Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-08 04:34:01 PM

Henry the Poet

Still recovering OR Look on the bright side, you didn't start a war.

~Setting~
The infirmary of Redwall abbey

~Characters~

-Minsc, Hamstar Warrior
-Henry, Bird Bard of the Defenders

__________________________________________________________________________________

Minsc is finally getting up to walk or least try and walk as a healer on duty helps him go a few steps, he about falls as a sorry is muttered the hamster sighs "Tis fine...just back to the cot" He gets a nod as they head back to his cot and he sits down.

Perched on a nearby chair is a black throated sparrow. He looks on quietly as the hamster returns to his cot. "Well, you can stand, that be a good thing." He says in a very light sparra accent. In the other cots of the Infirmary, are about a score of wounded sparrows who had been coming in since yesterday.

Minsc nods "Tis a start, least the cause of my injuries is dead just wish it was I whom had killed him"   

"You kill some you lose some," The sparrow says with a shrug. "Just by glad the you mistakes have not started a civil war."   

Minsc frowns "Whats that supposed to mean? I didnt start no war, Quade tried to but he was never a friend, even when I sort of trusted him as I always thought him stuck up and rude"   

The black throated sparra starts to chuckle, which than devolves into hysterical giggling. Most in the room turns to look at the laughing sparrow. After a bit, he gets himself under control. "I was not saying that you started a civil war, wormfriend. I was saying I have."

Minsc asks, "You did? How?""

The black throated sparrow takes a deep berth and thinks for a moment. "How to explain," he says. "You see, I..." "Said youum could heal!" Chimes in one of the less wounded sparra. "Brought a worm unto the Loftnest!" Cries another. "Let the prince die!" interjected a third. "..It's complicated." Says henry.

~THE End~

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer