Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-10 10:05:05 AM

Lutea
Website

Long Patrol - Casual Scenes and Events

This is the scheduling board for Long Patrol scenes that a player plans to run! These are not 'big' things, just scenes and events that you plan to run and would like to advertise!

This will be an easy way to announce and implement division - specific scenes, in particular.

Feel free to use this template when advertising your event (BBCode has spaces added between letters and [ ], remove these so that your text will show up as bold, underlined, etc.):

[ h ] Type of Scene [ /h ]
[ b ] Open to: [ /b ] *If division specific, list the patrol unit. If healer/fighter/runner/etc. specific, say so - otherwise, it's "Everyone"
[ b ] Run by: [ /b ]
[ b ] Date and Time: [ /b ] *Please specify timezone
[ b ] Location: [ /b ]
Any other relevant information

As always, keep RPing as you see people on. Get creative, and have fun!

-Jinora

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#2 2019-05-10 10:06:11 AM

Lutea
Website

Re: Long Patrol - Casual Scenes and Events

Training Exercise!

Open to: Everyone
Run by: Jinora
Date and Time: Monday, May 20th at 8pm EST *Rescheduled*

This is a training exercise on the Western Shore, implemented by Major Tottheim. It is optional for those at or above the rank of Corporal, but mandatory for all on-duty Privates and Recruits (this is only true ICly, of course - OOCly, if you cannot make it or decide not to, that is totally fine).

This scene will involve the MU* dice-rolling system.

Last edited by Lutea (2019-05-14 02:27:15 PM)

#3 2019-05-14 02:27:24 PM

Lutea
Website

Above scene re-scheduled.

#4 2019-09-18 01:51:20 PM

Willow

Survival Training

Open to: Everyone
Run by: Gregorian & Zolomon
Date and Time: Thursday 17th October 12pm EST + potentially a couple of days afterwards as they run in to trouble.

Greg is planning on taking the recruits and privates out on some proper survival training outside of the mountain and away from the kitchens. They'll split in to groups (Any played chars can all be one group) and be sent out with a map and rations, told to follow the map to a point and collect something then find their way home without running out of food or getting lost.

By doing it quite late in the year it's Greg's thought that the frogs and toads in the marshland should be sticking quite close to home and not causing problems. This will not work out so well as a group gets lost and stumbles right in to them.

Any officers wishing to join can act as guides, they wouldn't actually help with the task but tag along with the group just to make sure they don't eat anything deadly or get so lost they're never seen again.

#5 2019-09-19 02:31:17 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I'm taking General Psychology, and I keep reading the title of this post as "casual", as in "caused by/causing something."  Not saying you need to change it or anything.  Just thought I'd mention it for the laughs xD

#6 2019-10-17 11:10:30 AM

Willow

Survival Training:
Thought this might go a little easier with visual aids. Below is a very rough attempt at a map of the swamps. The rooms on the muck don't really reflect it, there's more trees around, etc etc. It's just to help with this. Green grassy bits are swamp land, blue is bodies of water. The closer they get to the water the boggier the ground will get.
https://imgur.com/a/oQF5eL4

#7 2019-10-24 03:40:26 PM

Lutea
Website

I'm rping with y'all right now, but my internet just went down and xfinity says it will ve a few hours. Sorry ??

#8 2019-11-06 10:24:31 AM

Karth Riverbark

Reading the logs...you all should plan a find  Dominik role play. I think that would be neat.

And you need some more privates to join up ..so maybe people can make some fun loving brave hares to like..join up!!!!!

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#9 2019-11-07 05:13:50 PM

Montamillion

That will be the general idea at some point I think, once they get around to it. smile Meanwhile Dom has made himself at home in a cave just outside the marshes, where he's picking off the occasional toad for dinner and living the hermit's life with his best buddy toad-skeleton Blorg. big_smile It'd make for a really dark but amusing sitcom!

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

#10 2019-11-08 10:45:17 AM

Karth Riverbark

Ha ha....Dom and Blorg could have swamp tea together smile. The hares could find him and he could tell them how  Konner is fine he is with his new friend Blorg and the hares be like oh a new friend ok lets meet them....and Dom  introduces them...yeah Blorg is a little....ummm shy and quiet? Yeah thats it he is just shy tongue

Be really funny if he took Blorg to the mountain, like sure he will go home but ya know Blorg needs a home too...so there is like this toad skeleton just forevering chilling in Dom's room at the mountauin and the hares and even the Badger Lord is just like........yeah what ever...OH! And Blorg is always holding a mug of some sort of ale and a plate that always has a snack of some sort on it!

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#11 2019-11-08 08:53:26 PM

Montamillion

Yeah, the shenanigans with the toad-skeleton shall be amusing and endless. big_smile Not yet decided whether or not he'll bring it with him upon his eventual return, but...that would be pretty funny, gotta admit.

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

#12 2019-11-14 06:11:26 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Felicity will volunteer ICly to be on the team to try and bring Dom back.  She would let him keep his skeleton, if only to avoid an argument xD

#13 2019-11-16 03:30:11 PM

Ol'random
Website

Retrieval of Pvt. Dominik A. Kasimir

Open to: Everyone except recruits
Run by: Terrence and Dom
Date and Time: Saturday, November 23rd, 6 PM EST (11 PM GMT)

Sergeant Terrence has suggested a simple plan involving any hares ranking above recruit who wishes to volunteer to find and bring back the currently AWOL Dominik.

The plan is to set out for a small expedition to the swamp that will hopefully be finished by the time of the first snowfall in the area, with provisions that will last three weeks. Every hare that comes will bring full winter gear in addition to the standard kit, no exceptions.
After a suitable spot for a basecamp is found and established, hares acting as scouts will go out in pairs to search the swamp for the AWOL Private.
Once Dom is found, the scouts will report back to camp and a larger group of hares will attempt to make contact with him and convince him to come back with them. Failing that, there is a possibility of catching Dom off guard using either nets, traps, or simply surrounding him. It is to be made clear that absolutely no harm is to be done to Pvt. Kasimir during any of this, intentional or otherwise.
Major Varus has made it clear that if the weather turns and becomes too cold to continue the expedition will be called off and Pvt. Dominik will be presumed dead.

OOC Note: The whole expedition should only last until edit Saturday, December 7th or Friday, Dec. 6th (I will post the full details later), which is the day(s?) Dom'll finally be brought back to Salamandastron. In the two weeks between the start and end, the main idea is to have hares constantly run into boobytraps of pits, ropes, and nets or find toad skulls and other ghoulish warnings in the camp that keep appearing during the nights. Dom would never actively harm a patrol hare, so none of the traps are lethal - just annoying and tiresome.
To quote one of Dom's Room-pages, "There's only so many times one can fall into a pit or be strung up in a tree by their legs until it starts to get a little tiresome, haha."

Last edited by Ol'random (2019-11-23 03:28:15 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#14 2019-11-23 02:50:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Felicity is all in!  I actually have a speech prepared in my head that she could say to try and talk some sense into him xD  Perfect for the new Sergeant, right? wink

(And just FYI, December 6th is a Friday.)

#15 2019-11-23 03:29:57 PM

Ol'random
Website

Cool! Thanks, I'll edit that (I've been discovering I'm rather bad at reading calendars xD).
Right now I think either the 6th or 7th can work, depending on people's schedules

Last edited by Ol'random (2019-11-23 03:30:10 PM)

#16 2020-02-12 10:58:25 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

What if there was a storm? Like some icy rain storm on the coast and it  affected Halyard. It wouldn't affect the mountain BUT Maybe a couple hares are trapped in the storm and have to be in  cave by the ocean...or just have to stay in Halyard cause was getting...I don't...something like sweets cause it was a day off and so turns into the worse day off ever!

Also maybe some spring fair in Halyard a lot of hares get the day off to go to, I mean yeah wouldn't be till...Spring but a fun role play can be throw in there

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#17 2020-02-12 07:13:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#18 2020-02-25 03:35:38 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

So, while suffering through my cold this weekend, I finished rereading Lord Brocktree and read almost all of The Sable Quean because I'm wanting to read as many of the Redwall books as there are that focus on a Long Patrol hare.  In The Sable Quean, Buckler mentioned that they had balls on Salamandastron, and I thought (while incoherent 'cause colds do that to me), hey, we could do a ball!  Now that I'm coherent again, I still think it's a good idea!  big_smile

SO!  I vote we do a ball in the Mountain.  Have it be a requirement that nobody show up in uniform -- civvies are what everybody has to wear!  Like, there'd be 4 squads of sentries that rotate out so everyone would have a chance to attend.  There'd be 2 "squads" of leveret caretakers (you laugh because you didn't do childcare like I did) who switch out halfway through.  The leverets would have their own party so their families could go to the grown-ups party and not worry about keeping track of them.  I imagine Felicity would be trying to force Ciocan to go.  There'd be food, music, dancing, talking...a ball, for real big_smile

I vote we do it on Thursday, March 19th at 2 or 3 PM Central Time, with plenty of grace room for pre-party RPs.  This is the week of spring break for my college, so I should have plenty of time to come RP, and hopefully I won't have much homework left on that day. 
My second choice to do this RP is Thursday, April 9th.  I won't have class this day, but I'll still probably have quite a bit of homework, so I'd really rather do it in March.

What do y'all think? big_smile

#19 2020-02-25 04:30:29 PM

Mother Krisha

I Don't have a hare but sounds fun! Kind of want to make a hare now

#20 2020-02-25 06:09:18 PM

oz

Exciting and fun.....they need fun

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#21 2020-02-26 10:07:55 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Ok so 2 or 3  central time is 1 or 2 EST...sounds awesome!!!!!! Sounds fun!!!! And  the Long Patrol needs fun too...some good food! Some dancing! Let's have cake!..Pie?...BOTH!!!!!!!!!!

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#22 2020-02-28 01:14:56 PM

Elmef

That's 8pm my time
I should be able to make that as Quinten

#23 2020-02-28 01:28:06 PM

Ol'random
Website

This will be interesting (and already I can imagine something like Terrence slowly losing his mind if he's involved in preparing things rip).
On either day, the earliest possible time I can be on is about 3:15 central, so maybe we can say Terrence is in the first round of sentries. I would prefer the March date, though.

BlisaMarshmellow wrote:

Have it be a requirement that nobody show up in uniform -- civvies are what everybody has to wear!  Like, there'd be 4 squads of sentries that rotate out so everyone would have a chance to attend.

aw but I feel like a ball would be the only time any of us get to break out the ol' dress uniforms XD

#24 2020-02-29 01:06:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

1) I haven't written up Lissie's dress uniform Sergeant desc yet because we're still discussing the whole medals thing tongue

2) But I wanna stuff Lissie in a dress and make her uncomfortable xD

~*~

Sounds like the March date is the one everyone can aim for.  Terrence can be in the first round of sentries, then. 

Oh my cow, this should be fun!! big_smile

EDIT:  We shall have cake, pie, and cookies.  Don't worry, Elbio wink

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2020-02-29 01:09:39 PM)

#25 2020-03-03 05:28:36 PM

Montamillion

The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure that Dom would take up leveret-supervision duties for this particular event. He'd be extremely awkward in any other instance, and so that's kinda where I'm at with that. smile

Board footer