Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-07 10:24:58 AM

Mother Krisha

Discussing Some News In The Library-LP LOG

WHO:

Donica- Healer, Private in the LP

Koda- LP Hare,Private,Adjutant

Pete-Major(Retired), Fighter, main Sentry Hare in LP

LOG:

Donica is busy looking threw some books ob healing herbs. She has learned a good deal in a short amount of time she has been here, well sort of short. She writes down some things to remember on her paper and turns a page making sure to study the page before writing anything down.   

Koda walks over and watches her, then speaks "Hallo, Donica right? Ya need any help?" He is here himself to make sure books stay where they are supposed to and even fetch books for others.   

Donica looks up and shrugs "I...maybe"  She frowns "I did have Keifer to help, before he....."She frowns more, she had a lesson the morning he was found...sadly dead.   

Koda's ears go back "Yeah, that was sort of...sudden. It also changed some things like if someone bumps their head or is knocked out, even just a few seconds ya have ta stay overnight in the infirm and be kept awake...I mean unless your unconscious then." He is sad too "I miss him too, even if he was always grumpy. He likely had his reasons for being grumpy all de time"   

Donica says, "I suppose,. I was always afraid to ask him" She writes more things down "I do hope we get A main healer again, Its helpful."   

Koda nods "We have a couple who know a lot and some retired hare from Halyard I believe has a class a couple of times a week, forgot her name"   

Donica chuckles a little "Your supposed to remember names I thought"   

Koda shrugs "I do, I also make sure others get needed paperwork to work on or turned in, I take messages to others and try and stick with updates like when his Lordship should be back...which I do not know yet"   

Donica says, "Well its a 2-3 week trip to Redwall, and that covers any rests and such on the way and they went by the river so that's a little faster. They likely will stay a week and be back here soon" She hmmms as she tries to figure out days gone so far"In a couple of weeks I would say"   

Koda smiles "Most likely, then things will fall back into normal"He then frowns "Oh..yeah" He is gonna have to tell the Badger Lord about Keifer, great, but then again someone will have to.   

Donica notices the frown  and quietness"Wot is the matter?"She looks worried for her friend but will give him time to reply.   

Koda takes a couple deep breaths "Everyone who left to take the dibbuns on to the abbey, they know nothing of wot has happened to Keifer and I know he had no family, but he had friends that went and they will be sad and his Lordship will be sad and then the questions and I have no idea how ta reply, cause...I don't know wot happen fer sure. I was not thar...the couple other privates were thar and Keifer was just his...grumpy self when he came back and just went to bed sooner than he usually did...I mean he kind of liked being alone and would even grumble if ya like...knocked on his door at times."   

Donica frowns as she listens and lays a paw on his arm "Its..never easy to have news like that and I am unsure either wot happen. I heard he got knocked out, so maybe head injury...one can hit their head and seem fine, at first and then not be fine, and keeping them awake so many hours is supposed to be good. Others likely assumed Keifer would know if he needed the infirm, he was one of the better healers we had at the time"   

And then in walked Old Major Pete. He looked between the two and laid down a book, he then went to find another one, seemly he knew where to look and started to head out back to the sentry posts, it's not like he did much.   

Koda sighs "I...know" He stopped as he watched the old Major and offered a wave "Hallo sur, ya need anything?"   

Donica gives a salute and looks back to Koda."Things will be ok, they will I am sure. Everyone will all be back in a couple weeks, give or take a couple days."   

Pete arches an eyebrow " Wot ya young ones talkin' bout now?" Most in the mountain are young to him" No signs of any returning yet, Soon though if ya worried."   

Koda says, "we are not worried sur, I and Donica was just saying how we will have to let them know about Keiferws"   

Donica nods "Yeah, to any friends and such he had no family here or anywhere else, least don't think so"   

Pete nods "Ah yes Keifer. Gone too soon, poor lad."He sighs as he decides to just sit down for a few minutes "And yes the others will need to know, maybe tell his Lordship first, then the others or see if you can have a likr...short meeting, it will be figured out on how to give the news." He hmms "He had a sister but she died, I can have someone look up any family but likely if he did they already been told"   

Koda nods "True sur. I just want ta be ready to...let others know but not sure how or wot ta say"   

Donica asks, "Is anyone really ready to tell or even receive news like that? I say just....say wot happen, ya know like we do with reports....I know it's in a report but it's likely better to tell them, they can then read the report for better details"   

Pete nods "True lass, very true....some news is best told in person than reading on paper first" He stands "I am off to sentry." He heads to the door and stops "Oh and thar is a basic training drill right before lunch"He then heads on to the hallway.   

Koda nods, "Yes sur, that's an hour before lunch..."He stands up quickly"Which is in like...10 minutes...."He manages to not yell out but he is in slight panic mode.   

Donica stands "Come on we should make it in time"She leaves her papers and books on the table "And I can get back to studying after lunch and.....I will even help get the books back on shelves" She leads them to the training drill and thanks to her they get there just in the nick of time!

Board footer