Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-14 06:42:01 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements

Okay, first up:  Everyone just take a deeeeeeeep breath while counting to 3. Hold it for a count of 3.  Let it out slowly, counting to 3.  Let's do this a couple times until we feel a little better.

Okay. 

Okay.

I know everyone is probably dead tired of hearing about this pandemic, and I fully understand.  I also fully understand being afraid.  It's normal, and it's okay to be scared, especially with something we none of us have lived through. 

But I want this to be a comment thread where we can avoid talking about how scary it is and instead focus on practical things, as well as encouraging each other. 

Breathe...

~*~

My college has gone online-only until April 10th, at least.  My library is closed to patrons coming in.  So far I can get to the YMCA, but if that changes, I may start hanging out at the houses of friends because I don't have internet at home.  I will do my best to still get on at least once a week.

It's okay; let's try to not freak out.  I mean, just look at the small percentage of people who actually die from this and just try to not endanger those people.  I'm planning on continuing my life in as much of my normal way of doing things as I can, and if I get sick with anything, I'll just stay home. 

With my college closed, I don't know as of yet how it will affect my on-campus job as a tutor.  I'm hoping to get an update about it sometime this next week.

I am still planning on doing the ball in Salamandastron on the 19th, and I hope each and every one of you who has a hare on the Western Shores comes, too.  We can't infect each other through the internet, and we need to keep these things that bring us happiness and fun in our lives, as well as continuing to celebrate things, or we will go insane from the panic.  Please continue to come on, no matter how much fear the media tries to feed into us.  Please?

And you know what?  Some things are still okay.  I walked outside, and there were birds singing.  Spring is still happening, making everything pretty.  I still have my friends I can hang out with, even though the city my church is in has forbidden us from having services.  I still have my kitties who love me and help me stay sane.  There are things that are still okay.

~*~

Consider this the place where we can warn each other about possible internet access issues.

And remember to mention things that are still good.

#2 2020-03-14 06:52:12 PM

oz

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements

So NO ILLNESS ROLE PLAYS! AT ALL....

Ok so lets role play happy things smile

Spring is coming yes ...so abbey, even Sala...is getting ready and planting seeds for furture crops.

Maybe we can role play some cool thing is Ferravale.....some market....something or other.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2020-03-14 07:00:33 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Yeah

Happy is good....

I should be able to be on most days....but saturdays and sundays might be iffy after the 22nd......then its like monday-friday.....

We can come up with fun role plays I am sure......in Ferravale...the abbey....The Long Patro!...The shrews!!!!

Speaking of shrews Log-A-Log is gonna give his son a name and thats sort of like a lets party thing....we shall have cake and cookies!!!!!!!!1

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#4 2020-03-15 02:50:38 PM

Mother Krisha

Have common sense I say

Wash hands while singing Happy birthday twice....

Also role play some fun things, and yeah no illness role plays please I agreee with that.

We can role play snow melting finally and the abbey getting ready for spring planting time, working in the gardens plowing and ready to plant  seeds...checking supplys and such. Maybe an OH LOOK  green bits of grass poking out of the snow how wonderful.

Krisha is due to have her child eith last week in may or first week in june(ICLY EARLY but its not know yet...as its supposed to not come till like late july/early auguest so its gonna be a little early and yeah there will be some problems right before and after it's born but no like OMG illness...(something called childbirth fever sort of thing, no worries the Badger Mother is not dying..maybe almost but she will live and be fine just maybe need a lot of help 2-3 weeks fter her dibbun is born)

More For now stuff:

*Stories around the fire pit was mentioned
* Some sort of the woodland market is finally open day
* That cool spice merchant is back in the area...get those spices and stuff we need like sugar,salt,spices...ect

Other ideas?

#5 2020-03-15 05:06:48 PM

oz

In the Redwall world....

we can hug

we can shake...umm...paws

We can be closer than 6 feet and be in large groups! Not that there is any large groups of 100 or more usually...well maybe at feasts

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#6 2020-03-17 12:37:25 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Warmer weather is here, sort of warm...melting snow or mushy snow happening now too

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#7 2020-03-23 05:53:32 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Okay, so!

All the YMCAs in my area are closed.  Restaurants and coffee shops are carry-out/drive through only. 

However, I have friends who are letting me come over to their houses to use their WiFi, including for the MUCK.  And another friend has loaned me her hotspot for emergencies. 

However, I am struggling with my math.  I am planning on still coming on on Saturdays, but because of how difficult math is for me, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to come on on other days.  I'll have to see.

#8 2020-04-09 01:06:31 PM

Redwallgal

Yeah...staying at home can be boring but it saves lives

#9 2020-04-09 01:35:47 PM

oz

I say role play

Its spring so....there is planting and gardening and stuff like that to role play

Maybe Spring cleaning and walks, stuff like that

I play:

#10 2020-12-15 08:34:09 PM

Log-A-Log

And......I may have another reason to hate this week...hope not. Hoping it's just flu.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#11 2020-12-17 12:23:33 PM

Log-A-Log

Not Covid!

But still flu....guess flu is good in this sense. Flu is still not fun and still can't go anywhere but.....in this case it's better

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#12 2020-12-17 02:53:40 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Yay!  I'm glad your test came back negative.  I hope you get better quickly; the flu is no fun sad  But I'm very happy it's not something worse!

#13 2021-01-05 03:03:37 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

hey, guys.  i may have been exposed to covid-19 again, and there's a chance I'm actually showing symptoms this time.  I'm hoping and planning on being tested tomorrow morning, so hopefully by Thursday or Friday I'll know for sure.  I'll try to let y'all know either way.

hope to rp soon!

#14 2021-01-05 05:00:58 PM

Log-A-Log

Lets hope you don't have it. But yes get tested just in case.

#15 2021-01-07 11:40:55 AM

BlisaMarshmellow

#16 2021-03-23 04:40:34 PM

Log-A-Log

And....I post here. I am having to quarantine  till April 5th.

I am fine so don't panic and scream.  I just got exposed and might have a mild case of stupid covid...and internet st home is not always great so...may not be on much till April 5th...but then again most of my characters are busy or traveling ICLY..

Elbio- On way to Redwall and set to arrive by April 6th.

Xavier- Busy at the GUOSIM camp as it slightly floods and he and his shrews get the camp fixed up for the spring feast!

Anil- prince of the Sparra..so boring  royal lessons..so many lessons!

Zoltar- He is gonna rest,  recruit, do vermin things....so yeah Zoltar wont do much till end of  April..then we travels to the western shores!(A post in the LP explains.)

SO see ya all on 6th!!!

#17 2021-03-23 07:18:54 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

thanks for the update!  i hope and pray that you'll get better quickly <3

#18 2021-03-25 08:12:08 AM

oz

Just had 2nd covid shot ..Sooooooo.....if I am not on next couple days, gonna try on saturday...then Blame the after effects of 2nd shot.

I play:

#19 2021-03-25 03:40:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Okay!  Thanks for letting us know smile  I hope you're alright.  I prayed for you!

#20 2021-03-28 09:47:01 AM

Log-A-Log

If anyone concerned...I am fine and feeling better. I also have some better internet at home so might be on sooner than 5th.

#21 2021-03-28 06:44:14 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#22 2022-01-22 11:44:06 AM

oz

Covid ......is.....
EVIL!!!!

My family of 3....has it now.
So taking 2 weeks off cause lots bed rest, liquids, mostly liquid soup....yeah.
If Covid was a vermin horde it would so be hunted down and slain.

I play:

#23 2022-01-22 02:24:09 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

oh, no!  prayers for you guys to get better soon sad i had covid at the beginning of january and i can attest that it's no fun.  rest as much as you need <3

Board footer