Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-26 09:15:22 AM

oz

Ambush...Part 2?

WHO:

Texo -Architect of Ferravale

Dagger-Evil, insane, Greedy

Xander- Novice of Redwall

Tenzin- Warrior in Camp Willow

Patch-Owner of Redthorn Tavern, spy,ale maker, annoying rat

LOG:

Patch looked around nervously, "I...don't know...maybe we should just not pick up the supplies."

Texo shakes his head "Look I decided to help pick them up, so deal with it. And its bright daylight"

Orag and Otis, the two stoats that helped Patch was with them. They soon meet up with the beast they got some ale from, some hopps, and a couple of other things. A deal was made and done. All went well. And the two stoats went on ahead of the others.

Patch still was on alert but he was less tense now at least"Ok ok, seems my day is good for once...maybe that dumb weasel decided to leave town...which actually won't help me, then again if he is known to be the murder...that's good!"

And then the calm was broken when the weasel and a fox arrived, the fox right away went for Texo,sliceing towards his chest and side with twin blades. The weasel went towards Patch "Hello Patch! Remember me"

Texo has little time to react before the he sees the fox, he gets the slice to the side but the chest is blocked mostly by his arm but he is still wounded badly and tumbles sideways to the path.

Patch gasps "Dagger?!...."He then sees Texo and rushes over "Texo...noo...no no no I ...I can help" He holds pressure to the wound.

Dagger walks up behind Patch and stabs a sleeping dart into his shoulder " Patch , you need a nap that...buddy"

Patch tenses up and falls to the ground as his vision fades "I...hate....you...Dagger"

"Hate you too, very very much" Dagger says as he goes to carry Patch off, he looks at the fox "You know what to do" And he is off.

The fox nods and walks to the village, he will later help Dagger with one more task.

What the two didn't know is an otter was watching them, and waited till they left to quickly rush over to Texo "Hey...hey Texo?"

Texo groans, he was alive but needed a healer quickly.

Tenzin looked towards the village, he then picked up the ferret and quickly went to alert the gate guards and get Texo to the infirm healers, then he was gonna try and track down Dagger...the Archtech had become his friend and no one hurt Tenzin's friends and lived too long.

==Later in the afternoon===

The dirt road was quiet, then that was not all that odd. The day was slightly cold, but not too cold yet as it was still autumn. Leaves turned a bright red and orange, some yellows and some golds even lay all over and on the ground, and road.

Xander decided a short walk might be good, to clear his head somewhat. He had done a lot with chores, even learned to fix a book backing, but still, some ways of the abbey were hard to learn like getting up early, listening to history of which he knew some of already. He could read and write so that was boring as well, and when he tried to mix a paste for healing he messed up. So he needed a break and a short one wouldn't hurt anything.

The badger is being watched from a tree, but whoever it is, they are smart to not go near him. A dart is carefully aimed and fired. A sleeping dart.

Xander takes a deep breath then exhaled, he looked back towards where he saw the top of the Bell Tower and part of the abbey wall " Suppose I should go back....it's been an hour..."He then tenses up as the dart hit his arm, he stares at it and pulls it out "Wot...the----" He says no more as he passes out and the dart falls from his paw.
==About 3 hours pass==

Patch shakes the badger, "Come on...wake up stripy, please wake up... it's important"

Xander groans and opens his eyes, seeing Patch he frowns "Why are you in my room? Wait...why you at the abbey?"

"This isn't the abbey Stripy, I would love for this to be the abbey instead trust me"

"Trust you, who should trust you Patch?" Came a voice as the cloaked figure appeared, the weasel that the rat and Architect saw "Greetings, this is my humble little cave, I am Dagger and your my guests, so should we get the party started? A little chat, maybe some food" He chuckles "For me or I can be nice and offer you some and then the fun event of the evening..."He grins "Your deaths"

And Xander is WIDE awake now and sits up a little too quickly and glares at the weasel, then at Patch "Wot the seasons is going on you best tell me right now before I slap you!"

Patch whimpers and backs away "Dagger hates me....and you it seems. I didn't cause it I swear!!"

Dagger chuckles coldly "In a way ya did Patch. See I mainly hate the rat but you stripedog....you gave the tavern to the rat...why? Was I not worthy enough? I mean..it under the ownership of a woodlander was bad enough but Patch!..PATCH!!!....how annoying when I could have done such a better job, made it better more....fit for vermin less fit for woodlander guests, and that stupid shrew who comes and sings...who's idea was that, it should be outlawed but no worries it will soon change as I will be the owner here in a couple of days since Patch will not be able to be owner anymore here very soon"

Xander takes a deep breath to calm himself as he tries not to tackle the weasel, but he fails and goes to tackle him only to fall flat on his face with a groan, he tenses up as of course his leg gives out now, and the chain on his leg helps very little."Look Dagger, your insane, maybe that's why Patch was chosen, that and he has been doing a lot for the tavern, even when Marek had it."

Dagger rolls his eyes "Redthorn....he was a fool too...he used to be a great warlord and then he...he turned all...gross." He smirks as he is just out of reach "Maybe you two just need some alone time to think about this."He turns to leave.

"You own my Tavern? Yeah over my dead body ya will scumbag" Patch says, he is now angry and peeved and paws made into fists where he stands.

Xander snorts, he looks over at Patch and blinks, he rarely sees the rat angry and this, this is different.

Dagger chuckles "Excalley Patch...see you do have a brain. I will have it over your dead body" He chuckles madly and walks off leaving the two beasts chained to the iron stake buried deep in the ground in the old den.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2020-10-26 03:19:07 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Ambush...Part 2?

so, i forgot to say as a comment to the last ambush log that since texo was backing up patch's story, blisa believed him and had cleared his name (while still requiring him to find the murderer).  now she has the village on high alert (although most people probably still suspect patch, let's be honest), hoping to catch the murderer (who's identity I'm assuming she doesn't know).  she also will send out a search party (although idk how many people would volunteer for it).

meanwhile, after a few hours, dorarose will get very concerned that xander hasn't returned.  she would inform the abbot and see if a search party could be created. 

I can't wait to see how this tp continues big_smile

Board footer