Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-17 09:32:00 PM

oz

Summer of Hopefully Beginings- Happen Thursday September 17th

Gorvenalus has been sitting in a chair finishing up his log book entries, he has been busy speaking with beasts that went on the trip, some varies papers have notes to add to the logs as he looks those other, turns some over he is done with and every so often looks up from his work to see who is here and not.

Xander has been busy so will likely be just a little late to the feast, but only by couple minutes as he has helped roll carts into the room, he may not yet be able to lift a lot but he has found some things to help with.   

Squirrelbabe has been suspiciously good, not only during the trip back but also now that they are here in Redwall. The DAB Ringleader is probably making the adults nervous about her good behavior. The little squirrel has, however, escaped all the other Dibbuns and everyone who is helping with them today, and is exploring around a little. Seeing the busy beaver, she walks over to behind his chair, hops up onto the back of it, and peers at what he's doing. "Whatcha doin', Gowve?" She is dressed in a nice, neat, green tunic.   

Elbio peeks into the room to see who all is there and shrugs as he backs back out, almost into Log-a-log who just snorts and quietly finds a place to sit with the shrews he has with him.   

Gorvenalus blinks and then smiles "Hello young one. I am updating my logs to keep track of abbey events and history, I am including some of what happen when Matilda and the others went looking for you and the other dibbuns, still have more to add as well"He looks at one note he is given and frowns and lays it aside as he can add that later, today is to be fun, happy and time with family and friends.   

Xander helps with a couple of carts and then decides to sit by the doorway, out of the way of others. He has on the green habit of the abbey novices, he also keeps his new cane close at paw.   

Squirrelbabe hops down onto the arm of the chair and picks up the note the beaver had set aside. She can't read at all, but she's still looking at it (while holding it upside down). "Why you gotta update da logs fow? Dat sounds bowing." She stands on the arm of the chair with the natural ease of her species.   

Gorvenalus chuckles"Could come in useful one day and helps us remember the past events. Some may want to know what happen while they were away and can do so by reading the logs"   

The Great Hall is festooned with decorations, late autumn flowers, and paper chains collected into looping whorls of bunting that crisscross the room about seven feet in the air. The late afternoon light from the setting sun shines through the stained glass windows adding a bright array of colored light to the hall.   

Near the front the Abbey Choir are singing a soft song, the tables are laden with food, and standing beneath the tapestry is Abbot Benar. He is dressed in his best with the tall silver wood staff of the Abbot held in one hand, the bell attached to the top of it ringing whenever he moves. As the choir are singing the muffled, chimes of Matthias and Methuselah ring through the hall in accompaniment to the song as the GUOSIM shrews Leigh and Oswald stand before the abbot. Oswald is dressed in his finest, a long blue coat with matching trousers, a cravat at his throat, and his braids have been re-done and the bells that have been woven into them chime gently.   

Holding his hands is Leigh, in her wedding gown the shrew maiden is radiant and Benar is waiting just behind and in between the two shrews as the choir sings and the various Novices who have been pressed into service as stewards hurry the last few stragglers to their seats. Matilda, Ciocan and the Abbey Elders are all sitting off to one side at the head table waiting quietly as kitchen staff hurry out to place the last few items on the tables from the kitchen. The dibbuns have been seated at a table that is front and center just below the high table as the celebrated place. Despite the honor, they are being religiously policed by Mother Krisha and her staff, as well as various dibbuns parents and extra staff in the form of the hares of the long patrol who helped look after the dibbuns during their journey home, are not giving them any and all chance to misbehave right now.   

At some unseen signal, the Choir lift their voices higher, signing a crescendo as the bells fall silent and the doors to Great Hall boom shut. Lifting his staff the Abbot lets the bell chime just once before speaking.   

"Welcome everyone, to a Feast full of joy, full of wonders and great tidings. After months of hardship, our children have returned thanks to the efforts of our Champion, Matilda, her team, and Lord Ciocan and the long patrol. These blessings are not without their losses so before we move onto the more joyous parts of today's celebration I wish to take a moment's silence to remember all those we lost during those dark times. From the small and most beloved mole babe to the brave warriors who will no longer return to our side in laughter and friendship."   

Lowering his head the Abbot leads a minutes silence for those who cannot be here today then lifts his head and looks around the room, "Next we have something joyous, I received a request from my old friend Master Oswald the Bard of the GUOSIM and his beloved fiance Leigh to lead their wedding ceremony today and so it is with great honor and pleasure that I consent to do so."   

The Abbot then took a moment to speak to both Oswald and Leigh, asking them the time-honored questions, outlining the sanctity and joy of marriage and the great responsibility that joining together brought. He spoke of honor, of love, of supporting one another through both the good times and hardship, through sickness, health, and any state that may fall in between. He then turned to the all-important questions, the I do's where said and raising his staff the Abbot pronounced Oswald and Leigh to be husband and wife!   

As the cheers and wellwishes of the happy ceremony died down the Abbot moved from beneath the tapestry across to stand before the high table, not far from the dibbun's table, "Today however we are blessed beyond all measure, not just with a wedding, a symbol of union and strength, of new beginnings. Not just with the return of our lost little ones or our noble and friendly visitors from Salamandastron, we are blessed because we are all together."   

Smiling the elderly squirrel gestured at the room, "Look around this room, we are a family, we who dwell here today within the walls of Redwall are friends," He reached behind himself and picked up a tankard and raised it high, "We are companions, we are together and so it is with a great heart and hope that I declare this Feast, the Summer of Hopefully Beginnings open!"   

Xander made his way into the Great Hall just in time and found a place to sit, he has novice robes on. He smiles as he watches the wedding and even says his congrats as well.   

Gorvenalus smiles, he writes down some things in his notes to later add to the log books and smiles "A very good name for the season indeed Benar"   

Ciana is with the dibbuns for now but ever so often looks over at where the hares and Ciocan are sitting. Oz is with Krisha and the other dibbuns of course.   

Elbio listens as he smooths out his uniform and raises a mug with a nod. He chuckles as he watches the dibbuns as he is glad they are happy and cheerful now.   

Rufus looks inside, being a bird he likely won't stay inside long, but for now, he will sample some famous Redwall food!   

DoraRose is sitting with her family, an arm around her daughter, just enjoying not having anything to do. She watched the Dibbuns on the entire trip back -- she needs a break. LilyMoore is so happy to have her mother back and is just sitting beside her, resting her head on her shoulder. Angela has even deigned to join them at the feast, although she looks her usual grumpy self.   

Emyuil is sitting as close as he can to his sister, happy that she has arrived back safely. Zarok and Terfil are stuck being stewards for the feast. Squirrelbabe has managed to escape the other Dibbuns, even with all the careful watching. She is with the beaver right now. Gracie is sitting calmly with the other Dibbuns, but she doesn't look happy. Once all the things have been said, Squirrelbabe claps along with everyone else, then she hops down and starts scampering across Great Hall, aiming to sit beside LilyMoore.       

Krisha keeps the dibbuns quiet when it's needed and frowns slightly at Squirrelbabe but decides it's ok as she is behaving so far. The badger will help the dibbuns get their food and drink before getting her own.   

Leigh happily stays beside Oswald, a lot greeting the two. She looks around and smiles again as she is happy.   

With the feast declared open and the season named Benar sits down in a chair and accepts a drink and a slice of pie.   

He then settles in to watch the chaos, with the Long-Patrol, Lord Ciocan, and the dibbuns back food is flying off the tables. Matilda gets up to open several large casks of October ale and starts handing out drink as the Cellar Hog, she seems to be enjoying being able to hang up her sword for a bit and enjoy her hobby of running the Abbey cellars.   

Squirrelbabe isn't the only dibbun to escape the dibbun table and are moving around to join other beasts on their table. Dibbuns are having a great time as are the long patrol, shoveling in a herculean amount of food.   

Oswald leads Leigh over to a table with the other and pours her a drink, "For you.... my wife."   

Xander watches the others while before he slowly gets up to get himself a plate of food and a drink, he frowns as he tries to figure out how to balance the plate and make sure he keeps his balance cause of his leg. Luckily an order beast helps him out to get the plate, a drink, and back to his seat. He smiles and nods his thanks as he can get back to his seat easily now but he does grab a couple of extra scones and a slice of pie before he sits.   

Gorvenalus writes a couple of things down and closes his logger book as he gets himself some soup, salad, some sort of pastry, and some ale. He sits back down with the order beasts and just smiles as he relaxes and enjoys the evening.   

Zolomon gets a large plate of food and sits letting the ale come to him as he grins "Jolly good food and feast then always jolly good food at Redwall!"   

Ciana frowns a little but does nibble some food. She looks around and slowly slips off to go over to where Elbio is looking up at him, she has a pasty in one paw and a bit of muffin in another paw.   

Elbio chuckles as he is speaking with another hare, "Well I have yet to decide if I tag along or stay ere' and just do my little trip next autumn." He then notices Ciana and smiles "Hey little lass"   

Krisha makes sure Ciana doesn't go too far, she smiles as she holds her son Oz and keeps an eye on the other dibbuns. She is a little tried but still glad the dibbuns are back now. She drinks some strawberry fizz with the dibbuns.   

Adrian is surrounded by a group of Privates, to whom he's regaling with tales from his journey half-way 'round the world. "...And so I says t' Monty, "Oy, tha's a bloomin' snake!" An' y' shoulda seen 'im turn white..." Varus, meanwhile, is sat at the same table as Lord Ciocan, partaking of the good food. Lacota is presumably still in the kitchen.   

Leigh nods " Thank you dear, I think the wedding ceremony went well and the feast is doing good as well looks like."   

Rufus yarks lightly as he samples rice cakes and some fish, also a bite of apple pie which seems he likes a good deal.   

Oswald clinks glasses with Leigh and smiles, "It went... very very well, and now you are my wife, I am very happy Leigh."   

Benar meanwhile continues to drink and eat, watching the room with a smile as everyone goes about enjoying themselves.   

Matilda continues to hand out drinks and Ciocan stands up after a while and starts to make his way around the room to all the dibbuns, talking to them and handing out a sweet from a bowl of candy.   

Xander sips his ale and looks around. He is glad to be home as he nibbles some food. He is starting to get used to being in a novice robe and likely surprised a good deal of beasts. He looks around at various beasts and when needed will chat with someone. He helped to roll in some of the trolleys of food for the feast, and helped set some things on the table so he is a little tired, he frowns a little as his right leg starts to bother him some as that's something he will need to get used to as well, the healers have said the limp will lessen somewhat and not be as bad, but of course, he still has some healing to get through, but he is happy to be home, even if maybe he traveled back a little too soon, most of it thanks to the ship and a logboat from the shrews that came was by water travel as it wasn't till the bridge he had to walk the rest of the way.   

Gorvenalus drinks some ale and eats a little pie as he smiles" I am glad we were able to have the feast Benar, it's good to see so many happy and not sad"   

Ciana will climb into Elbio lap if he allows and hugs him. She has taken a liking to the hare. Zolomon glances over and grins "Well least she likes someone, seemed  to hide or not stay so close to the other dibbuns oddly enough."   

Elbio lets the hare dibbun on his lap "Hey Ciana, ya being good lass" He will share some blackberry tart with her, he has enough for both of them after all.   

Adrian continues his tall-tales of fighting an adder bare-pawed, much to the amazement of his audience of mostly-younger Privates.   

The family of DoraRose is happily eating and chatting with each other and their neighbors at their table. Even Angela looks less grumpy than before. Gracie is chattering with the ferret Dibbun while they eat, and they both actually seem pretty happy. Squirrelbabe is scampering around Great Hall, eating out of a bowl while she talks to this beast and that. Some of the Abbeybeasts are watching her with suspicion, and a couple of them whisper about it. Squirrelbabe stops in front of the Abbot and staaaaares up at him. "Why you stick got bells on it?"   

Krisha glances at Squirrelbabae but then frowns when the dibbuns notice candy chestnuts, she clears her throat "Be polite and wait your turn"She says softly, she then stands to quickly get a dibbun who was climbing onto the table to get some cake and the dibbun almost knocked down a bowl of some sort of pudding.   

Leigh says, "I am happy as well Oswald. I am glad you and the others found me and that you found the dibbuns"

Benar smiles at Squirrelbabe "The bell is one of the symbols of the abbey," He says as he pours himself a new drink, "So the staff of the abbot has a bell on it as a symbol of his office."   

Xander chats quietly with a couple of novices before he stands slowly and gets his cane. He decides to make his way over to Krisha "Hey love. You doing ok with all the dibbuns back" He knows she has been busy.   

Oz reaches out for Xander "Dadada...heeeh" Yes he can say a couple of words now.

Gorvenalus smiles over at them and leans back in his chair just relaxing again.

Zolomon is just enjoying the food and his time at the abbey as he knows tomorrow...or is it the day after, the hares will have to head back homeward.   

Ciana just smiles and enjoys the berry tart Elbio offered her and even giggles

Elbio ruffles Ciana's ears, he is in a good mood though has yet to decide if he gets a look at the mountain or waits, he is RW LP residential hare now.   

Log-a-log has stayed with, well most of his shrews anyways as Leigh and Oswald are likely sitting elsewhere together, The shrew chieftain will be taking his shrews to the camp after the feast.   

Monty had gotten up from his seat next to Adrian's to retrieve another mug of October Ale, and as he returns he just so happens to return just in time to hear Adrian's recollection of the snake incident. A smirk slipping onto his muzzle, the scarred-up hare raises an eyebrow, clearing his throat right behind his best friend. "Ahem! That right? So I, uh...turned white, didja say?" The buck grins. "So now, was this before or after I had to tug ya outta that crevice in th'cave wall cuz you were hidin' and cowerin' like a Dibbun when bathtime's announced?" He gives Adrian a playful nudge in the shoulder before he plops himself down back in his chair and takes a long draught of the ale. "Ahhhh. S'good stuff, mate. Speakin' o'bathin', could pour a bunch o'this stuff into a tub right now and I'd not hesitate t'jump right in an' start splashin' about..."   

"Oh," Squirrelbabe says, nodding in understanding. "Can's I has a bell 'cause I live in Wedwall?" Before the Abbot can answer, a pair of hedgehog Dibbuns nearby start fighting over a muffin. The Ringleader bounds over to them,puts her bowl on the floor, and gets in between them, scowling. "Oh, good griefs, jus' make it bes 2 muffins!" She demonstrates by pulling the muffin in half. She hands half to each, then shakes a finger at them. "We had no good food an' almost nevew gots back home, an' you 2 fightin' like da slavews! No mowe o' dat!!" Ashamed, the hedgehogs quietly eat their muffin halfs. Squirrelbabe picks up her bowl and toddles back to the Abbot as if nothing happened.   

Krisha hands Oz to Xander "I am tried but I am fine. Classes start again tomorrow for them, I can handle all the dibbuns" She smiles as she has missed the dibbuns, a couple of day break likely be good as most of her time is with the dibbuns since they been back, otherwise she is sleeping.   

Adrian looks up at Monty, stopping mid-sentence. "Oy, I 'ad dropped mah rapier. I 'ad t' pick it up again. Fam'ly heirloom, y'know." He takes a bite of a pasty. "But anyways, there we were, tryin' t' get outta tha' dahk, dank cave. An' it was messy, I tell y'..."   

Monty laughs, eyeing his friend at his rebuttal. "Mmmhmm. That rapier slid pretty far across the floor, it did, and riiiight into the cave wall." With a grin and a wink, before he settles in and prepares to add a little to the story. "Well, yeah, I mean, when yer an ugly, scaley, terrible an' downright rude beast like th'snake was, y'don't have proper manners, y'know, and ya end up leavin' all yer meal remnants just lyin' about th'floor all willy-nilly. Honestly, m'surprised we didn't trip on th'bones an' bonk our poor bonces on'th'stone floor!" The hare grins. "Wot that snake needed was like, a cave-keeper t'clean up after im, aye." He nods his head, sagely, taking another drink. "Maybe then 'e wouldnta been so dang grouchy all the time!"   

Benar is about to answer when Squirrelbabe hurries over to separate the hedgehogs, he anywaysipping his drink and watching her. Once she returns he smiles, "Very well done young lady, for separating them like that. It seems like you have learnt a lot during your time away."   

He sets down his drink and leans forward, "Now I can't promise you a bell, we do not have many of them, metal to make bells is very rare. But...." He glances around the room and stands up, "Wait here, sit in my chair, and have yourself some cake I will be back soon."   

The Abbot then heads off through the hall, stopping to lean down and congratulate Oswald and Leigh personally and have a quiet word with the shrew. The abbot's chair meanwhile is empty and Squirrelbabe has permission... it is huge, it is made of oak, it has cushions, there is an emblem of the abbey carved into the wood that stands out above Abbot's head. It is... a very nice chair, the only one of its kind, and he never, ever lets anyone else sit in it and he just gave her permission.   

Ciocan meanwhile reaches Monty and Adrian and settles onto the bench next to Monty, "So how have you two been? I'd have thought you'd have been bored of all this Redwall food by you've been living it up large here for weeks." He grins at them both, "So are you coming back to the mountain with us when we leave? Or did you want permission to head off into the wilds again?"   

Xander takes Oz "You know, a day or two off be nice Krisha, just Me, you, Oz and Caleb"He shrugs"Though suppose I do have novice duties now..."He is still getting used to that, he smiles "When Oz is old enough maybe he will wield the family blade if he wants or...even join the order, either be good"   

Gorvenalus speaks with a couple of beasts as he is still getting some other details of the trip from those on it, it seemed there was only a small issue on the way back but of course, it was handled well and as seen, the group made it safely to the abbey.   

Ciana has fallen asleep on Elbio's lap, Oz also yawns as he is a little tried.   

Elbio chuckles, he looks over at Ciocan briefly but he can speak to him later if needed. For now, just enjoy food and some music that starts playing.   

Log-a-log is quietly eating,a couple of shrews start to argue over what fork is for salad and what is for the cake but soon decide it doesn't really matter as both forks get the food to you   

Krisha hmmm "I will think about it"She would be fine with a day off, others could handle the dibbuns like a day or two.   

Adrian was about to answer his friend until suddenly the Badger Lord arrives, and he sits up straighter and gives a quick salute. "Um, well, Sah... I uh... W-we c'n do that?" The question throws him for a loop. He'd have to discuss this with Monty.   

Monty shifts his attention to the large badger that seats himself next to him, the already stout and compact hare now seeming that much smaller when next to Ciocan's hulking form. He glances up to him with a grin, lifting his mug and saluting him. "Fit as a fiddle n'right as rain, sah. M'thinkin' all th'food an' good company 'ere has totally put s'more energy in these tired ol'bones. M'surprised th'both of us haven't developed a good-sized belly after stuffin' our faces every day we've been 'ere." He grins, giving Adrian another nudge. "Need t'apologize t'th' poor cook, though, for pesterin' 'im so much. Might as well just set up m'own cot right next to th'stove at this point." At the question about their plans, the buck glances over to Adrian. "Well, sah, I'm gonna leave that up t'my commandin' officer. If 'e thinks our job's done, we can return. If not, well...it's more time out on th'road for us. I do miss home an' m'gardens, sah, but...I've never been one t'not finish a job I started."   

The family of DoraRose heads out once the feast winds down. Gracie will fall asleep in her chair with her blankie. Meanwhile, right now, Squirrelbabe scowls at Abbot's compliment, not wanting him to mention it. But when he leaves, with permission given to sit in his big fancy chair, she wastes no time scrambling up into it, leaving her empty bowl on the floor. She perches on the back of the chair, waving to the Badger Mother cheerily. "Lookit, Muvvew Kwisha! Da Abbot saids I coulds be up hewe." Although he meant on the seat, not on the back...   

Ciocan listens to Monty, inclines his head toward Elbio then glances at Adrian, "Well Adrian, I am waiting, are you returning to the mountain, or do I have to had out your promotions here in Redwall?"   

The Badger Lord then spears himself a large cake with his fork, and by cake I mean the whole cake, he is a big badger and holding the cake in one hand he takes a bite out of the sponge and sighs, "I'd move a cot down to the kitchens as well Monty if I wasn't terrified Friar Lacota would fry my ears off for it."   

Benar isn't gone for long, he has brief chat with Oswald, pauses to watch the shrews fight, and informs them that they are in fact both using the wrong fork, the correct fork for eating cake is his and pilfers the final slice of fruit cake right out from between the pair of them, throws Log-a-Log a wink and heads back to his table eating it.   

Back at his table however he laughs, "Young lady, I meant sit in the cushions not up there anyway," He holds something up, it's a small bracelet of woven brass links, and hanging from it is one of the small bells Oswald wears. Except this is no simple hair bell, it is a tiny bronze bell with a clapper and rings softly and there are three letters stenciled into it.   

"I was just retrieving this from Oswald, he has been keeping it safe for me, this is the bell I had when I was your age," He holds it out, "This," He lowers his voice, "Is the bell that belongs to the leader of the DAB, but since I the abbot cannot possibly know who currently leads the DAB and since it has been many, many, many seasons since I led the DAB I can only give it to you as the dibbun who has shown the most courage and quick thinking whilst kidnapped in looking after your brothers and sisters. Leigh has told me all about how you helped make sure everyone else was looked after. So I give this bell to you ask that you make sure the current leader of the DAB receives it as the Abbot's most trusted dibbun."   

Elbio smiles at Ciocan and goes back to eating some food "I may, if tis ok with the abbot as well...tag along ta see the jolly mountain,then come back to the abbey come spring...or just wit and see it next autumn,wot be best?"   

Adrian blushes all the way to his ear tips. "P-p-promotions, Sah?" He stammers. "Ah, well, err... Y'know, Sah, this is a great location to do promotions... An', ah... Well... If y' trust us, Sah... I was initially thinkin' we'd 'ead a li'l northwahd before we came back 'ome t' Salamadastron sometime next spring..."   

Log- a -log chuckles and grins a little as the last slice of the fruit cake is gone, it's fine as there is still pie!   

Xander smiles "Think on a day off," He says to Krisha as he sits beside her and rocks Oz a little   

Ciocan smiles and listens and nods to Elbio, "I'd rather you not travel alone, so return to the Mountain with us now, stay for the winter, then you can return to take up your post next Spring and be my eyes and ears and advisor to the Abbot."   

He then turns to Adrian, "Well then... I will order the Major to have the patrol fall in someday before we leave and hand out those promotions all ceremonial and the like. If you are heading north I suggest you keep a wary eye on Ruingate, that city is full of vermin who'd stop at nothing to enslave you all straight up."

Monty laughs at Ciocan's words, the buck seemingly not really hearing what he'd said at first as he continues to prattle on. "Heh, well, sah, if th'bloody Badger Lord's afraid of th'Friar's wrath, then wot chance would a small fella like me have? Eh, I guess I'll just stay in th...." And then, those words seem to hit him out of nowhere, and his eyes go wide, his jaw dropping and his ear and a half perking straight up. His paw tightens around the mug handle he's holding, and he stares up at the badger. His gaze shifts to Adrian, before returning to Ciocan. "...sah? I mean...y'said...did he just say...uhhh..." he looks to Adrian again, before looking back to the badger. "...m'thinkin' I got scones in m'ears. Coulda swore he just said 'promotions'." It was something that Monty had thought about quite often, and now that it seems to be happening, he isn't quite sure how to handle it. "...uhhhh. Well I'll be a bloody....eh...I'm just...wot...." He nods dumbly at Adrian's plans. "...y...yeah. That, uh...that sounds fine sah. ....wot?"   

Squirrelbabe just gets more comfortable on the back of the chair to show her impudence. But then her eyes widen as he gives her the bracelet and bell. "You was a DABew?" She hops down to the seat and puts on the bracelet, jiggling it to hear it ring. "I's da Wingleadew. Ask any o' da Dibbuns." And any of them will agree. She then smiles and hops to the floor. "T'anks, Favvew Abbot! I's gonna go shows Isa!" And she hurries off to show the kitten, and any other Dibbun she meets. They'll all go to bed when it's time with minimal arguing.   

Krisha nods "I will think on a day off dear"She looks at the dibbuns, it won't be anytime soon she decides. She keeps the dibbuns behaving though they do get a little restless.   

Gorvenalus writes down a few things in his logbook before once more closing it and gets some pudding.   

Oz ends up falling asleep, as will Ciana and will need to be carried to bed soon.   

Zolomon ends up telling some jokes to a few beasts, enjoying the feast as it starts to wind down, he glances over at the Badger Lord curious of what the promotions are, since seems there is some ....maybe.   

Benar watches the squirrel leave and smiles indulgently, she reminds him a lot of himself when he was that age and running around in the dab. And now he "Officially" knows who is head of the DAB. he has some books to read now, there are ancient pacts between the Abbot and the DAB. He'll have to dust them off and make Krisha's life interesting... secretly of course. For now, he will just enjoy the feast   

Ciocan meanwhile just grins softly at Monty and stands back up, "Well then I will see your patrol in a day or so Adrian. But before then I want to see you in private to hear your debrief and report."   

Adrian nods and salutes. "Sah, yes sah. An' I've got a lettah to y' from King Garheld, too, Sah. I'll delivah it then." Meanwhile, Varus finally makes his way over. "Sah," he says, then he looks at the two younger bucks. "Son," he says to Adrian. Not 'Corporal'. Not 'Adrian'. He says 'Son.' "Son, yahr lookin' well. As are you, Private Montgomery."   

Ciocan nods, "It will be good to hear from Garheld, but I will leave you to talk to your father," The badger nods at the Major and heads off to go talk to more beasts   

Xander smiles, he looks down at the sleeping Oz and over at Krisha, he is happy. He looks over at Ciocan and seems to want to ask him something himself but it can wait till later on. He will spend time with Krisha and even help her get the dibbuns to bed.   

Krisha will be glad of the help, she is glad the dibbuns are back, it's just getting used to ....well like what 35 or so dibbuns again, she is not counting the 5 otter dibbuns as they will head to Camp Willow in the next couple of days.   

Monty still seems a little dumbstruck at what just occurred, his thoughts seemingly taking over as his gaze shifts down towards his mug. He stares down at the liquid inside, slowly swirling it around much like the words he'd just heard are swirling around inside his head. "...wonder wot m'ol' pops would think..." he replies softly, as a smile grows upon his muzzle. Hearing Varus approaching, Monty glances up, a paw lifting in a salute to the older buck. "Sah! Nice t'see ya again, sah!" He replies, knowing the compliment was simply a way to break the ice. He is fully aware he is a mess of scars and heal injuries, but still, he smiles anyway. "Thank ya, sah! Yer lookin' well, as well, sah, not, like...old an' um....uh...yer....lookin' well!" he manages. His mind is still processing things, and his paw bumps into his mug and tips it over onto his lap. "Aw, bloody 'ell..."   

The Major looks at Monty nonplussed. "It's alright. I am old, I'm afraid." He nods his head, then looks at Adrian. "I ovah-heard yahr plans, Son. I must confess, I was surprised. I'd expected you'd be comin' back wi' us." Adrian blinks. "Well, sah, truth be told, it was somewot spur o' th' moment. I wanted t' 'ead a little northwahd, but I wasn't sure if we'd actually do it, or not... But if mah friend Mont is willin', then we'll do it, an' be back at th' Mountain in time f'r spring..." He looks at Monty, who spilled his drink. Varus, however, grimaces, slightly. "Lissen, Adrian, if yahr pressin' on wi' this... Then there's somethin' y' oughta know... An' I'm afraid, y' won't like it. Come see me in private aftah yahr meetin' wi' Ciocan..."   

Monty sighs, "Better clean m'self up, sah. I swear, m'worse than a Dibbun sometimes..." he grins, with a shake of his head. "Y'can't take me anywhere." He stands from his seat, his lower half now nicely soaked with ale. "Adj, if continuin' on is wot ya wanna do, then continuin' on is wot we'll do. Still have a bit more t'see out there." He smiles, clapping his friend on the shoulder before his eyes shift to Varus. "Sah. I'll, uh...leave you two t'talk then. Good t'see ya again, sah." He gives the older hare a salute before he turns to head off to clean himself up.

Meanwhile, Gorvenalus manages to talk with a few hares and the Champion some more before getting up. He will finish up the couple logs he needs tomorrow, likely at breakfast.

Last edited by oz (2020-10-06 10:10:12 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer