Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 06:54:04 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

This gosling is a good person! (IC RWA Dibbun log 4/21/2020)

SCENE:
RW Abbey: Late Rose Garden
------------------------------------------------------------
The Rose garden offers solitude and peace from every-day life of the abbey.  A feeling of tranquility is presented through the roses and the open area that seems to flow over everything around.

Buds stud the plants along with greenery that shows through the last remnants of icicles that simplly /won't/ leave.  The last vestige of the winter snow has long since melted from the trainquil little spot -- seeing as it's a popular place for young couples it's no wonder that the new carpet of grass under foot is now trampled flat.  As it matures it will come back, but for now, it can remain flat. The little buds are already showing their colors, even a few of the early-bloomers beginning to come out and open up.  A lovely place to represent spring, no?
------------------------------------------------------------
Exits: (O)pen (G)round

CHARACTERS:  Benar, a male squirrel.  Gracie, a female gosling.  Various and a sundry spoofs.

LOG:
The Flower garden is awash with greenery and a riot of colours, fresh late spring colours it is also quite busy. The entirety of the DAB are currently here, the older ones picking flowers, the younger ones carrying baskets. It's just the DAB, or at least all the members of the DAB that the Abbot has been able to winkle out of them with the help of Krisha and Ginny.   
All of them occasionally shooting fearful glances toward the Abbot. Word has spread around how they managed to accidentally break Sister Ginny's arm and put Mother Krisha in bed and the Abbot read them the riot act and now instead of afternoon play time after school they are helping the Abbot prepare things for the feast. As Mother Krisha can't be here he has them picking the flowers she needs to do some prepatory flower arrangements.   
The Abbot has Brother Thomas, Sister Louise and Sister Rebecca helping him keep an eye on them as he sits in an iron chair at a small table and watches them all work.   

Gracie the gosling is literally just walking by the flower garden, minding her own business. She is not part of the DAB -- hasn't been for absolutely AGES. So she's not worried that she needs to help work (and get her precious blankie dirty, to boot). Unfortunately, one of the more spiteful DABers spots her and points her out. "Whot 'bouts /'er/?? SHE bes naughty!" The poor little gosling honks in alarm, clutching her blankie close in mild terror. "I...I....I no be bads!" Also noteworthy, Squirrelbabe has somehow managed to escape the work order and is currently nowhere to be seen.   

Benar looks up and over his glasses, "Gracie is not part of the DAB little one, nor was she responsible for the mess in the kitchen," he shakes his head, "Now back to work little one, though when you see Squirrelbabe, let her know for every job she skips it will go much harder for her in the long wrong." The abbot then turns, stern frown fading and smiles at Gracie, "Hello Gracie my dear, how are you doing today?" He is all smiles and warm towards her.   

The DABer scowls and returns to work. Gracie is still nervous, but she dutifully waddles over to the Abbot on her webbed feet. "Um....um....I's okies. I dunnos where Squiwwelbabe's at. She's supew naughty." She hugs her blue blankie as close as possible. "Why you cuttin' all da pwetty flowews?"   

Benar says, "Not all of them," He gestures at the garden, "We grow so many that if we do not take a few of them inside there would be too many," he smiles at the little one, "We are going to take them inside and give to mother Krisha who is not feeling well."

Frowning, Gracie tries to understand. "'Ow cans there be's too many flowews?" She picks a dandelion and holds it close. "Whys Muvvew Kwisha not /feeling/ well? Dids da baby in hew tummy make hew no /feel/ well? Is Muvvew Kwisha gonna gets all better wif da flowews in 'er woom?" It makes logical sense when you look at what the Abbot said.   

Benar says, "Yes dear, the flowers in her room will help Mother Krisha smile, maybe you can help me take them up to her later..." he points a finger at a mole dibbun trying to sneak off, seemingly noticing them without looking around. In reality Louise gave him the nod but to the dibbuns it looks like he has eyes in the back of his head, "You... Regi, back to work," the mole sighs and trundles back to the others. "But yes the baby in her tummy means Mother Krisha is very tired."   

Gracie smiles the tiniest bit. "I coulds 'elp? I wanna 'elps Muvvew Kwisha smile!" She watches, wide-eyed, as the Abbot chastizes Regi, having also missed Louise tipping him off. The gosling wilts a tiny bit. "Um....uh, why da baby makes 'ew /tiwed/? Can she makes it stop? I wants to play wif da baby." Because little kids tend to have many disconnected thoughts.

Benar smiles, "The baby is still growing inside Mother Krisha, but they will be with us soon i am told, just a couple more weeks at most," he stands up and looks at the flowers, "I think that is enough everyone, bring your baskets over here then you may all go."   

Gracie looks nonplussed. Babies grow inside their mommies? What bizarre new information! But she is distracted by the other Dibbuns bringing over their baskets. Gracie shuffles nervously as some of them glare at her a little. She hugs her blankie and preens her wing. The DABers take their leave as soon as they can, escaping to go do whatever in the world Dibbuns like to do with their lives.

Benar stands up and offers his hand to Gracie as he picks up the larger basket Sister Louise has just transferred the flowers into, "So Gracie, shall we go give these to Mother Krisha?"   

Gracie hesitates, then nods, slipping the tip of her wing into his paw. "I wantsta makes Muvvew Kwisha smile! Do you fink she'll like dis?" She holds up the dandelion, which she has suddenly decided to give to the badger as a gift.

Benar says, "I think she will like that more then all these," he jiggles his basket, "Because you picked it for her Gracie."

Grinning, Gracie looks immensely proud. "Den let's go!" The gosling goes to lead him to the Badger Mother's room, eager to present her gift. Well, and the other flowers, too, but let's face it: her dandelion holds center stage now.   

Benar heads off with Gracie toward the abbey building, the pair heading to the Badger Mother's room to deliver their flowers, it is a bit of a walk from the garden back to the abbey and the Abbot is taking it slowly for Gracie's sake. "So what else have you done today Gracie?"

The gosling has to think for a minutes. "Well.....I did /school/, an' I don't like /mafs/. I ate /cookies/ wif lunch, an' I /drawed/, an' I pwayed wif Lily an' Butterclaw 'cause she's /fun/ an' he no makes fun of me. Biwds are /scawy/." Seeing as how Gracie is a bird, that's a sad statement. Although seeing as how she's a very nervous creature, it also doesn't say much. Everything scares her to some degree. That's why she has her blankie with her at all times.   

Benar says, "Well that is no good," he smiles down at her, "Not all birds are scary, I should introduce you to some of my bird friends, they won't make fun of you either," He smiles, making a note to talk to Krisha about how nervous Gracie is, they'll have to do something to encourage that out of her gently, "Well let's head inside and give these to Mother Krisha," he opens the door back inside and waits for her to go first, "I am sure she will love them."

~*END*~

Gracie is fun to run! big_smile  She loved giving Krisha the dandelion wink

Thanks for reading!

Board footer