Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-27 10:36:22 PM

oz

Storms Have Bad Timing pART2

Right after this one  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=356

Gorvenalus most likely shouldn’t of been out, but he went against his better judgement as he worried deeply for his friend, a friend he had known for a long while and even thought of as a son as they been through a lot and he had known the hamster since he was a newborn.

The wind was strong and the rain heavy and slightly cold which felt nice in the hot summer heat. A gust of wind was making an already weak limb of a lark oak, even more lose from the tree and a couple times a loud thunder crash and lightning filled the skies.

Xander frowned, he disliked storms and as the thunder crashed and the lightning flashed he jumped and closed his eyes letting out a large sigh, and opened them again to scan the area. “I am having no luck, better that’s a good thing”

Zolomon walked up and nodded “Yeah it is Xandy and don’t worry bout not liking storms…who likes storms they are bally well annoying, even if they do bring water for stuff…sometimes tis too much don’t ya know wot”

Ferro  seemed less bothered by rain,  “Perhaps they have found zzzzzhelter  zzzomewhere, any ideas where that would be?”

Gorvenalus  frowned at the thunder and gasped as lightning hit the nearby tree in front of him, luckily any spark was put out  by the rain that started to fall even harder in one of those sudden cloudburst that last like 1-2 minutes. But the large branch was hit and finished breaking and made its descent…right towards the beaver who had little time to react before a loud yell escaped him.

Xander nodded slowly “I..hope so. I really do. Maybe we should head back then?” He sounds unsure and then a paw went to the blade..oh yeah he kept it at the tavern, but that was a scream and he was off towards it!

Zolomon nods “Ya and some good hot soup, maybe some veggie soup with cheesy bread wot…”He blinked mid-sentence and then chased after his friend “XANDY!!!!”

In another area of the woods, close to the Market place off of the dirt road, a small bit south of the market place, was a small home to a family of rabbits, a mother and her two season old dibbun. Her hut leaked and was two rooms, a sleeping area and a room used as a living room with a fireplace for cooking and warmth in winter, but the small hut had gone downhill the past season. The storm was making matters worse and yet when she seen the group of Redwallers  in the storm, she still invited them inside. Though a sound of creaking wood of the roof  brought brief panic, luckily all got out, sadly into the rain, right before the hut collapsed, but all were safe and sound, maybe a little shaken up but safe.

Oz stood as he seemed to be listening and walked a few paces away and frowned, Sister Andrea came up to him “Oz what is it, we..we should get out of this rain somehow the abbey isn’t too far now.” And the rain was slowing now finally, but the badger shook his head “I heard a yell…some beast out there is in trouble and needs found”

Minsc had not gone too far and the storm didn’t help the fact he has been lost in the woods the past couple days and gone in circles, he just wanted to find the road, even if it was close to the abbey he didn’t care, he would just take the main road north or maybe south…west perhaps or even east.

Gorvenalus was pinned under the large branch, Mainly one leg was affected, most likely broken and the other sore but avoided a break. He breathed in and out and coughed as he was stuck also in a large pool of water and mud and trying his best to remain awake.

Xander found the downed branch and quickly looked along it and gasped “Gorvenalus!!” He rushed to his friend and quickly tried to get the large branch off him.

The same tree, had a couple smaller branches fall and….more danger of another large one falling!

Zolomon came forwards quickly and frowned, “Ok..Xandy this is not good…” The tree...had another larger and thicker branch about to fall, damaged when the first fell and it was cracking “ohhh that’s worse!!”

Ferro hissed and quickly went to help “We have to move now!”

Gorvenalus groaned “Not…quickly…leg damaged..can’t move.”

The others were ordered to head back…Brother Ralph and the novices and Sister Andrea, the badger followed the shouts and came out of the woods to help. “Who is in need of help?” Of course he was followed, Brother Ralph is stubborn as all get out. “A beaver is under a large branch and it appears Xander and..a m..mon..” Yeah he sees Ferro!

“Monitor…..”Ferro finishes and slowly lifts the tree limp with some help from Xander”Hare…getzzzz the beaver out!”

Zolomon  quickly rushes forward to take the beaver under the arms and pull him to safety.

And that’s when the other branch decides to fall, and that’s when the hamster appears, well does this mean he isn’t so lost “Abbot Gorvenalus !!” He starts to go forwards and then a loud snap and horrible noise is heard, and Minsc is frozen to the spot as it seems death comes down at him in the form of a thick large broken branch!

Ferro quickly makes sure the hare and beaver is further back from the danger!

Xander  rolls sideways and barely  avoids being hit with more than a couple smaller bits if branches as he shakes his head, he seen Minsc and went to shove him out of the way right before disaster seems to happen.

A lot of sound is heard and dust , bits of wood and that large branch crashes down right where the badger and hamster was standing and blocks any way of seeing if they are ok with leaves and tangled branches, and a mess of mud, rain and thorn bushes it landed on as well.

Gorvenalus is pulled to safety just in time and weakly looks to where his friend is before passing out.

Zolomon seems to pale “Xandy…..XANDY!!”

Oz goes forwards and starts listening and moving aside branches if it’s needed. Brother Ralph goes to check on the beaver and anyone else who needs some healing aid.

Ferro also helps to move stuff and search for the badger.”ZZZZZZir Xander…”

Minsc tenses and looks around as he is shoved aside and coughs as dust gets into his lungs and blinks a few times…he is alive but what about…”Xander?!”

Xander is curled beside the limb, also his leg and side has thorns in it now as he frowns “Ouch…ouch….”The limb missed him by mere millimeters!!! He scoots back and stands shaking badly from just how close he was to seriously  injuries. He did have some much smaller branches on him and some bark, but that’s all….oh yeah and thorn bushes hurt! “I..I am ok”

Zolomon is the first to give his friend a hug, that’s if he is able to of course

Oz breathe a sigh of relieve and sits down rubbing his knee as its brothering him a little.

Gorvenalus has a bad cut on his left leg and the right one is broke in two places, but he will live and he will heal from his wounds, he is unconcious but he is also lucky to be alive.

Ferro steps forward “We should get to the abbey “

Minsc walks slowly over, concern on his face for Gorvenalus “He..he needs a healer.Will he be ok?”

Oz speaks “Brother Leon will tend to him and yes the abbey is best” The rain is a sprinkle now but does get a slight bit harder “Let us get to the abbey and get blankets and some good food….Brother Ralph please lead the way” The otter nods and helps to lead them to the abbey.

Xander allows the hug and smiles faintly “Its…ok Zolomon and yeah…the abbey…wait we should check on the others in Ferravale”

Ferro holds up a clawed paw “I will check on them and report this happening to Chieftain Blisa.”

Minsc steps forwards “I..I will go to the infirm at the abbey and be with Gorvenalus….he’ll…want to see me when he wakes…” And after that he is unsure what to do, but for now his friend is injured and he holds the beaver’s paw as he whispers “Don’t you dare die on me old friend…..”

Zolomon steps back” I can let Krisha know you’re ok..case she is concern maybe”

Xander nods, “Thanks…all of you” He goes to gently lift and carry Gorvenalus and the group will head to the abbey.

Gorvenalus shivers a little but is otherwise silent.

The group makes it to the abbey and the other makes it back to Ferravale where not too much storm damage is to be seen. Some branches here and there, small ones and a slightly flooded pond, other than that a caved in barn roof….it did need repaired anyways and for sure repaired now, otherwise all is well and the storm has left large muddy puddles that only a dibbun would love!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer