Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-23 09:51:52 AM

Willow

Hullabaloo

The Hullabaloo is a party otters hold every four years across the summer. Every otter is welcome and many tribes and Skippers make the trip. It would be assumed that every otter knows when and where it is so don't have to be invited.

Non-otters can wander in if they want, otters are a friendly lot and happy for the company of anyone who's not there to spoil the party! Vermin may not be universally welcomed but there's probably some otters for instance from Halyard or ships who know some vermin enough to vouch for them so they're not completely banned. They are likely to get ganged up on if they try to start a fight though.

The Camp Willow otters will be leaving camp 2nd July. They'll travel by ship but otters can choose to swim and they'll reach the shore 4th July.
The Hullabaloo will be set up where the river moss meets the shore, they'll moor the ships there and set up a big bonfire and tents.

I can't be on to run things every day so I was thinking instead we could have a bunch of ideas for things to do and when people are on they can do whatever they want or if they like they can pick ideas from the list for something to rp out.

Ideas for RP:
Stories round the fire
Fishing
Making nets
Inventing surfing
Meeting seals
Fighting a shark
Visiting Halyard or Salamandastron
There is a lot of friendly rivalry between Skippers and their clans. This means there are many contests that can be done. For instance:
Hottest/best hotroot
Eating contests
Strength contests such as tug-of-war on both land and sea, throwing things, arm wrestling, spar fights, etc.
Obstacle course
Swimming races
sailing races
Bragging contests
Team games, I don't think football or anything has been invented in Redwall but they probably have something similar or they can invent something.
Card games
Betting on contests

This is only what I've thought up so far, I'll add to the list if I think of more but if anyone has any ideas for things to do please do post them or rp them!

#2 2019-07-01 04:44:35 PM

Willow

Re: Hullabaloo

Just a reminder that the Camp Willow otters leave home tomorrow! They'll be swimming downriver but they're also taking boats carrying supplies and anyone who can't swim too or just wants a break.
Anyone who wants to travel with them can join them at camp or they'll happily pick up with anyone on the river. They'll arrive at the shore on Thursday. I should be on around 6pm muck time both days.

#3 2019-07-15 09:13:48 AM

Lutea
Website

Because my road-trip was poorly timed and I'm not able to be on much during this, I offer up an idea contribution!

For contests, using the +roll-dice command can make things more interesting. It might be fun to have a javelin-throwing competition with the following mechanics:

Two lines are drawn in the sand - a start and an end point, approximately 50 - 100 feet away.

At the start of every round, players type "+roll-dice 1d20"; the number they get is the number of feet that their javelin goes. It is up to them to determine the circumstances that resulted in that number.

The players run to where their javelin has fallen and throw it from that point. The first player to reach the "end" line is the winner (i.e. the first player whose dice rolls add up to the decided end point). So if it is decided that 50 is the winning number, the first one to get to 50 wins.

I'm happy to run this if I'm able to get wifi and be around! But I can't promise anything.

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#4 2019-08-16 06:25:25 PM

Karth Riverbark

Don't have a camp Willow otter, but this contest useing dice sounds intresting...could be cool to see

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#5 2019-08-18 02:13:58 PM

Piratical

Hey, just a heads-up to all otter players taking part in the Hullabaloo: as detailed in this thread, a pair of searat corsairs have recently turned up on the shores and are making their way towards the place where this festival is happening.

Don't worry - there's basically no chance that these villains are going to spoil your fun. Sawteeth and Bloodeyes are currently half-starved and desperate for food, and, despite being violent and vicious vermin, they're not really looking for trouble right now. They're alone, tired, badly equipped, and well aware that they won't win any fights against any of the locals. Besides that, even if they did want to fight, raising trouble this close to Salamandastron would be a great way to get the Long Patrol called down on their heads, so they're doubly reluctant to do so.

Really, they're just looking for food and safe passage to Redwall. They have no idea the Hullabaloo is going on, but they're almost certainly going to stumble into it by accident, so if any of you otter-types feel like playing out a scene where a couple of pirates blunder into the celebrations, we'd be more than happy to meet you.

"Take what ya can. Give nothin' back."
- Pirate's Creed, Pirates of the Caribbean

#6 2019-08-19 04:40:15 PM

Willow

Sounds like a cool idea! The otters would probably not give them a particularly warm welcome but they likely won't get attacked on sight if they're not looking for trouble!

Hullabaloo officially comes to an end at the end of the month. I'm thinking of the Camp Willow otters heading for home on Saturday 31st so before then maybe we should do something this Thursday and on the 29th too to wrap everything up.

#7 2019-08-27 10:18:00 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

So....are we doing spear throwing?

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#8 2019-08-27 03:46:34 PM

Willow

Sure, we can do it on Thursday

Board footer