Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-03 09:50:22 PM

Leon

Well....Least he Has A Place to Stay A Night....

Nardo- Healer and Tavern Beast

A white fured no name yet squirrel- spoof of Nardo

Mack-Spoofed By Nardo-Bar Tender

Xander- Leader of the Mossflower Defenders

spoofs of a dozen or so beasts

LOG:

The Pub was a good place to hang out, though not the busiest place around, it had its moments.Tonight a group of mice and voles was here, at the bar Mack the hedgehog worked at the bar serving drinks and speaking with beasts.

There was also a ferret, but they got along with him in this mostly woodlander  village, Mossflower Village.

Xander walked in as he glaces around, he had on a hooded cloak he had worn the past couple days, trading some supplies for it in fact, a fair trade he had decided.He sighed, the only thing was he was broke, and he was hungry..plus tried as well.He walked up to the main bar and sighed, but cleared his throat.

Mack looked over as he washed a mug "Can I..help ya lad. or ya just passing through?" He studies the badger and chuckles "A badger, ya guys are rare around here, then again don't see many anywhere guess you lot keep to yourselfs"

Xander shrugs "I..guess you can say that, I..need a place to stay a couple days but I have no coins for food or drink, or...a room BUT I am willing to work..clean, cook...be a bar tender to earn a room for a couple days, and meals."

Mack sighs, he finished cleaning "I be doing better if my friend wasn't taking his time, he was supposed to be back last night and he wasn't,..tell ya what find him and get him back here..if you can, he's..a bit..grumpy, but ya can tell him Mack says sorry fer....well changing his scone recipe."

The tavern just looks at him, some like the new scones and others do not it seems.

Nardo sits at a table by himself and sips some ale as he looks over at the badger, he has not had the best luck with badgers in his past so he  tends to keep away from most of the beasts.

"Ok..I will find him..umm whats he look like?" Xander asks quietly.

Mack  tilts his head and grins "White fured squirrel...blind in one eye and the other is green.Wears this crazy looking feather hat, with leaves....cant miss em'"

Xander nods and walks on out, he was on a mission and one he hoped he could get done, and he keep an eye out for trouble, or beasts who maybe was looking for him, after all he assumed he killed the abbot, though the abbot was alive and well..he never got the news he was as he looked around.

High in a tree someone watched him and munched on an apple, the core he aimed, and threw it at the badger.

Xander tenses up as the apple core hit his shoulder and looked around, seeing the squirrel he walked over carefully "Your Mack's friend, he says sorry and to come down...well back to the tavern"

"And why..he changed me family recipe, had it for years and years and years...goes and changes it without asking, how rude and why he send ya I am not coming back."

Xander sighs and decides to get closer by climbing the tree that is beside the squirrel, "Come on..seems your friends maybe talk and discuss it..work something out?"

The pure white fured squirrel watches the badger and snorts, then frowns "Get down ok..or ya gonna be one sorry beast"

Xander keeps climbing, "Look..please I don't mean you harm...I told him I get you to come back, please..friends should  not..just  stop being friends over something like that..he seems to miss you."

The squirrel just frowns, there was a reason he wasn't trying to be mean...the reason is a hornet nest is on that next branch, a fair size one and  hidden well  since its mostly old hollow branch, likely to fall next storm and yet somehow it never does..it lives on..the hornets don't take kindly to this badger paw  smashing the tip of their home and they seek quick revenge with stingers and  swarming...5.....10....ummm.....30...and a LOT MORE...might wanna get out of there!

Xander finds out too late as he feels crawling and his good eye widens as two hornets sting deep into his arm, one gets his  finger as he screams in pain and lets go crashing into the branch under that one, into the next and twists to crash into 3 more and the  ground with a groan, his wrist hurts something  awful and so does his lower arm..3 stings and his finger has 1 as well.

And the hornets are still there and part of the nest, yeah like 1/6th of it sort of flutters to the ground, the swamp of hornets mainly stays by the nest and 3-4 decide to hunt down the badger.

"RUN!!" The white squirrel says as he cusses, he gets a couple stings to his nose and climbs down quickly and heads to a path "Follow me!"

Xander gasps and follows, swatting at the  hornets "How long do they  chase you!!!"

The white squirrel finds the pond and smirks "How long can ya hold your breath?" He jumps into the pond.

Xander slows and frowns, but ok a hornet stings his finger..again! And he takes a deep breath and gets barely into the pond...hey he cant swim ok.

The hornets fly back and forth, one or two drown and the other couple fly away.....all is well now.

The squirrel surfaces and swims over to the shore, he arches a eyebrow at the badger..

Xander coughs and gasps and  frowns, his arm hurts, his wrist hurts..his finger...hurts as he frowns and looks at the squirrel.

The squirrel sighs "Ok lets go..."He leads him back to the tavern, he goes to Mack so they can chat but before that "Nardo!!!"

Nardo comes out of the back and rolls his eyes "What...not deaf ya know...."

Xander sits down at a table and is scratching at his arm and  frowns, his arm a little swollen, as is the finger and wrist, the wrist also bruised.

Nardo walks over "Hey..let me look...oh my, got to get the stringers out, they lose them sometimes.."He goes to slowly scrape them out , well best he can as there is like..how many? He looks at the finger, the wrist and hmms "Bad sprang..maybe a hairline fracture....best a splint anyways 2...3 days and see.....names Nardo and you be?"

Xander lets him work, unknowns to both a couple stings are in there...well a stinger and a half, out of like 8-9 which are out. The wrist has like a stress fracture and should heal, providing he  doesn't use it that is."Xander Winters....."

Nardo nods and sits back "So a wanderer or just...visiting?"

Mack returns and nods "Ok...ya earned a meal...and a room,  help with breakfast tamorrow and ya earn a 2nd day and...thanks, think me and Luke has things worked out"He smiles, "And looks like you need rest....and a ..bath, ok eat...a bath and then..'ere" A key is given..."I expect ya up when the sun starts rising"

Xander nods "Thanks sir, thank you very much and you too Nardo for the...help with the arm and wrist..."

Nardo nods and stands, he seems to have places to be, things to do.

Mak has a couple beasts to shoo off, then

Last edited by Leon (2019-10-04 05:26:38 AM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer