Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#151 2020-06-16 06:50:46 PM

oz

Re: Dibbun Slavers TP

Yeah
Martin helped them a good bit and yes Ciocan can know the direction to go, just not for sure where they are heading, maybe he has heard...I am sure he has..of an island this direction and maybe that's it.

Sailing will be fun I am sure. Well fun oocly anyways

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#152 2020-06-16 09:55:58 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I still am willing to do a sea monster, even though that's not canon at all wink  (Okay, maybe I should just do a sea monster RP with Bandit OOCly....)

Hey, I'm all for ghosts being less active tongue  It's easy to get carried away with them. I'm cool with them having to use their wits smile

#153 2020-06-17 03:03:33 AM

Willow

Well there was one thing that could have been a sea monster in the books, Slothunog in High Rhulain. That was an exception trapped in it's own lake of course tongue

#154 2020-06-17 11:44:18 AM

Ol'random
Website

If I might weigh in, in the Bellmaker a shark is used as a sea monster and is implied to be massive as they are scared the shark could harm the boat - which make sense given the size of sharks in relation to any woodland creature (and even if everyone is human sized in scale there's no reason a shark should be tongue). Maybe a tiger shark (which are known to be extremely aggressive) or a common-thresher shark (which have a giant whip-tail they use to whack things with) could go after the boat? Or even a sea snake could work as a sea serpent, considering how big snakes are in the books and on the muck. MAKE THE MUNDANE THE MYTHICAL

Also, I tentatively have an idea for when people get to Tarramort: how would it be if Mistclaw and the other slavers would make contact with prospective buyers?  I have an idea to bring back Atticus and Dartania (which Bandit and I came up with a few years ago) and reintroduce them as an almost mafia-esque group inspired by Rome (and how Rome dealt with slaves...), as a sort of set up for a future plot idea I have. They would be very uninterested in fighting so as soon as the 'heroes' ship shows up they'd book it off the island and cut off all contact with Mistclaw. Atticus would be involved in the negotiations (either because he was re-recruited or recaptured by Dartania to repay all his debts, we can find out later), and he wouldn't be the most friendly with most of Mistclaw's slavers.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#155 2020-06-17 02:46:29 PM

oz

A large...killer whale?

Maybe a hare could fall off the ship and need saved from a shark?They are saved and vow to never eat fish again!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#156 2020-06-17 03:55:27 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

(I get a little ranty here for like 2 paragraphs because this is HUGELY important to me.  I'm sorry that it comes across as an attack; passion comes across as anger when it's just text on a screen sad )

I refuse to participate in anything that encourages irrational fear of sharks.  They are actually not aggressive -- there are scientists in an area of the Caribbean that's called "Tiger Bay" (which is one of the biggest hotspots in the world for tiger sharks...including babies, if I remember correctly) who are able to touch (I think they touch them) and be in the water with the sharks without getting hurt.  Sharks are not aggressive; people get attacked by dogs more often than they get attacked by sharks (in the USA, 16 shark attacks annually compared to 4.7 million people bit by dogs annually, according to Google) because sharks sometimes either go insane or, more often, mistake the human as food, take a bite, then swim away (human flesh actually tastes really yucky to almost all sharks).  The June, July, and August 2016 editions of National Geographic magazine are actually a really good resource for how aggressive sharks really are, as well as why we need to protect them.  People simply choose to refuse the facts about them and instead participate in huge shark massacres, which are aiding in driving these necessary apex predators to extinction.   The only reason we haven't had huge explosions of the fish sharks eat is because those fish are also being overhunted (and I say also because not only are sharks killed just to kill them, but they are also hunted for food -- including in the horrific but justified because "sharks attack people and sharkfin soup is traditional" act of shark finning, which I won't describe just in case we have a child looking at this, but it is literal animal abuse).  Also, another tiger shark researcher: https://news.miami.edu/stories/2016/05/ … rcher.html  Also, if you're in the water and you see a shark, make sure it knows you see it.  Then it'll almost definitely just be curious smile  (And probably bump you with its nose, which just it's way of saying "hi" and would be quite intimidating when the shark is bigger than you! O.o)

I also refuse to participate in anything that encourages irrational fear of orcas (killer whales).  Orcas are actually very gentle towards humans out in the wild; the aggressive ones we hear about are either sick, or in captivity and have been abused in some way.  Orcas are in the dolphin family, and thus are extremely intelligent, yet are not treated as such.  I have heard of entire pods (including calves) in the wild being exterminated on the basis that "killer whales are dangerous," which, again, is people refusing to face facts and so, out of fear, are driving a species to extinction. 

Therefore, shark and whale attacks are out of the question.  And I'm sorry this post seems kind of aggressive -- if we were face to face, you would just see that I am passionate about protecting the planet and all the animals and plants that live on it.  I'm not trying to attack you; text on a screen just doesn't communicate emotions and passion very well as anything other than anger and an attack.

I'm not sure why a sea snake would attack a ship.  I would be alright using a plesiosaur (which is what the Slothunog basically was), or maybe a giant eel.  They'll be over deep ocean, and sea snakes live along coasts, so I'm not sure how feasible I could make a giant snake attack at sea tongue  A hare falling overboard and getting the heebie-jeebies scared out of them by a shark (or other large fish -- have you ever SEEN a picture of a tuna???) that they saw would be alright, although I'm not sure if any sharks (or tunas) actually live around Great Britain (and I am a HUGE animal nerd, so I would insist on using species found in that area IRL...don't get me started on my confusion over his inclusion of sea otters in the books tongue ).  I would have to do research.  But if everyone is on board still with a sea monster attack, I will figure something out (your suggestions were helpful, even though I kind of pounced on a couple of you...sorry.  This is really important to me).

Also, the suggestion of a huge shark is reminding me of Megaladon, so there's that xD

~*~

As for Atticus and Dartania: I like the idea smile  Show the slavers as an actual group actually doing things other than kidnapping people.  I vote yes for that smile

#157 2020-06-17 04:15:59 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

And just to clarify: I'm not upset with ANYONE who made those suggestions.  Like I've said, I'm not trying to attack you guys.  I'm just very passionate about this subject.  Please don't edit or delete your comments; they're just fine the way they are smile  Plus, you guys have some ideas I may use, so it's okay!

#158 2020-06-17 04:54:13 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

...also, I was ready to drop the sea attack thing if not enough people seemed interested.  It was also partially a joke because I didn't know anyone would take it as a serious thing to do ICly tongue I assumed it would get a "no" vote.  So if we don't do it FOR WHATEVER REASON, I am okay with that smile  It was just an idea.  I won't be hurt if we don't do it -- I was expecting us to not do it, honestly....

#159 2020-06-17 05:30:30 PM

Mother Krisha

No sea creatures attacks.

But we can have a storm sometime.I am unsure what else,sorry. Ideas are welcome

#160 2020-06-17 05:37:44 PM

Mother Krisha

We do need a updated timeline though. Lets see the trip I say is 4 weeks from western shores to the island and Mistclaw and the slavers are  1 and a half weeks ahead...almost two weeks ahead of the heros.

Lets see Mistclaw sailed off icly on 9th-...so maybe gets to island July 7th looks like

The heros sail off on 18th- So lets see they get to island looks like JUly 16th.

So yes  1 and a half to 2 weeks ahead of the heros.....

So a storm needs to be sometime next week, we can have the heroes viewpoint and the dibbuns viewpoint another day (icly its the smae storm but maybe gets to the heros one day and the  slavers/dibbuns the next or like storm in morning visits heros and goes to visit the slavers/dibbuns late evening.

#161 2020-06-17 05:55:09 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I won't be here next week (except for the 27th), just FYI.

I will keep making up ideas and see which ones you guys think are crap and which ones are good; I can handle that smile

Would Tuesday, June 30th, work for everyone for the Long Patrol DAB to do something?  I could also possibly do Saturday, June 27th.  I mean, I can also probably do Saturday, July 4th, but I assume everyone will be busy doing things with their families then, so I understand that's probably a "don't plan anything" day smile  (And everyone would be welcome to come spoof a leveret; no need to worry about if you have an LP hare or not smile )

#162 2020-06-17 08:28:52 PM

oz

Up date

Zolomon is not going, neither is Cole and Slaw....yeah Cole and Slaw broke something in the training room, carried a wailing dibbun around and...it was  decided they wouldnt last long on that ship and likely make it sink tongue

Now the question is...should Old Pete travel with them? There was talk of the old guy being a colonel even, ship likely needs one

I play:

#163 2020-06-17 10:53:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I will absolutely not be able to make it tomorrow, so here are my poses.  I give Krisha, Oz, Gregorian, and Terrence permission to spoof them; you guys get to fight over who spoofs them into the RP wink  (Elmef has a lot he has to keep track of already in this RP; I didn't want to add another thing on top of it all for him to remember.)

DoraRose and Felicity are here at the dock.  All their things are on board the ship already, including the mouse's axe.  Dora's left arm is still in a sling, and will be for another couple weeks (she will obey the Healer's orders, even though she doesn't like them).  The hare looks a little stressed, but she also had to say good-bye to her wailing and weeping baby sister, so maybe that's it.  She cares about her sister a lot, so her stress may be worry about how long they're going to be gone, too. 

Once the ship is named (and they highly approve of the name), they head aboard and go to their tasks.  Felicity will obey her Lord's orders to do her part to get the ship underway, proving that she is quite capable of being a ship hare.  She also orders those under her as needed, having given her last orders (for only a while, hopefully) to those at the Mountain already. Dora....well, she can't do much, and she's not sure what she's doing.  So she just stays out of everyone's way.

Nobody else is allowed to spoof these poses, and nothing else is allowed to be said of my characters by ANYONE.  But here are 2 poses to show them ICly getting on the ship smile

I apologize if my poses break the buffer sad

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-06-17 11:03:23 PM)

#164 2020-06-18 05:47:06 AM

Elmef

Hello all!

So RL has appeared with the giant RL Hammer of Responsibilities and I cannot be on until Saturday now
Set sail without me on the 18th
Other people can play Ciocan.

Quinten will accept command of the mountain from his Badger and stay at home and then make everyone's lives hell!
With his Lordship away on a dangerous mission with a large chunk of the patrol he intends to make the mountain spic, span and shine so that when they all get back it feels like returning home with everything sorted out and organised.

All those horrible little jobs that never get done because we are busy doing our day to day jobs
Yeah we are doing those! Cleaning the kitchens, inventorying the armoury, emptying everything out of the barracks and cleaning them from top to bottom.

Time line wise!
I am happy to leave the dates for the sea journey up to Krisha but abbey wise
I was thinking I'd run the next attack on Saturday 20th
With then something on Tuesday or Thursday
With another big attack on the 27th

#165 2020-06-18 07:49:06 AM

oz

I can be on today, but at 3est...

I play:

#166 2020-06-18 10:22:15 AM

oz

Never mind make that 1est I can be around sooner  smile

I play:

#167 2020-06-18 02:33:13 PM

Mother Krisha

Sea Storm on Tuesday the 23nd? or Tuesday the 30th? For our heros,hares and Ciocan to run into, the dibbuns/slavers can have a day they handle the same storm close to the date

#168 2020-06-18 06:50:51 PM

Mother Krisha

Ok as for arrival at the island as follows:

Mistclaw and her Slavers/Dibbuns- July 7th

The hero's ship- July 16th

I have storm date ideas up above, only 1 storm thinking the 23rd maybe unless something goes on at the abbey that day.

#169 2020-06-18 10:40:46 PM

oz

Old pete keeps the sentry area cleaned already hee hee

I play:

#170 2020-06-19 09:01:41 AM

oz

I found this its neat!

https://redwallrp.fandom.com/wiki/Terramort_Island

Its some realistic picture someone made of the island they are going to....and below is a map from the Redwall map and riddler

https://insight.randomhouse.com/fullpag … &pPageID=8

Hopefully this helps with the role play once they get there.

Last edited by oz (2020-06-19 09:03:28 AM)

I play:

#171 2020-06-20 01:19:12 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Y'all, I'm not feeling well today.  I'm going to be here, but I may have to leave early, and I may only have the mental energy for 1 RP today.

~*~

What do you guys think of my dates for LP DAB things?

~*~

I updated my "days I won't be here" post (which is the first link in my signature thing) this past week, so don't forget to check that out!

I'll look at the dates for the TP when I'm not sick sad

#172 2020-06-20 07:56:26 PM

oz

30th for DAB?

I play:

#173 2020-06-20 08:08:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

When would the battle between the heroes and the slavers be?  I won't be here to week of July 19th through 25th (it's finals week and the week of my birthday, so I'm leaving it open for RL stuff because I anticipate it being packed full of all the things).  I'm okay not being on for the arrival at the island, but I would like to be there for the final fight and the week or so after due to my plot twist with Felicity. 

Also, for the final battle with the slavers, I have decided I can run Matilda.  Since Oz will be running the main villain (the wolverine Gorax), that would give Elmef a chance to run Ciocan in battle, and also give him 1 less thing to worry about (since he also will have Oswald to keep track of, as well as if he'll be running anything in Redwall that day).  I think I can figure out how to handle running Felicity (in the middle of her plot twist), DoraRose, Matilda, and the Dibbuns; I think I have a plan that will help me make sure to run them all in each pose.  So this should work smile

~*~

Also, I had an idea: in the book The Legend of Luke, they met a pod of dolphins (https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Kweekum).  Maybe the storm could send our heroes off course some.  Then they meet a pod of dolphins, and maybe Ciocan and Varus could prove that they actually know how to communicate with them (which could be cool).  And the dolphins help them get back in the right direction!  They wouldn't necessarily need to have fallen behind the slavers in terms of time, or if they did, the dolphins helped them gain the time they had lost smile
Species that live around Great Britain (according to my encyclopedia) are the
White-beaked dolphin
Risso's dolphin
Striped dolphin
Bottlenose dolphin
Short-beaked saddleback dolphin
In the book, they were bottlenose dolphins, but I think, if we do this idea, maybe it'd be fun to have it be a different species smile  And Oz inspired me by having suggesting a hare fall overboard and get scared by something, so there's that wink

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-06-20 08:10:03 PM)

#174 2020-06-20 08:13:49 PM

Mother Krisha

Not sure when storm be...maybe the dolphins save a hare that goes overboard during storm? Or as Dora said storm blows them off track. SO storm on 23nd, maybe 25th...25th be best maybe  and elmef can have rats at abbetmy in 23nd...23nd is Tuesday  and 25th thursday.....think that be good

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2020-06-20 08:17:40 PM)

#175 2020-06-21 05:51:57 AM

Mother Krisha

Just saw blisa thing, hmmmm....well heros ship could be slightly off course and arrive 21st July  that's a tuesdsy and gives heros some time to plan. The 16th is a Thursday and gives more time plan how to....well find things ect..plan attack and maybe meet any possible beasts in cave and tunnels..I will post a timeline again with storm  and arrivals ect...and as elmef said he can post abbey events and blisa can post any DAB action at the mt.....maybe a DAB thing at the island since  they will be there a short while as heros are close to 2 weeks behind, for sure with the storm. THere is a chance to maybe catch up with the dolphin pod if they maybe seen a bad beast ship in storm or know of the island. I know the island is supposed to have seals anyways.....ok that's all for now.

Board footer