Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-16 09:54:35 PM

oz

Checking On Dominik- LP LOG

WHO:

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Zolomon- Corporal, Runner and Archer of  Long Patrol

Dominik- Private and Fighter in Long Patrol

Felicity-Sargent and Runner in the Long Patrol

Terrance- Sargent and Fighter in the Long Patrol

Varus- Major and Fighter in the Long Patrol

couple other Long Patrol Hare spoofs

LOG:

Salamandastron: Recovery Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
This is the recovery room for the Long Patrol. It is the place that, once
initially treated, injured Patrollers retire to convalesce. As such, it is
dimly but pleasantly lit, the lantern light casting a calming light on its
inhabitants. One row of cots have been provided for short term patients,
with a bedside table between each, while the long-term patients receive
considerably more comfortable lodgings. With curtains for privacy, the beds
are larger, they have extra padding, and When in season, fresh flowers are
kept in evidence. A small bookshelf with a rotating selection is kept well
stocked. The other half of the room is devoted to providing therapy to the
recovering Patrollers. All healer supplies are stored in a long row of
cabinets that line the wall from one end to the other, and from floor to
ceiling, while the rest accommodates a variety of therapy tools - light
weights, balls, jumping ropes, and other such strengthening equipment.
Crutches are hung neatly on pegs on the wall.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Dominik is over in the corner on his cot, the large hare having sequestered himself away from anyone and everyone who happened to enter the infirmary. And since word had spread about the incident and who exactly it was that was currently in the infirmary, most if not everyone had stayed away...save for the healers who would occasionally check on him and redress his wounded paw. The paw had begun to heal, though it still tended to ache quite a bit, and Dom still was taking some of the medicine he'd been given to ward off any pain. He had smacked the wall hard enough to break a piece of it off, and that was a pretty sturdy wall down there...he'd done quite a number on his paw. At the moment, Dom is slumbering lightly, his knees drawn up against his chest, his cheek resting on his knees and his face facing away from the door so only the back of his head and his ears are scene. It's an unusual way to sleep, but...well...it -is- Dom, after all. Not expecting any visitors, Dom usually spent most of his time in here sleeping.

Well, the white hare is getting a visitor! Felicity peeks in, clutching a sheaf of papers to her chest. "Dom?" She walks in and closes the door behind her. "Dom, love? I'm comin' t'check on ye. Sorry I couldn't visit y'earliah. Bein' a Sergeant is more work than I evah thought." She sets her papers on a cot, then walks over to her friend and stands at the end of his bed. "'Ow's y'paw?"   

Ciocan is outside in the main part of the infirm, he waits to go in and gets a report from the healers. He has meant to check on Dominik but then got busy and had to deal with a couple issues before being able to come and check on the hare, after a brief chat with the healer on duty he goes to open the door to the recovery room.   

It takes a few moments before the massive white hare stirs, a little, his large ears giving a twitch or two, his head shifting and turning ever so slightly so that a blue eye peers between his arms at the visitor. As per usual, he was a light sleeper by necessity; it was something he'd learned while growing up and it had always stuck with him to this day. He was aware of any noise and any presence, and for the most part it served him well. Noticing who exactly his visitor is, Dom stares at her quietly with that eye, more than likely aware that she had been told everything that had happened, and it caused him to feel more ashamed, since he knew she was likely disappointed in him. His shoulders slowly rise and fall in a sigh, and finally, his voice can be heard, softly. "...hello, Lissie." Ears perk again as he hears the door being opened...he cannot help but wonder what the occasion was; two visitors at the same time on the same day?Dominik also notably seemed to not respond to the question about his paw.   

Felicity smiles. "Aye, love, 'tis me. I 'eard 'bout whot 'appened, an' I came t'make sure y'okay. D'y'need t'talk 'bout it?" If she's disappointed (which she isn't, really -- she's more worried than anything), she doesn't show it. Concern and empathy are all she allows to show on her face, in her body language, in her tone of voice. She also looks tired, even though she's trying to hide that, too. She's been studying about toads, craziness, and mental things late into the night. To the point that, except when she was on duty and working with the hares under her, she hasn't really been seen.   

Ciocan stays by the door as he opens it and then slowly closes it as he steps more inside the room. He quietly looks over at the hares, he then speaks quietly "How is he doing Sergeant?"   

Dominik's eye disappears once again as he tucks his head behind his arms once more, and he remains that way for a few minutes, falling silent as he ruminates over Felicity's words. If there was anyone in the mountain who likely would be safe from any of his episodes, it'd be the Sergeant...for whatever reason, the large buck felt calmer around her than the others. Which is good for her at least, anyhow. His voice is heard behind his arms, a bit muffled though still able to be understood. "Not sure...vat can talk about, Lissie. Dom make mistake, little vun pay for it. Not allowed to see, anymore. Almost kill Zol, -again-." That one seemed to be a recurring theme. "Almost hurt Greg. Almost vish...didn't come back, stay in swamps. Can't hurt others, in swamps..." Ciocan's voice reaches his ears, though he lets Felicity answer that question for him.   

Felicity gives the badger a look that carries all the worry she's trying so hard to hide. "Um, 'e's makin' progress, Sah. 'E 'ad a relapse -- I wrote out whot I was told an' put it on y'desk, dunno if y'saw it yet -- but I'm sure 'twill get bettah." She has her own doubts, which her worry-filled glance to the Badger Lord may have communicated, but she quickly hides it all again under her mask of concern. She gently sits beside the big buck and goes to rest a paw on his arm. "'Ey, 'ey....I know. I'm sorry." Tears start to well up in her eyes, revealing just /how/ tired she really is. She's getting less and less able to hide her emotions the past few days of studying. "I can see why y'd be wishin' y' 'adn't come back. But y'were 'urtin' us, in a way. I can speak f'r m'self when I say that I was very, very worried 'bout ya, love. I'd rathah y'be 'ere than in th'swamps. This way, y' 'ave a chance t'get bettah."

Ciocan stays by the door for a few moments while he listens to the Felicity speak and steps closer as he studies Dominik, he then clears his throat "Well...Private Dominik is staying here, at the mountain and not going anywhere else. We ALL help him to get better, everyone that can as the patrol is one large family, we help one another and are thar for one another."   

Dominik flinches just slightly as Felicity rests her paw on his arm, not expecting the contact...but after that initial bit of surprise, he doesn't do anything to shrug her off or push her away. He listens to her speaking with Ciocan, his face still hidden by his arms, and eventually he lifts his head from his knees and peers down at the doe sitting beside him. His blue eyes are damp and a little reddened, though no visible tears fall as of yet. "Lissie no need for sorry. No need...for apology. Is Dom one who should apologizing. Should not...have gone after to..." He pauses, catching himself before that word is uttered. "...enemy...." he replies, instead. "If Dom had not done this, vould not be here. Lissie...would not be upset. Leetle Grace, not upset, not afraid of Dom." The mention of this causes a tear to streak down his cheek, his muzzle creasing in a frown. It seems pretty obvious what the main thing is that really hurt him about the whole situation...seeing Grace terrified of him, screaming and crying over something he was doing. As Ciocan speaks, Dom shifts his gaze in his direction, watching the badger quietly as he listens. "Vhy, sir? ...vhy vant to help? Dom here is causing dangers...to everyvun. To leverets, to you. To everyvun."

Felicity lets a tear fall, and she pulls a handkerchief out of her pocket. Very gently and a bit slower than she normally would, she goes to try and dab Dom's tear away. "Dom, love, 'tisn't y'fault, an' even if 'tis, we can't change th'past. Nor can we worry 'bout th'futah. There is only now, an' we can all choose to change our destinies." She may or may not be also talking to herself a bit, there. "We can fix this, Dom." She tries to get him to meet her gaze, blue eyes to blue eyes. "I would rathah be 'ere, tryin' t' 'elp you, than out alone on the beach, doin' m'stupid solitary Patrols like I used to." She glances at the badger and smirks. "No offense, Dom, love, but I'm pretty sure y'can't really put 'is Lordship in dangah. Y'may be th'biggest buck in th'Mountain, but 'e's still biggah."

Ciocan is bigger, like 8.5 foot tall but that isn't his concern as he speaks softly "Because..we are family, I care for ALL of my hares. I worry for ALL my hares...and you do belong here not anyway else and for sure..not there"He has decided to not mention the swamps right now."Friends help, talking helps and sometimes things take time and understanding"   

Dominik allows Felicity to dab away that tear that had fallen, the large buck listening as she speaks, his eyes meeting hers. He seems to ruminate over her words, those eyes showing that he is most certainly thinking them over and rolling them about within his head. His shoulders heaving in a sigh, he gives a dry chuckle. "...solitary patrols, no fun. Vould rather be anyvhere than alone on beach, looking for searats that vil never show up. But...Dom appreciates thought. Is thanking you, for words, Lissie. Mean a lot." His eyes shift over to the badger, watching him as he speaks again. The buck is not quite used to that type of acceptance, especially from the leader of the entire mountain, and so he isn't quite sure what to say. He looks from Felicity, back to Ciocan, then back to Felicity again. "...not think I could beat Lord Ciocan...?" he responds, perhaps in more of a joking tone, with a hint of disappointment sprinkled in.

Felicity smiles warmly as another tear trickles down her cheek. "I nevah lie," she reminds him as she gives his arm a squeeze. "An' aye, I'd rathah not be alone lookin' f'r vermin, eithah." At the big buck's question, she bursts out laughing. "I'm pretty sure y'can't love," she manages to inform him after a moment, wiping more tears from her cheeks. She hasn't laughed like that in a long time, so Dom had better be happy about it.   

Ciocan chuckles a little himself but dosnt say more on the who can and can not beat him in some fight." As I said...you are family...we are family..and we will see to it you get better."He smiles, he himself has been a bit down the past week, maybe even avoiding a lot of beast as he stayed in his room or maybe the Forge,even kindly asking someone to leave the forge at least once and quietly working on things before going to his room but he can't stay in his room or the forge all the time, he needs to be there for his hares.   

Dominik reaches up a paw to try and catch the tear that trickles down Felicity's cheek, trying to return the favor in his typical Dom awkwardness. "But...looking for vermin not -bad- thing..." he reasons. "Alvays good to...keep eye on shore, make sure...no one get dumb idea to invade mountain vhile...still short-pawed." The large hare glances down at his bandaged paw, flexing it back and forth as much as he is able despite the bandages. He still winces a little, before settling his paw off to the side, fixing his eyes back on the doe. "...but...how does you know?" he asks. "Have not...ever tried." He looks over to Ciocan, a small smile curling on his muzzle at his words. "Family...still fight, yes? Mebbe ven Dom is able...can have sparrings vith Lord Ciocan?" Way to go, Lissie, you just planted a very bad idea in his head.

Felicity lets him catch her tear. "Lookin' f'r vermin isn't a bad thing, no. But doin' it alone? Eh, that's where it starts t'not necessarily be th'best idear in th'world." She goes to (veeerrry gently) hold his broken paw, worried about him damaging it further by flexing it. Her eyes widen slightly. "Whot? No...I mean..." Oh, yeah, there's no way she can talk a path out of this. She looks at the Badger Lord for help.

Ciocan seems to listen as he looks at Dominik now, another chuckle "Sparing match?" He seems...maybe interested? Its hard to tell right now.He offers a smile.   

Dominik thinks Felicity's words over, for a few moments. "...vould say Dom vould be able to handle vermin alone, but..." he frowns, ears folding back against his head. "Ven thinking this last time, did not end very well. Is thinking...Dom must change tactics, change how vil do things, in future. Sometimes, things cannot be done by vun's self. Is...thinking Dom beginning to realize this." The buck smirks. "Took many beatings and other things to realize. Mebbe in long run...is best." He allows Felicity to take his bandaged paw, the buck's eyes shifting over towards her. It does ache a little, but doesn't really seem to mind. As Ciocan repeats that particular phrase Dom had brought up, the hare genuinely smiles for the first time in the last few days. "Yes! Spar. How can Dom know if best, if not spar vith best?" He raises his eyebrows, looking to Lissie. "Is thanking for idea, Lissie. You come and vatch. You see."   

Felicity can't even! The badger seems to like the idea! She looks to the ceiling, since the Lord of Salamandastron is obviously not going to help her. "Well, y'can't spah until y'bettah, an' we'll only know y'bettah when we /both/ agree y'are, wot!" Hopefully that'll keep him from challenging Ciocan for a while. She tries to now shift the conversation back away from this crazy idea. "May'ap we c'n do patrols t'gethah then, too, along wi' th'othahs from our patrol. I mean, I'm a Sergeant, an' y'a Private in m'division. I'm sure we could do small patrols someday." That would solve the whole 'alone' problem, at any rate.   

Ciocan speaks now again "No one does a patrol alone, no..always have a t least one other hare with you, also no long trips for a long while." Is he thinking of the idea of a sparing match though? Very possible, "And of course Private Dominik needs to get better."

Dominik's memory seems to be jogged by something...perhaps it is Felicity herself, or perhaps it is something she'd said, but...nevertheless, the buck does happen to change the subject from someday fighting the Badger Lord to something a little less...life-threatening. "Lissie..." he begins, quietly, glancing down at his bandaged paw, which is held within the doe's. His gaze lifts again to hers..."...vould mind if...Dom could see leetle Julia, soon? Vould be in here, not catacomb. Is sure she heard vat happen. Probably from leetle Grace," he sighs, ears giving a twitch. "Vant to show...is not going to hurt leetle vuns. Mebbe if do this, leetle Jools could tell leetle Grace that...Dom not so scary?" He gives Felicity a hopeful smile. "Zol gave Dom idea. Is going to make somethink...for leetle Grace. To make up to her, for scaring and throwing rock at Greg." The large buck glances over towards Ciocan and nods, "Vil try, sir. And yes, vil do future patrols vith someone else. Vil be happy if it is Lissie." He nods, eyes shifting back to her.   

Felicity thinks for a pair of heartbeats, then nods. "Aye, I think so. I know y'wouldn't intentionally 'urt th'leverets or anythin'." She smiles, still holding his broken paw. "Zolomon sometimes 'as some /really/ good idears, actually. I think y'totally should make Grace somethin'. May'ap Julia could give y'a few idears from th'apology lettahs I made 'er make." She doesn't say anything to what either male says about patrolling, willing to wait to figure things out in that regard.   

Ciocan nods "I need to get back to my room.Is thar anything else I need to know of?"   

Dominik's expression lights up again for the second time as Felicity seems to agree to his idea about seeing Julia. "Oh good. Is thanking you, Lissie, vil promise leetle Jools vil be safe. Vil be safer here than anyvhere else in mountain, is promise." The buck lifts his uninjured paw and rests it over his heart, the other still held by Felicity as he gives her a nod in confirmation. "Dom alvays used to make things, might be surprise to know, since is usually breaking things instead..." The white buck blushes a little at this, which is made more evident due to his white fur. "But...can try to figure out vhat to make." The buck's spirits are seemingly higher now than they have been in awhile, and it shows in his eyes and on his expression. "No, sir. Is fine, now. But...is thinking..." A sly look comes across his face..."...Lord Ciocan, start to train. So vil be ready ven Dom is." Of course he had to get that in. Naturally.   

Felicity rolls her eyes at the apparently irrepressible hare. "Oi...." she mutters something under her breath, then turns to the badger. "I don't 'ave anythin' else, Sah. I'll write up a report if I find anythin' I need t'report t'ya." She then turns to the buck. "Y'make stuff? Really? Thought y'were a demolition 'are," she jokes. "I c'n talk t'Greg an' find out whot Grace likes best t'give y'more idears along those lines. May'ap drag Greg in 'ere...." her sentence drifts off as she thinks.   

Ciocan nods "Making something can be a nice idea..."He starts to leave and then turns when Dom addresses him and tilts his head, a chuckle starts and gets a little louder, sort of echos "Train?" He smiles at the hare."For now I need to get some rest..."He steps to the door and opens it, he doesn't leave yet as he adds "I do hope you think wisely on this whole..sparing match Private."He then smiles and heads to his room.

Dominik watches as Ciocan turns to leave, the buck giving him a light smirk as the badger makes his way out. He hears his words, his eyes narrowing in a thoughtful manner. At Cio's mention of getting rest, Dom nods his head. "Yes. Get rest. Vil need plenty of, make sure to be at best." Ah, silly Dom. He turns back to Felicity after he is gone, giving her a look. "Vil not know vhat is coming..." he remarks, lifting both his paws and making light swinging motions in the air. Realizing that was likely a foolish idea as his bandaged paw is jostled, the buck gives Felicity a sheepish look. "Er...is sorry..." he chuckles, injured paw coming back down to settle in the doe's again. As she mentions not knowing his past history with building, he smiles. "Yes! Vas a ship-builder before Dom come to mountain. Built barrels, too. All vooden things. Can make tables, chairs, vhatever else." He pauses in thought, "Can maybe make leetle Grace a doll? Leetle Jools seems to carry hers around a lot, so...perhaps leetle Grace vil like one?" He can more than likely sew, as well. And if not, he'll learn quickly.   

A sneeze comes from the general direction of the infirmary which heralds the arrival of Terrence, who has emerged from his room for the first time in weeks, having been laid low by a cold. Now at least /mostly/ recovered, the sergeant has decided to check in on Dom (and to be quite frank choosing to check on him only /after/ he heard Felicity's voice). The bespectacled buck pokes his head in, cautiously, and nods first to the big white hare than smiles to his fellow sergeant, as no matter what the rumors are as to Dom's state of mind he does not except anything but venom and hatred from 'Erg'. "Hello there, Felicity." After a brief pause, he adds, awkwardly looking at the ground, "And... Pvt. Dominik."

Felicity smiles. "Oh, really, Dom? I 'adn't known that. May'ap y'could someday soon make Julia a box t'keep 'er little soldiers in. She'd love that. She's keepin' 'em in a bag right now." She thinks for a moment, looking slightly confused. "Y'mean a wooden dollie?" She turns as the door opens again, and she smiles and waves, keeping one paw gently on Dom's broken one. "'Llo, thah, Terrence. Glad y'feelin' bettah, love." Because she calls /all/ her close friends 'love'. Duh.   

Dominik's ears perk and his eyes go wide at Felicity's brilliant idea! Why didn't he think of that, before? Well, more than likely because he had no idea that Julia had anything that necessitated being kept in a box, but...that's besides the point. "Box! Yes!" He smiles wide. "Vil make box, for leetle Jools. If she vil like. To keep in...soldiers? Leetle soldiers?" Dom seems slightly confused by this concept, likely not realizing that she is referring to toys. As he hears Terrence entering the room, the buck's attention shifts in his direction, and he stares at him quietly, at first. Head tilts a little, the buck's injured paw resting on Felicity's, and after a few moments a smile creases his muzzle as he notices Terrence's reaction to speaking to him. "...hello, Terrence..." he responds, voice containing no malice at all. He turns back to Felicity. "No. Not vooden doll. Make of cloths. Dom...can try to sew."

"Ah." Terrence coughs, doing his best to hide his surprise (both at the fact Dom remembered his name and the fact were his and Felicity's paws are) - he lets the slip of any sort of acknowledgment of his rank be as well, as to be quite frank the sergeant is just glad Dom isn't about to murder him! He stands more fully in the room, staying by the doorway just in case. With another smile towards Felicity, he responds, "Yes, I am too. I've grown rathah tired of sneezing my brains out every half hou'h o'h so, wot."   

"Harrump. Wot is goin' on in 'ere?" Somehow, the Major always appears when you'd least expect him to. "I came 'ere t' speak wi' Dome, *alone*. But it seems this is a bloomin' pahty..."   

Felicity tries to stifle her dirisive snort. "Ye, Dom? Do y'even know 'ow t'sew? Mmf. S'pose I'll need t'teach y'so y'don't go, like, jabbin' y'eyes out or somthin'." She can't keep back the snort at what Terrence said. "I do 'ope y' 'ave brains left -- Oh, 'llo, Sah!" She stands and salutes to the Major as he appears. She has given him all the exact same reports she's given to Ciocan, so she's not actually hiding anything from anybody. "Lord Ciocan was 'ere earliah, an' 'e seemed t'think I'm doin' well wi' Dom, Sah." Okay, she's just assuming there, but she's pretty sure she remembers hearing that Varus wanted to ship Dom off, and she'd like to avoid that.

Dominik ponders Felicity's question, his good paw lifting to scratch at an ear as he thinks it over. "...no. Does not know this. But...Lissie does, yes?" He smiles down at her as she confirms this thought. "Is good, can learn to sew, then. So do not poke out eyes, vould not be good to do. Need eyes. To see." He hrms. "And, Dom can teach Lissie how to build. Vould be fair trades, yes?" He perks both his ears at the idea. Hearing Terrence's words, the large hare peers at him with a curious gaze. "...sneeze...brains out? This is thing...that Terrence can do?" His head tilts. "...must see this, sometime. Vould be strange, yes?" He looks to Varus, getting a little more serious at his appearance and mention about wanting to speak to him. "Hello, Major..." he replies, quietly, ears drooping, paw giving Felicity's a light squeeze before he winces as it was likely a little too hard.   

"Sah!" Terrence snaps a salute, as he's technically still in uniform even if the tunic unbuttoned and hanging about his shoulders. The sergeant spares a glance at Dom, daring to give a little chuckle. "No, not something little ol' me is capable of, wot. Least I certainly /hope/ I'm not." He lets himself smile more broadly to Dom, even if he's a bit distracted.... "Just a figure of speech, that's all. Like the good majah's so-called party, eh, sah?" Turning to Varus, the bespectacled hare dips his head. "I just was checking on Dom myself, sah."

Varus harrumps again. "Mmm, well. Dominik. 'Ow are y' feelin'? No more bloody psychosis, I 'ope? I've been talkin' wi' Lord Ciocan about wot's t' be done wi' you..." He eyes the other hares. "Terrence... Yahr uniform is askew. This is a wahrnin'."

Felicity nods to the big buck. "Deal....so long as y'stay in Salamandastron, no mattah whot." She's eyeing her Major a little warily. "'Is Lordship actually told us that 'e's plannin' on keepin' Dom 'ere, an' lettin' me an' a few othahs 'elp 'im. Isn't that just great, Sah?" A Private comes in, bloody and bruised. "Sahs!" He salutes to Varus and Felicity, meaning he's in their division. "'Tis Recruit Whisowski agin." The Sergeant groans. "I'll take care o' 'im, Sah. 'E's th'/whorst/." She goes to rest a paw on Dom's shoulder. "I'll see ya latah, Dom. Remembah whot all I said, please," she whispers the last sentence. Walking out of the room, she smiles at Terrence. "I'll see y'latah, too." She salutes Varus, then exits with the battered Private, headed to deal with what is probably the most problematic Recruit in the entire Patrol...   

Zolomon decides now to walk slowly into the infirm, his fur a bit messed up but hey he comes with a tray of food for Dominik and slows when he sees the gathering of beasts and sighs as he sits the food down "Dinner for..for Dom"He says quietly, and he has some spilled juice of some sort on his tunic, luckly not the jjuice in the mug.He does give a saulte to Varus and Terrance though, "Surs...."

Dominik watches as Felicity leaves the room with the battered recruit, the large hare smiling after her, head nodding slowly. "Vil remember..." he replies, but after she had already left the room. His eyes remain on the doorway for a few extra moments, before the buck's attention returns to those currently in the room. Eyes falling upon Varus, he gives him a slow nod. "Right now, am feeling ok. Paw is hurting a leetle, but...healer say should heal good, as long as don't use for fights. Or hitting more valls." His ears fold back as their discussion with Ciocan is mentioned, though the buck hmmms. "Lord Ciocan vas in here, before you came in, sir. Ve discussing sparring, in future." Dom grins. "Is thinking that is vat ve vill do vith Dom." He looks back to Terrence, "Oh. So is...figure of speech. Brain does not come out of ear, then, is guessing. That vould probably cause you die, is guessing." As Zolomon enters, Dom's brows raise...the infirmary is getting quite full, and the buck was used to his solitude...so he begins to shift a little, nervously. "...erm...."   

Varus harrumps, eyeing Zolomon with disinterest. "Yes, well, Ciocan an' I spoke on th' mattah this mornin'. As you already know, you won't be drummed out. But I'm also not returnin' y' t' active duty for at least a month... Maybe longah, wot."   

There's an ever so slight twitch to Terrence's eye when the major makes his warning, and the sergeant shrugs. "To be fai'h, sah, I am technically still on sick leave. And I've been working on what's needed for training, if you'd like a look sometime..." His smile returns when Felicity makes her farewells and exits - it falters when Zolomon comes in. Admittedly, Terrence had been rather soft with any orders on the subject, but he still felt that letting the corporal (and a recruit if the report was to be believed!) around Dom might not be for the best, no matter how well the white hare seems to be doing. But in the presence of the major he says nothing, opting to simply nod to Zolomon instead. He does notice how uncomfortable Dom is, though. "Yes Dom. I don't intend to die any time soon, wot.

Zolomon nods to Terrance as he frowns a little and sits down, he seems to be in a sort of depressed mood.Deliver food is basically what he was asked to do, so he did and now he sits down for now quietly.   

Dominik's attention focuses back on Varus as he makes his decision known, and the large buck cannot help but frown in response. Still, he is well aware of why the decision was likely made, and his ears droop, but he nods. "Yes, sir. Is...understanding. Thank you...for letting Dom stay." He gives Terrence a nod at his words. "Good. Dying...is not good to do. Dom almost did, season ago. Vas...not fun, not best of times." He lifts a paw and rubs at the scar on his upper arm from that whole incident with the spooky foxes. "Vant to avoid, if can." Zolomon gets another look, and the buck is surprisingly stoic around him. "Thank you, Zolomon, for food." He smiles a little, as he leans back on his cot and settles there, trying to relax as best he can in all the sudden company.

Varus nods his head again. "I'm glad y' undahstand, wot. It's for yahr own good. I'd like y' t' work wi' trainin' recruits for th' time bein', until I decide yahr ready f'r active duty again..."

More than anything, the thank you to Zolomon gets a response out of Terrence, if only for a moment. His eyebrows shoot up and his mouth opens briefly, but the sergeant manages, "Indeed." Quickly collecting himself, he adds, "All of us want to avoid death! And training's supposed to help with that, in theory...." There's a moment's hesitation as his eyes fall on Zolomon- at least the corporal is a hare he's directly responsible for. He wonders over to stand nearby, whispering, "Zolomon? Is something the mattah? You seem down."   

Zolomon looks up at Terrance and shrugs "I am.."He won't say fine , he looks at Dominik and half smiles "Your welcome Private Dominik..."He is glad to see Dom talking more, he then looks back to Terrance "Private..Zeldove went off and...can't fine her and..I'm worried sur."

Dominik had seemingly had quite a long day, and as Varus looks back over at Dom, the large hare has seemingly fallen asleep right there where he is sitting. He slowly slumps against the wall, paws falling to the sides as he slides down a little. He'd seemingly accomplished quite a lot in conversations that day, and was just completely wiped out.

"She /what?/" Terrence leaps to his feet, barely sparing a glance to the now sleeping Dom. "Do you have any idea were she went?" All hints of kindness to the sergeant's voice are gone, replaced with irritation as he heads for the door, throwing Varus a parting salute after fixing his jacket. "Zolomon, take this as an ordah and start bloody well looking fo'h her. I don't want anothah hare running off to Halyard o'h some othah thrice damned place." His mind is whirling, though he supposes that now that Dom's safe and sleeping here there isn't danger of her running into him in the caverns, but still - leaving the mountain at night in the winter is a dangerous thing, and he hopes to find her safely inside Salamandastron. Of course, it could just be a false alarm... but better safe than sorry.

Varus hrms, as Dominik passes out. That's a good time for Varus to depart, just after the angry Terrence...

Zolomon frowns as he stands,a sulute "Yes sur!" He statesand looks over at Dom and then the others leaves so he also leaves, he has a hare maid to find, that he hopes is inside the mountain or least close to the mountain!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer