Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 08:39:37 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Jinora's gone; now what? (LP discussion)

Jinora has been gone for a number of months, and I at least am hoping everything is okay with her.  Additionally, it kind of brings up the question of "what are we supposed to do now?"

First off, I want to point out that, as of yet, she has not told us if she's gone indefinitely or if she's just gone until summer; we are receiving conflicting reports from people.  I have emailed her, but until she tells us for certain either way, we should just assume she's gone indefinitely.  I think we can vaguely say ICly that Jinora is conducting private business without getting any more specific than that italicized bit, wordlessly let Isla melt back into one of the nameless NPCs, and just ignore the rest of her characters.  That way, if/when she returns, she won't have too much to deal with.  What we say about Jinora is vague enough that she could literally make it into anything.

Secondly....

This game is and always should be a huge collaboration.  We all should work together, discuss things, and generally come to conclusions and decisions together.  No single player should be in charge of anything more than their own players.  That's why I'm always trying to create discussions about what we should be doing, what events we should do and when, what uniforms and stuff should look like, and so forth.  We should all be working together as a team.

No one is going to be in control of the group.  If anyone tries to gain control, tell Otter, and feel free to tell me, too.  We are all in this game together, and we should be working together; we don't have room for anyone other than Otter to be in charge.

#2 2020-04-20 08:49:25 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Jinora's gone; now what? (LP discussion)

I have Otter's input!

He said that collaboration is the best way to RP because otherwise the MUCK will die.  It's much better to just let people PLAY than to try to control them for RL status or whatever.  He is always up for letting people play together instead of telling them how they should play.

#3 2020-04-20 09:10:32 PM

oz

I know Gregorian and Dagda has granting so that good to help with new members and promotions

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2020-04-20 09:15:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I also have granting abilities, and I am willing to learn how to use them when the time comes.  smile

#5 2020-04-20 09:21:47 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Hmmmm
Jinora....retired? She is on a special mission...maybe time off...

But yeah no just one person saying I am gonna run the LP....

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#6 2020-04-21 08:02:15 AM

Mother Krisha

I don't know....but joining all into one unit, for the IC players be wise...the re can be a couple other units but they are NPC hares or maybe also ones rarely on

And I think your very correct on the having just one control a skills group is bad or just 1 be like nope doing this role play only and deciding who goes where.

Having everyone help is good, having 2 or 3..TRUSTED people help with ooc things like webpage stuff on group, keeping eye on trouble players, ect. We have had some leave game cause of a trouble player.

#7 2020-04-21 03:48:44 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Yes, I had forgotten about the webpage, Krisha.  You're absolutely right, that should be a group thing, as well.

#8 2020-04-21 08:46:04 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Yeah 2-3 trusted players deal with granting and fixing up the skills stuff on the skills page be good.....I know some players whom are  not on anymore, some connect once in a while and may or may not be some who want to join so we need to let possible new members know whom to contact to get into group.

Now when comes to role play everyone can place ideas down, thoughts on leaders maybe ect

Like vilfred has control over the skills group with GOUSIM...but doesn't mean I don't let others give ideas on role play just means I am the only granted right now anyways, then its like a group of 5  so far. The LP has a lot more so needs the 2-3 granters.

Anyways that's all

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#9 2020-04-22 09:30:12 AM

oz

Hopefully Jinora will see this and let us know  what yo say happen to Major Jinora for sure. Till then guess a... well she is somewhere doing something and she hopefully let the badger lord know

I Like the idea of all 1 unit and that there is a couple other units but those units are NPC ones OOCLY ...

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#10 2020-04-23 12:09:08 PM

Mother Krisha

I like the idea to make 2 units one unit for Lp...may also be good to place those less active in ghost and also to add those newer ones

#11 2020-04-27 05:31:45 PM

oz

Gonna fix up the patrol list thing so its 1 divsion....or least try

I play:

#12 2020-04-27 06:10:56 PM

oz

All up to date now we have a main division now....all IC in one group....other Divisions are full on NPCS .

We have recruits just NPC ones....

Also two NPC privates in the 2nd divison  are Private Cole and his twin Brother Private Slaw...(I'm sorry...its funny , thier mom was horrible at names tongue.  )

Last edited by oz (2020-04-27 07:16:20 PM)

I play:

#13 2020-04-27 07:08:44 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Thank you so much for doing that, Oz!

That is super funny xD

#14 2020-05-07 03:15:01 PM

LeeJ

Did Varus just get fired? Did y'all seriously just fire my Major?

Anyway, I'll be taking control of the Tenderfoot plot. I've been de facto running it for awhile, now, anyway.

Last edited by LeeJ (2020-05-07 03:17:01 PM)

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#15 2020-05-07 05:47:07 PM

Willow

Varus is still a major, no one changed ranks. Everyone just got put in his patrol:
https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Patrol_Divisions

#16 2020-05-07 06:24:37 PM

oz

???

Varus is Major still .

I play:

#17 2020-05-07 10:31:46 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

What made you think Varus got fired?  Legit nobody said that...or if they did, I missed it and am not cool with it...

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-05-07 10:35:10 PM)

#18 2020-05-10 09:14:34 AM

oz

I feel the need to add this seeing as been some issues with other players being spoofed or talked of we will spoof so and so...

My feelings and I am sure Jinora would agree...no one spoof Jinora or any of her alts. I also think the patrol just doesn't mention her in role plays as we do not know what her plans was.I know varus mentioned atop secret mission somewhere  and has said other hares have told him things(a couple hares that have players controlling them,they connect and then stay offline a long while or connect and go idleish). Spoofing anyone other persons character or their alts/spoofs is wrong...unless of course they said it was ok and I will usually ask that person  if so and so said it was ok to say this or that about your character,till then I usually just don't reply with much in my pose except maybe a listening to what is said etc etc.

All right that's all. Till we know no one has a clue what Jinora is doing or did ICLY,doesn't mean they talk of it they just keep it to themselfs.But yes , from what heard, she wont be returnng.

I play:

#19 2020-05-11 02:19:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The Varus/Adrian player has had his characters say they've had conversations with mine, and that my chars have told them things, all without my permission.  This is not okay and needs to stop immediately.  If he ever does this again, tell him to stop, and contact both Otter and me, please.  This is not acceptable. 

And yes, we should not mention Jinora or any of her characters as doing things.  Hopefully she'll come onto the forums at some point and tell us all what to ICly assume about her chars...

#20 2020-05-12 12:47:52 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Locking this thread. We will not be using the forums to police players’ actions. Public tattling is not constructive and spirals into drama and hurt feelings. If a person has violated news rules on the MUCK, contact Otter.

Board footer