Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-17 06:42:13 PM

Ol'random
Website

Toad Talk/Caught out in the Rain - LP 11/7/19 & 11/16/19

OOC: Two logs from the past weeks that I felt were too short to post individually.

Pvt. Cera,
Sgt. Terrence,
and Cpl. Zolomon, hares.

A few days after a promotion...

Cera is doing some training today. First she has done her sit-ups and push ups, and some running in place and now is working on some kicks and punches on one of the dummies set up in the room.

Since before the sunrise Terrence has been busy; having just come in from a short break after a run with some of the recruits, a water-skin in paw. He stands by the door, leaning against the wall to watch the hares in the room - including Cera, the sergeant realizes with some surprise, but he stays were he is, taking a long drink.

Cera is fairly good with her kicks, she could work better on punches though as she jumps backwards and does another punch to the dummy and  then rubs her wrists a little. A small glance around the room to see what to work on next.

"A lighter jab might ease up the pain a bit, wot." Terrence dryly observes. "And a looser target - most beasts will move more with a punch than that dummy." The sergeant slings the water-pack over his shoulder as he comes over to the healer. "These are generally used for weapon practice, not paw-to-paw..."

Cera looks over and gives a quick salute when she sees the Sargent and nods "Yes sur...just getting some training in sur. I do admit I am a little rusty in training, but I think I am improving sur."

Nodding, Terrence replies, "I'd hope so. Though if I'm being honest, it seems to me most hares - myself included - have been a bit rusty in that area, wot! 'Specially considering recent events."

Cera nods. "The...toads...I have decided I dislike them and rather not see a toad again as long as I live, maybe we can even avoid the whole swamplands...maybe?"

"Maybe." The sergeant lets out a chortle. "But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, private." Terrence's expression grows more serious. "Toads have quite the nasty habit of bouncing back, and they positively adore causing us and other beasts trouble, wot."

Cera says, "But...why? I mean we done nothing to them then guess we were on what they see as their lands suppose."

Terrence looks at her over his spectacles. "Unfortunately I don't think I have an answer as to why, Cera. I honestly don't know if anyone knows why, including the toads, wot!"

Cera sighs as she nods, "Right....I best get to my room, still on house arrest." She groans "For a week yet." She walks off, she will be SO SO glad when she can have some freedom.

A week or so later...

There is a dark, overcast sky today, the heavy clouds above obscuring the sun and washing everything in a pale light. No rain or snow yet, however, and the wind isn't terrible - but it is chilly. Despite the day's cold a column of hares are making jogging downshore, leaving two lines of paw prints behind them. At the head is sergeant Terrence Cadwallader, stripped down to his undershirt to cool off from the long run, who takes a sip of water from the water-skin slung over his shoulder.

Zolomon has done some jogging and now watches the privates and recruits jog now. He yawns a little as its been a long day today.

"Quick pace! Hop to it!" Terrence calls back to the hares behind him, some of whom groan. "It's only been ten leagues, wot! You lot should be better than that!" The sergeant certainly isn't stopping anytime soon even as waves crash and the wind starts to pick up again.

Zolomon watches and grins. "I remember when I ran and jogged a lot, don't as much now."

The sergeant glances at him. "Well, corporal, why don't join us?" Terrence gestures behind him. "Need someone at the rear to keep the stragglers at bay. Should be rather easy for you, being so fast, wot." He adds with a grin.

Zolomon chuckles and decides to join them, he encourages a couple privates to get up and move a little faster "Just think of it this way chaps and  lasses...a good hot meal afterwards awaits!!"

"If the weather hold up..." Terrence mutters, having heard the corporal. Indeed, the wind is colder than before and the sergeant feels it, shivering. In spite of this, he looks over his shoulder at the fourteen or so hares. "You heard Zolomon! A hot meal and drinks await us back at the mountain!"

Zolomon nods as he does need to slow a little for the hares and even jobs backwards a little making one private laugh a little before he does a sort of summersault and is going the right way again. "Moving also keeps one warmer." He states as he moves along.

Hearing the laugh, Terrence looks back again in time to see the summersault. "Bloody show off!" The sergeant laughs. "Not all of these hares as spry as you, corporal! Don't want to make 'em feel too bad, wot." He turns forward again, keeping an eye on the sea - in the distance one can just make out rain hitting the waves. "Come on! Double quick-step, or you'll get caught in the drizzle!"

Zolomon nods. "Just some fun." He may of went up in rank but he can still have fun once in a while, though he has grown in the fact he rarely does much what he use to see as fun, he use to do a lot of cartwheels or summersaults, going backwards....now not much at all. "Yeah cold rain isn't too fun to be jogging in, thar will be times you will have to jog in it though."

"Like right now..." A grim smile spreads across Terrence's face as the first few droplets hit him. Luckily, the mountain can be seen rapidly rising in the distance. "There it is! Home sweet home." The group had been jogging since before the sunrise and even the sergeant was beginning to feel tired.

Zolomon nods as he makes sure the privates stay at a good pace along the beach, "I think they did fairly well."

Shrugging the sergeant glances back at him again. "That depends on if we can make it back before the rain really kicks up." Being in sight of the mountain, Terrence isn't all that worried about being caught in bad weather, but he is still wary. "When we get back before you lot eat change into dry clothes and wash up. That's an ordah!"

Zolomon grins as goes a little faster, it does help the hares go faster now as well, one does fall on their face so Zolomon goes to help them up, makes sure they are ok and then jogs on so he is still in the back, no one else is behind so this is good.

With a sigh when he hears the recruit fall Terrence continues to lead the hares onward. "Bloody hoped we'd be beyond that by now, wot..." He mutters to no-one as the rain starts falling in full. It feels like daggers with how they're rushing towards the mountain, but it can't be helped.

Zolomon looks up, they are close to getting back now as he smiles. "Almost to the jolly entrance!! Let's go..chin up almost done."

Terrence has been keeping his head down and ears flat to lessen the impact of the water droplets while keeping watch on were the group is going, avoiding any patches of sand that seems too wet or loose.

As the rain starts coming down harder Zolomon frowns and then gets the hares to move even faster. "Inside...go on double time lads and lasses!" So he does have a commanding voice when needed, he's getting better at being a corporal.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer