Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-13 01:49:45 PM

Henry the Poet

A Map to a Map OR 'I hope' is not very comforting - Sparra Civil War

~Setting~

The Infirmary of Redwall abbey, nine days after the war began.

~Characters~

-Leon, Master Healer of Redwall
-Quickbeak, Ancient former king of the sparra
-Yellowrose, Sparrow maiden

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

The first battle of the sparra civil war has ended in the victory of the pro-Redwall sparra. The forces of Warbeak have fled into the forest and the forces under temporary commend of Ironwood have moved down into the abbey. Both sides must gather allies if they wish to win the next encounter.
About twenty of the pro-redwall forces are wounded, including Ironwood. Warclaw's casualties are, as of yet, unlearned. Quickbeak, who went of to fight in the first battle, has still to return.
His fate is still unknown.

Thus is the sparrow civil war...
__________________________________________________________________________________

Leon had taken a day off, he needed a day off and now he is back to work in the infirm and he has some herbs to dry out on a table top as he spreads them out and keeps them separated by kinds of herbs.   

The Infirmary door creeks open fallowed by the little yellow head of the sparrow maiden Yellowrose.

Leon nods a hello and gets back to tending the herbs. He speaks to a novice who smiles and heads into the hallway. He then gives his attention to the sparrow "Hello."

"Greetings," Say the little sparrow. There is a long pause as she looks first around the room, then at the floor, then finally to Leon himself. "Could youum help me with something healerworm?" She asks quietly.

Leon listens before replying "Helpum with what?" Yeah he has learned better sparrow talk now.   

The sparra maid pauses before ducking behind the door. She reappears a moment later hauling a heavy leather bound book. With great efferent she drags the book into the Infirmary. She stands on the book panting heavily as she regains her breath. Then she speaks, "Meum do not know how to...um..." she stops and thinks trying to remember the word.

Leon bends down to look at the book "Whereum...find this and yes I knowum how read."

"Read," she repeats to herself, as she looks down at the book. "Meum must remember that. Read!" She looks back to Leon. "Itum gift," She says. "Edwardsprra give it to me before he..." She pauses and stares at the book.

Leon frowns "I am sorry" Least he is guessing she means died. He looks at the book to see the title and what it is about. He can let the abbot know of the book, or place it in the library or maybe the infirm depending on the book.

"Heum no died," Says the Yellowrose. "He...well he..." She goes quite and stares at the book agian. The book is titled 'A Map to a Map: a tome for finding'.

Leon hmmms " A map to a map: A tome for finding....." He blinks "Find what I wonder....just anything?"

The sparrow maiden stares at the book quietly for a long while. "He joined Warclaw," She says softly. Large tears start to run down her cheeks. "Edward joined Warclaw!" Then she breaks down into loud crying.

Leon blinks, OK crying sparrow "Meum is sorry...so sorry, I do hope this sparrawar is done soon we don’t need more trouble."

Yellowrose starts the get the crying under control. "But thatum be probable," Sobs the sparra. "Edward with Warclaw...so to end war... to end end war...Edward has to die!" She breaks down again.

Leon is unsure how to comfort a sparrow, "Maybe heum...getback to your side..hope." He tries to think how he would handle this and is unsure.

Unfortunately, the words 'I hope' is never a very comforting thing. The yellow sparrow cries loud and long. Eventually, her glides into a soft sobbing. "Do youum think..." she manages to sob. "Do youum really think, that Edward will join our side?"

Leon sighs "I do not know, it depends on how good friends or family youum are, guess time will tell...if he was good before its possible."

"Heum was good!" She exclaims. Then she looks at the book, her face turn red. "Heum good sparra..."

Leon nods "Then...'tis possible to have him join your side again and others too maybe" He looks at the book again and opens it to see whats inside.

The sparrow's face lights up at the hope of Edward joining the her side. She hops of the book so that the mouse can open it. The book's first page reads, "To those who wish to find, and to those who wish to be lost."

Leon blinks "Why would anyone wish to be lost?" He shrugs and looks over the first page and then the next one "I willum show Abbotworm this book, then see where best place it"   

Suddenly there's a flurry of wings outside and Quickbeak appears. The ancient bird lives on. Though he looks minus a few more feathers and plus a few more scars he's definitely in one piece and slowly walks in to the infirmary with a tired little chirp before hopping up on to the end of a bed. He'd come to see the injured while the loft was for the moment alright with Warclaw at least banished from the area.

The yellow headed sparra turns to the window. "KingQuickbeaksaprra! Youum be alive!" All the sparra that can turn to the old king and greet him with cries of relief.

Leon looks over and nods a hello to the king sparrow and waits to see what he has to say as the book can wait for now, but he will get it off the floor and onto a table.

Quickbeak tilts his head at the young sparrow as if questioning how there was ever any doubt "Time notta killee Quickbeak, foolsparra notta have chance" he is the great and powerful Quickbeak!...That one of his granddaughters insisted was not to dive in to battle. He tried to, he really did, he got as far as the outskirts of the battle and got in a few swipes of his claws but she just kept fighting his battles for him and to her credit winning them "Warclawfoolsparra outa leftnest. Ita safe atta moment" his attention shifts to Leon "Abbeymouseworm! How'um alla hurt sparra? Sparra live yes?"

Yellowrose sighs with relief. So the other sparrows.

Leon answers "Healerworm...try hard, yes most sparrow livea…one did die of badwounds, I am sorry...healerworms not always saveum all beasts." He has gotten fairly good with sparrow talk.

Yellowrose nod in agreement.

Leon nods "I agree. I hope ends soon.”

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-05-13 01:50:16 PM)

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#2 2017-05-14 06:13:00 AM

Henry the Poet

Re: A Map to a Map OR 'I hope' is not very comforting - Sparra Civil War

Greetings Redwall! I just saw 'Hope Can Be Recovered-Redwall Log' (here's the link ---> http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=316 go read it, right now!)

If you read the log, you know that there are links to songs. I think that's a great idea! I already pick thyme songs for my characters. so I thought, "Way not? Me log may not be as awesome as that one, but I can still post music!"
Wow, I am rambling.

Without any further ado... The thyme song, to the book--->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHyf_VTusOA

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer