Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-18 07:14:42 AM

oz

I was Framed!-Ferravale Log

Patch was placed in a chair by the head guard, now he just sits here muttering.

Blisa is sitting behind her desk, looking at the reports about what Patch has been accused of. Behind her, as usual, are Ferdinand, Valerie, and Clarissa, but instead of doing their hobbies, they are staring at the rat to see what he does. The Chieftain continues to look through her papers, not speaking or acknowledging the rat's presence in the slightest.   

Patch frowns. " I did nothing, nothing at all...yes I lost a lot, LOT of gold to hin but I did nothing to him, he was dead when I got thar"   

Blisa continues to ignore the rat. Ferdinand leans forward, paw on saber hilt. "And why thould we believe you, Patch? You have alwayth been thneaky, not theeming to thide with anybeatht other than yourthelf. How can we know we can trutht you now?"   

The somewhat quiet room is soon interrupted by a soft knocking. Two voices are heard on the other side, one is somewhat regal and quiet and the other is a much more boisterous voice that easily drowns out the other. "I thought I heard a snake! Why are we knockin' all quiet like? Shouldn' we be knockin' it down and savin' them beasts?" the rough voice is quickly interrupted by the quiet one. "Mr. Stomehammer, Mergleton has assured me that the snake is harmless. Therefore we shall knock politely until we are allowed to come in. I will not disturb the peace of the chieftain of this fine village. We shall wait our turn to be spoken to". The one known as Mr. Stomehammer huffs and the room becomes quiet once more.   

Patch frowns " Have I ever killed a beast before? No..." He looks really. really worried.." please..I mean..I wasn't near de beast"   

Blisa finally speaks, although she keeps her gaze on her papers. "While there is much incriminating evidence suggesting that Patch is the murderer, the fact that the money was not found on his person, nor was it found anywhere near the scene of the crime, indicates that the victim was killed by someone else. Besides, the events of the murder and Patch being discovered near the body were too close together for him to have truly hidden the money anywhere." She finally glares at him. "However, you are always very suspicious, Patch. That can not be denied."   

At the voices and knocking, the Chieftain looks to the Head Guard. "Anne, would you please see who that is?" The female rat bows, walks silently over to the door, and, waiting until they start talking again, throws the door open, staring at the visitors with unreadable eyes. "Who are you, and what do you want with the Chieftain of Ferravale?" Blisa returns to her paperwork. "Don't think you're out of trouble yet, Patch. You have to help us catch the murderer before you can consider yourself no longer a possibility for my snake's dinner."   

The door opens and the two visitors are clearly seen, one is a very expensively dressed and frail elderly fox and the other a very muscular and scruffy looking mole that one could easily mistake for a small badger. The mole grins showing the full extent of his silver-braided beard and the elderly fox bows. "Greetings, I am Lord Edgarton William Harold Norman Verris Korblestone-Von Almondtz IX and this is my associate Mr. Korgan Stomehammer. I am here to impart important information to my nephew. I am sure you are familiar with Mr. Korvovowitzchesteringtonshire are you not? I will be in Mossflower for quite some time and my associate and I require lodging".   

Patch whimpers a little and glances at the door, but then back to the chief " I..I will do wot ever is needed chief Blisa." Not having gold on him is a big clue as this rat loves gold." I don't wanna be snake food trust me."   

The Head Guard doesn't even blink at the long names. "Try not to sneeze in the Chieftain's presence." Blisa nods. "Very good, Patch. I expect you to report to me every evening. I suggest you work fast." She looks up at her visitors, her jade green eyes hard. "Let them in, Anne. I take it you 2 are looking for Mergleton? He's the only beast in these parts with a stupidly long last name. What business brings you to Mossflower?" Ferdinand and Clarissa step forward, the ferret's paw casually resting on his saber hilt while the rat draws one of her 13 knives and tosses it expertly in the air, catching it and throwing it over and over again, seeming to not even be looking at it. Valerie beckons Patch to join her behind the Chieftain's chair in the corner. The vixen can keep him out of the way while also keeping a close watch on what he does.   

Edgarton frowns, a bit nervous of the intimidation head guard but clears his throat. "I'm afraid that young Mergleton's father has taken ill. It is of the council's personal opinion that he perhaps only has a few months to live. When I receive more news I shall be taking Mergleton to Ravos to attend his father's funeral. While I'm here we shall deal with the matters of the Korvovowitzchesteringtonshire Estate which while Young Mergleton is not the inheritor of, he shall receive a sizable portion of its remaining assets".   

Korgan looks around and smiles at the head guard. "A bullwhip eh? I like your style lass!" he chuckles. "Mayhaps be keepin' that away from me employer though, the old coot's quite fragile" he turns to Edgarton. "No offense"

Patch gulps, he walks over to where he is told to stand and looks over at the mole and fox, " ya awful big fer a mole, ya look like a mole or wait....ok "   

Valerie goes to nudge Patch in the side. "Hush!" Blisa blinks at the really long names, but she doesn't comment on them, instead saying, "Mergleton will be saddened to hear this. You are welcome to stay in our inn for as long as you need to. Mergleton is on a trip to Redwall at the moment since he is our ambassador. However, he should return soon. I can arrange a meeting for you once he has returned.....after you offer proof that you are who you say you are." Clarissa smiles at the mole. "Thankee, mate! I'll make sure not t'scare 'im wi' it, so long as ye lubbers prove yourselves steady an' true."   

Edgarton nods. "Thank you, I would greatly appreciate your hospitality". As soon as Lord Edgarton finishes speaking, Korgan lets out a hearty chuckle at Patch's remarks. "Aye lad, I know what ye be tryin' to say. I be lookin' like one of them stripe types, right? I get that a lot"   

Patch decides it's best to be quiet and just listen to everyone else talk.   

Blisa leans forward. "You appear to have forgotten something, though. How can we know you are who you say you are? You see, we have been tricked far too many times in the past for us to just believe every beast who comes our way." Anne the Head Guard steps close to the fox, staring at him expressionlessly, waiting for his response.   

Edgarton seems a little nervous but clears his throat, removing the golden eagle pin from his fez. "If you examine this pin you will see it is quite similar to the one owned by my nephew. I assure you that you will receive no trouble from me and my associate though he can get a bit...rambunctious at times" he sends a disapproving look Korgan's way and the mole responds only with a wide grin. "You may keep the pin until my nephew returns to confirm the validity of my claims after which I shall need it back. If I shall prove untrustworthy you may imprison me as you did this talkative rogue here" he gestures towards Patch and nervously clears his throat. "May we be allowed to depart now?"   

Patch blinks, he starts to say something then wisely just stays quiet still and stays where he is.   

Anne accepts the pin. Blisa dismisses her guests. "This is fair. And trust me, imprisonment would be the better of the options available to you." Once they're gone, she takes the pin from the Head Guard and stuffs it in her art bag. "Well, this is an interesting development." The Chieftain turns back to Patch. "So, what job did I give you?"   
Patch frowns.." Find the real killer and like before they..kill again and do it fast"   

Blisa nods. "Excellent. And if you could keep a watch on our new guests until Mergleton returns, that would be appreciated, as well." She returns to her paperwork. "Patch, tell me: why were you near the victim in the first place? If you're innocent, then why did you follow him out into the street?"   

Patch says, "He..laughed at me when he won all de gold so was gonna tell him it was rude"   

Blisa raises an eyebrow. Anne quietly leaves, the Chieftain allowing her to as she continues to interrogate the male rat. "You were going to tell him it was rude? What were you expecting, an apology? Seriously, Patch, this seems like a horrible idea....although pretty in keeping with your character. What were you thinking?"   

Patch pouts " But he was...then thar was this crowd and...well he was dead with a dagger in his back"   

"And now you're here being charged with a murder I don't think you committed while the real killer is running loose in my village." Blisa scowls. "I do hope you understand why every beast suspects you....." "You are one of the motht thady creatureth in Ferravale," Ferdinand informs him. "Suspicious," Valerie adds. "Fishy," Clarissa chimes in. "Disreputable," the Chieftain mutters.   

Patch is again...smart and keeps his mouth shut, " I am gonna find de beast that framed me. I will"   

Texo goes to knock on the door and wait on a reply.   

Blisa nods. "You better." At the knock on the door, the cat poufs up a little. "If it's that hoity-toity fox again...." she mutters, then adds more loudly, "Come in!" Ferdinand walks over and opens the door for the visitor. Valerie is making some notes in her notebook. Clarissa keeps her knife out, just in case.   

Patch nods, he looks eager to just leave the office as soon as possible. He jumps at the knock and then manages to calm a little but he is leaving as he heads slowly to the door.

Texo offers a smile as he enters, he lays out some blueprints " Look what I found."   

Blisa watches Patch try to leave, then turns her attention to the weasel, who receives a genuine smile. "What did you find, Texo? You always bring me the most interesting things." Ferdinand closes the door so Patch can't escape. "Don't come back until you've found thome evidence. Trutht me with thith. Oh, and try to not be theen. Thome of the villagerth is out for your blood."

Patch frowns. " Right not ....no seen..then where go?"   

Texo smiles " Box on the top shelf..." He frowns as he overhears a little " I..miss something?"   

Ferdinand opens the door, shrugging. "You'll have to figure that one out." Blisa waves a paw at Patch. "Oh, Patch may or may not have been framed for murder. I think he's innocent, but he needs to prove it one way or the other." She leans over the blueprints. "Which building is this to?"   

Patch frowns " Wot if I die?"He sighs, he has to find a safe place and clear his name.   

Texo says, "Oh...and its the blacksmith...not sure the one area will be usee though" "

Blisa raises an eyebrow, curious. "Oh, wonderful. I haven't seen this before. I'm not sure my father even knew where it was. Which part are you thinking may not be used? Do you think we could refurbish it so it could be used?"   

Texo says, "some...tunnel or den.."

Blisa finds the room on the blueprints. "Oh....hmm, yeah, Ferro probably used it as his living quarters....perhaps we can alter it a bit so any type of creature would find it cozy."

Texo nods. " Maybe...I am sure we will find a permanent blacksmith soon."   

Blisa nods. "I hope so. The beast we have right now is good, but they want to go back to being a stonemason. Hopefully, we can get a real smith here soon."   

Texo nods" yeah. anyways I am gonna check on a couple of things. talk later"   

Blisa nods. "Thank you for bringing this to me, Texo. I, too, have some things to check over. Have a good evening." After he leaves, she returns to her paperwork, hoping Patch can find the murderer before they hurt anyone else.....   

Patch was outside pacing back and forth and just frowning, "Where to go...where to go....."

Texo walks out and towards his home when he sees Patch and frowns a bit, he then walks over "You  can stay a night at my place but then I have to check on the Blacksmith shop and speak to the badger maid at the abbey"

Patch stops and goes to hug the weasel "Thank you oh thank you, oh someone cares! And..abbey....yes abbey is SAFE and Ottis and Orag know I am not a murder and they are watching the tavern till my name is cleared,...let's go outside right now is...very bad" He will follow Texo and stay close to him, likely the next couple days.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer