Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-21 04:48:32 PM

Mother Krisha

Even Healers Need To Know How To Fight- Dibbun Slavers/ LP LOG

Who:

Donica-Recruit and Healer in LP

Gregorian- Lt., Fighter and Blacksmith in LP

Keldorn-GUOSIM warrior

LOG:

Donica had finally gotten use to all the swaying and moving of the boat. She had been sea sick for the past few hours as she now just sat on a bench below deck trying to eat something simple and sip some water. She sighed quietly as she glanced around, she was sure the trip would get better soon.   

Gregorian must be one of the few hares to apparently not be affected by seasickness, he was a little more clumsy in his footing due to the pegleg than he was normally on land but he got around fine and didn't spend half the journey so far trying to keep his lunch. He appeared down below deck with a mug of tea in one paw, ducking beams as he headed towards the back of the ship. He spots Donica on the way and offers a nod "All quiet below deck?"   

Donica looks up and nods "Yes sur just....motion sickness, then guessing I am not the only one"

Keldorn makes his way down below as well and nods, "Your get use ta it lass"He says, it seems the shrew has been out at sea before"The sea is...odd at times"   

Gregorian stops to lean against the mast where it comes down inside the ship from above and sips from his drink before nodding to the shrew "Aye, yah and half the ship seem tah be sufferin' it. I might have tah suggest sailin' becomes a standard lesson in the patrol but fact is somebeasts don't keep their sealegs for life anyway. It'll settle down and yah'll feel bettah for the rest of the trip soon enough"   

Donica nods "Though maybe one doesn't forget..."She sees the shrew and nods"Hello Keldorn."   

Keldorn nods,"Hey lass.."He nods to the hare as well as he sits down"Sir..." He smiles "Some dislike the ship it seems, as for keeping sea legs..some do and some don't"   

Gregorian nods once more to the shrew "Greg" He corrects the sir, the shrew's not in the patrol, he doesn't have to call him sir. He shrugs a shoulder to he idea of some not liking sailing "Eh, land beasts tend tah get a bit uncomfortable when the ground starts movin' undah them"   
Donica asks, "Does the boat move all the time?" She asks quietly, she frowns "You two been on a ship before huh?"   

Keldorn smiles "I have been at sea...though not the best time in my life.."He frowns some as he glaces around "This ship ...I gave it to your Badger Lord, to your Patrol...I never used it and decided didn't need it"He smiles "You guys did need it."   

Gregorian nods once "Aye, the boat keeps movin' but eventually yah'll stop noticin' it" he chuckles "Askin' a shrew if he's been sailin' is like askin' a hare if he's had lunch. I grew up on rivahs though. It's not the same as goin' tah sea but yah get a good storm on a rivah and yah'll feel some waves"   

Donica chuckles lightly "I...suppose.."She hmms "So thats where he got the ship, but how did"She looks at the shrew "You have it..don't your clan have like log boats?"   

Keldorn answers" I wasn't always in the GUOSIM...long story, lived in Halyard..was..well rich, but things change"He shakes his head "A thought friend..stole things,inclueding that small fishing boat..."Yes the boat the slavers used to go up river"But thats the past...I joined the GUOSIM and they are family to me now, there is me and Oswald that came looking for the dibbuns, the other 3 shrews on board are friends of mine ...though"He smiles "I taked them into joining GUOSIM...a little surprise for old Loggy...when get back"Least he hopes they all get back safe and sound.   

Gregorian listens and sips his drink scratching his nose lightly afterwards "Well, it's a fine ship and yah help means we're on our way fastah than tryin' tah obtain a ship at Halyard. The extra time may make the difference"   

Donica says, "Hopefully we can catch up to those slavers...figure out where they are at least and..plan, then I am unsure how much fighting I will do, more...guess tending to injuried"   

Keldorn nods, he hmmms "I am sure we will figure it out, they sailed off like , what was it...week and a half before us?" He frowns,"Only so many places to go, wouldnt think be too far, then suppose one never knows"   

Gregorian shakes his head "Healahs keep us fightin', yah'll do yah bit" he's been through wars and lost a foot, he has a certain respect for healers. He takes a deep breath as he considers how to track a ship "The bird might help...If not, well, we'll just have tah search every island we can. They can't stay at sea forevah"

Donica nods "Oh the...sea gull,I seen it...birds are a little scary but if its a friend then thats good and I can learn some self defense if needed"   

Keldorn nods"True, birds can also see fairy high up..maybe see if anyone is on an island or things seem...well out of place, then again smart vermin tend to hide and these seem to have some brains, though they lost a fairly good fighter beast, that ferret the vixen had...now he was dangerous...I have no clue if she has any other dangerous beasts or not"   

Gregorian seems a little sceptical of the bird being a friend "Well, I've nevah met a gull I liked...but his Lordship seems tah trust the bird" so Greg will go along with it "If it can just see the ship we just have tah catch it up. Good fightahs or not fightin' vermin is wot the patrol was made for"

Donica shivers a little "The ferret that hurt...."She gulps,"Least the ferret is dead" She listens now "I just hope no one is too badly hurt and if they are, they can be helped."   

Keldorn nods "Yes its dead...beheaded" He hmmms "Finding the slaver ship be good too, even if its a distance away we can make sure we go in the right direction, but also try and stay out of sight ourselfs. If they know we are close...it could ruin a chance to save anyone"

Gregorian jaw tightens at the idea of the dibbuns getting hurt if they get too close "Hm, too close and they'll see us comin' miles off on the sea. There isn't much hope of sneakin' up when there's just watah but there's nothin' tah say catchin' them when they get tah wherevah they're goin' will be any bettah"   

Donica frowns "Well..guess we will see maybe they will just try and get away from us"   

Keldorn shrugs "I have never had to deal with fighting...least on the sea and the brief fight I had with a vermin on the log boat was...well that was on a river so its different. We be prepared, they could harm the dibbuns but I am also thinking they want to get them somewhere right? Likely some...other slaver or some slave place so they wouldn't want to harm them, tehy would lose possible coin right?" He hopes he is correct in this "If anything we find them and get...close enough, they shoot arrows at us to harm..well us, we can fire arrows right back or they just try to as Donica says move faster, I don't know."   

Gregorian sips his tea thoughtfully again, starting to frown a little "They're already tryin' tah get away, the problem comes when they don't think they can anymore. They'll not be keepin' the dibbuns for themselves, they'll be lookin' tah sell them so they're safe as they can get with vermin but if they think they're trapped they'll use hostages every time...Hmm. Could be if we find them or the island far enough away that they don't spot us though we could get close at night. Sail in without light and surprise them in the dark"   

Donica says, "Like...fight them right away?"She sounds a little worried" don't we have to be prepared?"   

Keldorn frowns "Can't always prepared fer a fight lass..unless the island the yare going to has some side they don't use to hide on, then...I have no clue..the ship is large though"   

Gregorian chuckles faintly "I'd love tah fight them right away but we can't go that until we find them. I'm sensin' yah don't feel ready though. Yah fought before? Got a weapon?" he finishes off his drink at last "We can't prepare for everythin' but we've got some time tah kill while we're chasin' them down. Time enough tah get in some practice"   

Donica says, "I...don't know much fighter myself, no...healing yeah but not too much fighting. I only got a couple lessons on way to the shore""   

Keldorn nods "I have fought before, lots of times sadly...as said never at sea, on the river once when a vermin on the bank tried to get into the log boat."   

Gregorian glances around the hold before he wanders off and grabs a mop from the corner. He twirls it in one paw on his way back "Unless we all end up ovah board I don't imagine fightin' on a ship will be much different tah fightin' indoors. We have the time for practice though" he says as he stops spinning the mop and offers it to Donica "Easiest thing tah learn fast I'd say is a spear. Keeps the vermin at a distance so yah don't have tah mastah dodgin' and all yah need tah know is how tah poke them or hit them"

Donica takes the mop and nods , examining it "I would say even healers should have a weapon, just in case."   

Keldorn says, "Everyone in your patrol should know how ta use a weapon, the GUOSIM teach healers to use slings I know."He frowns " Our healer is achally a captive as well...or hope she still is..meaning she be alive as she was grabed...I was knocked out and thought dead I think"

Gregorian doesn't draw his own weapons but takes a step back to put a suitable distance between himself and Donica "Yah'll have tah imagine the pointy end" he gestures for her to go ahead and try to attack with it as he keeps talking to Keldorn "Slavahs tend tah keep beasts alive so there's hope...We'll get back everyone we can" he's making no promises.   

Donica nods as she grips the broom handle and then tries to poke it at Greg as if attacking, she stays alert as she can and tries to stay focus.   

Keldorn nods "I..hope so.I also hope my friend Oswald is carefull , that shrew maid is special to him I think....the GUOSIM didn't have any dibbuns to grab, just one and that was LoG-A-Log's son but he was safe at camp, no idea if any otter cubs were taken from Camp Willow...I dont think so though..I know a vole family lost little ones and a squirrel family was looking for a missing dibbun as well so it was not just abbey young ones those slaves took and likely they have taken other young ones from other places too"   

Gregorian is still fast despite being one of the oldest hares on the trip and he catches the mop handle a moment before it hits, going to lightly push it back towards Donica "Good! Again, hardah. Spread yah paws out a little more and hold it furthah down" he tap his check "Aim here. Closah tah the middle yah aim the less likely yah are tah miss" his ears twitch and he frowns at the mention of Camp Willow but he doesn't take his eyes off of Donica "Hrm. Well, whoevah they've got and wherevah they've come from we'll find them and we'll see they get home again"   

Donica nods and takeing a deep breath she does spread out her paws and goes to take aim again, still paying attention and focusing best she can.   

Keldorn nods "Yes....I am gonna go see how me friends are doing...maybe see you later"He then heads onto the main area of the ship, he might even help captain it some, he has sailed a ship after all.

Gregorian catches the mop before it hits again though he has to put a little more force in to it this time "Good. Yah do that thousand times and yah'll be an expert" he nods to Keldorn "Later" before he pulls the metal walking stick he normally keeps in his belt out and gestures it at Donica "Now, I'm a nasty rat with a sword" he waves the stick at her "But yah spear is longah than my sword, so I can't reach yah without getting in yah range" he takes a step towards her "I try tah get closah, yah swing it at me"   

Donica nods as she stays focused and keeps an eye on where he is, she steps back and then goes to block any attack he would make.

Gregorian chuckles lightly as he clacks the stick against the mop handle "Good! Keepin' the distance between yah and them is good. Watch yah back, make sure yah don't back in tah anythin' dangerous. Yah job is tah keep back and keep beasts alive but then keep yahself alive too. Seem easy enough so far?"   

Donica nods "So far long as only one is attacking me and I will..try as being backed into anything likely be very bad"

Gregorian hehs "If more than one are comin' at yah and we're not there somethin' has gone wrong. If it happens though" he slashes at the air with his stick back and forth a couple of times "Whack as many of them as yah can tah keep them back"   

Donica nods as she watches "Hopefully it won't happen when I am trying to help someone"   

Gregorian nods at the mop "Well yah practice with it" he twirls his stick with one paw to demonstrate "Get used tah movin' it around until it's comfortable and smooth. When we get back tah the mountain yah can learn othah weapons if yah like. A lot of the healahs prefah somethin' smallah but it's a lot hardah tah learn a sword than a big pointy stick. Yah know healin' already at least"   

Donica nods again and smiles "I will practice as..this is likely a long trip to find the vermin even..I have faith we will find them and..win agaist them"   

Gregorian returns his stick to his belt "Find yahself a spot tah practice on. A knot in the wood tah aim for or practice with one of the othahs. It gets easiah as yah get used tah it. We've got plenty of capable hares tah help anyway and his Lordship of course. Yah friends from Redwall are presumably all fightahs too"

Donica nods, she chuckles a little at the idea of Ciocan helping "Maybe just a fellow hare...his lordship is..so tall and one of the strongest ones on this ship..and yes there id Dora..Caleb, Oswald and Keldorn fights well and of course Matilda does"   

Gregorian chuckles faintly too "Well if yah can fight him, yah can fight anyone" he grabs his empty cup "I'm goin' tah do the rounds on deck. Keep practicing!"   
Per page: 100 150 200 500

Board footer