Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-26 07:07:53 PM

oz

Someone Pushed The Abbot Down The Steps!!-Redwall Log

Who:

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Matilda- Champion of Redwall

Elmef- Elder and Groundkeeper of Redwall

Deniz- Camp Willow Otter

Spruce- Visator to the Abbey

Caleb-Brother of Redwall

Cota-Teen

Cynthia- Sister of Redwall

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall

Lillymoore-Bell Ringer of Redwall

Angela- Healer at Redwall

Keldorn- novice OF Redwall

Ewan- Residential LP RW HARE

Some other spoofed Abbey and Order beasts

LOG:

Deniz has never been to the abbey so this is interesting, he is already curious and in wonder of it all and grins as he looks around "Neat, can't say was ever anything like this by the sea coast."

Gorvenalus has been busy making sure things are in the log books, even double checking and had found 4-5 menus of past feasts even, and he planned to look for more.He looks up as he sees the otter and waves "Greetings to you friend otter, it's a good day today"And it is, sunny and maybe a couple soft white clouds in the sky.

Xander walks, muttering something as he catches a few words and rolls his eyes "It's not a good day..its an annoying day" He decides to go up the stairs to the wall top, like no one goes up there very often and it's a good view anyways.

Deniz grins and tilts his head at the badger "Annoying?" He shrugs at this, hey he is in a happy mood right now and plans to keep his mood"Good day so far..I am Deniz from the western shores but I live at Camp Willow now"

Gorvenalus frowns a little but decides to just leave him be, he can speak to him later maybe if needed.He smiles at Deniz "Always nice to have an otter come visit"

Deniz says, "Never been here so thought I visit it, see it and maybe some other areas of Mossflower"

Keldorn enters about that time "Mossflower is bigger than it looks my friend and many things to see"

Gorvenalus chuckles"There is a lot to see in Mossflower, but not something to try in one day"

Caleb enters the grounds, beside him is Cota as Caleb speaks "I think you would like the abbey school Cota, just...think on it ok"He gets a nod, it's not like the teen doesn't already know some stuff and the one class he had was seriously boring.

Cynthia follows shortly after Caleb and Cota as she smiles, she is still glad to be home again.

Deniz nods "Well no...not in one day but a series of days and I wanna see snow they didn't have much of that at the western shore area I live at, when does it like..snow?"

Keldorn shakes his head "Not for a while yet its barely Autumn now"

Ewan looks around, hmmm a lot here as his ears perk a little "The snow can wait a long while, snow isn't that great of a thing"

Xander has stayed away from this..gathering crowd, he has glaced down ever so often but has yet to walk down yet, seems he might stay up here a while.

Gorvenalus chuckles "Dibbuns seem to like the snow but not not everyone does.Not good to travel in that's a fact, it's fine to look at if one is ready for winter and the abbey just about is.I have yet to see how the shrews and otters are, always good to check on friends"

Benar comes walking into the main clearing from the direction of the pond, the Abbot carrying a scroll in one hand and chatting to Brother Elmef. The two put their heads together for a moment then Elmef starts off toward the main Abbey and the Abbot pauses to look around the entryway to see who is about.

Caleb smiles "One reason me and Cynthia came back when we did"

Cynthia smiles"I like snow, well no it would be bad to travel in"

Xander is on the wall tops, basically by himself for now,he does see the abbot but stays where he is.

Deniz says, "Still be nice to see snow...when it comes..ya know snowball fights, build snow beasts..maybe snow castles, like sand castles but made of snow not sand, that could be a thing""

Ewan says, "One can make wot ever with snow, right now it's nice to look at all the colored leaves"

Gorvenalus smiles "Maybe ...could be fun and one doesn't have to be young, to have fun"

Benar asks, "Hello everyone," he stops near Gorvenalus and smiles, "I hope you are all having a good day," He smiles then leans into the recorder, "Is Xander in a mood again?" He looks up at the wall tops, "Maybe I should go try have another word." He taps his foot on the floor and stares up at the walltop, "Gorvenalus, do give my best to our guests," He nods to Deniz before heading for the stairs and starting up.

Xander has been in a bad mood the past...few days as he looks over the wall to the dirt road below and , he happens to look at the steps and sighs..maybe if he just ignores him, he will..go away.

Caleb has been back...a day and has on his brother robes as he has Cota beside him as the others chat about...snow and fall leaves of all things,he chuckles little.

Cynthia glaces at the abbot and listens as the others talk a bit, she dusts off her robes a little as she listens.

Deniz grins and watches as the abbot walks off and shrugs "Busy guy huh"

Ewan says, "The abbot is always busy..this time in the seasons for sure but business is slowing down now some""

Gorvenalus frowns "I think so..."He nods and turns to the otter "Yes he is busy but will usually find time to chat with visitors , even if its at dinner"

Benar reaches the top of the stairs and smiles up at Xander, "Xander my dear, would you like to talk?" He glances down at the entry then back at the badger, "Beasts are worried about you and I am as well, you have not been yourself of late."

Keldorn has just been listening to the talking and chuckles, he nods to Cynthia "Did you find your shrew friend by the way?"

Xander snorts a little as he hears the abbot and turns around "I...am fine...just fine"He mutters something "Yeah yeah...again with this self..find myself..or wot ever...or not been...self..wot ever"

DoraRose has been outside the Abbey for a few days, looking for her son and the evil monitor lizard she heard about. She had told the Abbot and made sure the guard was prepared for her absence. She was only going to be gone 2 days and a night, and now she's returning just when she said she would. So she kind of missed the event of her son returning home. She enters through the Main Gates, keeping her gaze down to make sure no Dibbuns sneak out. A guard whispers in her ear as she shuts the gate, and she glances in the direction he's pointing...and her axe drops to the ground as she sees her son. "Caleb?!"

Angela has been holed up in the Infirmary for the past few days, dealing with a trio of Dibbuns who had gotten into poison ivy and had serious allergic reactions. She has finally gotten them to the point where she feels she can take a break from the Infirm, and she has decided to take a stroll around the pond. Seeing her great-grandson and his family, she also calls his name as she hobbles over to him.

LilyMoore has been helping her great-grandmother in the Infirmary, and right now she's in the Bell Tower with all her bird friends, worrying about her brother. Her instincts say he's fine, but for once in her life she's not believing them. She's literally staring right at him, but from the window high in the Bell Tower, it's hard to tell who anyone is. Especially when there are many mice who wear the robes of the Order in this place....

Krisha has gotten a break from the dibbuns, today she seems to have needed it, and right now she has sticky honey and leaves on her, most likely the DAB..such a fun day, she looks to the entry and wanders over.

Benar tucks his arms into his sleeves and frowns up at Xander, "Xander my boy this is really not like you... it is not about finding yourself or even being yourself. But I am worried, I do wish you'd talk to Angela again or even Krisha, your wife is as worried as I am."

Caleb sees Dorarose and runs over to her to give her a hug, he seems fine,"Mom...." He smiles, Cota stays by Cynthia for now as he looks over at the two and yawns, he is tried.

Cynthia smiles, she lets Caleb go see his mother.

Deniz grins "A reunion, reunions are always de best thing in the whole world"

Ewan steps out of the way and looks over, hmmms well he has no clue who Caleb is but he can always find out later on.

Gorvenalus smiles "Yes reunions are always something for one to be happy about my friend. ``

Xander shakes his head and crosses his arms over his chest "I.."He looks down, hmm a lot of noise..oh like a reunion or something,wot ever he is happy for a bit of distraction as he looks back to the abbot" I..am fine just..just LEAVE..me ..alone...ok" He was already moody and getting more grumpy now, but he was holding in flat out yelling right now.

DoraRose goes to wrap her arms around her son and hold him close. "Oh, Caleb, my Caleb, honey, I'm so glad you're okay! I missed you so much, and I heard there was a crazy monitor who had you, and....oh, I'm just so glad you're okay!" The guard isn't sure if he should take the Gatekeeper's axe and sword or not. Would she be going on duty now? Angela has decided that she's not following her great-grandson just yet, and so instead stands beside his wife and son, content to just be quiet and calm in their company. LilyMoore has apparently missed all of this. Otherwise she'd be down here by now.

Spruce, having heard the commotion from the beasts gathered by the gate, comes out of the Great Hall, shutting the massive doors behind him as gently as he can. After the loud thud, he makes his way down the stairs hesitantly, eyes wide at the yelling badger, coming to a stop just behind the group. "Ehm, excuse me," he starts in a timid voice to the creatures nearest him, though still keeping his eyes on Xander, and asks, "Uh, what happened...? And why is he so...angry?"

Krisha looks up at the walltops and catches sight of Benar and Xander and decides to just let Benar talk with him for now as she has failed to get more than a word or two in much or she is busy, or cant find him, so she will wait.

Benar sighs softly and shakes his head, "Xander... you can't keep ignoring this, whatever is troubling you or wrong if you just keep pushing us all away it will only make it worse." He sighs and glances down at the small crowd in the courtyard, "Everyone down there loves and cares for your Xander, so please... let us help?"

Caleb smiles "I'm fine mom..I sort of tricked it by staying under water like 6 minutes..it probably thinked I drowned and the one overturned hollow log helped too and he didn't follow me...I'm fine"He shrugs at the squirrel Spruce"He..didn't like lunch maybe?I did accidentally burn the tops of a dozen rolls" Hey he forgot, it's the fault of others being like oh hey your back and welcome back and..what's that smell and the rolls were burnt..bummer.

Cynthia chuckles a little at the burn rolls, "He was close to the Gousim camp..."Yes she went out maybe was a bad plan but she ended up being ok"I was looking for a friend, guess he was elsewhere but I found Caleb and that was better" At the time yes.

Deniz frowns, he nods "Well least it was just burnt rolls..one of my sisters tried to cook and about burnt down our house..totally ruined the oven she did"

Ewan frowns "You murdered innocent rolls, how could you? Food is to be not burnt, burnt food is sad food"

Keldorn chuckles at this, he does look up where Xander is briefly and back to the others, let the abbot and the badger chat...a lot is going on at the entry, so it's likely more quiet on the wall tops.

Xander snorts as he glares at Benar and then takes a deep breath, "Just....like anyone cares..no one seemed ta miss me when I was away a couple weeks NO ..ya want to GET RID OF ME....go to the shrews and learn...right..help them, ok...stay a season, wot EVER..."OK he is trying to not be angry, but he is and he has had it all bottled up inside for a while and looks ready to just walk off somewhere else.

Angela shrugs. "'M not sure whot's wrong with Xander. May'ap I can talk to 'om later..." DoraRose hasn't let go of her son. She missed him too much. "Burning rolls, huh? Guess I need to give you a few more lessons in the kitchen," she informs him with a wink. Looking up at the walltop, she frowns. "Is Xander still upset? I talked to him a week or 2 ago, and I was hoping I'd helped him..."

Pausing, Spruce replies to Caleb, "Oh. So I wasn't the only one who thought there was something off about those rolls..." He walks over to Caleb and who the young squirrel assumes is the mouse's mother, visibly brightening up. In a far more light-hearted tone than earlier, he says, "And good to know that isn't the usual quality of food here! Though," he once again looks up towards the badger and abbot, "That's a rather petty reason if that's why he', er, Xander's, so, y'know..." Shrugging, the squirrel adds, "Doesn't sound like that, though, but hey, what do I know?" He gives a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of his neck.

Krisha sighs as she walks over and smiles, she decides to just see this reunion "I am glad your son is home Dorarose, you're probably never let him out of your sight now."She looks up at Xander and sighs, she shrugs "Maybe Benar can help better...I don't know, Xander won't really talk to me and told me to shut up the couple times I tried."

Benar stares up at Xander in surprise, "I... you do realize I said the shrews would be a good idea, in a month or two, after you patched everything up with Krisha," He shakes his head, keeping his voice mild and quiet, "You're the one who ran off the next day to join them Xander," He reaches out a hand to place on Xander's arm, "We have never tried to get rid of you Xander, why would I do that?"

Gorvenalus shrugs"Well...I am unsure, I am sure things will..be ok"

Caleb chuckles "Maybe, been sort of use to a camp fire is all, was with a traveling group for a while"

Cynthia smiles "But we are home where we belong and you can have all the cooking lessons ya need dear"

Deniz smiles "Home is a good place...I call Camp Willow Home now myself"

Xander is starting to go down the steps and is just..grumpy, he shakes his head as he starts to say something else, most likely making the Abbot back off a couple steps seeing as they are maybe between half way up and 3/4 of the way up the steps. He mutters something and the paw touches his arm and he growls a little and holds back a yell...or tries to as he goes to slap the abbots paw and move him out of his way. "Just...Leave...me..ALONE!!!!!!" He just wants to get elsewhere, in his mind, everyone seems to hate him."I..DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!"

DoraRose chuckles at the thought of never letting her grown son out of her sight, then grows serious when Xander starts shouting. "Everybeast stay out of his way," she orders as she releases her son and heads to the stairs, grabbing her axe and setting it in the doorway of the Gatehouse on the way. Pausing at the foot of the staircase, she takes in the situation, tense and ready to act if necessary. Angela whispers something to a guard standing nearby, then starts shooing people away from the main gate as he runs off. "Y' 'eard th' Gatekeeper, outta the way. Just in case 'e feels th' need t'bolt."

"Campfires? That'll do it. So, uh," Spruce seems to now be trying to ignore the badgers and abbot on the wall, instead turning his full attention to those around him, or at least trying to. "I'm Spruce, in case anyone was wondering." Shifting from one paw to another, the squirrel clearly still is nervous about Xander, though his eyes are now on DoraRose's ax. "Wait," he points to the weapon, asking Caleb, "Does she actually use that thing...?"

Krisha frowns as she takes a deep breath and decides. ok maybe she should go over and talk to him, or wait..she seems unsure and heads over to the stairs with a frown.

Xander's shove as the badger pushes his paw off his arm catches the squirrel by surprise. A badger shoving somebeast is never gentle and the force is quite disproportionate to the smaller squirrel's body. Benar staggers back half a step and one of his sandals slips and then he quite simply drops.

He has a moment for a short scream as he is pushed over the side of the stairs before he hits the courtyard floor a good eight feet below. To anyone looking up from below it looks quite as if Xander just shoved the Abbot off the stairs and it doesn't look accidental The grey squirrel lays there on his side, quite still, his tail drifting down to curl on the floor next to him, seemingly unmoving.

The Abbot of Redwall Abbey is down.

Bedlam erupts in the courtyard and over near the orchard as various members of the order and abbey residents going about their business and chores freeze, or scream and point.

Ewan frowns, his ears droop and he just stares "That's...not a good....thing."

Gorvenalus tenses, yes he is the Recorder of the abbey but he also has his healer skills as shock quickly is gone as he rushes over to the Abbot to check on him,
Deniz eyes get wide "Oh my goodness...that...he fell or..."He looks up at Xander and frowns, ok he is not going near the badger right now as he isn't sure if that was on purpose or accident, either way it ended in a very bad fall and he is not a healer "Is he like.......?"

Cynthia gasps as a paw goes over her mouth, she is not sure what to do now, others sort of stand there as well in shock.

Xander looks on in shock and horror, he did NOT mean to shove that hard, it was an accident."No...no no no....."He is thinking the worst, the possible worse thing ever right now, tears even form "W..W..Wot did..I..I d....do..."He uses the chaos to ...well he is leaving, he is running away...he ends up going down a different set of stairs as there is others and goes past anyone , seemingly unwilling to block his path right now, and he is out the gates and onto the road. Did he just....kill Benar? That's the thoughts running through his head, he wasn't moving after all! In his haste he may of left his blade behind, but right now he doesn't care!

Gasps go up from the crowd, and DoraRose looks up at Xander in shock. She heads up the stairs and hears what he's saying to himself. "Xander, wait!" she takes off after him, noting that he doesn't have his sword. But he has enough of a head start (plus longer legs than her) that he leaves the Abbey before she can catch him. Standing at the open gate, she watches him disappear. Angela's shock wears off almost at the same time the Abbot hits the ground, and she's hobbling over to him as fast as she can. Kneeling beside him, she keeps him laying the way he is (just in case he has a spinal cord injury) and immediately starts checking for breathing and pulse. She needs to make sure he's still alive before trying to figure out how he's injured.

"I-" Spruce snaps around, letting out a gasp. "Um, did he just?" Bewilderment overtakes him as Xander disappears, the young squirrel in an almost dazed state wandering behind the others to stand by the abbot. "I..." He swallows. "Is the abbot...dead?" Eyes wide and fur standing up, his gaze drifts from the abbot and small crowd around him to the road and open gates, muttering,"May have been a mistake to come here, after all..." He seems almost ready to bolt himself.

Krisha gasps "Benar!!!!" She watches as Xander runs off, the look he had she frowns, but she isn’t gonna go follow him, she like everyone else is more concerned with Benar.

Benar is alive though his breathing is shallow and he is quite unconscious. Several more sensible Brother and sisters form a cordon between the crowd and the abbot so Gorvenalus and Angela can work together in peace without lots of people crowding around. Several beasts are all turning to look at Krisha for direction, blind panic hasn't quite broken out but everyone is shaken up and Spruce's words are echoed, "Is he alive, is the Abbot dead?"

Gorvenalus frowns as he looks over the abbot , also yeah not moving him as that be a bad idea .He can see breathing and sighs in relief. "How is his pulse Angela?" He looks him over for any wounds, selling and frowns, they can update the others here soon.

Caleb frowns as he stays where he is, very concerned for the abbot, he lets the beaver and Nana help as he looks to his mom, very worried.

Cynthia wipes away a couple tears as she just stays where she is, so unsure what to do now and lets the healers tend to him "Is he dead or alive? When will they update us?"

Deniz gulps, well this was...eventful, "Oh dear..."He looks at the gates "Should...someone go like find him or is that a bad idea?"

Keldorn helps to make sure the crowds stay back "Just give them room, they will let us know soon....I am hoping"

Angela starts looking the Abbot over for whatever injuries he sustained in the fall. "'E's alive, y'all need t'calm down. Panicking will make the situation worse." Lowering her voice, she murmers to the beaver, "Looks like 'e sustained a 'ead injury an' a broken arm, 'is left one. Can't remember if 'e's right pawed or not, but gotta 'ope 'e is. Checkin' 'is back and neck now, an' I think 'e's fine there. Won't know 'ow bad 'is 'ead is 'til 'e wakes up." DoraRose closes the gate and locks it, then jogs over to her son and his family. She goes to put an arm around her daughter-in-law's shoulders, although the Warrior is tense, filled with adrenaline. "Everybeast calm down. If my grandmother says the Abbot will live, then you can bet your life he will." LilyMoore dashes up. "What's going on?" "Lily, go get m' 'Ealin' bag!" The Bellringer dashes off at her great-grandmother's command, to frightened to ask any more questions.

After the gates are closed, Spruce, suddenly very aware of how he's a stranger in what is to his eyes a very /very/ strange land now, makes his way towards the stairs to sit down slightly apart from the crowd, sitting with a long sigh. The teenager shakes his head, not at all sure of what to do with himself, putting his head in his paws. "Guess running would've been stupid anyway, what with the mad badger out there..." He looks over to where the abbot is, brows stitched together in worry.

Hurrying down the steps from the great hall is Matilda, the hedgehog pauses for a moment as she spots Benar. Not quite believing what she'd been hearing but she doesn't go over, leaving the Abbot in the capable hands of the healers for now.

The hedgehog champion turns and makes a beeline for DoraRose and Krisha, "Mother Krisha... Dora..." She pauses and looks toward the Abbot again, "Is it true what they are saying? That Xander pushed him off the wall..." she trails off and frowns and mutters to herself, "Not that this is important right now..."

She motions to DoraRose to join her near Krisha if she will, "Mother Krisha, your orders?" She looks up at the Badgermother, then lowers her voice so just Krisha and those standing nearby can hear, "You need to take charge Krisha, the Abbot is going to be out of action for days... we have a harvest to finish, leave Xander to Dora and I, you need to start directing the brothers and sisters and get order restored."

Krisha stays off to the side, worry in her eyes, she walks closer and frowns at the squirrel "Did you see that look he had, He didn't mean for this to happen" She manages to not let herself get mad, she feels a couple small paws and looks down...great a couple of the dibbuns, the others are with Sister Ginny who mouths a -sorry-. The Badger mother hugs the dibbuns and picks them up to keep the two out of trouble.
She looks at Matilda and frowns, ok she knows this but never thought she would have to take charge as she hands the two dibbuns off to an order beast and takes a deep breath as she walks forwards"Ok every beast...calm down, we still have the harvest..Let Angela and Brother Gorvenalus tend to the Abbot, they will update us on how he is, he is alive."She looks at Dorarose and frowns a little"You and..."She looks at the abbey champ "Someone ..needs to find...Xander..." She goes to stand in front of the others.

Gorvenalus is busy tending to Benar as Anglea helps "Not sure on...infirm once we move him, maybe his own room...a healer can stay with him at all times"

Caleb looks over at the Badger Mother and frowns, he walks closer "I can help Lacota with cooking, if it's needed...even help get in the rest of the harvest"

Deniz isn't sure what to do to help, he just sort of stands there and listens , but he has ideas as he raises a paw.He can least do...something.

Keldorn watches Krisha, and looks around "Every beast needs to listen to Mother Krisha...ok"And that calms..well come now and the badger seems to have did a good job getting everyone's attention.

Cynthia frowns as she listens, this is a little scary and worrysome as some tears of worry go down her face.

DoraRose joins the Champion and Badger Mother. "I heard him muttering to himself before he took off. Xander absolutely didn't mean to do this." She watches as the badger takes charge, nodding slightly to encourage her. "Don't worry, Krisha. I'll do everything I can to find Xander and get to the bottom of this. I know exactly what I'm doing -- hey, let my daughter through!" she adds in an order as LilyMoore rushes back with her great-grandmother's healing satchel.

When the crowd lets her through, LilyMoore hurries through and kneels beside the Abbot, her paws shaking as she opens the bag and starts handing Angela what she asks for. The old Healer works quickly, setting and stabilizing the broken arm, swathing the concussion in bandages and an herb paste. Some Order Healers come up with a stretcher and start helping her and Gorvenalus work on the Abbot. "Aye, we'll take 'im to 'is chambers, set up a watch for 'im of th' most experienced 'Ealers we 'ave," Angela answers the beaver as the stretcher bearers go to put the squirrel on the stretcher to carry him to there.

Lily, having finished helping, she backs out of the crowd and rushes to her mother, tears pouring down her face. She still somehow has yet to see her brother.

The healers with the stretcher start for the main door, several of them clearing a crowd and pushing them back. Krisha will need to be a bit louder and forceful but several Elder members of the order are starting to appear from wherever they have been working.

Elder Elmef moves over to near Krisha and starts trying to herd the harvest crews back to work. "Brother Caleb thank you, if you can take over team four and get them back to the plum trees... come on everybeast, the Abbot will be fine. But none of us will be fine if he wakes up to find out we let the harvest spoil."

Matilda meanwhile nods to Dora, "Yes Mother Krisha, leave it to Dora and I... I am sure this was all just a horrible accident. But Dora and I can see to tracking down Xander, you worry about the abBOT, we'll find him."

Gorvenalus steps back and lets the healers take charge and sighs, well this will likely need to be in the log books..what fun

"Doesn't change the fact he bloody well pushed Benar..." Spruce mutters under his breath, though he doesn't seem keen on actually challenging the badger mother, warrior-hedgehog, or ax owning mouse on anything anytime soon. After the poor abbots carried away, Spruce bites his lip, looking over at the elder as he speaks. Sighing once again, the young squirrel stands, going over by Caleb. Reluctantly, he says, "I, uh, I can also help anywhere I'm needed. If needed, of course..." He tries to force a smile, though it comes out as a grimace more than anything.

Caleb nods as he goes to help with some of the beasts in the orchards.Can he...do that though, he is very uncertain.

Krisha frowns and clears her throat"Listen up!!"A few stare at her, one brother frowns as the Badgermother speaks again "Good..."She says as she manages to finally get everyone's attention as does this in parts.."Ok you 4..help Brother..."She frowns, and points to Caleb "Him" She doesn't know his name yet, she nods to another "And you...all....back to harvest you want the abbot upset?" A few shakes of heads "Ok then go to work..." They quickly do so"Ok still need others to still do chores...lets go and...yes stop standing around go" She is getting better at this, she is taking charge and just hopes wherever Xander is, he is ok.

Keldorn nods as he goes to help with the harvest as well.He will help make sure beasts don't slack off.

Deniz walks forward "Umm….Miss..."He says to the Badger "I can like...see if the otters and that..Gousim can help if like..needed. should I?"

Cynthia sits down and frowns "What if he like..gets worse or dies..what do we do?" She is willing to help she just isn't sure where.

DoraRose nods to her son. "Good job, hon. You got this," she murmurs to him. LilyMoore looks up, sees her brother (finally) through her tears, then goes to tackle him in a huge hug. "Caleb,ohmygoodness,Imissedyou,everythingisterrible!" She starts crying again, the emotions of the moment just being too much. Angela goes off with the other Healers, doing her best for the Abbot. After the Badger Mother is done shouting at everyone, the Gatekeeper steps up to her. "Should we go now? I need to eat something, but I can take it with me."

Spruce looks at Krisha then to those going to the harvest, still not quite sure what to do. "Uh, right..." While lanky for his age, the squirrel still is at least a head shorter than the average mouse, a fact he seems all too aware of. "I think I might just get in their way, y'know..." He laughs in his odd, nervous way again, saying, "Never was allowed to touch the scythes back home after the first time I helped there, so, uh," the squirrel shrugs, "I don't know all that much about the harvest..."

Gorvenalus walks up to Krisha and smiles"Your doing fine...I will place something in the logs and I have the logs of supplies and such and can update those as well"

Caleb is....tackled as he oofs and blinks , then smiles "Lily"He hugs her and smiles, yeah he is supposed to help with, what plum trees? And he will or maybe another order beast will help, he can get a little reunion time in "MIssed you"

Krisha nods to a couple more beasts and sighs as the Recorder comes up to her, she has not been this busy before but she will do her best "Thank you Gorvenalus.."She looks to Dorarose and the worry shows "I..eat something first, then you can track him down, I have no clue where he would go..."She glances at Deniz as he speaks and thinks, a nod "Yeah if we need the Gousim or...Camp Willow that would be a good idea...t..thanks" She looks tired already"Sister Ginny, please take over the dibbuns for now...Brother Rick and Sister Anna can help"She gets a nod "I will be in before bedtime and do a story still" he walks to where she can sit on a bench and places her face in her paws.

Deniz nods "I am..Deniz...and yeah yeah..will get on that now"He nods and is off.

Cynthia watches as some things, not all, calm down a little as she frowns "And the day started out good, it was nice"

Sniffling, LilyMoore nods as she buries her face in her brother's chest. "I missed you so much, too. I'm so glad you're okay. Are you gonna be back forever?" Matilda nods. "I'll meet you at the gates here in a little bit, Dora." As the hedgehog walks off, DoraRose turns to the newcomer squirrel. "Hey, could you go to the kitchens and tell the cooks DoraRose," she points to herself to make sure he's clear on who she's talking about, "needs a good meal to go? That'd be extremely helpful right now." She then walks over to the Badger Mother and goes to put an arm around her shoulders, saying nothing just yet, just giving her the comfort of her company.

Caleb nods as he smiles "I am back to stay me...Cota and Cynthia to live here"

Gorvenalus smiles "Your welcome, I can also help make sure some things get done..I was an Abbot once at Willowbark after all"

"Oh!" Spruce seems rather excited someone's actually addressed him, nodding. "Right! I'll do that- Uh, I'm Spruce, by the way! Nice to meet you!" The teen starts for the Great Hall but turns around almost as soon as he started. "Hey," He asks, "Which why are the kitchens, by the way?"

Krisha nods , a smile to the Recorder and the Champion, she looks around, anyone else to give some order to, no it would seem she is not overwhelmed, things have calmed and now...a sob escapes, she starts crying now. Too much at one time, this is the first time she has been in charge of...whoa the..abbey OMG...ok she can do this , she can she just did do a good job getting things calmed, she is just overwhelmed herself now.

DoraRose smiles at the young squirrel and gives him the directions to the kitchens with thanks. As the badger starts crying, the Warrior mouse goes to gently rub her back. "You did a good job, honey, you're okay. I'll do my best to find Xander, I promise. Go ahead and cry if you need to." LilyMoore looks up at her brother's face. "Wait, what about Lily, your daughter? Where's she?"

Caleb frowns when his daughter is mentioned "She...died of an illness spreading through the little village we stayed at for a season, a lot of others died too..Cota had a mild case of it and recovered lucky."

Gorvenalus stands "I will be in my office if I am needed" He does stay for a short while.

"Okay!" Spruce says, nodding, "Right! I'll be off!" Turning sharply on his hind paw, the squirrel runs up the stairs, going to open the great doors by pulling. After a moment or so of this, he stops, and cheeks red, realizes he needs to push. He does so, slipping and side and running off to go bother the cooks about the warax-owning-mouse.

Krisha nods and she seems ok, better in maybe 10 minutes as she sniffs "I...know this is something the badger mother ...has to do sometimes...didn't think be so soon and sudden and...chaos...how did Oz handle it when that sort of thing happen?"

DoraRose shakes her head. "Well, he had lots of practice by the time I saw him do it. It was probably just as stressful for him his first time as it is for you now." She sighs and rubs her eyes. "I wish I knew what's wrong with Xander. We were able to talk a few days ago, but I don't know if he's still stressing over that stuff or about something else." LilyMoore looks stunned, then very, very sad. She never even got to meet her niece. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I....oh, my." She has no idea what to say.

Caleb just hugs his sister quietly, he sighs as yes he is glad to be home just a lot going on and he may still be slightly worried about the monitor but he keeps that to himself.

Gorvenalus says, "You did well I think Krisha and all will be fine, now we can't have you getting stressed, all will be well."

Krisha nods "Yeah....hope so and..I don't know, really...don't know Xander wouldn't talk to me, figured he speak to the abbot, but...I have no clue I just know...he didn't hurt Benar on purpose, he looked horrified before he disappeared."

Spruce, an unburnt roll in paw, appears out of the Great Hall again, making his way back down the stairs. "Hey, Dorarose," he says between mouthfuls of roll, completely oblivious to the grim topics, "They're heating up some of the stew from lunch for you now..."

Sticking with her twin brother, LilyMoore stays quiet. She'll probably end up helping wherever he does. DoraRose nods. "Yeah, he was asking himself, 'What did I do?' I believe he didn't mean to. He may not know his own strength, or misjudged it in his anger. I do that sometimes." Smiling slightly, she nods. "Thanks, Spruce. That was very helpful for me." Okay, so she can't really take it with her. But the badger will be fine out in the woods for 30 minutes or an hour later, right? She hopes so, anyway.....

Krisha sighs as she nods, she looks to the Champion and Dorarose and frowns" Just....when find him...."She is unsure and looks tried but will stay awake as others need to talk to her "I will chat later, and...be careful...ok"She then walks off to talk to a couple of the elders.

Gorvenalus watches the badger and looks to Dorarose "I will help our Badger Mother get some things done, don't worry but she has a point...be careful.Maybe talk to Ferravale and the shrews, and I know that otters was gonna talk to camp willow"

"Right, no problem!" Spruce says, finishing his roll. He just stands there for a moment, looking from the mouse to the recorder.

DoraRose scowls slightly after the badger leaves. "I know, good grief, I'm not as hot-headed as I used to be..." Shaking her head, she looks the squirrel over. "I don't believe I've seen you before today, Spruce. Are you new to the Abbey?"

Gorvenalus chuckles a little at Dorarose..."So what os the plan seeing as he could be anywhere"

"Oh, yeah," Spruce says, rubbing his neck, "I got here yesterday. Parents sent me to for, well, the abbot mentioned school, but right now I'm not really sure how that's gonna happen with how he's," he makes a vague gesture towards the main building, "Y'know...injured..."

DoraRose raises an eyebrow. "Well, Benar doesn't teach much, so you'll still be able to go to school. Maybe you'll be in the same class as my grandson, Cota." An Order member brings her a big bowl of stew, a spoon, and a blueberry muffin, which the Warrior accepts with thanks. As they walk off, she starts to eat, answering the beaver between mouthfuls. "I was gonna try tracking him, following his trail. So long as it doesn't rain, that should work. I was also gonna double-check the armoury. I'm pretty sure he left his blade, so the sooner we find him, the better, probably."

Gorvenalus says, "I teach some...normally Mother Krisha would but not sure now...Sister Ginny maybe"He frowns "Well let's hope he doesn't end up needing a blade...the roads and woods have been...somewhat ok""

For a brief moment, Spruce's features fall, though he does manage a half hearted, "Oh, great..." at the news of schooling before smiling and saying, more convincingly, "Good! Very good..."

DoraRose nods as she continues to eat. "Except for that monitor lizard we heard about, yeah, the roads have been somewhat calm. Hopefully he'll be okay." Glancing at the squirrel, her eyes smiling, the mouse adds, "Yeah, I know you're not thrilled. You'll be fine, though." She keeps eating, still smiling slightly.

Gorvenalus frowns "Monitor?" He is not sure that is a good thing, "Well.....lets hope its gone we don't need that worry right now"

Not sure of how to deal with the acknowledgment of his dread of school, Spruce simply nods, saying, "Er, thanks." He glances at the beaver, saying, "Caleb mentioned he had a run in with a monitor before he got here..." He shrugs, "Though I don't know when that actually happened..."

DoraRose finishes her stew and hands the bowl and spoon to the young squirrel. "Yeah, that was, like, a week ago. Trust me, if I find this monitor, I'll make him regret the day he tried to harm my son." The fierce light in her blue eyes speaks truth to that. Nodding to the beaver, she adds, "Don't worry, I'll be careful. And I'll take my axe, just in case." As well as her sword, which in the insanity of all that happened she has forgotten to remove from her waist. "I'm heading out now. Matilda and I will be back soon." And she heads off, eating her muffin and stopping to get her axe. Then she and the Champion hedgehog leave through the gates, in search of a badger...

Gorvenalus waves and sigh as he looks around "Well I should check on Benar and some others but my guess is he is fine if Angela is with him, she will likely keep visitors away which are not needed till he feels better"

Last edited by oz (2019-09-26 07:21:26 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer