Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-29 04:32:08 PM

oz

He Had A Funeral..For His mug?!-LP LOG

WHO:

Zolomon- Corporal, Archer and Runner in the LP

Old Pete- Retired Major, Former Fighter as retired now.....old grumpy  teacher and sentry beast

Zeldove- Private,Archer and Fighter in the LP

LOG:

Salamandastron: Recovery Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
This is the recovery room for the Long Patrol. It is the place that, once
initially treated, injured Patrollers retire to convalesce. As such, it is
dimly but pleasantly lit, the lantern light casting a calming light on its
inhabitants. One row of cots have been provided for short term patients,
with a bedside table between each, while the long-term patients receive
considerably more comfortable lodgings. With curtains for privacy, the beds
are larger, they have extra padding, and When in season, fresh flowers are
kept in evidence. A small bookshelf with a rotating selection is kept well
stocked. The other half of the room is devoted to providing therapy to the
recovering Patrollers. All healer supplies are stored in a long row of
cabinets that line the wall from one end to the other, and from floor to
ceiling, while the rest accommodates a variety of therapy tools - light
weights, balls, jumping ropes, and other such strengthening equipment.
Crutches are hung neatly on pegs on the wall.

Zeldove was here, stuck in the infirm a couple days, her only time off and soon she be back to kitchen duty,likely double kitchen duty knowing her luck. She sighs, why did she sneak off, ok to avoid punishment only to lead to trouble and need rescued and then get even more punishment.   

Zolomon peeks into the infirm, he is the one that decided to bring some soup and water, seeing her awake he walks over and sits down the tray, but for now he is quiet.   

Zeldove looks up and smiles "Company..."She studies him "Ok your...not speaking, wot happen now, that upset over me sneaking out..I am fine, well mostly fine..couple cracked ribs and a sprang ankle"

Zolomon finally speaks "Ya threw a mug at me and then ya sneak out, and you almost got taken by a slaver, your lucky Ciocan happen to be in the village to hear wot happen from Mack and Caleb and then sent out some hares, but not me...some others.."He frowns and then replies "Bu I am glad your ok, but thar is still the issue of..."He looks to the door and to her "The mug ya broke on the wall"   

Zeldove listens as he speaks and frowns more and more as he goes on, she sighs "Let me guess..was it Ciocan's mug or something?"

Zolomon frowns as he looks at the floor "No..worse.."He is still nervous "It was Old Pete's mug...his favorite mug, like something he had when he first was a recruit here ....he even had a funeral for the mug"   

Zeldove ears droop "A..funeral..fer a mug?" Ok that's a little drastic isn't it she thinks. "I mean..we have lots of em..right?"

Zolomon frowns "That's not..de point...."He shakes his head "It was his favorite mug..like no one touched it ever, they were always a Afraid to..even Ciocan left it alone and the one mug ya choice to..pick up and throw..and break into itty bitty pieces..was that one"

Zeldove would frown worse if she could and shrugs "Well it's not like....it can be fixed and if he..had a funeral for it, it's likely..buried now...well ok so do I tell him sorry, get him a new mug or something?"   

Zolomon frowns "That isn't gonna do any good..poor old Pete is heart broken now."He then adds "He is making me do sentry duty for the next couple days..so he can morn the lost of his mug"   

Zeldove rolls her eyes "I say he is over reacting..goodness all that over a mug, I mean thar is how many like..it.."Hmms was it different, she isnt sure now, it may of been it was just close to paw, she she mutters "Why put it there in de first place"   

Zolomon shrugs "I don't but he he is likely thinking of the worse punishment know to hare kind and he been here..since like before Lord Sebasiien was here. He is like..old"   

Zeldove idly picks at the bandage on her ankle "Inst he like retired?"   

Zolomon nods "But he sticks around and does sentry duty and he also teaches a like Math and History of the mountain class, interesting class the history one I went to a few of them"   

Zeldove says, "Ok..but like everyone else that's retired are in ..Halyard or elsewhere, didn't one hare go on some sea adventure life or other""   

Zolomon says, "De only one that has came back, full duty, from retirement is Major V...least he doesn't have a favorite mug, that I bally well know of""   

Zeldove asks, "Besides that anything else I should know?"   

Zolomon nods as he goes to hug her "That I was very worried about ya Zelly..I wasn't allowed to go help look for ya, then makes since..sort of"   

Zeldove smiles, ok hugs she likes. "Didn't mean to worry you Z..I am sorry and..sorry about the..mug"   

Zolomon smiles, he then frowns again "Well ya need to tell Old Pete sorry bout de mug, not me but likely not today...maybe tomorrow...or day after that, think de poor chap wanted left alone a couple days"   

Zeldove sighs as she leans back again, still the mug,then again she did mention it again"Yeah..suppose."   

Zolomon shrugs "I..well you didn't see him..I did."   

Zeldove says, "Can we not speak of the mug"   

Zolomon nods but then.."Not speak of de Mug...and why not lass!" It's Pete! Zolomon backs into a corner while Old Pete glares at the hare maid "Ya killed me favorite mug, had it since de first day I started as a recruit..a gift it was and now tis gone, in so many pieces..shattered ...my poor mug, least it has a place in the catacombs now."He looks at Zolomon"Wot be a fitting punishment?" Zolomon shrugs "I..."Pete snorts "Never mind ya wouldn't punish her..ya love her....."Grumble Grumble...   

Zeldove blinks and would so leave, if she could "Umm..errr..sorry?"

Old Pete just glares "My mug...came to get it...it was shattered in some many..tiny..bits"Oh and the tears, this mug meant so so much"I know..gonna find a toothbrush make ya clean..clean..I will find something!! Ya will clean it with a toothbrush and small little tin bucket of saopy water ya will"   

Zeldove looks at Zolomon as if to say save me, help me.

Zolomon frowns...nope he is not interfering in this, sorry! Old Pete sees the look oh he does..."He is not helping ya lass.....Ya gonna scrub de kitchens top and bottom..and sides and the dinning hall, and wash the dishes and pans till they shine and I will stand thar and watch ya I will, not even Ciocan gonna be able ta make the punishment go away"   

Zeldove ears droop and she speaks "Umm..he is sort of the..umm..well...boss here so ya would have to listen to him if he said...no" Shes correct right...right!?   

Old Pete snorts "Oh no...he knows not ta over rule this one"He grins and its creepy "Your mine..see ya at sunrise lass."He turns and walks out the door...ok. Zolomon frowns and stays in the corner, and waits till the old hare is gone "Ok...Old Pete is.. sort of...yeah your doomed"

Zeldove whimpers a little and sighs, her fate is sealed, she glaces at him "I been better off if it WAS Ciocan's mug..wouldn't I?"   

Zolomon has to think a bit on that one "I..have no clue lass, sorry but likely yeah, just..no more throwing mugs into the wall just in case ya grab one ya rather not grab"   

Zeldove groans,"Can this get any worse? I mean a toothbrush....I will be the next old hare by the time I'm done"   

Zolomon chuckles a little "Nahh..ya won't..Old Pete will be here for Seasons from now...he will just have someone to push him around in a wheelchair, he is in good shape remember the tavern"   

Zeldove manages a small chuckle "Yeah...he kicked butt"   

Zolomon grins "Old Pete is cool and comes up with..."He shivers "Very bad punishments..no wonder others are so..careful around him and so quiet in classes"   

Zeldove says, "But wot bout training and all that, I have that..cant do cleaning anything"

Zolomon says, "Well looks like ya have this but I am sure he will let you likely have a lunch break, then back ta cleaning"   

Zeldove says, "Does he have family here or..no?"   

Zolomon asks, "Old Pete?...Don't think so...he did have a grandson and a daughter but they ..died in the siege at Redwall."

Zeldove nods "Oh...that has to be sad"She lays down "I need some rest..for sure if I am up at the crack of dawn..to clean..not gonna be fun"   

Zolomon good ear droops "Sorry Zelly....I am sure your...survive..I should head..out now, check on some things and..maybe check on Old Pete."

Zeldove nods as she sighs, ok so in the catacombs there is a small tomb for a mug...and no she is so NOT ,visiting it.

Zolomon slips off and yes, indeed there in the Catacombs is a small box tomb with the words =Here lies the mug of Old Pete, it will be sadly missed==

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2020-01-29 05:38:58 PM

oz

Re: He Had A Funeral..For His mug?!-LP LOG

***Saw this and so added it as its clearly very important and I am sure  Zolomon, Greg and Terreance got a notice of this since looks like someone is off  any duty till further notice ***

Zeldove is here, stuck here and strangely wishing she remain stuck here for a while longer.A bandage on her foot paw where its sprang and tight bandages on her chest from a couple cracked ribs, she sighs why did she sneak out to avoid kitchen duty, it was a punishment yes and now she has a worse one.   

The door swings open and someone Zeldove is probably hoping wouldn't hear about her little escapade is standing in the door. General of the Mountain Home Guard and the beast in charge of arranging those chore rostas Quinten. The older hare walks in and shuts the door and peers up from the sheet of parchment in his hands and looks over his glasses at the young doe in the bed.   

Zeldove looks over at the hare , when she notices him and is smart enough to give a salute "H..Hallo sur..umm nice eve?" Well least he isn't scary looking like the other hare was.She stays quiet and sits up better slowly .

Quinten walks over and looks down at Zeldove then rolls up the parchment, "I just read a very interesting report about a certain doe who snuck out of the mountain, got herself injured and skipped out on her chores... I must say this is not the sort of behavior I expect from any hare who wishes to be a part of the Long Patrol."   

Zeldove frowns "It was..sort of a double chore from Talking back to Lt. Greg....and I didn't ..plan to get into trouble it sort of..kind of happen"She frowns."GuesS you spoke to that old major Pete"   

Quinten says, "I didn't need to speak to anyone," He shakes his head, "I hear most things eventually when the report lands on my desk, first you're disrespectful to an officer, then you try to avoid the chores assigned for this behavior, then you get injured tying up valuable infirmary resources. I must say young lady this behavior is not painting you in a good light."

Zeldove ears droop some, "I'm..sorry"She knows better to say how someone was super bossy, "I figured..someone else would do it."Seems she isn't always great on keeping her temper down"And I know...to clean the kitchens and the dinning hall and..dishes too, think in the morning" She looks like she wants to say more but for now decides not to.   

Quinten shakes his head, "I think not..." He tilts his head, "We cannot have a Private in the ranks who cannot obey orders, and certainly a private doing chores when she has already attempted to bunk off them is not acceptable. Your orders once relieved from the Infirmary are to report to your barracks, you are relieved of all duties, both patrol and Home Guard chores whilst I take your case to his Lordship... I am afraid we shall have to seriously consider if you have a future in the patrol or not," he looks over his glasses, he may not look scary but the disapproving light in his eyes is clear to see.

Zeldove frowns "But...but..I don't want kicked out of the Patrol...and..and wot about the ...cleaning the kitchens and ..some other room with this toothbrush that's wot that one old old...how does he even get around..hare said I was gonna do"
Quinten says, "The Major has... a strong belief in the older forms of punishment..." He taps his chin with the scroll then shakes his head, "But no... if there is to be a punishment handed down it will be set by his Lordship or myself, you have two marks of insubordination and an injury on your record now Private... I am afraid you are in a lot more trouble then just doing some extra chores... you could very well be stripped of rank and kinked out of the patrol for this sort of behavior and some extra chores are unlikely to improve your attitude."

Zeldove frowns, oh boy she shouldn't of talked back, or skipped  out on punishment to,, have fun in Halyard "I...."She looks at the floor, she frowns as yeah she could of easily gotten the 3 hares that came to help save her hurt or worse, but lucky everyone got back safe "S..so when is the..chat gonna happen?"

Quinten says, "I have a meeting with his Lordship scheduled for next Monday," he flicks his ears back, "Until then you are relieved of all duties for the patrol and have been removed from the rosta of your squad pending a decision from his Lordship," he looks down at the young doe, "Perhaps this time will give you a chance to think about your behavior and if you really want to belong to the Long Patrol."

Zeldove speaks "I do..I do want in. I'm s..sorry"And she clearly is.."Wot I did was..stupid I..I know..now"A tear goes down her face.   

Quinten inclines his head, "I will keep that in mind when I speak to his lordship, you will be summoned on Monday to give an account of your behavior to his lordship and a final decision will be made then," he sets the scroll down on the table, "I suggest you read this, it is the Oath you took when you graduated as a Private, maybe it will remind you why you are in the Long Patrol," the General then turns and heads out, shutting the door quietly behind him.   

Zeldove frowns and looks at the scroll and slowly goes to reach for it and then goes to read it slowly and frowns, she needs help with her anger issues and she intends to work on that..somehow or other.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer