Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-15 08:52:26 PM

Mother Krisha

Remember, Family Is Important-Redwall Log

Who:

Krisha-Badgermother

Keldorn-Novice

Antenora-Visiting owl

Sereia-Keldornn's Daughter

a couple spoofed healers and a spoofed dibbun mouse

LOG:

Sereia is sitting on a cot, she was fine just a little shaken up maybe, maybe some cuts and bruises here and there.

Antenora is...reluctantly staying in the infirmary after getting patched up. It wasn't her...desire, no, to be cooped up in a room, but...eh, the healers were insisting on such. So she's quietly keeping to herself in a corner.

Keldorn was helping out where he good, being a novice was taking some getting use to but he was determined to do it and not give up, he had wanted to learn more healing so he volunteered to help in the infirm , he has yet to see who is here as the healers who were here before likely helped anyone already here.

Krisha rarely visits the infirm unless someone she knows is there or she needs something, today its a dibbun with a skinned knee, "Hey its ok...its not too bad"

Sereia frowns and sighs, she glaces around as she knows no one here..wait, is that? She studies Keldorn, she knew he mentioned being a novice,but not like she knows that outfit that well, but still she wont forget what he looks like, she saw him in Halyard and the western shore briefly after all..."F..Father?"

Antenora glances up as others enter in and almost reflexively shifting so she can hide the bandaged gash in her chest. "Hmph...if I'd known how crowded this place would be..." She glances towards Keldorn and Sereia, falling quiet and just keeping to herself.

Keldorn chuckles "It is not..normally my friend."He checks on the dibbun and smiles, "A simple healing herbal mixture, a bandage and we are done my small..one"He turns when he hears Sereia and just stands there a moment in shock and surprise she is here or maybe he is seeing and hearing things.

Krisha smiles, the dibbun at first frowns but then relaxes as their knee is tended too and smiles "Thanksss you..."And the dibbun sees the owl"Pretty!!" The badgermother chuckles and looks over at the shrews quietly.

Antenora chuckles softly at the remark sent her way. "Well, of course I am... I do take proper care of these feathers, after all. Well, the ones not hiding under a bandage, at least..."

Sereia rushes over to Keldorn and hugs him, not too tightly but she is clearly glad she found him and he is here.

Keldorn is still in a moment of shock till he is hugged and seems to snap back to the here and now as he places his arms around her and has a few happy tears "Sereia...you are..here." He smiles and leans back to check her...any injuries, why is she here in the infirm, he speaks "Are you alright?"

Krisha smiles and nods to the dibbun, a mouse..to sit. The dibbun nods and does "It's..pretty Mother Krisha"She points to the owl as the badger smiles "Yes she is, now stay where you are..."She does notice the new bandages"Did you..reopen a wound?"

Antenora chuckles a bit at Krisha. "A little bit... the wing got more of a workout than I was intending. The...saber wound, though, is...new. Unexpected, but...well, I'm not going to complain about it." She glances towards Sereia and Keldorn. "Consequence of risks taken."

Sereia smiles, "I am..fine" She is just a cut on her chin and one on her arm, some bruises around her arm as well."Just a little trouble but I am fine now"

Keldorn nods and seems glad, he glaces at the owl curious now but just looks at Sereia and smiles "I am glad you are here my daughter and..hope you stay for some time"

Krisha asks, "Risks? Was it something on the road? That...cat again?""

Antenora shakes her head slowly. "Not a cat. Rat. Close, though. Only off by one little letter..." She grunts. "Had a hard landing coming back in, too, but...hardly worth fussing over."

Sereia frowns "A rat and a couple ferrets... they...tried to take me and she helped me, they seen.."Well her outfit is silk and she has some necklaces on still " They wanted gold...I don't have much its still in..in Halyard..I think anyways" Its unclear if her mother left her much, likely she did though.

Keldorn listens and nods "Its ok..I am just glad you are safe."He smiles at the owl.

Krisha nods "Well, lets hope no more trouble comes of this....may need to see about the rat and ferrets then may of just been random robbers"

Antenora gives a slight nod. "We'll just have to see.... I'll keep an eye out, when...I'm back in the air again, at least." She mutters a bit.

Sereia says, "I don't know....roadside robbers and I don't plan to go anywhere, least alone..again for a while"

Keldorn nods "Very wise Sereia...the abbey is good place to be, I can even show you around a little later or in the morning after breakfast"

Krisha nods "There is random robbers on the road at times, and they likely went after you thinking you had a lot of valuable things"

Antenora ehs... "Whatever they were...they're still out there. I think I scared them and...they probably think I took the shrew to eat her, so...who knows what will come of it."

Sereia says, "I have gold and my necklace and couple other things. I don't know what may of been left or not left or if...mother even had a will or not.""

Keldorn nods and shrugs "I..know not" He nods to the owl "Thank you for helping her and if they think that...let them, means they wont be back...but maybe patrol the road in case they brother others, beasts should be able to safely venture along the roads"

Krisha says, "The champion does patrol the roads at times, we could let her know."

Antenora gives Keldorn a nod. "I'll...do what I can. Certainly." She settles herself in with a soft chuff."

Sereia nods and smiles "I will be here..not sure how long"And she isn't sure, another hug "I am gonna go to the guest room for sleep, see you in the morning father" She heads off to the room then.

Keldorn watches her go and sits down, "My..daughter, she came..I am surprised she came."He smiles "But I am glad of it."He sighs "I only wish..evil weather its small or large would just leave and not return"

Antenora lets out a slow breath as Sereia leaves before she gives a soft grunt. "Well...I'm glad I...was able to fly over the place..." She looks over at Keldorn a moment. "Heh...well, I'm glad you chanced to cross paths with her, then."

Krisha smiles "She clearly wanted to find you and yeah"She nods"I agree...but sadly there is evil around and likely will be till time itself is gone...always gonna be good and evil around"

Keldorn nods "I am..glad as well she came, she is safer here than the western shore and Halyard..she was ok with her mother but her mother is...dead." He frowns and sighs, least there is not too much to do in the infirm but he will sweep and dust while he is here, put away anything thats out.

Antenora looks herself over a moment. "I...will probably need to get my feathers cleaned out some time, too... I wasn't expecting him to...slash quite so deeply with his saber. It's nothing terrible, mind...but, the...colors aren't quite my taste." She chuckles softly.

Krisha frowns "Maybe a bath later on will help and the healers here will help I am sure they are good at their jobs"

Keldorn nods "The healers of Redwall are good yes...rest is also good to recover and maybe staying inside, one can glide around the outdoors of the abbey maybe"

Antenora ooohs... "That would be nice... I could go for a decent soak at some point, too." She thinks a moment. "Well, I'm sure I'll get the chance soon enough." She gives a soft chuckle at that and nods slowly. "I...yes. Gliding outside the abbey is good, it's what allowed me to find your daughter."

Keldorn nods "I am glad you found her and maybe those beasts will leave the area close to the abbey if they think it..dangerous for them. One never knows my friends..evil beasts are...odd at times, some back off and others just get more willing to strike"

Krisha says, "I know...there was that horde once here, they were quiet a couple weeks and suddenly surrounded the abbey a good 2-3 weeks, we were lucky the Long Patrol showed up when it did""

Antenora hmms... "Well, I...do believe I offered the Champion of your...Abbey to help out if I could. It seems having wings and eyes in the skies is a good possible way to do exactly that. I might not be...some grand eagle, but, I should like to think I can do well enough."

Keldorn smiles "Maybe you can talk to sir Xander and join his Defenders"

Krisha sighs a little and is quiet but speaks "Xander has wanted extra help..his group is small and also keeps an eye on the roads and on Ferravale as well, their base is in Ferravale of all places, by the tavern...though I have not..well spoken to him in the past few...days"

Antenora hmms. "Xander... I'll keep that in mind as a possible option." She stretches a bit and winces after. "Mmmf...though it might be easier for him to come to me than the other way around. At least for the time being."

Keldorn says, "I can let him know....and why have you not spoken to him in a few days?" He is curious "Where is he anyways?"

Krisha frowns "I..got upset, sort of an argument and I gave him my ring back and I don't know where he is and now I am worried..though I did tell him didn't want to talk to him, mainly at the time I didn't...its a long story. He was upset over Hawk eye's death and..took his anger out on lizards trying to rob a friend of his on the road..the lizards are dead and his friend is ok..he may be at the base or tavern maybe"

Antenora quirks her brow. "I was there, too... I think I dispatched at least three of those scaled ruffians. So...you can possibly be angry with myself as well. Still, if he hadn't have been there...I doubt that would have been a fight we could have won."

Keldorn nods as he listens" Family...is important always. I made the mistake of placeing my 2nd to my knightly duties and regretted it, my wife...she hated me....maybe still did when she died I..I know not"He frowns "She wanted me to find our daughter as at the time this monitor had come..attacked them, the long patrol helped me to save my daughter, sadly her mother died of deep deep wounds" He listens as they talk "Anger is never good either, it clouds the mind and makes judgment in a fight go...all ways but a good way, its hard to focus at times."

Krisha nods "He is likely ok and..I know family is important..Xander just needs to..sit and talk to someone, or do something besides fighting to be less stressed...I may of made him more stressed"She sighs "I need to let him know I forgive him, just hope he is ok where ever he is, there is his Uncle Zee's old hut in Ferravale, he is likely there..small little one room, never knew how his uncle liked the place"

Keldorn nods "Talk is good.."He chuckles "I have sleep in the open spaces, in a tree once, and many times in a small one beast tent. One thing I like of Redwall..cozy beds, rarely had that when I was a fighter, then again I never had a place to call..home, I do now and am glad..Xander is lucky he has a home an you and Northstar and many friends"

Antenora hmms. "Well, maybe he'll settle down eventually... Sometimes it's hard, though. If all you've ever known is one thing, changing is...difficult." She thinks a moment. "Probably more difficult alone than with someone, though."

Krisha smiles "He..doesn't have to stop being a warrior...just...just needs to express his feelings better"She sighs "I just don't want to see him...be stressed and depressed, or let this anger stick around...he had some trouble with temper when I first meet him and it eased after a while...and now with ..with Hawkeye's death, and Oz's death and him being upset cause he wasn't there for Oz or Zee and..he said Hawkeye died in front of him."

Krisha frowns "He..was a slave to some wildcat for like 4 seasons, it was right before we meet...one reason he likely is hating a possible slaver around, the cat that killed Hawkeye may be a slaver

Keldorn frowns"Slavers are...most bad yes. I have fought slavers before, had slavers kill friends. I had a brother that died in my arms..I went on a quest to slay the vermin who did it, I found and did slay them but it almost cost me my life in doing so..."

Antenora gives a slow nod. "Sounds...unfortunate, all around. I suppose I'm lucky I haven't had to deal with anything quite as...up close as they have in that regard." She lets out a slow exhale. "Hopefully I never do."

Krisha says, "I hope not too slaver beasts are...horrible.."

Keldorn says, "well perhaps speak of something else...we can know to keep a eye out if needed and I can find sir Xander, not to worry I can maybe take Ewan with me or someone, I do know how to fight but as a novice, and I entend to keep that promise, I have vowed to never touch a weapon again""

Antenora hmphs. "Well, I haven't..." She looks herself over. "I wonder if...a blacksmith might be able to build something for me..." She looks her talons over lightly. "Might be...useful if things get bad."

Krisha nods, she then thinks as she looks at the owl "By the way there is a monitor at Ferravale,..Ferro their...blacksmith and he is good if you see him he is also one I call father, he adopted me when I was a newborn, if it were not for him I likely would of died as just a baby or...maybe not even been born as he helped my mother escape.."She sighs "Escape his tribe, he left his tribe an outcast...and tended to my mother but she sadly died in childbirth."She smiles "And he may be able to make something...I have not learned much blacksmithing from him, though I know how to fix a forge if it breaks and have fixed the one here and at Ferravale this past winter...oddly a small tiny bit caused it to stop working, the bit was made here and I took it there to repair the forge."She smiles.

Keldorn nods as he listens "I may have seen Ferro in the tavern once..nice for a monitor...and vegetarian  too..most odd but odd is good sometimes"

Antenora hmms... "I'll be certain to keep an eye out, then. Another reason, perhaps, to try and fly to Ferravale." She looks at her shoulder a moment. "I'll...keep it in mind."

Keldorn turns as he is called over by an order beast and nods "Yes I can help with that"He nods "It seems someone cut a finger peeling potatoes...excuse me"And he is gone

Krisha nods and watches Keldorn leave as she lays down on a large cot, she is tried "Yeah...he is a little moody and grumpy but..then thats how he is"She smiles "But I love him, he can look scary sometimes too but trust me he is not trying to be....ok maybe sometimes he is"She chuckles a little .

Antenora chuckles softly at that as she looks herself over and just sighs. "I'm...a proper mess... This is certainly not becoming of an owl." She stretches a bit more. "I...might head outside, if only to walk. I can't stand being locked up in a room for too long."

Krisha nods "Oz disliked infirms too...hee I remember it was always hard to get him to do a simple checkup..." A small sigh "Its how I knew once he was more ill than he let on, he wanted to go to the infirm..only he passed out before he got there. Something was wrong with one of his lungs or..something, something that didn't heal all the way from like 4 seasons before..during the siege I mentioned the horde did get inside...one beast got inside before that and was looking to kill the abbot, they found Oz instead who protected the abbot and the dibbuns and was in the infirm like a few weeks at the time, he recovered..mostly, then 3 seasons later ...well..had some issues off/on a season before he..died "

Antenora offers a slow nod. "Sounds like it was not a pleasant time." She clicks her beak softly in thought. "So...what's done is done, I suppose. Time to move on, yes?" She stretches her wing lightly and winces as her shoulder stings a bit. "Mph...well, hopefully there's no next time."

Krisha says, "Yes...I miss him still but try not to dwell on it too much, the dibbuns sometimes still ask about him...then some are too young to really understand and I do my best to comfort them...""

Antenora hmms.... she thinks a moment and then sighs. "Well, I'm going to go for a walk... I'll wish you a good evening."

Krisha nods "Be...careful.."She yawns and falls asleep in here, didbbuns can wear one out and today it seems they been..super active.

Board footer