Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-24 01:10:39 PM

Karth Riverbark

Returning, Was It Wise or Not Wise?-Ferravale LOG

who:

Vojin Longtail-Me-Warrior/archer

Invar- Travelling badger warrior and artist

Patch- Tavern Worker,Spy,Annoying rat

Some spoofs of various village beasts here and there

LOG:

Vojin walks into the area, he looks around and hmms quietly, for now his hood is up and his ID hidden as he looks at the shops and such, a ferret gets in his face to show some sort of ale to which he growls low and the ferret backs off. He makes his way close to the rat and badger.   

Patch nods and speaks "Yeah..."And the cloaked beast is seen as he studies them, cloaked beasts are usually trouble and trouble is something he rather avoid today.   

Invar is sat on the ground out the way with a lot of drawings and paintings around him he was trying to sell but it isn't exactly going well and it's getting worse as he's looking irritated and stressed out now "If y'have something better than 'yeah' I'll consider it but currently my plan is t'sit 'ere, not attack anything and wait until I get a little trust"   

Vojin walks closer and looks at the badger, he doesn't know him but he does know Patch"Relax ya..fleabag"Yeah still dislikes him, as he takes off the hood to show who it is, he seems not worries about the badger but he does study him and then nods "Hello there sir"Well he is polite to the badger at least.   

Patch glares and then backs up "Vojin?..What de...."He blinks and snorts"Where de seasons ya been ya just off and wander away, ya go off and ya left at de worse time too...horde beasts still all over, the tavern exploded..yeah thar is a new one but gee..I almost died! The horde all be dead and could of used ye help...nope ya turn tail and leave..some head guard you were"   

Invar finally notices the cloaked beast and his hackles raise, he nearly growls at the cat but Patch's reaction makes it clear that they're at least friendly to the village. He lets the rat go on for a minute for he nods back to the cat "Hello" he's still trying to calm himself down and relax so he's half listening.   

Vojin snorts "Your not in charge of Ferravale so not gonna explain to you the purpose of my actions Patch" He is curious of Invar "So you live here or just visiting? I lived here...at one time" He seems uncertain if he will again,he does glace at the drawings and paintings a moment.   

Patch folds his arms over his chest and mutters, "Yeah yeah...wait till chiefie hears ya back, she still has the snake by the way."   

Invar rubs his forehead to try and sooth a growing headache and it takes him a moment to realize Vojin was speaking to him "Hm? Just visitin'. I was told about the place, thought I'd see it" he gestures at the pictures, mostly charcoal sketches and paintings, almost all landscapes but he's been far enough there's a good selection of places "Try an' sell a few things before I move on again" Patch gets a curious frown "Snake?"

Vojin first answers the rat "And it likes cheese...offer it that and move on"He nods to the badger "Interesting drawings, seems you would want to hold on to some for memories of places you have been, they are very good drawings though."

Patch snorts "Yeah...just dump cheese on you"He says and just walks towards where some herbs for cooking is being sold, he might wander back over.   

Invar huhs. Snakes like cheese? Who knew. He watches he rat wander off before glancing back to the cat "Oh, I 'ave plenty" he draws his bag over and pulls out a waterproof bag inside it which he in turn pulls bundled up pile of papers. Drawings, tons of them "Someone told me I should 'ave a hobby that involved sittin' quietly and not breaking stuff when I was a kid" there's a lot more rough sketches in the bundle and more pictures of beasts mixed in "Kept up the habit. I can spare some for supplies"   

Vojin says, "Always good to have a hobby, have a mix of skills just in case some jobs....well fail" He doesn't go into detail as he looks at some of the drawings, one of a clearing maybe looks interesting or maybe a river somewhere."Drawing...art is a good hobby, can't say I would do it but those who can, all the better."

Patch looks over and shakes his head muttering something and heads back to the tavern or least that direction.

Invar is finally starting to relax "Well my usual job, if y'can call it that, of wandering where I feel like and jumpin' into trouble when I find it doesn't put food on the table very often" he chuckles quietly "Y'can find a lot in the woods but sometimes it doesn't hurt t'ave a few coins to yer name" he offers a paw "Name's Invar, heh, Invar the lost...Well, y'welcome to any if y'want one. I can do portraits too, I have t'figure someone around here will probably want a picture of themselves on a wall"   

Vojin arches an eyebrow at the lost, "Lost?.."He does shake his paw "Vojin Longtail use ta be..head guard here, likely not again and ye never know someone may want a picture of them selfs, or sumthing....drawing of like woods or river is just as good..more simple"He needs to find a home doesn't he, he for now isn't worried about it as he looks around and again to the badger "Its been a while since I been here."

Invar shrugs "Badgers always seem to be things like Bluestripe the Wild, Boar the Fighter, Urthstripe the Strong. Lost seems t'be more fitting. I don't know, I said it as a joke once but it keeps comin' back to mind" he glances back to the beasts wandering around the market "Well it seems peaceful enough so it's probably a safe bet the guards are still workin', whether they've put someone else in charge or not" he glances down to the paintings and picks up one of a clearing with the sun shining down on a big boulder "Well here" he offers it to the cat "Simple picture as a reminder of simple times. Probably something we could all use from time to time"

Vojin nods and gets out some coins, he is unsure how much to give though and maybe gives just a little over as he nods looking at the drawing once taken "Yes peace is good and ..well its been almost 4 seasons..5 maybe so yeah likely got a new head guard,makes since. Have to always be on alert for troubles still or else peace don't last"   

Invar raises a paw at the money "Y'don't have to, I'm basically trading them for what beasts feel like. Might not make as much but seems best to attract a little business and not everyone has the coin to spare" he shrugs "At least it seemed best while everyone's a bit wary of the unknown badger in their mists" he nods to the talk of peace and trouble "I wander aimlessly but the one thing I can always be sure to find eventually is trouble to throw myself in to"   

Vojin nods "Tis fine..I have enough coin for myself. And I am hoping peace lasts for a little while at least, not sure how long I will stay...may wander back to the abbey and come back in a few days as not sure on every beeast feeling on me...well wandering off at a bad time, I did though"

Invar accepts the coins then and tucks them away in to a pocket before he shrugs "Well, there's not much y'can do to undo wha' yah did. If you decide to stay all you really can do is face whatever consequences it had and try to make up for it. What's done is done. What you do next is up to you, eh?"   

Vojin says, "Yes...true..and I could care less of the rat, he...is annoying but at least he isn't on some evil one's side...that rat would last likely an hour..a minute maybe in a horde"He chuckles at the thought."

Invar grunts as he finally looks back at the painting he was doing of the market, he's sat surrounded by paintings and drawings he's trying to sell "I can live with annoyin'. Anything that keeps them out of the hordes is a nice change. This whole place is just vermin living normally. It's weird but y'know, in a good way"   

Vojin says, "The village has its peace treaty with the abbey...Camp Willow is a bit...unsure of here, but they don't go sending otters here and not like the village goes near the place. I wouldn't say its..safe for just any beast to walk around here, they could get robbed..some, but the chieftain keeps things in fairly good order and yeah most just keep to them selves, hmmms I wonder if the same Blacksmith is here or that fat fox"

The wildcat looks around some more and heads off towards Redwall Abbey

==Much Later like maybe a couple days later==

Patch is cleaning up some tables and sighs at a ferret "Be careful with those plates...good grief this running a tavern is annoying sometimes" He goes back to the back to check some supplies and nods "We still got good amount of October Ale..not many drink it...they likes other ales, hee hee"

Vojin walks inside and speaks "I like October Ale, its good stuff"He sits down "Though need that fire and ice if its still around"

Patch looks over and frowns "You came back I see."He gets the ale and sits it down after he gets the coins and crosses his arms "So clearly you didn't run inta chiefy,that or the snake wasn't hungry..ya gonna say why back?"

Vojin sips his ale and yes he pays the needed coin "I will just promise it cheese bubs or something cheese relate and I have yet to see Blisa, who says I want to, they likely replaced me or I assume they did...and I can come and go as I please unless Blisa herself says I am unwelcome, then and only then will I go elsewhere."He looks around "I like the new tavern"

Patch rolls his eyes "Could just dump a bucket of liquid cheese all over you and say here ya go Basil.. gift" He grins and just sits down "So...why the strong drink fer?"

Vojin snorts at the cheese all over him idea, "A fight...Blackrose but they...got away, but maybe 10..or more of her band was killed by Xander, but not before....they slain someone else, plus the slavers have a mouse maid and what appeared to be a vole...the vole had on Redwall novice outfit, seemed..familiar somewhat."

Patch blinks "Somone..died? Ok who died now, some leader..someone important? Was stripy hurt..wait is he dead?"

Vojin answers "The dibbun..died, Xander is in the infirm here in Ferravale, cant say he is...fine but he is alive..no one else but Blackrose beast were killed"

Patch tries to think "Dibbun?"He then frowns" The badger cub ?"

Vojin finishes his ale and nods a simple yes, "She had managed to get away from the slavers but we didn't get to her before she was killed. A blade made a cut, not deep at all, normally would of been fine, but it had poison on it, I think they hoped Xander or maybe the monitor got in the way to block it, but they didn't manage to get to her in time to block it and as I said it seemed a simple nick to the shoulder...and things happen within less than a minute...it was too late, she was dead"

Patch frowns "Poison...seen its work before..some quick, some slow...that one sounds like blood contact....the chieftain before Blisa, her father Scioto..someone placed a slow working poison in his drink, he had drank most of it before he figured it out and of course..too late, that and the vermin involved locked the office, the witness was a beast in the cell who told them what happen, not sure what happen ta that beast from the cell, think he was able to leave Mossflower, which he did...he was smart that one"

Vojin says, "I was here after Scioto....remember so I know what happen to him,who killed Ormaz by the way?""

Patch says, "Marek...they were fighting in the bell tower at the abbey and Marek like...shoved his brother off and went down with him, both died and most of that horde were taken out by de Long Patrol and their badger lord but like 80% of the long patrol were killed...so the badger lord and the hares he had left went back home, oh and Zolomon joined de long patrol, odd but hey..."

Vojin says, "Intresting"He sighs as he stands "I will...be at Redwall, good day Patch"

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer