Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-19 05:02:41 PM

Mother Krisha

A Funeral And A Serious Chat-Dibbun Slavers TP

Gorvenalus is here helping Benar,he also made sure he got some sleep and kept most beasts away from his quarters, helped with paperwork and got things ready for today, a sad day indeed but at least it had stopped raining. He lets beats come slowly to the graveyard as he stays by Benar and waits.   

Krisha stands near the abbot, she is quiet as she stands there, all this was so sudden.   

The Abbot is looking tired, but he is upright and dressed in his habit and has his staff. Which he is surreptitiously leaning on for extra support as he waits for everyone to gather for the funeral. He smiles at Gorvenalus, "Thank you for agreeing to run the funeral," the abbot murmurs to the recorder.

He sighs and looks around, "I... it doesn't feel right giving Ginny's service, she was here when I was a little child... I couldn't say goodbye... I think I'd break right now."

Standing nearby is Bellringer and temporary Gatekeeper, LilyMoore. The mouse maid is sad, but for now she has been handling her new job well, with help from her uncle. Butterclaw is next to her, a black bow around his neck. He looks a little worse for wear after a hard recovery from the drug that had knocked them all out, but he is doing better. Blisa strides towards the Abbot, leaving her bodyguards to stay by the mouse. "Benar," the cat says, looking at the gathering crowd. "Patch told me I needed to come, but he didn't say why. Who died?" Is the emergency funeral the reason she had to come? She has no idea.   

Gorvenalus nods hello to Blisa as he frowns "Patch should of..told more"He sighs "Sister Ginny died"He will update her better after the funeral. He clears his throat and starts "We are here today, sadly to say goodbye to Sister Ginny, it..was not her time and we know this,the past couple days have been hard for all of us here"

Krisha nods to Blisa quietly as she listens, looks like she seriously needs sleep.

Benar looks at Blisa as she comes over and reaches out to squeeze her arm, "Oh Blisa you came, sorry... you... have caught me on a bad day."   

Up close the chief will be able to see just how tired the old squirrel looks. He is putting on a brave face for the crowd who have gathered around the grave. From a distance he smiles and nods and is doing his best Abbot in control of everything impression. Up close oh he looks so tired and close to tears.   

"We can talk in my office afterward... we've... well it can wait. He then falls silent to let Gorvenalus speak   

Blisa raises an eyebrow, but nods and says nothing more, silently standing beside the Abbot as the beaver speaks. Angela has come out, too, and she is watching the Abbot suspiciously. He can not escape her watchful gaze! The Chieftain's bodyguards are all standing near LilyMoore, as are Emyuil, Zarok, and Terfil (the last of whom is watching the Bellringer closely). Butterclaw leans up against the mouse maid, obviously very tired.

Benar The Abbot knows Angela is watching, he gives her his brightest smile and then in time to the funerary traditions of Redwall rings the bell on his staff, the soft silver chime sounding solemn as Gorvenalus talks.   

Gorvenalus sighs "What happen a few days ago was...unexpected, but let us not talk of it now, today we say ..."He himself is sad but clears his throat" Goodbye to Sister Ginny who has been here a long time, many grew up with her...she was here helping 2 different Badger mothers and should still be with us today." He lets a couple of the elders say a few words of memories with Sister Ginny..   

Krisha would update the Ferravale Chieftain but will let Benar do that in his office. Sister Anna is with her and just starts crying.

Benar does let himself cry, in a sort of dignified manner, his tears falling down his muzzle as at the last he steps forward, lifting his head, "Ginny and I grew up together, she was older than me by a few seasons, a kind and friendly warm-hearted person. She has been by my side for more seasons then I can count... I am going to miss her more then I can ever express." he bows his head, the bell on his staff ringing.   

Blisa listens closely, hoping for clues as to what happened. However, she stays respectfully silent for now. LilyMoore wipes tears from her eyes as she kneels and hugs her Sparra friend close. Terfil is still watching her closely. Angela is still watching Benar closely. Good times.   
Krisha sighs and goes forwards " Sister..Ginney also helped me..alot and helped me better learn my badger mother duties and was there for me when..Oz died...she.." She is gonna break down and sniffs, she suddenly rushes off to hide and cry somewhere, well least she be a LOT easier to find.

The funeral procession to lay Ginny in her grave is solemn and quiet but once her coffin is lowered people start to break up and move apart. Ignoring Angela the abbot approaches Blisa, "Thank you for coming Chief Blisa," he offers her his arm.   

"We can talk in my office, I am afraid I need to ask for your help with something serious."   

Blisa takes the Abbot's offer of his arm. "Certainly. My bodyguards can find things to do." Ferdinand comes up, and the Chieftain informs him that she's going to be talking to Benar for w little bit. He nods and goes to keep track of the bodyguards. As LilyMoore helps lead them to the dormitories and the rest of the group goes about their business (although Terfil follows Lily, watching her closely), Angela follows the leaders, intent on checking on the Abbot.   

Gorvenalus decides to tag along with Benar, he does speak to some beasts quietly and nods "Ok someone can find Mother Krisha check on her as well alright" He gets a nod from Brother Rick and Sister Anna and then is off to follow Benar and Blisa.He will make sure no one bothers the abbey and once inside his office will close the door and sits down.   

A wake has been laid on in the great hall in Ginnny's memory, a large wreath of spring and early summer flowers made up with her name on a frame in front of the tapestry. As cake and tea and people gather in small knots to remember her the Abbot guides Blisa upstairs to his office.

Once the chief is inside the abbot looks out and meets Angela's gaze, he sighs and mouths, "Fine.. later..." at the old healer and shuts the door to the office and moves toward his desk. He is solicitous in making sure Blisa is settle, a cold drink or tea and making sure Gorvelanus is comfortable too. Then he moves to stand before the window looking down at the grounds, lost in thought for a long moment.   

"There is no easy way to say this so... last Friday, Mother Krisha, Ginny and Lily took the little ones camping. A visitor, a hare named jet drugged them and let vermin in through the south gate." he turned around, the sun behind him, his face in shadow and his eyes are burning, a light in them that Blisa might recognize, the light of a warrior on the edges of anger.   

"They stole our children Blisa, they murdered Ginny and Jet that poor sole, whatever hold they had on him ended in his death as well." he grips the back of his chair and stares at the chieftan.   

"If I did not have the safety and security of the entire abbey to think of, I would be out there right now with my Champion and the entire world would burn to bring those children back to us..." the light fades out of his eyes as he steps smartly and sits down and in the light it is Benar, the kind, gentle old abbot of Redwall once more.

"So I am afraid I am left to ask you by the terms of our peace treat to now discuss terms for lending us some of your warriors to help protect the abbey. Our champion and strongest warriors are away, the Log-a-Log is here with his shrews and Skipper is going to send a few otters but it will not be enough.."

He shakes his head, "Martin has already indicated to me that we must guard the home as well as hunt, word will spread, probably already has that the Champion and Martin's sword are away. Many will see this as an opportunity to strike at the abbey... I mean to make sure none can shatter the peace of Redwall, so that when Matilda brings the children home, their home is still standing..."   

He pauses and holds out a hand to Blisa, "Will you aid us, daughter of Mossflower, Chief of Ferravale? Redwall Abbey needs you."   

Angela doesn't believe that the Abbot is fine, but she heads up to her Infirmary for now. She'll catch him soon. Blisa sits and curls up comfortably in a chair, accepting the drink....which she has to set down once the Abbot starts talking. Her green eyes flash, and her tail lashes back and forth, poufing up angrily. Her gaze is dangerous, the kind of dangerous that hints at the crazy she keeps hidden. She goes to grab his paw with one of her own, holding up the other to silence him. "You need not say anything further, Benar. Even my villagers who dislike our treaty will help defend Mossflower and Redwall, if only to spite the slavers who took your Dibbuns. You have no need to fear." She decides to not tell him about her half-formed plan to monitor part of the woodlands herself with the help of her snake. What Benar doesn't know about Basilisk won't hurt him, right?   

Gorvenalus sighs "The vermin...planed this, and it all happen so fast, no one knew till the next morning what happen"He says sadly"I also think its affecting Krisha more than she is letting on, but your also very stressed Benar."He is not sure whom needs more rest the Abbot or Badger Mother.   

Benar says, "Indeed... Matilda has left with Xander, Caleb a young warrior visiting us and DoraRose..." he squeezes Blisa's hand, "There are threats, I have received.. hints of them but Martins spirit is with the sword and the Champion right now or...." he looks out the window, "Someplace further..."

Blisa gives the beaver a mildly irritated, offended look. "Um, please be careful with how you use the whole....'vermin' label." Since she and her villagers would fall under that label, she is a bit touchy about being called that. "I worry more for those monsters once Xander and DoraRose get a hold of them." She looks puzzled, though. "Where could Martin's spirit be? Could he be talking to the Badger Lord?" Why isn't he talking to me? is her silent question. She'd like to get a message from the guiding spirit of Redwall.....that could be helpful...   

Benar gives Govenalus a look when he uses the vermin word! But he doesn't comment, "Martin is... I do not know, beyond my sight... but something will come from the south I know that much... so we need to prepare the abbey but not leave the rest of Mossflower vulnerable."

Gorvenalus frowns"Sorry..."He is just upset "The slavers....something from the south? The abbey could be in...danger?"   

Blisa's tail swishes back and forth as she thinks. It's still all poufy from how upset she got. "From the south?" She can't really take Basil down that far. Too far from home. And the snake can't be let loose because he literally can't hunt to save his life. Plus, he's too pathetic to go when she tells him too... "That can't be good....I know my Ferravalians will be more than happy to focus on the woodlands and not step foot in the Abbey. I'm not sure how well we can help guard from the south, though."   

Benar leans back and closes his eyes, "I think... it would help if... there are a few of your ferravalians you would not mind or who you think would behave if they are stationed in the abbey?" he sits for a moment, "South... and the east, through the forest... that's all my dream showed me..."   

Blisa is quick to nod a reassurance. "Oh, yes, there are. But I will also send others to focus on the woodlands. I'll keep Patch out of Redwall, though. He's an excellent spy, but I don't feel like seeing how many creatures he can make angry with him."

Benar says, "Yes please keep him away for his own good, we nearly wound up holding two funerals, another inch to the right and Krisha would have caved his head in with a forge hammer.." he shakes his head, "I mean who provokes the badger who just had her baby stolen... what sane person does that..." he shakes his head and will see Blisa and Gorvenalus too the door, "I will speak to you both soon. For now I need... to get some rest. Thank you Blisa."

Blisa smiles grimly. "Dumb beasts like Patch." She goes to give the squirrel a quick hug before he opens the door. "I will do whatever is in my power to help keep my home-away-from home safe. I promise." And that includes taking her snake for some outings. Now she needs to tell her bodyguards and figure out some things before they head home...

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2020-05-19 05:05:53 PM)

Board footer