front of Oz looking over the other badger before frowning.

Oz was thinking deeply, but still listening and he heard Xander come in and reached a paw out “Xander…your back, where were you?”

Xander goes to hug his Uncle tightly, “I’m sorry I shoved you down, I didn’t mean to push you away.” He does not brother to even try and prevent tears going down his face.

Oz wraps his arms around Xander ”It’s alright, and you did not hurt me, my knee was bothering me before that and a weasel on the road cut my arm a little when I was out looking for you, but the vermin were knocked out…well one was slayed by Flicktail but all is well”

Xander frowns “You got hurt cause of me, you were looking for me so it’s my fault you got hurt.” He stays in the hug as if he is afraid his only living uncle will disappear suddenly.

Oz sighs “No  Xander, I could have easily went out for ingredients for tea, there is one tea Uncle Zee always made that calmed nerves…and not his ale tea, this was another tea, helps one sleep also. But I don’t need to go out, I have what I need now thanks to a family friend that showed up”

Xander nods “I love you Uncle Oz …” He sighs and steps back “I..I miss Uncle Zee..w…why did he..?”

“Die?” Oz asks, “I asked that same question many times of other family members,  he was also one  that was the oldest when he died. I …I was with him when he died….he also wanted me to make sure you were not alone, he cared a great deal for you Xander, and I care about you as well”

Xander frowns “W..what about mom? “ He lets tears flow “She is far away…how she gonna know”

Oz reaches a paw over and wipes away a tear “A letter can be sent, an owl knows a seagull who..well knows another seagull that can get a message to Sister Zinnia, she may not be able to come to the funeral but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t care”

Xander sniffs “Ok….I miss her also” He then asks “You’re not ever gonna leave me are you? You’re…not allowed to”

Oz frowns “Xander I can’t promise that but I can say I believe I have many, many seasons left….Uncle Zee was…well a lot of seasons older than me, it would take me a long…long time to catch up to his age. I am also not a fighter like he was, the only reason I would fight is in self-defense and there was no other choice.”

Xander nods and just hugs him again, tighter burying his face in Oz’s robes for a short time before speaking again “Was he in any pain? When he died?”

Oz looks at first confused and then “Uncle Zee? No, he was not he was calm….peaceful even, he knew it was his time and I believe that’s why he tried to make his last day with family and friends special”

Xander nods slowly” But…if he knew why didn’t he tell me?”

Oz tilts his head “ Maybe he was unsure of how you would…handle it, beasts have different reactions to when a loved one dies….your mother was there the moment your grandfather died, she shall him when he fell in the orchards and she mentioned he sort of looked at her and closed his eyes and….was ..gone” The last word was soft, “If I had been there, I may have had some sort of mental breakdown….your mother had one somewhat, luckily others were there to help her. I learned 2 hours later of his death and cried for a good hour or two, after I talked to your mother.”

Xander frowns “So he was afraid I…” He does remember racing past Oz and shaking Uncle Zee, he sighs softly “Yeah…wouldn’t of wanted to see him…die in front of me, but he had not been dead too long,  right?”

Oz nods “Half an hour…maybe.”

Xander nods and is quiet “Can…can I sit in your lap Uncle…Please”

Oz smiles and nods.

Xander climbs up into Oz’s lap and sort of snuggles into his chest, he may be in his adolescent seasons but right now he is feeling very much like a small dibbun, “Love you…..” He ends up falling asleep in Oz’s lap.

Oz lets him rest there, in fact Oz  falls asleep in the chair himself, it’s been a long day for the Winters Clan.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer