Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-25 03:23:32 PM

Ol'random
Website

Two First Meetings on a Sunday Morn - LP 10/25/20

Soon to be Ensign Elbio,
Sgt. Terrence,
And Lt. Velm.

Velm is awake and slowly stands up from sitting. He looks around as if confused at first and then seems to remember somewhat" Infirmary... how did I get here?" His ears flatten as he was outside, on the beach wait no he was heading to the mountain and the rest is blurry for now.

Terrence had come to the infirmary to visit a very different hare than the one who woke, and, after being turned away from his main goal for some reason or another by a healer, pauses by the older buck's bed. "You're in the infirmary in Salamandastron." He says after seeing no other hare was around to answer.

Velm studies Terrence and frowns. "I don't think I know you. Sorry lad it's... been a few seasons sadly since I been here"

"Indeed." Terrence replies, looking Velm over. "Sgt. Terrence Cadwalladah, at you'h service. And to be quite honest I don't think I know you eithah - you are?"

Velm nods, "Velm, a healer mostly but I can fight." He tries to remember" I kind of got lost getting back..see someone mentioned the Long Patrol was back in the area and I..I had to find you guys, know who survived that.." He frowns now and takes a deep breath," I don't remember every thing just some flashbacks and bad dreams but a lot... died, I didn't though and found or rather the otter found me" He sighs "Poor old fellow died few weeks ago... old age but he, he helped me best he could and was a good friend"

There's a moment or two in which Terrence digests the older hare's words. "I... see." He doesn't quite understand, though he can guess. "Sorry fo'h you'h loss." Another second of pondering. "By 'that', do you happen to mean anything to do with Redwall?"

Velm nods" Yes the abbey, by the abbey . A horde,  I think and I was with some other hares. I sadly still not remembering everything of that day just a lot died and ..I think was seprated somehow,  the otter mentioned me muttering of they were dead, and how I failed. The old otter helped me, well healed me and was a friend the past seasons"

"Oh. Oh." Terrence's voice is a bit higher pitched than normal as what exactly Velm is talking sinks in. He had his suspicions, but now he's sure. "That was more than eight seasons ago, wasn't it? The siege at Redwall."

Velm ears flatten, "Yes the siege, some... stoat I think... maybe returning was a bad idea but I wanted to come home. I felt I needed to be home." He blinks as he remembers something. "Last night... I... who carried me in?"

Terrence shrugs. "I frankly can't answer that - I wasn't aware you were here 'till, well, I saw you. Do you remembah anything else?" The sergeant is clearly searching for something in his questions, though what it is isn't clear. "Such was who you served undah, o'h names of you'h squad mates?"

Velm sits quietly and finally nods. " I remember a captain.." He tells the name" Others were there too." He mentions a well know,major and a couple privates. " In another Sargeant Tarsa, she was..strick"

Terrence freezes at the mention of who is no doubt his father, but he quickly hides that - instead focusing on the last name mentioned. "I remembah Sgt. Tarsa - I didn't serve undah he'h though, and I didn't know he'h that well. She, uh, well, survived but-" He looks down at the floor, thinking best how to break the news. "She was killed in action a few seasons aftah the siege."

Velm frowns "The life of a patrol hare isn't always easy it would seem. Maybe his Lordship will let me return, and if not I would understand."

"Perhaps he will." The sergeant mutters, thinking. "I daresay we've been in a sorry shape since that disastah at Redwall, and we still don't have the same numbah of hares we once did." Terrence tilts his head, looking at Velm. "Do you know what rank you were?"

Velm replies " Lt..yes that is the rank. And with time I am sure de patrol can be great again "

At the mention of the rank, Terrence quickly salutes. "Sah!" Though the sergeant soon relaxes as - as far as he knows - Velm isn't an active member of the Patrol. "Perhaps it can be," he agrees, though he soon adds more to himself than the other hare, "If it evah was in the first place..."

Velm tilts his head and speaks "Things happen you can't always control, that horde...had to of been fairly large and strong but had we not came,  well... all of Mossflower could be under vermin control and that horde much worse, maybe even looking to try thar luck here even, maybe by then winning"

There's something that flashes across the sergeant's face for an instance, but it swiftly turns into just a slight frown as Terrence levels his gaze at Velm. "I suppose that is true - things happen, but well." His own reservations about that siege and the amount of deaths it caused he mostly keeps to himself - mostly. "I daresay a victory needs more than just nineteen hares to enjoy it." He says, pointedly.

Velm says, "19 survived out of....300?"

"I suppose it's twenty including you." Terrence lets the silence hang in the air for a bit after his words. "Though that numbah is mainly those that were fit fo'h active duty aftahwards." I hope are words that the sergeant leaves unsaid.

Elbio pokes his head into the room as if looking for someone, sighing slightly when he doesn't seem to find them. Other wise he quietly stays by the doorway as to not disturb whomever is in here.

Velm nods as he seems to think "Maybe I did fail some." He looks at the door when Elbio enters.

Terrence also turns to glance at the door and realizes there's another hare he doesn't recognize. "Are you one of the the new recruits, then?" The sergeant doesn't comment on Velm's statement but his expression softens.

Elbio salutes when he sees the sergeant "Sur... Private Elbio... fighter and... well guess Redwall Hare or supposed to be in the Spring for sure"

Velm sighs and decides its best to rest for now.

"Sergeant Terrence Cadwallader, at you'h service, private." He remembers the name Elbio from one of the reports he read, though few other details. "Well then - we'll make sure you're properly part of a patrol before being sent off to that forsaken place, eh?" Another glance at the lieutenant, and the sergeant waves a paw. "Perhaps we should go out into the hall, leave him be fo'h now."

Elbio nods "That is a good idea and... Redwall is a great place, I even made a couple friends and helped them make some rats go away" He will follow the Sergeant out to the hallway "I am only here till like Spring then head to Redwall, but most likely will be here in winter, I think in the winter time seasons"

Terrence nods, slowly, only half paying attention. "Right - right. I've heard plenty of hares say good things about Redwall, but the Long Patrol has bad luck with it." Once they're in the hallway, the sergeant speaks more freely. "So you'll be here fo'h one season, eh? I can work with that."

Elbio says, "Well season and a half really but yes sur" He frowns a little "Wot would I... need ta do before I go back? I know how to fight..fairly good, I can track a little, also know wot plants are good and bad to eat, and learning a little healing""

"Fight, eh?" Terrence raises an eyebrow. "Well that's all good and well, but I'll have to ask you: how well would you say you work in a unit? Of course only if you've been given the chance, that is."

Elbio says, "Well... I was with Corporal Adrian and... Monty, errr well they have new ranks now but at de time that was the rank and we have like 3 others with us."

Nodding, Terrence rubs his chin. "I nevah really talked with Adrain beyond once o'h twice while he was here, and Monty I've only evah heard of." He shrugs. "Oh well. You'll be working with a new corporal, as well as more hares - ten privates ideally to a squad. Do you know how to use speahs o'h slings, by chance?"

Elbio nods "I... of course sur and I can use a sling, not a spear though...not had the chance to practice with one"

Terrence clicks his tongue. "We'll have to remedy that. Speahs are the most useful weapons in a tight formation, so you'll learn soon enough. What did you say was you'h full name again, private Elbio?"

Elbio says, "Elbio Hans Reed... sur, thats my full name... well Private Elbio Hans Reed"

With a nod Terrence gives a causal wave of the paw. "Right then, Elbio Reeds, I'll have to take my of you now - I promised the quartermastah I'd meet with them today, so unless you want to tag along fo'h more than an hours worth of logistics talk, good day private!" With those words the sergeant makes his way quickly down the hall towards the storage rooms in the lower mountain.

Elbio salutes and then heads towards the Dinning Hall, he had missed lunch so hopefully there was still something left of lunch.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer