Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-30 01:17:22 PM

Ol'random
Website

Sketch of Terrence

So I was kinda bored a few nights ago and did a profile sketch of my character Terrence:

qhrk7pE.jpg

The uniform he's wearing is more or less how I imagine what a fighter in the Long Patrol wears when in full gear for particularly long campaigns. Originally he had boots, but I decided to switch to puttees, as they look a bit more 'medieval'-esque (plus they're more British-army-ish, wot!).

The part I dislike the most is the mustache as I have absolutely no idea where that would go on a hare's face, so I think he might shave that later

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2019-09-30 08:14:48 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Re: Sketch of Terrence

Aw, very cool! The footware choice was a good one.. he looks set for a long journey.

Always liked this illustration of Basil from one of the old RW hardbacks I had as a kid; the artist did a neat interpretation of ‘facial hair’ on a hare if you want some mustache inspiration

7-F84-A245-571-B-40-C5-BA63-587-B632-AF928.jpg

Love when folks post character art here! Keep drawing!

#3 2019-10-03 11:31:32 PM

Ol'random
Website

aeysin wrote:

Aw, very cool! The footware choice was a good one.. he looks set for a long journey.

Always liked this illustration of Basil from one of the old RW hardbacks I had as a kid; the artist did a neat interpretation of ‘facial hair’ on a hare if you want some mustache inspiration

http://rwmuck.org/forum/images_old/7-F84-A245-571-B-40-C5-BA63-587-B632-AF928.jpg

Love when folks post character art here! Keep drawing!

Thanks! I actually really like it too when people post stuff (really any sort of art be it landscape, character, or whatever I'm a sucker for it).

I think on the cd case for the audiobook of the first book has that picture of Basil. The muttonchops there really fit him, especially based on his voice in the recording. That recording actually got me into Redwall way back when, or at least aware of it - I was about 8 at the time, so serious blast from the past there.

I always liked more naturalistic styles of art for Redwall characters vs more cartoony ones (not that there's anything wrong with the cartoony-ish, just a personal style preference), and most of versions on the books I got have them. The eye are the biggest reason for that, as I've always vastly preferred more animalistic eyes on an animal vs a more human look often used in more cartoony styles (I think it has to do with finding human eyes on animals a bit uncanny? I dunno *shrug*).

I'm also an absolute sucker for historical clothing and armor (and weaponry... look at that poleax - probably my favorite part of the sketch if I'm being honest), which causes an odd very human body with a very animal head, which I think could fall into the uncanny valley if I'm not careful.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#4 2019-10-04 12:53:39 PM

Leon

cool

I had drawings of Leon and Caleb...but lost them sad

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe