Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-22 05:11:44 PM

oz

Not The Best Day To Go To The Market!-REDWALL LOG

WHO:

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall

Rick-Brother and old squirrel spoofed by Gorvenalus

Krisha-Badger Mother of Redwall

LOG:

Gorvenalus decided he would get any items the abbey was low on at the market that was north of the abbey and double-checked with Abbot Benar on what was needed, he decided to let Friar Lacota go on his own trip knowing the Friar liked that sort of thing. The Recorder chooses 2 novices to go with him, as well as Brother Rick the old squirrel.

Krisha was sitting on the steps leading up to the wall tops, she had been up there earlier, and also the past several days staying up and sitting for hours till she is asked to come back down, today she did it on her own. There were some slight clouds in the sky but it didn't look like it would rain anytime too soon.

Gorvernlus motions to the others to wait and walks over to the badger and offers a smile "Would you like to come to the market with us Mother Krisha? A nice walk and some time outside the abbey could cheer you up some"

"I don't think anything would cheer me up"Krisha states, well least she was talking today and she had not in a long while. But she still looked just as depressed as she had been. She slowly stands and heads to the gates "May as well"

Gorvenalus blinks as he seems surprised to hear the badger speaking, he walks on over to the gates and says a few words before they head off. The day is slightly hot, but not terribly hot today as it had been as the days are slowly getting towards Autumn days.

Krisha walks along, she is quiet as she walks and just keeps her eyes down on the road as they walk along, every so often she looks up to see where the others were and then back to the road again, a frown on her face.

Gorvenalus walks along beside her and offers a smile "Is it not a good day? This will be a nice trip and we can get some things we are low on. I believe Friar Lacota is heading to the market in a couple of days, he likes to get some of the herbs and items for the kitchens himself, some harder to find things too I think. I am getting some flour, sugar, salt, and a few other things, also some tea and mint, we are low on mint and there was few in the gardens this season."

Krisha again shrugs, again silent as she has been for the past few weeks. Most of her time spent in her room, sometimes outside the room with the one dibbun in the abbey, Gracie, otherwise was is in her room, eating most meals in her room as well.

They get to the market place soon. The beaver gets the simple items first and then goes to find some tea. He smiles at Krisha "You gonna get anything? You can you know."He lets her have some silver coins and nods as he slips off to where tea and some other things are,

Krisha looks at the coins and sighs, what would she get? Normally she loved the market but not today. Today she had her mind on many other things, other beasts as tears go down her face. She glances around and sees a booth with some sort of things for head fur like bows and such, she frowns as she sighs again and backs away. She heads back towards where the novice and Brother Rick was.

Brother Rick smiles "Hello Mother Krisha, its nice to be out is it not?" Some thunder sounds as the old squirrel looks up "Looks like some rain soon"He looks at the Recorder "Brother Gorvenalus, we should get back before the storm hits"

Krisha frowns "Nice?" She gets out and starts to head back to the abbey not waiting on the others, the only good thing is she is not walking very fast.

Gorvenalus finishes up and makes his way to Krisha laying a paw on her shoulder "Wait up for us."He frowns "Are you ok? You can talk to me, or Benar at any time you know. We do miss hearing your voice" He offers a smile "We always see you on the wall tops, you're looking for the dibbuns and others to return aren't you dear?"

Krisha pulls away as tears fall "Been..season and a half almost...why...why "She seems to have decided something, she shakes her head "I just need to..a...a..accpet, they are probably dead! And..."She rushes ahead of the group, she is heading to the abbey though.

The abbey is close yes, about an hour from the market place. It's now the storm with its heavy rain, lightning, and thunder hits! The wind picks up and it gets fairly dark, and it's not even time for it to be dark for another couple hours!

Gorvenalus frowns and has the group hurry along  as the rainstorm hits, he makes sure they get to the gates and nods as he goes back to make sure Krisha is close, he refuses to go into the abbey without the Badger Mother "Krisha!"

Krisha was ahead of them but in the rain got a little turned around and the tears didn't help. She looks around and backs up a little when she hears the beaver call out and frowns. Her paws then hit mud and she slides. A scream is let out as she feels her self tumble and roll a couple of times and then .....deep water! She is in the ditch and the ditch is flooding and the water current is rather strong as she struggles to keep above the water. She can't swim!

Gorvenalus hears the scream and quickens his pace as he looks threw the rain, the rain does start to slow some "Krisha!" He is starting to worry, was it vermin? Why did she scream?" Krisha can you hear me?!"

Krisha sinks and then grabs a root or old branch that's fallen off a tree that lightning hits, luckily the rain just as quickly puts out the fire that tries to start on the tree, she screams again and is losing her grip "Help! Help me!"

Gorvenalus quickly locates the voice and mutters "No..." He hurries over towards the ditch and scans it, he sees Krisha and dives in. Being a beaver he is one of the best swimmers, well that's not an otter anyways, in Mossflower, he makes his way to the badger quickly.

Krisha reaches out and then her other paw slips from the branch as she lets out a yelp of terror and bumps into the side of the ditch and some old thick root and sinks under the water as she is knocked out.

Gorvenalus wastes no time and dives under the water, he soon finds her and gets her above the water and holds onto her getting her to the side of  the ditch and then up the bank as he pants, "Too old for...this..."He checks the badger.

Krisha at first has no reaction and then coughs up some water and groans, she starts to shiver as she is totally soaked, luckily she is not hurt, besides a slight bruise on her right cheek and some swelling on her shoulder, she should be fine. She looks at the beaver and then gives in to being worn out and once more passes out.

Gorvenalus frowns and carefully carries her back, he is stronger than he looks. He gets to the abbey, and to the infirm laying Krisha down on a cot, he looks at Brother Rick "Find Angela please...."He stays by Krisha's side making sure she is ok. Well, it could be worse, he sighs as the rain had slowed but sees to start back up again as the storm rages outside for the next half hour before slowing to a soft rain shower and then stoping over the next hour.

Last edited by oz (2020-08-22 10:54:45 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer