Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 06:12:35 PM

Mother Krisha

Icy Snow Rain-Redwall Log

WHO:

Krisha- Badger Mother

Ewan- LP Hare of Redwall and a Private,Fighter

Zeldove-Archer and Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Mack-Cook/Warrior

Ferro- Blacksmith

LOG:

Ewan had stayed in the infirmary the past like couple weeks and was able to finally walk, with crutches, around a little bit anyways.Not that it seemed he chosen the best day to venture out of the infirmary with crutches. One it was cold, two it was raining and though rain usually doesn't bother him...this rain does as it started out ok and then started getting sharp little bit of ice in it.

Krisha frowns at the weather, she was out in her thick cloak looking concerned.She turns when she sees Ewan and nods "You, should be careful Ewan"She frowns"This is not good weather and I have a feeling its gonna get worse...and father left couple hours ago"   

Ewan looks around and sits down on the steps for now"That..could be bad, why did he go out?"   

Krisha frowns "He was gonna go home and I have a feeling it might be a bad idea and I didn't know why...."She seems to think and frowns "I'm..gonna go look for him"   

Ewan asks, "Is that good idea?"He asks quietly, he dislikes the weather now too "It could get worse,then wot?"   

Krisha says, "I don't know but its not a good idea to leave him out there, unlike some ...this is really bad for him"

Ewan shrugs "I...that's true and I would go help but.."The crutches and the fact he still has some bandages on "Likely not the best idea"   

Krisha says, "No...but he couldn't of gotten far and I think someone went with him...look if you get concerned send some beast after me..I am supposed to be making sure all abbey beasts and guests are safe, and with this weather more may need help too not just father and whom ever is out with him"She decides and adjusts her cloak and hood and walks out before he tries to talk her out of it.   

A couple guards go to stop her and point to Dorarose who seems to be helping beasts inside and looks over at them briefly.

Krisha sighs "Tell her I am going to look for Father, I will be back..I promise...she can look for me if needed or one of you can tag along"

==Half an hour later==

Krisha looked along the road as the icy rain turned more icy and the wind picked up.Leaves blew all around her and a little snow even mixed into the weather, a storm was starting and getting worse by the moment.

Mack was up the road, to the side with Ferro. He looked concerned as they had decided to take shelter by a half fallen tree, a sort of lean too was made it seemed, not a good one but it was good for now.

Ferro shivered and tried to keep the thin cloak he had around him. He also had Mack's cloak on and was pressed more against the lean too."Thissssss issssss not  good..I..I..c...can't ssssssstay in thisssss weather much longer.."

Mack just frowned, "But what do we....do?"

"A monitor lizard..wait your Ferro!" Came a voice and soon, the hare maid was seen, Zeldove "Hallo ya two..bally horrible weather wot"

Ferro nodded and shivered as he sat down"The..abbey issssss clossssse...I think" It was, sort of...a little under an hour walk as he and the hedgehog didnt get too far before the storm started and temperatures seemed to drop quickly with the icy snowy rain.

Krisha was nearby and frowned, about to give up..no she couldn't give up, then voices as she rushed towards them and seen "Father!!Mack!!"

Mack looked up and grinned "Your a sight fer sore eyes Mother Krisha..thank the seasons"

Ferro was shivering and looked at Krisha.."K..Krisha?"

Zeldove waved and then "It may be wise ta like get to the abbey now, for sure him..cold be bad with fur, let alone no fur"

Krisha takes off her thick cloak and wraps it around Ferro and goes to carry him so they can walk faster"Lets go..move it."

They get to the abbey in half an hour, maybe less as the badger can walk fast when needed.

==Back at the Abbey==

Krisha had went out without much of a plan but luckly whom she looked for wasn't too far off, and help was good when the hare maid showed up.The weather is fairly bad now..ice mixed with a little rain and some snow, and its colder by the hour. She has her cloak off and its on Ferro now as she helps him and a couple others back inside "Some beast tell Dorarose I am back....ok we need to get inside before this gets any worse"

Zeldove walks in and shakes her head "In is best lass, I am seriously for inside where tis warm and good food and hot tea or cider,wot"   
Mack looks around as he makes sure Ferro doesn't fall over"Yeah..winter be like ELLO ..early I think"

Ferro shivers still under the thick cloak but it could of been a lot worse, all he wanted to do was get back to Ferrvale..he got maybe an house up the road when the storm decided to make him change his plans.   

Ewan helped best he could on crutches.He looks glad the Badger Mother is back and with others,"Oh good you found Ferro..that is good..very good, its cold out ..I can like help get anyone inside the Great Hall"

Krisha nods"Inside would be good"She will also help make sure no one else is out here,others will need checked on and helped inside by the guards as most seem inside now or heading inside anyways.

Zeldove says, "Inside is better than outside right now"

Mack says, "I have seen worse further north...warmer south"He chuckles "Should of stayed south, oh well too late fer that"

Ferro speaks finally as he coughs a little "SSSSSSSSouth isn't that good...warm being only thing like of it"Once inside the great hall he will sit close to the fireplace, the cloak laid aside to dry.   

Ewan uses the crutches to get inside and almost slips once, he looks around and frowns "We will have to get a message to Ferravale and maybe check on some others..once the storm stops that is"   

Zeldove smiles as she finds a seat and grins "Warm and toasty in here, unlike outside and check on whom, who be out in that stuff...some moron?"   

Krisha makes sure some hot tea and cider is given out and some soup also, she sits down finally"Yes when its over or calmed some we can send someone to check on Camp Willow..the Gousim, maybe get word from Ferravale. Hopefully anyone needing shelter will come to the abbey as think winter has decided to be a little early this yer" She looks at Ferro and sighs "And..father, your likely stuck at the abbey till spring looks like, and before you worry your be fine, we can let Blisa know and I am sure she will be ok with it, better than you trying to get to Ferrale in this weather and I don't think its suddenly gonna be warm a day or two, its gonna stay cold now"

Mack nods as he gets some tea and soup and relaxes "Think plain snow be better than this snow and ice mixture we have right now"   

Ferro snorts "I Like my forge, itsssssssss better and warm at all timessssssssssssss"

Ewan speaks "The abbey is warm, maybe you can make like..small things here at the forge, like pans and pots..hinges and stuff..a couple windows might need new hinges or some shutters"   

Krisha says, "A couple shutters do need a new hinge and Abbot Benar will be ok with you staying the winter, and that goes for any beast that needs to"

Zeldove asks, "Wot about a hare? I be allowed ta stay..I likely can help out somewhere..hmmms lets see..fairly good at sewing, could wash or dry dishes, help set a table.." She would say sample food but she leaves that off."Wot say?"

Mack chuckles "Least she only be one hare..."He leans back, a sip of tea. "I have yet to decide if get on to Ferrvale, just me...or stay here..did promise to help cook maybe. I also make fine ale if any beast is interested"

Ferro just pouts and is quiet and finally "Fine..long assssssssss Blisa knowsssssss I am here, I will sssssstay the winter"   

Ewan just listens as he eats a little soup and sips his tea"The abbey is real nice during the winter season...I like it. Mid winter evening is always nice."

Krisha smiles as Ferro decides to stay "I can get you a room later tonight father, and one that will be warm too, and you can stay inside the main building, not everyone goes outside when its cold"   

Zeldove asks, "So like a feast?I heard de autumn one isnt happening, winter one still is right?"   

Mack chuckles "Least think so...thats what I heard and the winter one will be good seeing as no autumn one"   

Ferro replys "I dont need much of a room, just a warm place to ssssssssssleep"   

Ewan nods "Thar is some extra rooms, we do have guests stay the winter at times..off and on guests as well"

Krisha smiles "Winter here can be nice...the mid winter eve..sometimes the feast is planed that day and if its not there is always a nice tea and cookies, some small gifts handed out..snow badger visits..its nice"She looks over as Ferro falls asleep and smiles, she seems happy he is here for the winter.   

Zeldove grins "Snow badger! I heard of him..gifts to all the good dibbuns and sometimes gifts to others at times..heard he likes sugar cookies and october ale..or maybe raspberry tea"She chuckles.   

Mack says, "What..or who is the snow badger?"   

Ewan tilts his head at the hedgehog"Never heard of de snow badger? hmmms ..maybe a story sometime."

Krisha smiles "I could tell the story or least one, if your willing to maybe help get some dibbuns to bed after dinner Mack. "

Zeldove says, "Stories are always nice, any story really...well not scary ones but others, yeah"   

Mack smiles "Sure....sounds nice and I get along sort of well with the little ones"   

Ewan leans back and yawns"Gonna...take a nap..need a nap and dibbuns like most beasts from what seen"   

Krisha smiles as she stands "I best check on then dibbuns in face so see you after dinner then Mack "

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2019-11-02 06:14:33 PM)

Board footer