Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-23 09:36:49 AM

Mother Krisha

Travel In This Weather Is INSANE!-Dibbun Slavers TP

WHO:

Mistclaw-Evil leader of a vermin band, slaver, hater of good

Kurgan-2nd in command, Assassin, Archer, and Fighter

Leigh-Healer from GUOSIM

Oz-Badger cub

Assorted Dibbuns-Spoofed by Oz and Mistclaw

LOG:

Mistclaw was NOT enjoying the weather that had gotten worse.A heavy rainstorm,the kind that floods and the kind that causes the river to run at double, maybe triple the speed,bit dangerous for a boat this size. The vixen mutters cuss words as she looks to the sails that the wind are starting to rip and tear "Someone put the darn sails down now!" As with the wind and the water speed right now they are for sure gaining a good 2-3 days of travel in likely half a day's time.

The storm is causing it to be hard to see, and there is a couple of times a falling tree limb barely missed the boat. Lightning flashes across the sky and thunder rolls! The wind howls and the boat rocks and sails as it's forced forward at a speed it should not be forced.   

Oz wails loudly from where he is in a small area on the deck, the boat only has so many places to stay mostly dry and that's below deck, the captain's room and this small little place where one usually can sleep at times or life boats are kept dry, well the lifeboat was throw out before they even set sail.   

The badger cub is not the only one wailing and crying in fear.So are several other dibbuns below deck, they also lack the chance to move very far since they are chained together and chained to a mast or bench. Shivering and crying and voices wanting "mama".."Mommy...daddy".."Mother Krisha..." This trip was bad enough,this has made it a lot worse. Luckily the ship has not gotten damaged, yet anyways.   

Leigh crawls over to where Oz is and tries to calm him down "Its ok Oz...it's ok its just a storm"She frowns a really bad one,even she knows any beast with a brain would get the boat to shore and anchor it.   

Kurgan is soaked but he has also not given an order to stop the boat.Wilson is sailing it and having some trouble as he wipes water from his face"We may have ta stop sur,it be wise unless ya want to crash and have dead slaves."   

Kurgan sneered "No...I have a magpie that told me we are being followed, this storm will help us get even further ahead of them, they are 4 days behind us,...maybe a little less than that, with this we can get even further away."He chuckles coldly,he was smart he believed,but also unknowningly a fool at the same time.   

Mistclaw marched to the main part of the deck and barely managed to stay upright.She eeped as they seemed to brush past some sort of rock."Kurgan we need to freaking stop! This is insane!" Yes they had gained 2 and a half more days ahead of the woodlanders and unknown to them the woodlanders had, cause they were smart, stoped till morning while the boat here traveled in the dark of the night,in a storm and a nasty storm at that.   

Oz whimpers and looks at Leigh reaching out his paws to her,she has been the only friendly beast on this boat he has seen.There was a couple of moments the vermin on the ship seemed a little friendly but that was rare. The only good thing was Kurgan kept any other vermin away from the badger cub so far.   

The dibbuns below deck tried to calm one another best they could cause in times like this they all got along and they all did not like the horrible storm.   

Leigh frowns, she dared not say a word and just held Oz close best she could.Him being a cub stil helped, she even started humming a soft tune to him to calm both her and him,she frowned that she could not calm the other dibbuns down.   

Kurgan sneered "No...we will not stop,we are useing this storm to gain more distance "A couple of his own men looked at him as if he was insane or more insane than he usually was. Wilson frowned "It will yes but also...."   

A loud...=CRACK!= as the pole holding the sail is sudenly broke in the wind.Lightning had hit it and a fire started, the burning pole was soon put out but the sail was even more damaged and torn in the wind as the pole,at the top where a rat...well was...in the crow nest just hangs limping and the rat had fallen into the rushing river current never to be seen again! The ship speed slowed a little and ran into some rough sand bar or something of the sort,It was a sheer mirical it had not gotten a hole in it yet,but there was a weak area or two not where it could.

Mistclaw tenses and gulps as she is afriad now,"Kurgan!" She yells "Now...thats an order as I am still in charge drop the freaking **** ****** ancor!!" She issuess other orders "get what is left of the sails down or never mind! We need to get to shore and repair it,look for weakness and repair those." Beasts suddenly started to do some as the storm still raged, maybe it slowed a small tiny bit but only a fraction,it was still fairly powerfull and bad to be on the river in.   

Oz whimpers, he had yet to be able to speak but he knew he didnt like this storm and likely never would like storms.

Leigh frowns as she scoots back with the cub and can only hope they do get to shore safely.   

Kurgan snorts but does head to shore after another few morments.They somehow get to an area that not too bad,maybe slightly muddly as he tries to look around, they were close to the swampland but toads very rarely came close to the river.He made sure the boat was on the opposite side of the river, on this side, there were trees anyways and maybe some berry bushes and such, they could repair the sail.He glaces over at where Oz is and snorts,the shrew did calm the cub down but he didnt plan on keeping the shrew too long as once it got older....yes that was a fine idea as he smiled, the badger could kill what would likely become a close friend to him, yes..yes he liked the idea.   

Mistclaw sighs and stands up once they get to the shore and ancor is down "Ok...we need wood to fix the sails...and"She snorts where would they find cloth right now,they still needed to get to the coast line and they were a lot closer now." ok you...rat check for weak areas we don't want leaks, fix them...and you rat fix any leaks,"She pints to a stoat and fox to get the broken pole down and to see if the weasel maid close by could sew the sails,or least somewhat and the rest they would have to figure out.She walks over to kurgan"Where are we?"   

Oz whimpers and snuggles close to Leigh managing to fall asleep   

The dibbuns below shiver and are still scared.

Below there is one small leak that a rat will easyly repair, a weak area is found and also quickly repaired, the dibbuns are feed some simple meal with water to drink .   

Leigh sighs as she somehow manages to also fall asleep,that was not a fun ride.   

Kurgan speaks "Swamp land on the other side...edge of it rather,no toads will bother us they rarely come close to the river they expect us to come to them...they may chase to the river if we were there but this side, they won't and can't get to...we are less than 3 days from the shoreline now"He grins"The storm got us a good way ahead,we were 4 days ahead...we are now 7 days,a week ahead and maybe even a few hours more. Now we can take 2...no 3 days to do repairs and gather some food..berries, fish, crayfish..something ."   

Mistclaw shakes her head, ok fine they were way ahead but still " 2 or 3 days? It could work if we have something for sail cloth, woudlnt haf ta be too strong as most cloth will do a short time , it just needs to catch wind and the river moves faster the closer to shore we get, we go up shore maybe a half a day after that to an old dock where Gorax said he will have a ship waiting, Gorax won't be on it, he will be at the island we head to...a good 3 weeks to get to...give or take a couple days depending on weather and all"   

Kurgan watches as repairs are starting, he shrugs" My men can work fast,sides this close we dont need a strong pole....a good tree trunk, ties to the old pole with strong roping should do for that long, we get this boat to shore and all the dibbuns are chained,we make them walk fast to the ship and leave quickly. Once we are on the sea....no one can catch us,they would need a ship or good boat them sleves and once they would get one,we be too far out to follow, the sea is a large place,one can go any direction and quickly too...so there is a plan...let the woodlanders see how they are failures and how evil can and will sometimes win, good doesn't always win my dear"

Mistclaw tail goes back and forth as she feels like stabbing the ferret but she doesn't. She gives orders to the other vermin to find what is needed so they can get off this shore as soon as possible. She then smiles,an idea "I think I may recruit some more beasts...I have an idea"   

Kurgan tilts his head "What is this grand idea and we don't have room for more recruits and sadly no more room for slaves,then not many live close by to bother with and I rather not take slaves too close to the western shores and attract certain attention from down shore"

Mistclaw nods in agreement "Yes Lord Ciocan and his longeared warriors...trust me you want to avoid him....my plan is this I hire a few sea rats, a few odd vermin to guard the ship."She holds up a paw to wait " But me and the others have already gotten the brrats out and leading them to the dock up shore to the ship, see..the woodlanders could catch up...think oh now we have them,kill some vermin,maybe even leave some of the vermin we have now that are not as....useful, no one needs to know the brats are not inside....the woodlanders get to fight, maybe one is killed and they learn they were tricked,gives us more time to set sail."   

Kurgan smiles "I like the idea...but I can keep watch just in case"He pats the crossbow and grins"Maybe have some fun target practice, but mainly make sure no one follows you. Those Mossflower beasts can be smart after all."   

Mistclaw nods "Yes but if I see them I am not hanging around long..I dont care if I have to leave you behind,I WILL leave you behind if I have to Kurgan.I know the way to the island and I dont plan on leaving slaves behind and you keep forgetting"She walks closer, "I am your boss, your my 2nd in command yes but I am stilll your boss..understand?"   

Kurgan nods"Yes....Master"He clearly dislikes her but will listen for the time being, he heads inside to the captains room, Wilson watches and shakes his head and goes to help with repairs since he knows a lot more of this ship than others seeing as he been on it for seasons.   

Mistclaw rolls her eyes as she sits down and mutters, the rain is slowing now and a small bit of early sun peeks down. The vixen stands and goes onshore and looks around,she smirks as she remembers a group of river rats that have a small settlement nearby, 3 dozen and she never did like them...it would be nice to hire them to guard an =empty= ship, lie and tell them slaves are below let no one in, this could be a way to get rid of this foul group of river rats she hated so much, throw in a pawful of beasts under her command who she has decided she can get rid of,they are no use to her as the fewer she has under her command to get those brat dibbuns to a ship, a ship that will have more vermin duhhhhh....the better. She sets off down a path.....

Board footer