Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-04 08:06:13 AM

oz

Stress Builds!Part 2 -REDWALL LOG

Who:

Patch-Spy,Ale Maker,Tavern Worker..Annoying Rat

Krish-Badger Mother

Gorvenalus- Brother in Order and Recorder

LOG:

RW Abbey: Great Hall
------------------------------
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.
----------------------------------------------

Patch had avoided an argument, somewhat anyways and likely should of just let but he decided to stay for breakfast, cause the food is good here , and it seemed dinner got messed up and he missed the abbey dinner so here he is.   

Krisha walks into the great Hall, seeing Patch she snorts "Your still here, thought you be..elsewhere Patch"She sounds less than thrilled to see him. She has her oatmeal with hot root and some mushrooms, it's good to her...and green tea.   

Patch looks over and shrugs "I wasn't told ta leave lady...and last night was annoying and..what are you eating, mushrooms in..oatmeal, ya nuts or is all pregnant beast like this?"

Krisha narrows her eyes at the rat," You are rude, you are annoying and after last night I rather you walk away and..just leave ..me...alone"She is moody ok and the rat is not helping, least she has the morning off as she got a bit ill last night.   

Patch chuckles a little " Hey your de one who ate that wood pidgion and Stripy didn't even make it....Well not in the abbey..then ya waste the rest cause of some crying mouse maid and ohhhh the birds, the birds...good grief, and you both threw things at me..I mean wheres de peace?"   

Krisha holds back a growl, she glares at the rat "Leave the room, go away and her name is Lilymoore and she is my friend or at least i think she still is..as for what I ate I will never eat it again...and you and Xander shouldn't either..I mean..they ..talk?Do they?"   

Patch rolls his eyes "Oh good grief...they do not..the slap around and go coo coo coo..and they act dumb and who cares who is whose friend...gee you pregnant beast are grumpy and soon your be grumpy and fat...and have who knows what sort of craving"

Krisha eyes flash slightly as she stands and goes to get one of the normal chairs from the table "Wot?"She is getting..angry, "Did you say?"

Patch chuckles "Your moody and fat, well not fat yet ..ya will be and your starting to eat like a hare and like every tiny thing gets to ya..ya even slapped someone ."He doesn't look at her and just goes on and on, "The friar won't have ta worry about any possible hares, you may as well be a..part hare..what ever ..am I right?"
Krisha lifts the chair above her head and growls at the rat"LEAVE!!!" Oh it echos in the room and likely other rooms too, her face shows anger and any novice in the room decides they are so leaving and quickly!"Leave before I have to explain why your a stain on the floor!!"

Patch chuckles "Stain on the...huh?" He finally looks at her and pales, he may of even wet himself as he backs away and gulps, he runs for the entry as fast as he can and decides to just go on to the road after getting what ever he left by the gatehouse, gee he can move fast when needed.   

Krisha drops the chair and it breaks the backing off, she sinks down to the floor and starts sobbing, stress is not something she needs right now, not right now.   

==Half an  hour later==

Krisha is moody and stressed and it's clear beasts kind of want to leave her alone right now. She is still sort of laying on the floor where she been the past like 30 minutes, crying...though its slowed some.

Gorvenalus frowns, he heard something about a chair and Patch, he looks at the badger and walks carefully closer to her "Mother Krisha?"   

Krisha seems to sniffle and doesn't speak right away, then finally does "Why....why ..how can one be ..so annoying, then again why should I care....I did something clearly horrible...."   

Gorvenalus asks, "What did you do that's horrible? Surely cant be that bad, can it?"   

Krisha says, "I ate wood pigeon and Xander didn't clearly say what it was, it just smelled good and I liked it and so ate it..twice and then I find out wot it is and..I feel so bad and that rat Patch didn't help at all!"

Gorvenalus says, "Ahh..Patch..I would try not to worry on him too much..what did he do anyways?"   

Krisha frowns "Called me moody and how I would get fat...and couple other things, he was rude and I almost broke a chair over him, but he ran"   

Gorvenalus nods, he notes the broken chair "Well a chair can be fixed, but lets not worry on Patch or the chair, are you ok?"   

Krisha sits up from laying on the floor "I didn't fall..if that's wot your asking"She wipes her eyes and frowns "Just...stressed...like a lot. I know it's not good for the child..or me.Maybe a couple days off will help, let Sister Anna and Sister Ginny tend to the dibbuns"

Gorvenalus nods "I can ask the Abbot about it, here let me make sure your ok..any pain? Any feeling ill? Anything?"   

Krisha sighs, "No pain..just..sore throat and I ..rather not burden any beast...with...this and what about the whole wood pigeon thing..isn't there like a rule? I mean you and the abbot are likely stressed....cause of...birds saying this or that or Lilymoore or others and it be my fault"   

Gorvenalus smiles "I am fine.....and yes you ate wood pigeon but you can be forgiven..as you said you had an odd craving..I knew a hamster that wanted to eat paper of all things, with pepper and salt, now that was odd"   

Krisha asks, "Paper?" She sighs but will let him check on her. Maybe a little shaky but her breathing and pulse seem fairly good, "Paper sounds..odd"

Gorvenalus checks simple vitals and speaks "Yes..it was odd, only had in maybe 3-4 times, then ate a lot of pasta noddles and bananas....bananas were a food from my island, there is none here but Minsc may send some once the weather is warmer, perhaps in time for the summer feast"   

Krisha chuckles slightly "Maybe that' good...probably end up something I wanted all the time..like strawberry mint tea with honey...its good but green tea not like black tea"   

Gorvenalus nods and stands up from where he was making sure she was ok "Well...did you want some tea now? Or maybe something else, I can help you to stand and you can go to your chair"   

Krisha nods, she will allow the help up and get to her chair "Maybe some .....apple slices with hot root...and cucumbers, and yes the tea"

Gorvenalus smiles and heads to the kitchens and comes back with what was asked of him "Also as for Lilymoore, I am sure she can forgive."He sits down in his own chair, "Patch...well guess he needs a talking to, perhaps Xander as well, more so Patch though...what did Xander do, anything?"   

Krisha leans back and just eats her food, sips her tea then finally " He yelled at Patch and said that why was I grumpy I ate it too, so I slapped him and threw the rest of that...foul stuff at the both of them and walked off"

Gorvenalus nods as he hmmms " Patch is likely close to being...perhaps not banded but asked to kindly not come back, I think one has to do something fairly major to be kicked out for any permit time"   

Krisha sighs, "Well now that I know..what it is...never want it again...Lilymoore said she..could understand wood pigeon....why would..any creture want to eat them then...I should of not even tasted it or even ...."She sighs stupid pregnancy cravings, what's next she wonders.   

Gorvenalus pats her on the arm "It will be ok , you cant change what has happen just try to..see the now and the future. Tell Xander your feelings, and Patch...well he is another story. I am unsure why some creatures ..eat them, I know some beasts who eat dove...see them in the woods sometimes, some foxes that go back and forth along the road...I had a friend eat eels and snakes, I was asked to try it and just never did, told them I had dinner earlier but thanks for the offer"

Krisha nods "I can..try"She frowns "And I wont be ..eating wood pigeon, anywhere...I could care less of Patch...Xander.."She shrugs "I don't ..know..maybe talk to him later, I need some sleep now"She stands and heads to bed "Thanks for the talk Brother Gorvenalus...goodnight"

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer