Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-07 11:04:56 AM

oz

The Fog Clears Some-DibbunSlavers TP LOG

Who:

Kash-Old Hamster and Seer

Leigh-Healer Shrew in GUOSIM

Tenzin-Sea Otter, warrior an Healer

LOG:

Kash sat watching the sea from the small little edge of the side of the cliff face that was on this side of the island, the edge was not seen too well from the sea and not in view of any vermin up on the main island unless they tried to climb down but they would likely fall.   

Tenzin came to see his friend "Kash..wot de seasons ya doin'?" He stayed in a cave opening, still shadowed.."Did the Crimson Tide leave? Are there other ships or sumthing?"   

Kash just smiled and turned to the sea otter"Not yet....on both" For a beast so old he was very nimble on the small edges and little places to place a claw, he soon was beside the otter.Kash was a very very old hamster"But something is in the air, something....I am not sure yet what, it's still rather mist covered in my mind but involves faces of the past meeting again and a hammer being in place at the right time"   

Tenzin sighs, he spoke softly "You make no sense sometimes Kash"But he trusted the seer as he had saved his life a few weeks ago." How is a hammer helpful?"   

Kash just chuckled "How should I know....but perhaps it's not what it seems my friend"   

Leigh was up and about and trying to not get lost in the tunnels, she just hoped she went the right direction when she followed the voices and smiled as she seen it was the two that had helped her "Hello..."   

Tenzin snorts "Again....odd" He smiles now and nods to the shrew "Greetings Leigh, good to see your up and about now."   

Kash nods a hello, he chuckles at the otter a little "A lot of things are odd to some but not others"   

Leigh nods "Yes....these tunnels, have they always been here or did the moles make them? Also...I need a way to let the dibbuns that was with me know I am alive,they..they probably think I'm dead."   

Tenzin frowns "Don't know..." He then replies about the tunnels "Tunnels been here for who knows how long...the couple moles here made a new one, fixed some old ones and even collapsed some older ones, the tunnels go all over, and some openings...carefully hidden, ya can view parts of the island and at the same time not be too close to those scum vermin and that...GorAX"   

Kash speaks "We shall see...somethings are best left as they are for knowledge can sometimes be bad if used against one, in some other ways yes...helpful is knowledge if handled carefully"   

Leigh frowns "Gorax, he is that wolverin..isisn't he?"   

Tenzin face darkens as he nods "Yes....he has killed many or had his helpers do so. He grows tried of a slave or thinks a new one is...unable to be broken he kills them, usually by drowning like he tried to do with you, and he knows not all of the beasts he had shoved off that cliff of his hit the water as the tide comes in, some hit rocks.....me and Kash had only saved maybe 1/3 of those he tried to kill_"

Kash frowns"Gorax is so called Lord of this island now, killing the seal tribe that had lived here...out of 100 only 12 now of those seals live, Gorax one day had his helpers take over a ship passing by and went on to slay the crew....except for 7 children with them....of the ones he had planned to slay...we managed to save half of them, and varies others the past 9...or is it 10...seaons now...I dont remember"He smiles at the shrew "And recently you were saved"   

Leigh sighs, "That's horrible..."She folds her paws in her lap"He needs to be stoped somehow"   

Tenzin mutters something "Yeah...me too, Gorax needs dead he killed all of my otter holt when I was but a younglin....me and 2 others surrived and were brought here as slaves, only I am still alive and Gorax has an otter fur cloak" He doesn't share just where the fur came from as he shakes his head, clearly someone he knew.He goes back inside the many tunnels.   

Kash watches him go and frowns"I fear for that boy at times, rage flows throught his viens cause of what Gorax did"   

Leigh frowns, she glances at Kash " A lot most likely hate Gorax."She looks back to the tunnel "How many beasts are in these tunnels?"

Kash speaks "Around..20-22 now, and 12 seals,,"He smiles "I can show you my seal friends....me and Tenzin and a couple of others have learned their language"   

Leigh nods "Sure"She remembered the seals helping her when she was shoved off the cliff...she can swim but not when her paws and feet were tied and chained.

Kash leads the way through the tunnels to a small cove, he clears his throat and makes an odd sound as he cups his paws to his mouth. It's then seals arrive, not all of them but most of them...11 in total, of the 11....3 are what most would call dibbuns. Kash speaks to the one thats clearly in charge of this small seal group, a frown forms but he says one other thing and motions, Leigh, to come over to stand beside him.   

Leigh walks over slowly and smiles a little, she is curious "Why did you...frown once Kash?"   

Kash replies "There should be 4 dibbuns...one is missing and they think one of the slavers from the Crimson Tide shall them...and they are likely a captive but my guess is...worse" He shakes his head "Gorax has monitors...he..."He frowns" If the seal pup was taken, Gorax would not keep a seal around for any purpose."   

Leigh gasps and decides to not ask, she looks at the seals and smiles "I never seen a seal, my Log-a-log spoke of them before."

Kash turn to be curious, "A..Log-a-log?" He hmmms"Also you mentioned something called GUOSIM once to Tenzin"   

Leigh nods "A group of shrews I am in from Mossflower...I am a healer and Log-a-log is what the leader is called, its a small group too but mighty fighters...we travel the river moss, never been to the sea but maybe our Log-a-log has and I think Oswald..."She frowns now "Has..."She is quite a little while before speaking in a quiet tone" I need to get home but I....I can't" She looks at the hamster "Not without the dibbuns that was with me somehow, even if it means being here for seasons and it takes that long to get them freed, there...there has ta be a way"   

Kash only nods, "There is always a way..."He hmmms as he closes his eyes and opens them again "Maybe sooner rather than later.....the fog clears some, but he is not the one it's...someone else."He seems to speak to himself.   

Leigh glances at him and blinks "Who is not..what?" She stands up and dusts off "There is a way to maybe...help them?"   

Kash is sort of staring before he replies" I know not....I just at times, see things that are unclear, I have seer powers a little it seems but its never a clear picture......faces of de past meet again and something about a hammer in the right place at the right time, Tenzin thinks it means a hammer but maybe..a name or meaning of a name"He looks at her "When you mentioned whomever Oswald is....something seemed to...clear the fog, but it's not him but he is with..whomever it is"   

Leigh says, "He is a very close and dear friend..."She smiles maybe more than a friend, she also tries to help the hamster and shrugs "I...have no clue, I know no one with a name like that. I am very sure Oswald and others are looking for me and the dibbuns, I heard the vermin on the ship mention losing some woodlanders at the western shore"She frowns, that was almost 4 weeks ago now and so much longer when she was first taken captive" But the sea is so large and so many islands and other lands, direction to go"

Kash nods "You are far from home...many here are." He starts to head on inside "Come Leigh, its near lunch time. " He also needed time to medate on things, prehaps Gorax downfall could truely happen and maybe it seemed.....soon.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer