Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-20 10:26:15 AM

oz

Old Maps and Scrolls-Ferravale Log

==So I got on as Matilda and she has taken a small trip outside the abbey==

WHO:

Maltilda-Champion of Redwall

Texo-  Architect of Ferravale

Rupert- Recorder of Ferravale

-a group of 3   Guosim  shrews -spoofed by Vilfred

LOG:

Matilda keep the sword of martin with her as she walked through the village “I thought we were going to the Mill, this looks like the housing area Texo, where are we going I would like to do this search and rescue as soon as possible.”

Texo frowns “And the mill collapsed, it covered the hole or least most of it and looking threw  burnt wood, stone and such took take ages, I mean this could as well but ...and Rupert is our Recorder, our Historian “ He comes to the door and knocks, then waits.”

There is also 3 shews with them, for now quietly seeing what is going to happen.

“What!” And the door opens to show a rabbit with glasses, he looks at Texo, the Champion and the shrews and right away sighs “Enter my dwelling as this must be of significant importance to you since you have the Champion of Redwall with you” He offers a place to sit and has tea in a pot, he gets some mugs, seems he is use to company once in a while, pouring tea he speaks “So..what is it you require of me?”

Matilda enters the home, and looks around “Your Recorder of Ferravale Rupert?” She remembers seeing the rabbit in the abbey a couple times.”

Texo enters” Well most know of the fire at the mill, there is more and yes Blisa was told before we came here. Log-A-Log and Nardo fell through the floor into a cavern under the mill, but  like an hour after that the mil caught fire and..I don’t know, but  there may be someone who set the fire, I mean a fire couldn't have just suddenly started that easily and when I was on the way to find help...this dark brownish red furred weasel said just let them die cause  he hated woodlanders and nardo seemed a friend of the woodlander..and then he walked off and I didn't think on on much till later..cause..well..there are others that dislike woodlanders but of those they wouldn't harm them..well inside the village, I mean...maybe ..one or two could possibly harm one”

Rupert rolls his eyes “Do breath Texo and so we have beasts in a Subterranean environment. And your needing maps I suppose” He sighs but walks over to section of his library with old scrolls and maps, a couple look stained, one slightly ripped that he is extra careful handling as he sets it down.” There are very fragile, so no touching!” He lays a couple out so they can look at them , there is indeed tunnels under one part of the village and slightly beyond, and like 3-4 mines and a couple caverns and caves.

Matilda looks over the maps as she sips a small bit of tea, “How old..are these Rupert?”

Texo eyes widen as he looks over the maps and scrolls “Interesting and explains how when the old tavern exploded..Marek was able to survive somewhat, there was a sort of tunnel under the tavern..”He frowns “But..we..is there a map of the village to compare to this?”

The 3 shrews also look at the map as one speaks “We need to find Log-A-Log “
“I think the hare  is helping”

“I think he be a rabbit”

Rupurt looks at the shrews, an eye twitches ever so slightly, he stays as calm as can be “I am a rabbit, do commemorate that knowledge”

Matilda raises an eyebrow at the rabbit and clears her throat “Map of the village Rupurt, old map even and one of these we could maybe take with us?”

Texo watches the shrews and frowns, “They argue a lot don’t they” He says to the Champion, “How do they like...get things done? Or does Log-A-Log better..umm..help with that?”

The shrews all look at Texo, one snorts “And if we take too long we may not even have a Log-A-Log fer anything ya...annoying beast.”

Rupert just looks at the shrews “They like to debate a great deal but are Zealous warriors when needed” A glance to the champion as he wordlessly walks over to a shelf, scans the scrolls and maps and pulls one out  and lays it before them “This is where the mill...well what's left of it is, this is the caverns and Subterranean of the tunnels, as you can see a cavern...tunnels, but some likely caved in now but a lot..solid enough as likely old supports naturally there as they form..underground on there own or maybe build by moles and such seasons before the village ws, well as it is today or maybe some other creature built them maybe, sometimes old currents of water make tunnels underground and then become long gone,leaving...solid..semi safe but wouldn't trust them..tunnels”

Matilda looks over the maps “Ok this is the mill location and on this map the cavern..oh I see where some underground river may of been long time ago, maybe that's the tunnels now.”

Texo nods “Some collapsed during the time Quade was around, think another collapsed during that siege of Ormaz and just..well..time?”He shrugs as he doesn't totally understand it “Maybe moles or other beasts made support beams as there is some in the old mines, one mine did collapse...no clue of this one south of the village gates and..one sort of  west a little of that one but if you look the tunnels lead to…”He traces ait and smiles “This one!”He grins.

“Then we go to that mine, we go now” Says one of the shrews

“And how..they have de map genius ..”

Rupert just face palms and shakes his head “Here..”He hands over a couple maps “Be very GENTLE with these or else!” He then scoots them outside, all of them and slams the door shut, seems he wants peace and quiet the rest of the day.

Matilda blinks and looks at the maps “Ok then, he is grumpy, let’s get to that mine”

Texo agrees and leads the way “It's like 1⁄2 mile or so south of the gates, a..little warning its an old path so expect weeds...though not so much in winter but there is thorn bushes and even dead thorn bushes still have sharp thorns on them and it's not like we had a reason to..well...keep it clear, and the path could be covered, hard to find so..well I am sure we can find the old mine, can’t be that hard” He then adds “Hopefully”

The shrews  huddle for a moment and then unhuddle and follow the two beasts “I say we try our best, how hard is it to go south and west a little ways?”

Matilda just frowns”A mine is not always some side of the hill, so could be harder than we think, you do know what your doing correct Texo?”

“Of course I do, but it's not like I explore much on..weedy paths that just look...like some path that leads to a place you rather not go, like your find..something you rather not sort of thing, ya know...wait till late spring and early summer that place will look  a lot more nightmare like..it's already nightmare like in wintertime”

“Lets just go already, Log-a-Log needs us” A shrew mentions

Matilda nods “True, and the sooner we find him and Nardo the sooner we can get back to the abbey”

==AND HELP IS ON THE WAY, WILL THEY SUCCEED...OR FAIL?!..STAY TUNED!!==

Last edited by oz (2020-01-20 12:16:46 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer