Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-07 12:18:43 PM

Leon

Found, In A Rain Storm

WHO:

Nardo- Healer

Mack-old tavern owner near Mossflower Village

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Village

Anwir-Evil Monitor

Matilda- Champion of Redwall(appears at end)

Vilfred- Log-A-Log

Some spoofs of various beasts

LOG:

It was early, and Mack was up trying to get breakfast started but the stove was acting up...again! He sighed and poked at the back of it and snorted “Stupid thing…” He used the billowos and soon it seemed to get going as he mutters to himself.

Nardo smirked “That thing is older than you Mack, you  need a new one..there is beasts here that said they help”

Xander comes inside the small kitchen and frowns, he was not feeling well at all, “Hey..” His arm was sore, slightly swollen and his paw was a bit swollen by his pinky finger.

Mack takes one look at the badger and right away frowns “Ya look  horrible lad..go back and sleep, have Nardo ‘ere look at ya”

Nardo walked over and hmmms slightly “Possible late reaction to those hornets ...or something else like allergies or..a cold maybe”

Xander shakes his head “The hornets was 4-5 days ago..this is lack of sleep, probably or something disagreed with me food wise.”He frowns he didn't sleep well, part because of the monitor and part because of a headache and  stomach ache, and his arm did hurt a lot, his paw and finger not so much as the arm was stung worse.

It was a good idea they had decided to go into the main area of the pub,  luckily only a half dozen beasts were there when ….

It would seem  not all bad things are caused by vermin or even weather, some  freak accidents happen and this was one of them,the stove had been messing up the past couple weeks and today it decided it was going out, with a loud bang! A bang that shock the whole pub, an explosion in the kitchen as the small stove decided to…..well explode, brick and fire all over, a vole screamed as he barely missed getting  hit with flying wood...the fire started to spread rather quickly!!

Mack eyes went wide,”Every beast out...now!!!”

Nardo frowns and started to help beasts get out of the pub, he ran into the kitchen and got an otter out, the other otter managed to avoid injury and lucky one just had a bad burn on their arm, they would live…..but upstairs came a cry of terror...a dibbun vole on the stairs..trapped..scared and wailing!

Xander quickly went to help!His cloak  suffered damage but he was not concerned, he reached for the dibbun vole “Its ok...come here I will get you out safe”

Mack made sure all was out and safe and went to sit on a log nearby watching the pub...burn, he blinked as it started to rain, “Well least it will  put it out…”

Nardo nods and check beasts “All..but wait...where is Kate!!” He scanned the  small crowd as it started to purdown rain, and where was the badger!

Among the chaos...was Anwir.He chuckled and then seen Mack, he slipped behind him and went to grab him while most was distracted, unlike most he loved chaos weather it was started by him or in this case..freak accident!

The vole ran to Xander and clinged onto him tightly.

Xander smiled and then looked around, the window.He held onto the dibbun and purposely broke the window and jumped out, sort of rolled and tensed up a little...ok luckily nothing out of place or broken, his elbow might bruise up something  horrible later but that was fine, it also didn't help his sore arm any at all and seemed to make it worse and the  slight burning  of the hornet stings..worse, it had started to go down but over night got worse again and he had no clue why. He did have a small burn mark on his ear and one on his elbow, but other than when the hornets got him like 4-5 days ago...he escaped serious injury and handed the dibbun off to a very relieved otter.

Mack shaked his head “My pub-----”Then he felt the monitor claws, and started to kick backwards only to fail as the monitor got a good grip, a yelp of terror escaped him before he was pulled backwards.

Nardo quickly looked over and  gasped “Not...not that thing again…..it's got Mack!”

Xander didn't care if his spear was gone, yeah he left it upstairs and his supply pack,or what was left of it, upstairs in the  now smoking tavern as the rain was getting the fire out. But he still  gave chase to the lizard...he had a fever yes, his arm swollen and painful, it felt like the fire  had gotten it when it didn't, it was from the hornets...a burn on his elbow was from the fire, but that was the only injury besides bruising, from the fire.His cloak was a bit ..messed up and he took that off to better run after the monitor, he was not failing a friend again!

Mack was rarely one to panic, but this thing had him, caught him off guard, “Help me!!”

Anwir can move fast, he rolls his eyes at the  hedgehog “Do..quirtezzzzzz down..pincusionnzzzzz”

Xander managed to catch up to the lizard and slams an elbow into his back if he can, anything to trip it up and make it let Mack go!

Mack just panics more, if the lizards grip is loosened he is taking the chance and kicking and  bolting if he  can, if he can’t then a lot of screaming and kicking.

Anwir was not expecting the badger to follow him as he is hit and lets go of the hedgehog, he rolls to the side and hisses as a scrap goes across his nose and some scales come off by his eye.He lays still and then suddenly kick to the badger as his guess is he will get a little too close.

Xander manages to avoid, most of the kick but gets some to the chest and coughs, the air kicked from him a moment.

Mack stumbles behind a tree and watches the fight.

Anwir chuckles with a hiss, “Youzzzzzzzz don’t look too good...I’m having the betterzzzzz dayssssssssss, hmmmm..hee hee..maybe I killzzzz you...funzzzz timessssssss.Not slayed a badger in a long while...killed two badgerzzzzzzzzz...wassssssss fun, but de cub...my brother ssssssstole…” He grins at Mack and goes to grab him again.

Xander backs away “L..leave me alone….”He half listens and tilts his head, why is this..familar to him, why is it...he snorts stupid swiss cheese memory, he’s heard this before, he knows he has.He glaces over at Mack as he slowly stands.”Let...let him go or..”He sways, dizzyness and an urge to..throw up, and he does as he coughs and shivers a little what is wrong with him?

Mack gasps and barely gets out of reach by going sideways,he looks around for a weapon of some sort and finds a few rocks and gets them, tosses them at the lizard!

Anwir watches the badger and smirks”You..are illllzzzzzzz...wotzzzzzz fun.”He tenses as the  stones hit him and he glares at the hedgehog,a smirk and a quick jolt forwards to slam the old hedgehog into a tree

Xander make feel dizzy,  like he will throw up again and like its over 100  degrees outside when its not, he snarls and goes to try and not down the lizard

Mack sees the monitor and then feels himself knocked out as he slumps to the ground.

Anwir is not as easy yo knock out, he twirls around to grab the badger by the throat. Lift him up and  carry him to a ditch if he manages to grab his throat.

Xander gasps in shock and surprise, ok first reaction is to pry the clawed paw off his throat, very..VERY few can lift him and not feeling his foot paws on the ground..combined with being dizzy makes for a feeling of falling but he knows he isn't falling.

Anwir  carries him over to the ditch and grins “I...couldzzz...eatzzzzz you...rip your heart from your chestzzzzzz and it would be the last thing you ssssssssssee before death takesssss you….but you wanted me to leave you alonezzzzzzz…”He gets right in his face and squeezes more, not  enough to slay him but  make him pass out, it's also still pouring down rain”SSSSSSSssssoooo I willzzzz”He then lets go of the badger,dropping him into the ditch! He turns and goes to get the hedgehog and an evil chuckle as he heads to his campsite.

Xander gasps as his good eye flutters shut, he feels the sensation of falling and then the world goes  black as he drifts into unconsciousness, he somehow misses the  water in the ditch, but with the pouring rain, it won't take too long to get to him! Being unconscious right now is a very..VERY bad thing.

Meanwhile at the pub…..

Nardo was getting worried and then this group of shrews  showed up of all things, so a sign as he goes to speak with them. “Ello..I am Nardo and the stove sort of...decided to  explode and die..but enough of very old stoves..my friend got grabbed by a monitor lizard and a badger, who I think  shouldn't  be doing much of anything, went to try and help my friend…”

Also in the area was the Redwall Champion as he  made her way to the front, a frown, a nod to the shrews as she looks at Nardo and speaks “ Hello..I am Matilda, did you say a badger was here...was his name Xander by any chance?” She frowns at the monitor part but listens to see what else is said.

Nardo turns around and nods “Yes And he is in no shape to be looking for the monitor, who took my friend Mack..Mack is a hedgehog..an old old friend of mine and this was his pub...the pub can be rebuilt..Xander is ill, he got stung by  some hornets and I am thinking he is having delayed reaction to them, so  would be bad idea to...well do anything right now.”

Vilfred speaks “We look for Xander, let’s go!” He says to his shrews, he is hoping he isn't very far.

Xander isn't too far, but it's not like he can yell for help seeing as he is a bit...unconscious right now, water lapping over his back and legs now as he is still above water but slipping towards it in a sort of slow motion.

Nardo decided to come  help as well as he scans the area and frowns, no sign of anyone.

Matilda was not gonna give up, she just happened to look down and  see the badger, quickly acting fast she went to grab him under the shoulders and does her best to get him back to the path.

Vilfred frowns, there isn't too much he and his shrews can do.

Nardo thinks fast and rushes off “Keep him above the water and don't fall in yourself!!!” He comes back with some of the village beasts from the nearby Mossflower Village and they go to help get Xander back to the shore and onto the path so he can be checked out as Nardo takes a pulse,  feels his forehead, looks at his arm and paw and any other wounds.

Matilda stays close and out of the way as she watches, a frown of worry forms”Is he?”

Xander is alive, though if he had not been found when he had it well could of been much  different. His arm is swollen again when he was stung 3-4 times, his  left paw is swollen some, for sure the pinky finger, again he was stung on that finger near the bottom. He has a fever also,  it would seem some of the bee venom is still in his system and needs  drawn out and soon. He also has some bruising on his neck, elbow and his side slightly.He is deeply unconscious and shivers a little from the fever and the fact he is soaked from the rain.

Vilfred steps forwards “Wot are we to be doing now?”

Nardo speaks “May be wise to get him to Redwall, they can better help…...we can make a strather for him...but first “He nods to the villagers “Blankets...now ...and maybe a cloak...and we get him out of the wet clothing and wrapped in warm blankets…..some sheets can make a stretcher for him ...I have a small amount of something for the bee venom but not much, enough to hopefully  help some  till he can get to the abbey..I am a healer so I do know this...he needs help I can't fully give and he needs it  before sundown...or…”He  doesn't finish that  sentence...basically get the badger  to an infirm  like now!

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer