Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-04 07:19:07 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

RP in Ferravale: IDEAS!!!

So....Ferravale is basically dead sad

When I get on, I look to see where everyone is, and if it's areas where I have a character (such as Redwall or Salamandastron), I go there, if the RP is open for other people.  I come on here to have fun, and it is way too boring for me to just sit around waiting to see if anybody gets on in that region.  So I've been RPing as Felicity and my Redwall characters for the most part, and Ferravale has basically died.

This makes me sad.

I love running Blisa.  She's fun, and she's my edgiest character that I can do borderline evil stuff with and it's fine.  She's also crazy, and sometimes the crazy characters are the most fun (*side eyes Monty*).  Plus, I just like her, and I've put a lot of thought, effort, and emotions into creating this character.  I like running her.  I like her.  Plus, I take the job of Chieftain of Ferravale seriously.  Yes, it's an IC position, but these kinds of things take OOC commitment, too.  I'm all in for Ferravale.  I think it's an imaginative part of the MUCK, and I don't want it to die.

So I think we should start planning RPs -- or at least days to RP -- in Ferravale.  Y'all can do this without me (and with my college schedule this semester, you may have to do a lot of them without me), but I'd like us to do at least 1 RP a month in FV.  It doesn't have to be much; it can literally just be characters sitting around in the tavern talking.  But I'd like to see us revitalize Ferravale.

This topic is to come up and discuss these RP ideas so we have 1 place where they are all collected.  Even if you think your idea sounds silly, please, share it!  That's part of what makes a community, is people sharing their ideas and discussing them with like-minded people. 

I can't do this without you.  So let's work together on bringing back Redwall's closest IC ally. 

Who's with me? big_smile

#2 2020-01-04 09:21:40 PM

oz

Re: RP in Ferravale: IDEAS!!!

I can have Patch there , he is the main tavern worker and ale maker after all!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2020-01-04 10:20:01 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Hey

Vermin villages are supposed to be a bit...well crazy at times, yes they are allies of Redwall and my understanding of that is..we won't attack you as long as you don't attack us. Like the Abbot can walk around Ferravale and maybe a couple other higher ranking beasts of the  Abbey but a normal Brother/Sister..Novice..they might not be as , how do I put it..crime free?Safe? I mean come on a weasel pick pockets a woodlander, a fight happens in the tavern!, a fight in the road!

I noticed they also have a Master Healer now, thats good! So let's give the healer a little bit of a reason to have to heal a beast, nothing too major just  injury from that bar fight or maybe that brawl in the street.

I might make a verminish character, not power hungry and wanting to kill everyone but they won't like the abbey much, they might even try and pick pocket the  abbot. Besides having a verminish character around be good.

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#4 2020-01-05 08:41:12 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

About them not attacking Redwallers: it is a bit more than that, but I think you get the general idea smile

Blisa would have no patience for anyone who attacked someone from Redwall, though; those people would find themselves facing severe punishment (think flogging in the town square).  Also, members of the Order can not fight unless it is to defend themselves.  However, that wouldn't deter a vermin from trying something stupid.  Additionally, I have always run FV as having characters who weren't exactly happy with the peace treaty, so having a character like that would be welcome, especially if they still respected Blisa's rule.

FV has always been opposed to slavery, as well, so some minor RPs with NPC slavers would also be welcome to helpbshow that.   (Actually, the RP I would like to do when/if the LP visits FV has to do with a slaver,  but that's all I'm going to say for right .)

If you decide to make a FV char, that would be cool big_smile Or you could run NPCs.  Whichever smile

Thanks for the interest so far!!  Keep the ideas coming!! big_smile ♡♡

(Typed on my touch screen device, so I apologize for any and all typos sad )

#5 2020-01-05 08:43:09 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

(Oh, & by the way, Blisa has outlawed the eati of birds in FV.  It's been a law since she became Chieftain.  Just a reminder wink )

#6 2020-01-06 09:58:07 AM

Leon

Yes Nardo is the Master Healer now

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#7 2020-01-06 10:01:20 AM

Leon

Also

Thinking there is likely some things in the market place of Ferravale that is not found in the Abbey or likely on some  traveling merchants. Also unlike the roadside one, the Ferravale one seems to be pen all seasons,not just early spring to late Autumn like the roadside one is

I play

#8 2020-01-06 12:00:30 PM

oz

Be nice to have some tavern workers..maybe a new Brewer for the town Brewery.

I am thinking the tavern has a bouncer, not sure on a name but someone needs to be able to throw trouble makers out of the tavern

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#9 2020-01-06 08:39:14 PM

Mother Krisha

Maybe the vermin of the village want to..have fun? they have a pond so ice skating...why not

Walking around the market place

Bonfire in the square?

#10 2020-01-07 08:29:46 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Another idea...

Reading through logs I have noticed...there is a old mine in Ferravale, also possible underground tunnels from said mine. What if some old tunnel is found by some bad luck.Someone decides the village should fix up some old shops that has not been used in a few seasons....of course they decided to look around and see what can be done before talking to the  chieftain...the floor  collapses and they find some old cavern type place! Maybe some old sort of basement that has forgotten stuff from before Ferravale was found =Shrugs=...I mean there was an old village nearby, maybe it was some basement of a shop before or some olf home that was there before the village got rebuilt as I talked to Scioto oocly and he mentioned Scioto found an abandoned village and got help fixing it up and  BOOM...Ferravale was founded and built or least the Ferravale Scioto found..OOC info is the original Ferravale moved somewhere closer to the sea or something and was owned by someone else it was some  city and the village of Ferravale is something different Scioto found and had fixed up with help and it's slowly grown to  what it is now .

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#11 2020-01-08 08:39:30 PM

Mother Krisha

Cool

#12 2020-01-13 10:43:31 AM

Leon

Well maybe some old mine tunnel or other found ?

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=1483

I play

#13 2020-01-13 12:07:54 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Maybe they could find this creepy skeleton..and they are like holding a key! What does the key go to? Well some sort of chest maybe....gold? Empty? Maybe it's ...who knows!

What I like the idea of just walking around some dark tunnel and your face to face with this skeleton...with a key...sitting by an old chest tongue

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#14 2020-01-14 11:33:27 AM

oz

Well...maybe something is under that old mill. Who knows....

I play:

#15 2020-01-15 08:43:10 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Ha!  Skeleton xD  If you want to do that, Elbio, be my guest smile

I like how y'all have started the mill/underground tunnels arc thing.  I like it big_smile

Y'all have such good ideas!  Keep 'em comin'! smile

#16 2020-01-16 12:14:21 PM

oz

OK...after some chatting with Vilfred and even Marek for ideas...came up with this!!!!......In some older logs there is that old village ruins that was south of the gates and near those ruins was an old mine and beside that was where the Mossflower Defendrrs Base use to be..SOOOOOOO  this is where that tunnel, or least one of them, will lead to and I am talking of the tunnel that was found under the mill....it will lead to that old mine which will have a small opening that ends up by the old ruins of a small village and old Mossflower Defenders base ruins...this is a village from like seasons ago..very very small and was around in the earlier days of  Ferrvale before Scioto found Ferrvale and started getting it rebult ect ect...and in the mine before our trapped beasts get out...are  gonna find something of interest...a log soon will show  what that is tongue

I play:

#17 2020-02-11 11:18:48 AM

oz

I am gonna start a little bit of a role play where Patch is thinking on trying to gain ownership of the tavern....should be interesting is all I will say.

I play:

#18 2020-02-11 11:21:14 AM

oz

But yes having more role play in Ferrvale would be nice....maybe some sort of Spring Marketplace event happens and even woodlanders can come, I mean they have coins too...now not all the vermin have to like it after all.

Its an idea once its Spring...so like End March..beginning of April?

I play:

#19 2020-02-11 12:39:28 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

There is also the tunnels...a map was found in said  tunnels ...a creepy skeleton held a key, to a chest and the chest had a map to................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ well yet to be decided! We need to figure out where the map leads to! Something of value once lost to Ferrvale cause it was stolen? Maybe its just leads to another map that leads to the once stolen item? Maybe what ever it leads to nothing!!!!!

Lets figure out an idea....I like the idea maybe some thing was stolen some seasons ago, maybe something even during Scioto's time as Chieftan....but like..what? You know some enemy stole it, hid it and left them self a map, they like got lost in the tunnels and well...died  tongue

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#20 2020-02-21 05:57:06 PM

oz

I..don't know if Scioto lost anything, hmms..may have to think about. Unless maybe something from his mate Dazzle.

I play:

#21 2020-02-22 08:47:09 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Cool....
We should start that find where the map leads to here soon!!!

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#22 2020-02-22 01:42:31 PM

oz

Yeah sounds like fun...maybe Patch can tag along...maybe. Only other one that MIGHT go is Govenalus but sort of unlikely, he has bad memories of underground tunnels and those...mines.
But yes I have decided Scioto had this amulet, a family crest of his that he planed to pass down to Blisa. But he lost it about the same time his mate and son died. He did have beasts look for it, he even asked at the time Oak to help look for it, when Oak died my guess is Patch was just never told of it...I mean not like thespy squirrel Oak shared everything with him

I play:

#23 2020-02-25 10:33:37 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

SO...ya!

Gonna start the see where the map leads soon! Thinking  Thursday the 27th or Friday the 28th. I have talked with Texo and looks like he will join Vilfred and a couple shrews.....Vilfred has not had the best week and gets reminded of that map he and Nardo found...the one that the creepy skelton held...yeah that map smile....and decides to do a little adventureing.Find an unexpected tresure of sorts, a lost idtem to be retuned to the rightfull owner, or least the rightful owners family! Of course it wont be known just who it use to belong to till after its found and they ask around Ferravale...

should be exciting and get some role play going!

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#24 2020-02-25 12:14:47 PM

oz

sounds fun

I play:

#25 2020-02-25 03:05:25 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer