Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-24 05:53:05 PM

Ol'random
Website

"I'm not joinin' the club and confessin' tah love yah." - LP 11/23/19

Sgt. Felicity,
Lt. Gregorian,
Sgt. Terrence,
and Cpl. Zolomon, all hares.

A prelude to the attempt to find Dom...

"Oh, come off it! I gave you the list of wot's needed three days ago." From the kitchens Terrence's voice drifts out, approaching the mess hall. "We can't have perishables or heavy things - need to be able to carry it all!" The sergeant appears then, revealed by the now open door. Technically he is in uniform but his main tunic is unbuttoned and hanging off his shoulders to ward off the heat of the cooking and revealing the linen shirt beneath. Looking back towards some kitchen aid, he adds, "Either way, I'd like you to help find it all, wot. I need to eat now." There's a distinct sway to his walk as he searches for a seat, with the bags under his eyes a tell-tale sign of tiredness.

Zolomon walks in as he fixes the collar on his own uniform. A small group of Privates follow him as he smiles. "Yes lunch break, you may go eat tis fine." He gets some smiles and a thank you, a salute even as he chuckles, he needs to get use to that still. He sits down in a chair nearby after getting some soup, a roll, salad and a bit of pie with something to drink.

Every long trek out should start with a good meal. That was Greg's firm belief and he's already settled in having started early. It took some arguing with the healers before they agreed with him going, he didn't give them much choice in the matter and the heated conversation had ended with one of them volunteering to be a medic for the trip. He started that mess, he was going to help fix it. His ears perked to Terrence's difficulties and Zolomon's arrival but he was busy eating and silently watching the room while he went through his own thoughts.

"No, I can't bloody well stay an' watch m'sistah!  I can't stand the weepin' anymore," Felicity tells a leveret caretaker as they both enter the room.  The newly-minted Sergeant is dogedly avoiding wearing her new uniform as much as possible, including right now, instead opting for one of her battered and patched outfits, the shirt of which used to belong to her mother.  The caretaker says something, and the Runner shakes her head.  "I 'ave t'go 'elp get Dom back.  Julia'll nevah forgive me if I don't try t'bring 'er friend back."  She manages to lose the other hare in the crowd, sitting next to Greg and burying her head in her arms with a groan.

Gaze drifting lazily over the room, Terrence considers his options. Zolomon or the privates, no good; too close to work for him to enjoy the break. There's Greg - he's always good to have a meal with. And then there's Felicity, too. He falters then, having a moment of indecision, before standing up straighter and coming up to the two. "Good day today, eh? Mind if I sit?" Admittedly more of his attention is on Felicity than Gregorian, but he hopes the lieutenant will forgive him for that.

Zolomon hasn't noticed Felicity yet as he is eating soup and looking over a couple papers he has, yes he has paperwork now and he is getting these couple he has done before heading on out for the mission they will be doing later on. He already has  stuff he needs put aside, he just has to grab it on the way out. He takes a bite of pie as he reads and jolts down something.

Gregorian's ears twitch this way and that as he picks up on various chatter including Felicity's woes though it's not until Felicity appears next to him that he glances over from his food and after a pause offers a greeting grunt. He's in a serious, thinking mood, the grunt seems to be all they're getting at first until Terrence approaches too and Greg looks up again. He gestures at a chair with his fork and there's another grunt before he clears his throat and sits up a little since words are probably starting to be require. "Sit as yah like. Anymore tah join or has the popularity of my table reached it's peak?"

Felicity groans again.  "I sweah, if we don't bring Dom back, Julia's gonna whine and wail and weep me t'death."  She gestures vaguely, probably inviting Terrence to go ahead and sit, although she hasn't lifted her head up from the crook of her elbow.  Greg's grunts were probably just fine conversation wise right now.

Zolomon does glance over at the other table but has this annoying paperwork he has waited on, so he needs that done before he really has free time, or least free time till they go look for Dom. He drinks some of his drink, a bite of roll and finishes the first paper as he smiles, on to the 2nd paper.

Terrence does sit, with a an apologetic laugh and shrug to Greg. "Sorry, can't say much to that." As he relaxes into the seat, the hare tilts his head to one side looking at Felicity. "Well, everything that I know is in place - if things go off without a hitch, I think we can find him. Hare that big can't be too difficult to spot, so Julia might quiet up before she kills you, wot." His eyes dart to the table briefly, highly aware of Greg's presence, then back to the lamenting doe. "Er, Felicity? I wanted to let you know something." He sincerely hopes she can pick up on his meaning as he never was good with words around her.

Gregorian hrms as talk turns to the task at hand. "We'll our best and wotevah we can tah find him and get him home again." he's had too much experience to promise everything will be fine but they'll try. He glances at Terrence, squints, frowns slightly and then with a grunt he's back to his food. He also knows when not to get involved.

Felicity finally looks up at Greg.  "Oh, I know.  An' I'm comin, if only to tell m'sistah that I tried.  Dom's m'friend, as well as a fellow Patrollah, an' I refuse t'just leave 'im out there when I can at least try t' 'elp."  She looks over at Terrence.  "Oh, yeah?  Whot's that?"  No, she really doesn't have any idea.  This kind of stuff isn't something she's good at.  He's gonna have to spit it out.

Zolomon seems hard at work and then chuckles, "Done..yes...take that ya paperwork." And the privates stare at him as he clears his throat and lays the paper work aside. "It's a good thing to get paper work done and on time too."

A look of deep gratitude for Gregorian on Terrence's face is replaced by something far more akin to panic at Felicity's words. "Ah. Right, well, eh," He lets out a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. "You probably never noticed because I'm dreadful at all this but I've always had a thing for you, wot." With one elbow on the table he's turned to the doe fully, doing his best not to consider how public the conversation is. To his credit, the next words are delivered with far less hesitant than previously: "As in, well, I quite like you, Felicity. That's wot."

Gregorian gives his food a very flat look and stabs it with a fork. He says nothing, not even a grunt. He's hoping they'll just pretend he's not there, be all happy and move on swiftly without needing him for anything. Mentally he's grumbling to whatever afterlife he believes, something along the lines of 'I hope you're happy, I'm going to be out patrolling with this' runs through his head as he can just imagine his old mate laughing his head off.

Felicity blinks as surprise and possibly mild shock take hold.  "Uh...." is her graceful and eloquent reply.  "Um.....thanks, um, thanks f'r tellin' me," she says, although it sounds a bit more like a question.  "Um...."  Could this day get any more awkward?  Oh, yeah, and she's going on a rescue mission with Terrence later.  Oh, boy.

Zolomon chuckles again as the privates just go back to eating their meal. He stands and goes to bring the papers to Greg, they are completed so no need to  add extra to it as he lays them beside the hare  and just happens to look over at Felicity and Terrance and tilts his head "Is...every thing ok?"

Leaning his chair back Terrence plasters a forced smile on his face, self aware enough to recognize just how awkward this all is, especially with Greg sitting quietly right next to them. "Well..." The sergeant begins, after a long pause. "Perhaps this wasn't the best time, wot." The forced smile transforms into something more genuine - up until Zolomon comes over. "Uh. Hullo there, corporal." The look on his face now somewhere between horror and amusement, and soon a hearty laugh escapes from him with no explanation other than the absurdness of it all.

Gregorian has never been more happy to see paperwork in his life. He takes it with a grateful nod and stands looking over it. He might not need to do anything with it but he's going to read it intently. "Terrence was just tellin' Felicity how he likes her." Greg replies flatly to Zolomon without looking up...He pauses. Why did he say that? Why is he getting himself involved?! He blames Fred. Ghostly influences from the past are terrible trouble makers.

Felicity looks up at Zolomon.  "Um, I think so?"  When Terrence starts laughing, she chuckles a little too, until Greg spills the proverbial beans, and then she's flushing very deeply.  "Oh, 'Eavens..."  she looks up at her fellow Runner, then back at her fellow Sergeant.  Finally she looks up at Greg with a look that says 'help.'  He's getting involved whether he likes it or not.

Zolomon listens carefully as Greg speaks the words, he seems to think on the words and looks at Terrance, then Felicity and is just so very quiet.The look on his face seems sort of like shock or he heard something wrong.Maybe he did as he does only have one ear but it usually hasn't been a problem, "Oh..sur...he..did sur..ummmm." He just seems to focus on the fork beside Greg, is that a good or bad thing, "Well....so the papers thar, they are like..ya know, done and ya get less work so that's a nice, a good thing.." He looks at Felicity as she speaks to him and takes a deep breath. "I think? Umm...yes I mean of course I think...or I be..well..dead and surely don't want..death, then who, who does...and...." He coughs a little as he just stares at Felicity. "And...I think..umm..on wot?" Oh yeah the fact Terrance likes Felicity. "I think...that..your..I mean..I..." He then frowns, he sighs and looks at...the fork again, then frowns. "I'm sorry I just..."

Terrence is also staring at Greg, though instead of help the look is utter horror. "S-sah?" He chokes out, eyes darting from the lieutenant, to Zolomon, and finally to Felicity. It seems he has no other words at the moment, beyond a mouthed, "Sorry." to the other sergeant. When Zolomon starts babbling, he winces (remembering how Zolomon acts around Felicity), giving the corporal an apologetic look. He's been doing that a lot lately. Opening his mouth as if to say something, he thinks better of it as silence might go over easier than putting his foot in his mouth again.

Gregorian glances skywards with a very quiet mutter, "When I get up there..." he has no actual threats for ghosts he'd genuinely just be happy to see though. Alright, this is all horrible awkward. He doesn't look directly at any of them so he doesn't really see Felicity's plead for help or Zolomon's idolizing of his fork. "Anyway," he says very firmly, "Tahdays is marchin' ordahs. Are we ready and equipped tah go?" he volunteers for anything that still needs doing that will mean he has to go somewhere else. Literally anything.

Felicity notes Zolomon eyeing the fork, and she nabs it before he can do anything with it.  And of course the older hare isn't helping her at ALL.  "I 'onestly don't know whot t'say or do right now, an' I'm sorry.  I've nevah 'ad t'deal with this evah in m'life.  'Ow m'oldah brothah dealt w'this is beyond me..." she adds with a mutter.

Zolomon nods first to Greg, "Yes sur. This mission be important and I know that. I am sure we will find him, and find him alive. Dom is a tough beast and smart enough to stay outta trouble sur...and I can even help ya double check supplies we are taking with us..sur." He looks at Felicity and frowns, he then speaks. "Felicity...I..." A deep breath, "Your..amazing, your eyes sparkle and your just so full of life sometimes, when I was down for a while ya helped me feel better with a smile, a pat on the shoulder and..your smile its just.." He smiles now himself, "Your so..." He just says it, "Beautiful  when you smile, and I remember that race to see who was faster and we both was. That was fun and I even thought of asking you to dinner and why didn't I..I don't righty know maybe I was afraid, or..and..in the swamps those toads...I was so worried after they dragged me away..ya know, maybe I could escape I thought..ya know get help for you and the others...I...I can't image a world without you in it, that world would be horrible and empty because.." It's simple he thinks, simple words, so hard to say. "Because..I ..I love you...now please excuse me I need to make sure those supplies are ready for our mission, like I said I would."

"Ah. Yes." There's a higher than usual pitch in Terrence's voice, even if he's thankful for Greg's distraction, if only briefly. "The gear's been all laid out in the meeting room, sah." The sergeant, after the fork is moved and Zolomon starts confessing things, rests both elbows on the table, taking off his spectacles with one paw and rubbing the bridge of his nose with the other. "Quite a lot to say there, don't you?" Having listened to the corporal's speech, there's a neutral note to his voice as he says it. It's soon dropped with a sigh, however, as he falls into a bit of melancholy. "Daresay I haven't dealt with this either, Felicity, though all I can say now is that I'm the one who should be rather sorry about causing..." He swallows, head still bowed and waves a paw in the other hares' various directions. "This." Seems I made a right mess of things is left implied, but unsaid.

It just got worse! Greg pulls a face as Zolomon starts confessing feelings too. His lips purse as it all comes out. He just rests his face in a paw as Terrence starts to speak and he gives up entirely at trying to think of a way out. There's a pause after the bucks are done before he looks up briefly to Felicity. "Don't yah start lookin' at me now, I'm not joinin' the club and confessin' tah love yah." he says before his head returns to his paw.

Felicity blushes deeply and buries her face in a paw, too.  "Don't apologize," she says in a muffled way.  She sits up as Greg speaks and scowls at him.  After a moment of thinking, she points at Zolomon.  "Sit."  She points to the chair next to Terrence before pointing at him in turn, "Put y'glasses back on."  She points at Greg.  "Please sit an' be a witness.  I'm not askin' y't'get any more involved than that, Sah."  She crosses her arms, lips pursed, obviously expecting to be obeyed.  Since the 2 younger bucks just told her they love/like her, it would probably be good for them to listen right now.

Zolomon sits down slowly in the chair that is pointed to. Paws folded in his lap he just is silent and waits, his good ear listening to what is to be said now.

For good or ill, Terrence had already decided to ride this train to the end back when he first sat down. He remains were he is, giving Greg a shrug as he puts his spectacles back on as ordered by Felicity. "Well, I'm not planning on going anywhere any time soon, wot." A slight grin plays at the corners of his mouth as he turns all his attention on the doe. "I've dug this grave myself after all."

Gregorian grunts as he's told to bare witness. He's not objecting but being surrounded by young love and drama brings out the grumpy old buck in him. He lowers his paw so he can see Felicity and watch though he looks a little grouchy about it.

Felicity sighs.  "Look.  I dunno whot t'say t'eithah of you, although I am grateful y'trusted me enough t'tell me that.  I think I need some time t'process this.  So can we set this all aside until we bring Dom back?"  She takes a deep breath and adds, "An' th'thing I want Greg 'ere for is that from th' time we get back, you 2 are t' 'elp me take care o' m'sistah.  No mattah whot 'appens, she 'as t'approve o' the 'are I marry someday, an' I'm not sure who that's gonna be," she adds quickly, hoping she's not hurting either of them.  "If y'want t'try and form a relationship with me like that, y' 'ave t'prove that y'good with Julia in th'long run.  Clear?"  And she may or may not have just gotten 2 free babysitters to help her.  Hey, awkwardness can bring great good.  Yay!

Zolomon nods. "Understandable...and ya have a point, your sister is ya family and so thats important. and I am ok with helping ta watch her when I can."

"Crystal." Terrence replies, nodding, though he manages to sink into his chair. He's rather squeamish at all the mentions of love and marriage, the tips of his ears going red. "I won't mention this out in the field, wot. Not at all." A recruit comes over to the table, coughing politely. "Uh, Sahs?" They say, saluting, "Everythin's been prepared f'your expedition, wot!"

Gregorian grunts again but this time sounds a little more hopeful and mutters, "Sensible." now if they can ignore all this for a few days, weeks or however long it takes to find Dom and get him back, hopefully without another declaration of love from him, they might just survive this. He nods once to the recruit. "Good. About time." where were they five minutes ago before all this came out?

Felicity nods.  "Good.  'Cause I ain't gonna court or date or whatevah a beast without the intent o' marriage, and m'sistah 'as t'be involved in that."  She looks up as the Recruit speaks, and she stands.  "I s'pose this means I needta change into m'new uniform, huh?"  she grumbles.  "Good thing I 'ave everythin' else packed an' ready t'go, wot!"

"Indeed." A part of Terrence wonders the same thing as Greg (where were they?) as the recruit exits, and he stands too. "I need to change as well, I think. At least get my rapier in place, wot." There's a brief glance back at the kitchens once he realizes he never ate, but that can come later. "Anyway, Lieutenant, Felicity, Zolomon, I expect to see you all in a bit!" All embarrassment and awkwardness gone from him, the sergeant turns on his heel and heads for the door.

Last edited by Ol'random (2019-11-24 05:53:24 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer