Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-03 10:08:48 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Return Of Bandit

=Short log where Marek greets Bandit as he returns to Ferravale=
Fv:Tavern
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Outside a sign swings on a rusty creaking frame above the doorway of the tavern depicting a faded painting of what appears to be three rather rich looking skeletons slumped over a table around a black chalice, perhaps such a thing could be taken as a warning but it doesn't appear to work on the locals. The noise within on a normal day is usually heard before the door is even opened and only rises in volume when one actually steps inside.
typical qualities of a tavern within, from the bar to the chairs and booths and the odd drunk who never seems to move it's the little details which encourage a patron to pay his tab if he likes his fingers. One look at some of the staff or customers might give the impression but the room is decorated to the fiercer tastes with bones, mostly skulls cropping up here and there to fill a gap on a shelf or decorating the walls above the doorways, fireplace and bar, a pair of axes joining the one over the fire with some signs that they've been yanked off to join in a fight a couple of times. Some of the comfier chairs are lined with fur and very rarely one might be found with a few pointed bits of bone to decorate the back. Despite the looks there is entertainment and fun to be had, some form of music usually played on a small stage in the corner and at least one bouncer usually tries to keep the peace while beasts gamble, drink and be merry.
A small door behind the bar leads out the back to the kitchen and cellars while one wall has been opened up in a wide arch to increase the space off into the next room where what seems to be a wooden fence with gates on either end has been set up as a fighting pit as further entertainment and something to bet over.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

If not for the chill driving beasts to seek warmth the tavern would probably be almost empty at noon. The tavern is half full with hardly a drunk or scoundrel in sight. Most have come for their noon day special. Some days the tavern doors were being beaten down by bandits and warlords...other days really were just...normal.   

Marek is cleaning flagons and handing off the occasional plate of woodpigeon, it's a slow day at the tavern, such a slow day that Marek hasn't even bothered to bring Zaram into the mix, who is probably somewhere taking note of historical events in Ferravale's past.

The tavern doors open rather unceremoniously, letting in a gust of cold air. A fox stands in the doorway. A burly beast with some muscle to his arms he leans to the heavy side with  the beginnings of a pot belly under his red tunic. His paw rests at the broad sword at his hip.   

Scared and missing a large patch from one of his ears the fox seems to just...stand there taking in the sight of the tavern before walking up to the bar. There is...something familiar about this beast...   

Marek raises an eyebrow as the figure strides into the room and puts the glass he was cleaning down, he eyes the beast up and down to confirm that the beast in front of him is truly who thinks it is ".....Mr. Bandit?"   

The fox only smiles, leaning his side against the tavern bar. "Now ain't that rude, naturally assuming I'm a Bandit." The fox imagined the scene in his head for quite some time, assuming he ever made it back. Perhaps he would parade gallantly through the streets, perhaps he would have some dignity. Instead the fox just begins to snicker. "I don't suppose I still have a tab...do I?"   

Marek seems annoyed at the question, but doesn't hesitate to pour Bandit an ale, any customer at all on a day as slow as this would be a blessing. "We had naturally thought you dead, Mr. Bandit. It is good to see you again. I did not think it was possible but the head guard that Ms. Blisa elected in your stead was even more incompetent" He makes an ale for himself. "Where on earth have you been?"   

The fox doesn't reply. He just seems to stare at the ale before him. There is a quiet sniffle as tears roll down the fox's cheeks. He doesn't say anything for a long while, he just struggles to compose himself after finally getting home. "Over the hill and beyond all reason mate. It's...sorry." He takes a another moment to calm himself down. "What with the circumstances when I went missing I...I was worried there was no home to come back too..."   

Marek only nods solemnly in reply. "Yes, I understand Mr. Bandit, ever since Mr. Scioto's unfortunate passing times have been hard on Ferravale, but all that business with Zurrgg's forces is behind us now" He takes a long swig of ale. "I assure you that Mr. Scioto has been avenged, and I am hard at work to assure that we have naught but better times ahead. I am more concerned about you, you certainly look worse for wear"   

The fox laughs, he rolls his shoulder, "Joints don't move as fast I would like them but I actually fill better than I have in a long time. Who knew it only take two kidnappings and imprisonment to finally work off last winter’s weight." He laughs, slapping his still fleshy but certainly thinner stomach. His laughter dies down a bit, "I would like to keep my...appearance a bit private though. I am still working up the courage to tell Blisa I am back. And...well, everyone else too."   

Marek raises an eyebrow as his annoyance rises. "Yes, after several seasons of being missing you attribute your greatest accomplishment to be weighing slightly less" He points out clearly irritated. "The real accomplishment is that you have managed to keep yourself alive this long, fat one" it would seem now that Bandit has proven his health is at least passable he is back to his critical ways. "Nevertheless, I suggest you hold back your ridiculous sense of anxiety and report to Ms. Blisa immediately that you are alive. Report to this to her and hope that she is forgiving enough to restore you to your former post, for if I have to put up with the ignorant waste of space that took your place for one more second, I was considering falling on my own sword!"   

One would consider the stoats words to be harsh but it was Marek being Marek. And the two were hardly friends to begin with. Bandit leans back in his chair and laughs. "Remind me why I missed this place again?" He shakes his head, "I got taken by bounty hunters on the eve of battle. They...well, yeah staying alive really was an accomplishment. Especially for the second group that..." He pauses, his words falling away. Instead he reaches for his drink, "Let's just say it was an accomplishment."

Marek nods begrudgingly. "Yes well..I apologize, but things have been harder here since your disappearance. It really is good to have you back, fat one; but one cannot simply waltz back into every beast’s lives as if nothing had happened. You must gather all the courage you can and present yourself to Ms. Blisa at once...although you may want to get yourself patched up first" He goes up the stairs and a short moment later comes back down with Zaram who begins applying herbs to Bandit's injuries and insisting that he drink some foul smelling tea.   

The fox tries to shoo him away, "What? No. Shoo shoo. I'm fine. I only look like I picked a fight with a monitor lizard because I...well I did." That was...oh so long ago, and preferred to the beast that came after. "I'll do what I can. Just, keep it on the down low that I'm back, ok? There are plenty of beasts here who would prefer I stayed dead. And whether or not the one with the pet snake is one of them...well, I have yet to decide." The fox finishes his ale, ignoring the tea. He turns sharply for the door, pausing to say over his shoulder, "It was good to see you..." and then walks away...

Zaram frowns as he fails to give the medicinal tea to Bandit. "Umm....oi don't thinks Zurr Bandit is will be taking the tea, sir". Marek simply shakes his head in disappointment but accepts Bandit's exit. "That is fine then, fat one!" He yells after Bandit as he leaves. "I sincerely urge that you speak to a healer whenever...*sigh* whenever it's...convent for you" As Bandit reaches out of earshot he throws his paws in defeat for the second time in as many weeks. "Why do I bother, Zaram? Why do I bother?"

Board footer