Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-05 07:21:46 PM

KeldornFirepaw

Let's Be Grumpy Today-LP LOG

Gregorian looks grouchy already as he makes his way into the dining chamber and heads straight for the food. Grabbing a drink on the way though he's already finished it before he's even filled his plate. It had just been that sort of day.

Keifer walks in and makes sure no one is in his way as he goes to get food. A novice does help him out a little.

Well, Julia is about to make everyone's day worse! The leveret has been extra surly ever since the heroes arrived back with the Redwall Dibbuns. She doesn't understand why she isn't allowed to see her sister. She knows she's sick with something you can't catch, so why can't she talk to her? No one has explained or, more importantly, let her go visit Felicity. So Julia has started acting up. They've been little things so far, but that means nothing from the DAB. The leveret throws a biscuit at a caretaker, some of the other leverets at the table following suit, not understanding how upset she is. "Ya, you a shtoopid face!!"
Sep 5, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.

Koda looks over at the young hares and frowns.He usually stayed clear of any of the DAB. He stays in his own little corner  of the room.

Gregorian is piling up a plate when he pauses to look at the dibbuns. He's mostly checking if Grace is involved but no, it's Julia instead. He sighs heavily. Does he want to get involved? No. Not even slightly. This was what the caretakers dealt with but he keeps an eye on the group, accidentally holding up the line for food while he's distracted. The caretakers are used to this sort of thing of course and one quite calmly reminds them they shouldn't throw things and they wouldn't get biscuits next time if they were going to waste them.

Keifer hmmmph " They should calm down I say."

Most of the leverets calm down, not wanting to miss out on biscuits (although the youngest few don't understand and just giggle and toss crumbs in the air). Julia, however, just scowls and throws a napkin. "I wants Lissie!!" When she is informed (again) that this isn't possible, she screams, hops down from her seat, and dashes across the dining hall towards the line of hares trying to get food.

Koda frowns and looks at Greg as if he knows what to do about this, for now Koda just stays seated but if needed he will get up.

"They're just dibbuns, yah can't expect them tah be calm all the time" Greg says as his ear turns back towards Keifer but he's still watching the dibbuns so as Julia makes a run for it he sees her and goes to cut her off before she gets to the kitchen or all the food, bending down so he can try and scoop her up with one arm.

Keifer is one known as grumpy, he snorts and shakes his head muttering "Annoying children" He finally sits and starts to eat his food, he sips his water.

Julia shrieks as she's scooped up, and she wriggles enough that it might be wise to hold her with both arms. "Lemmego, lemmego, lemmego, I wants my sister!!" She hits with her little fists and kicks with her little feet, which hold surprise strength for someone so small. The caretaker catches up and watches for a moment, looking exhausted. "She won't take no foh an ansah. She keeps throwin' fits about 'ow she needs t'see Felicity."

Koda stands and walks over,carefully , and is a safe distance. " Maybe let her..see her?...I mean...why not?"

Gregorian is used to getting punched by vermin, while tiny dibbun punches hurt he's had worse and it doesn't make him loosen his hold "I know dear but she's not in the kitchen" he nods at Keifer as he's answering Koda "The healahs apparently believe it would be a bad ideah...I could see that it might be scary for a youngstah" though he doesn't entirely agree with keeping Julia in the dark about what's going on himself.

Keifer grumbles " Just let de healers do thar work kid. Ya sister is...well, not herself" Not that he really knows her that well

Tears start streaming down Julia's cheeks. "I jus' wantsa /see/ 'er," she wails, her struggles dying down some as she starts to cry. "I /miss/ 'er. I jus' wants my sister....WHY can'ts I /see/ 'er??" The caretaker looks on the verge of tears, too. "I wish she 'ad some othah fam'ly to talk to. Felicity's all she's got left, poor tyke." Julia glares at the Healer. "You a ugly shtoopid butt face!!"

Koda frowns, " ummm...maybe find another to talk to, give updates or something."

Gregorian frowns at Keifer a little "Well they could explain a little" he grumbles back but he's not going to argue his mind entirely in front of everyone and Julia. He puts down his plate so he has both arms free. He basically tries to hold on to Julia in a hug whether she wants it or not and he tries to pat her on the back despite the squirming "I know yah want tah see her and maybe wot's goin' on hasn't been explained tah yah very well. Somethin' very scary happened and yah sistah is alright but she needs a little time tah get bettah, the healahs help everyone get bettah and they're helpin' her"

Keifer nods "Yes" He simply says and starts to walk off, plate of food in paw as he is likely heading to the infirmary where he stays a lot.

Julia's wriggles slow even more as Greg talks. "Scary? Why she have to get better from somethin' /scary/? When I gets scared, I wanna be with Lissie, so why can'ts I /see/ 'er an' 'elps 'er gets better?" The caretaker sighs and shakes her head. "I don' know. This whole mess is 'ard..."

Koda frowns at Keifer and speaks" Aren't  ya a healer Keifer..do you know, l mean family is good...the badger dibbun helped that one badger feel better." He forgot the names sorry.

Gregorian sighs quietly "Well, it's a different kind of scary and maybe I can speak tah the healahs and see if yah can visit her sometime...but yah'll have tah be good while I convince them...and yah'll have tah be very grown up if we can go"

Keifer snorts and turns to the others " Everyone that has been in the infirm is..different case alright and yeah yeah..family big whoop..least some have family."

Julia sniffles and listens, then nods. "'Kay, I be's good and grown up. I jus' wanna sees my sister..." When Keifer starts grumping and going on abut family, she finally stops wriggling and shrinks against Greg, suddenly a little frightened.

Gregorian instead straightens, getting tenser. He's angry now. He shoots a glare at Keifer and sounds terse "Is this wot yah bedside mannah is like or are yah just bein' a" he pauses for a second as he catches himself before he says bad words in front of the dibbuns "Bein' a soupuss for the sake of it tahday?"

Keifer crosses his arms over his chest, though he is wise and holds back what he wants to say, a fellow private likely would get a shut up. " I..dont get along with children, my sister did...she's dead by de way..and tis not like the healers havn't tried ta help...and dibbuns  allowed in de infirm"

Julia huddles down even more in Greg's arms, clearly getting more frightened. She can feel his anger through the tenseness of his muscles. The caretaker notices this and offers to take her. "C'mon, love, let's let them figure it out, alright?" Julia hesitates, then reaches for her since she's not grumpy.

Gregorian only notices he's making things worse when the caretaker starts to take Julia and he relaxes his grip and hands her over to the caretaker, aiming a little apologetic pat on the back in the process. He's not mad at her. He's mad at Keifer who gets another frown "And that's an excuse tah scare children?" despite being angry and grumpy for many years Greg ha always still been nice to kids "/Unsupervised/ dibbuns are not permitted in the infirmary. Family and friends may visit patients provided it is in the best interests of the patient" he can spout infirmary rules too. He spent enough time in there after losing his leg years ago and then marrying a healer.
Sep 5, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.

Keifer mutters and says " Maybe..maybe the kid can be in there with..someone to see her sister. But I am not the Master Healer, just a healer in training sur" Well least he is saying sir.

Julia is a little reassured by the pat on the back, and the caretaker totes her back to be with the other Dibbuns. "C'mon, lovies, let's go colour." The caretakers lead the leverets out of the room, the one carrying Julia casting Greg a glance. She's hoping he can get through to the Healers so Julia can see her sister...

"Yah'd be best workin' on yah carin' attitude then" Greg mutters as Keifer's leaving and he watches the dibbuns go. A little huff of a sigh and he adds talking to the healers to his mental to do list as he turns back towards the food, going to get his plate back...only to discover it's gone "Who took my plate?" he yells irritably, already on to the next annoying part to his day.

Board footer