Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-21 10:34:45 AM

oz

Chats In The Infirm- LP LOG

Who:

Zolomon- Archer, Runner, and Sargeant in the LP

Koda- Member of Home Guard in LP

Quinten- General and Recorder in LP

Xander- former Warrior

LOG:
Koda had dropped off a message for the cooks and said he be back, he decided to go check the infirmary, he peeked in as if making sure a certain hare want there as he could always come back later.   

Xander was still here, still on his stupid bed, basically for now stuck here, he glances over at the door when he sees movement and clears his throat "If you're looking for Kiefer, he is not here I am sure he is somewhere"

Koda frowned "I woke you? Did I?" He shrugs "Oh well...that's ok, he is likely grumpy somewhere, he is always grumpy..I don't think he knows how to not be."He ventures further inside.   

Quinten strolls in after Koda, the General pauses to speak to a healer handing over a list then moves toward Xander's bed, "Hello Xander," he smiles, "I wanted to just see how you are doing?" He glances at Koda and smiles, "Kiefer takes some getting used to."   

Xander shrugs, he looks at Quinten now "I...am alive anyways."He sounds better voice wise anyways but frowns" My leg...gonna take a while to heal and it's not clear if I will walk again"He doesn't mention the shaky paw, he just keeps that at his side.   

Koda salutes the General and nods a hello, he then speaks "Yeah....Keifer is...well"He isn't sure really, odd maybe he decides.   

Quinten says, "Well Xander," He returns Koda's salute, "We'll do our best to help you get back on your feet. His Lordship wanted us to give you the best care we have and your son is here and healthy."]

Xander smiles a little "I..seen him, couple times. I am glad he is safe here."He sighs.."Wot if I..never walk and wot about.."He decides to show how his right paw shakes some, though that has improoved a good bit, he lays it down again "Though it's not..nearly as bad as it has been."

Koda stays off to the side but listens for now not saying much really, he has his times he rambles but has moments he can be quiet too and the General is in here so there is that.   

Quinten glances at Koda and then reaches out to take Xander's paw and strokes it and turns it back and forth, "I am no healer, but it is quite possibly just a side effect of the poison. His lordship says it is very rare and potent... but you should recover I am sure."   

Xander nods "I...almost died, I know that. Even a healer said I should be...well dead" He knows its gonna take a while to recover.   

Koda finally does speak "So...what do we all do while his Lordship is away just...normal things?"   

Quinten glances at Koda, "We keep the mountain, make sure their home is here and waiting for their return. We replenish the food stocks, maintain relations with Halyard. We tend to keep the remaining hares here in the mountain however, maybe a patrol out a days journey in each direction but otherwise we keep things ticking over."

Xander replies "I would help, if I could with anything but...right now I am, sort of a bit useless around here." He can sit up and so far thats about it.   

Koda nods "True...and we can get supplies from Halyard and like the gardens too, we have gardens here ..I helped once in them"   

Quinten says, "Nonsense, you are our guest Xander and you need to heal," he glances at Koda, aware he is keeping the youngster from chatting, "Now I need to go talk to Pete about the sentry rota so I will leave you two to catch up." He squeezed Xander's paw, "I will see you later my friend." He nods to Koda, "You'll be helping in them quite often now you are in the home guard young buck, but for now I will see you both later," He nods and ducks back out"

Xander nods and watches the General go,"I had a young hare tell me Quinten was scary, he isn't.."He relaxes and looks back to Koda " Wonder wot one does for boredom"   

Koda looks back at the badger and shrugs "I...don't know, something I am sure..read a book maybe? I don't know...General Quinten will likely keep us hares busy...probably anyhow"

Zolomon walks in about this time and waves "Hallo chaps...so how is everyone this good day?"

Xander smiles when he sees Zolomon "Hey, it's...a day"He is still a bit depressed over his slow healing it would seem."I'm still here....not like I could leave right now even if wanted to"

Koda of course is at attention when he sees Zolomon, a salute of course as well.

Zolomon grins "I have yet to get use to this salute me business, all I have ta salute now is ...well ok a good number still like Greg, Major V....General Q and course Lord C...and well Old Pete still but he tends ta stay on sentry duty like 90% of the time"   

Xander chuckles, he hasn't chuckled much since he arrived here,"How did you become a Sargeant anyways Zolomon? Wots next when I visit...gonna be like a major or something?"   

Koda relaxs and sits down in a chair, a look around to see if Keifer is here and nope, he isn't.   

Zolomon smiles "Maybe...and I got promoted for a mission I did...was gone like 2 weeks...got some very rare herbs..."He is quiet and speaks "Herbs that went into your antidote in fact...I dealt with toads briefly, lizards..lizards that killed Private Robert,who was with me...also seen this snake, it died when it ate something that it..well shouldn't of."What he didn't question it,he just ran.."Also swamps and this creepy slime pit...but I got back,also meet Rufus an interesting sea Gull on de way back home...well right before headed home anyways, he is a nice chap and a friend.Other sea gulls dislike him some reason"   

Xander nods "Sounds like a grand adventure and you got back safe...I am glad"   

Koda blinks "You...fought a snake?And Toads......did the snake try to eat you sur?"   

Zolomon speaks "Well...I am unsure if it wanted me just dead or...dead and food, it was guarding some box or other a village wanted back, I believe they got it back and their chieftain whom was traped in thar, in the cave that is not the snake"   

Xander says, "I remember a snake once, Patch wanted me to find something a long time back...barely got away from that snake too.Some beasts later went back to kill the snake"

Koda frowns "Snakes sound scary..very scary"   

Zolomon nods "Oh snakes can be bally well scary, a lot of things can be in fact chap but de home guard rarely sees much"

Xander yawns a little as he listens to them chat, "I should get some rest..you guys can chat elsewhere"   

Koda stands as he goes to the doorway "Elsewhere is good but...I need to go see if I need to do anything,then I have to help wash dishes after lunch"He is then off to do chores.   

Zolomon waves a goodbye and smiles again at Xander "Then ya sleep Xandy and don't ya worry, all will be well and your get better soon, and we could go outside fer some fresh air wot"   

Xander nods "We could yeah"He smiles as he gets as comfortable as he can and is soon asleep.   

Zolomon walks over to make sure a pillow is good and a blanket is on well and then quietly heads off, since he stayed he does have some training to help with, he had said he would help train some hares with the longbow so he is off to do just that.

Last edited by oz (2020-06-21 01:31:31 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer