Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-26 11:39:33 AM

KeldornFirepaw

Tending To The Gardens-LP LOG

Whom:

Keifer-Blind Healer and Private in Long Patrol

Koda- Long Patrol Home Guard

Donica- Healer and Private in Long Patrol

LOG:

Koda was helping in the gardens, seeing if any space needed weeding and to pick some vegetables and fruits to place in storage as even if it's not as cold here come winter, it still needs somewhat cold later on, and its always wise to keep things in storage.   

Keifer takes walks in the garden sometimes, he has a favorite bench he sits at and listens to things around him. He yawns as he speaks "How are the herb gardens doing, I did make a list of herbs needed in the infirm and those to place in storage as well.   

Donica replies "Its fine Keifer and I know. I have been careful as well and placed each herb in its own small bit of cloth, wrapped it, and laid it carefully in baskets for storage and a smaller one for the infirmary."   

Koda walls over as he dusts the dirt off his pants and has a pear he bites into and smiles "The pears are good this season, want one guys?" He has two other ones.   

Keifer shrugs, but he takes one and takes a taste "They are ok, I never was a fan of pears really, I like peaches though. It's good to know some harvest is going well."   

Donica nods her thanks as she eats some of her pear, "Yeah...I wonder how the trip to the abbey is going, I hope all is well."   

Koda says, "Well they been away like 2 weeks now, so another week should be at the abbey, and likely won't stay too long and will be back before we know it. So guess we will keep watch and then after they are back, tis back to normal training...right?"   

Keifer says, "Oh training never really stopped lad, its always going on just maybe not as hard right now, and some are away so some are basic training, keeping in shape and the healers still have their training, as well as fighters and runners....all do"

Donica hmmms "Yeah, and I been working extra hard, I didn't want to have to catch up too much is one reason why didn't tag along on the trip to the abbey, sides traveling isn't really that great a thing"   

Koda says, "One gets used to it, we are the Long Patrol....we have times when need to travel and I know once in a while, like long hikes or runs, or least I think so"   

Keifer chuckles "Yes long marches, sometimes a 2-3 day outing to see how well some would do on a long trip, I remember a week-long outing once. We have to learn to fish, find the correct plants, know what was bad and what was good"He sighs "Miss that, though could still do one even blind..I know plant scents, how some herbs feel., taste though tastes aren't always wise to use to ID something so don't do it"

Donica nods "I know some herbs are soft, some spiky feeling, some shaped different but how do you tell the shape, Keifer?"   

Koda is interested in this detail as well as he looks over at the two beasts and listens for replies as he sits on a bench in front of them, gardening chores done for the day.   

Keifer says, "I can feel shape with my paws."   

Donica nods"Neat. I wonder if I can learn that too, could come in handy sometimes"

Koda finishes his pear and places the core of the pear on the bench, they use the cores and some other trimmings sometimes for compost around the gardens"How, unless your like hunting at night"   

Keifer rolls his eyes at Koda "Possible but also one never knows. We grow some herbs here, others we get in Halyard..and sometimes we do collect them when can as some do grow on edge of the swamps and there is a small wooded area by Halyard, also seaweed is al over the beach"   

Donica smiles as she gives a chuckle, "Seaweed is odd and I never knew it was something one could eat till got here at the mountain"

Koda says, "Yeah and there is more than one kind of seaweed too. I like the beach, there is shells and cool rocks, even a hermit crab once, though seen a jellyfish once and those are like sea threw and bad to touch...well the like long legs anyways"   

Keifer answers "Yes, why they are called jellyfish is beyond me, stupid name if ask me but they rarely get washed up on the beaches in this area of the Western Shores"   

Donica nods "I will take note to stay away from the then"She stands now "I should head back inside and check on anyone in the infirm" She then heads on inside.   

Koda waves "She is nice isn't she Keifer. And pretty too...I am glad she is here the patrol needed more healers"   

Keifer smirks as he tilts his head "You like her, don't ya lad"   

Koda says, "Ummm.....well she is a friend, well I mean she could be a friend...maybe.I don't know and I like everyone who is a good beast"   

Keifer chuckles "You get along with everyone..."He shakes his head "Never mind lad, come let's get inside it's going to rain"   

Koda asks, "Rain? How do you know?" He is, of course, curious as ever as he looks up, ok a little cloudy"It's not too cloudy"

Keifer says, "I feel it in my wrist, and the wind is slightly different and it smells of rain"   

Koda nods "Ok if you say so" He will go inside   

The rain does come a couple of hours later, not too bad of rain just some end of Summer rain.

Board footer