Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-14 05:23:20 AM

The_Brony_Marek

You are Not Ready

Defender Headquarters: Training Ground
This is an intricate and well-crafted training ground. A large square area has been sanctioned off using large rocks as it's boundary. Inside the area are several wooden practice dummies, a few archery targets, some cloth punching bags and what appears to be a hand-operated rigging system for firing crossbow bolts into the air. A smaller area marked off by stone circles has been quartered off so as to allow for both sparring and paw-to-paw combat training. It would seem Marek has thought of everything.

Xander was getting annoyed at this training, awake before the sun was not something he liked too well.

Marek raised his blade “Again, you need to learn this Mr. Xander, its important and you must stay alert.”

Zee watched from the sidelines,” Stay alert Xander, ears and eyes always open, and stay focused as well”

Xander grumbles and then goes to swing his blade at Marek, he miscalculates the move and goes a little too high.

“Never overextend your thrust. You are vulnerable... and off balance!” Marek says as he goes to shove the young badger backwards.

Xander oofs as he lands on his behind and snorts as he slowly starts to get back up.

Marek lays a sword at his neck “Now you’re dead…” He steps back and shakes his head “Never take your eyes off an attacker Mr. Xander.” He looks over at Zee” Perhaps we should do this later, I need to get back to the tavern before noon.”

Zee nods as he takes over for a short half an hour. He wanted to try and have a training day with Xander, but so far it was wearing him out to do much himself with the younger badger , he had managed to block a couple moves, “Good…good so far Xander, maybe stop for today lad” He said quietly putting away his blade back into his staff and leaning heavily on it.

Xander lowers his own blade slowly, “I could do more push-ups or sit ups, we only been doing sparing a few minutes.” He then notices Zee looks pretty tried “You ok Uncle Zee?” Concern is in his voice as he puts the blade back on his back and walks closer to the other badger.

Zee nods as he sits down, “Yeah just tired Xander and sure always good ta stay in…in good shape, I will just sit fer a few moments while you do some sit ups and push-ups.” He looks around and points out a low tree branch, “You can do a couple rounds of chin ups as well lad. A warrior must stay in shape, exercise and do their best to stay healthy as well, spar when one can as well. One must be healthy in mind, body, and soul.”

Xander nods and then proceeds to do push-ups and sits ups on the ground. He even does some jumping jacks “And it helps me stay strong too right?”

Zee smiles slowly and nods “Yes, it will Xander…Xander how about we cut training short today and take in some late autumn fishing, ya know before the pond freezes over.”

Xander shrugs “I don’t know, fishing can be boring “

Zee chuckles “I fished with your mother once, then she hated it and once fished like an hour, caught pond slime and never tried to fish again, didn’t learn patience, an important virtue by de way lad”

Xander frowns as his mother is mentioned “Why did mother never come back? Didn’t you tell her I was back, I mean didn’t she care about me?”

“Of course she cared about ya lad, why would you say such a thing?” Zee asked the younger badger.

Xander answers “Well she hasn’t yet.” He shakes his head and then goes to pick up his blade again “I want to practice more Uncle Zee, let’s do that instead of talking bout mother.” He goes to swing at Zee.

Zee, even if tired, blocks it with his staff and frowns, ”Xander…calm down please your upset, a true warrior shouldn’t let something get to him, especially before a battle”

Xander rolls his eyes “Wot ever…let’s just train. I am good. In fact I am ready for The Blade of The Northwind Storms. Where is it?”

Zee sighs “Your get it when and only when you’re ready lad and you’re not ready yet. And as fer ya mother, she loves you every much and I did recently send her a letter…on a couple important things recently”

Xander is half listening, “I am ready, I am 6 seasons old …..and I am strong and quick.”

Zee shakes his head “No you’re not ready Xander and ya grandfather wielded the blade at 7 seasons and he EARNED de right to wield it and so will you.”

Xander yells “YOUR WRONG!!” He goes to slice at Zee, some anger showing.

Zee quickly manages to block the blade and then goes to force the younger badger backwards into a tree” You ARE NOT READY…you are NOT! Never…-NEVER attack in anger, your mind is clouded…” He backs off and takes a few deep calming breaths and coughs a little as he catches his breath.

Xander gets a look of surprise as he goes against the tree and then once Zee backs off tears go down his face “I…you just don’t understand me…..and if Mom cared she would of just not left Mossflower ever and she would of..of come back…..”

Zee frowns “Xander…please”

“I HATE YOU!!! “ Xander yells before he runs off into the woods and doesn’t look back, in fact he collapse into a pile of leaves and starts sobbing, so many emotions flooding his mind it’s too much for him.

Zee reaches out and frowns, a few tears go down his own face….”Xander……”

Mossflower Woods

It’s hard to say how long the young badger sat there on the log, till the rat showed up and sneaked up behind him “Why ya here kid?”

Xander jumps slightly and looks behind him and frowns “Oh it’s just you”

Patch blinks “Just me….wellllllllll your lucky it’s just me, any other rat seen this as a perfect kill the woodlander moment, didn’t that old stripe…..ummm badger teach ya anything kid bout staying alert?”

Xander frowns and looks at the ground “ Yeah…guess….”Tears go down his face.

Patch blinks and then waves his paws “No no no…no tears I won’t be blamed for this and why ya all alone anyways?”

Xander sighs “I..I got lost and I..I told Uncle Zee I hated him and I don’t hate him and now he thinks I do”

Patch looks back and forth and sits down by the badger, “First I know old stripes and I be sure he knows ya don’t hate him….least fairly sure. You should go back and talk to him”

Xander frowns “But…I don’t know what way to go…I’m lost.” And the fact it’s dark now is not helping.

Patch thinks, great he is not the watcher of teenagers, he then grumbles…then again the old badger gave him gold and chestnuts to watch some dumb chest, a dumb chest for the young badger and he could lose the gold, or worse the candy chestnuts “Tell ya what kid…I have a nice campfire, some fish…follow me….well?” He gets up and starts walking till he gets to a campfire where he has cooked fish, or half of one and some mushroom stew, and luckily water to drink.

Xander smiles and eats his full and then lays down by the campfire and soon falls asleep. He is warm but still has cried himself to sleep. He feels somewhat safer, but still lonely.

Patch sighs and lays down nearby, “Teenagers…..” He looks at the sleeping badger and smiles weakly before going to sleep himself.

Meanwhile Zee has gone to the tavern, worry on his face as he has drank down his 5th ale. Marek decided right then and there to stop the drinks “I will look for Xander Mr. Zee…..you try and get some sleep…ZARAM!...Take Mr. Zee to his hut, I need to get together a couple other beasts and lock up for the night” He exits and the mole nods “Course zurr”

……………………………………

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2016-12-14 05:34:24 AM)

Board footer