Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-01 06:01:12 PM

Karth Riverbark

The day Is Getting Better, No Wait..It's Not!-LP LOG

**Kage doesn't make an entry into the log till later, but I figured the log make more since if got the earlier stuff and did with permission....Kage enters in the 2nd half of this...lets just say the day starts bad, gets a little better...then thanks to Kage gets a lot worse! **
Who:

Kage Bloodfang-Me-Assassin, killer, evil vermin slaver

Keldorn Firepaw- Retired warrior..wants to be a novice of Redwall

Quinten-General in LP and Recorder of the LP

Sereia Firepaw -Shrew maid and daughter of Keldron Firepaw

Aaricia Firepaw-Shrew and mate of Keldorn Firepaw

Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV-Archer,Private First Class, Runner in LP

-spoofed Tavern Beasts, a couple spoofed hares

LOG:

Keldorn ventured back into the tavern with a frown, he would of been back last night, but well bar fight and it wasn't, ok it was his fault as he looks around and frowns scaning the room as he walks in and sighs.

Over at one table is a couple shrew, a middle aged one and one of maybe just out of her adolescence seasons as she rolls her eyes "Really mother, I rather not go on some boat ride, sea travel makes me ill. I also rather not go to that stupid school" The mother shakes her head"Its better than most, trust me and this place ...is not for ladies to be"

Keldorn was about to walk out when he catches sight of the two shrews and slowly walks over, he at first keeps his distance and then walks over, "Aaricia...."He seems unsure of the younger one but,,"Sereia?"

Sereia looks over at Keldorn and arches an eyebrow "Ummm....who are..."And she is interrupted by her mother who just stares at him, studies him and frowns "Keldorn..."She looks at her daughter "He is no one dear just someone who can leave" Wow..touchie isn't she?

Keldorn frowns, he doesn't go away though he stays where he is, at first trying to find the right words and not letting the wrong ones come out."No..I..I came to see if you were here Aaricia ..you and..."He frowns at the reply, he takes a deep breath, its been way too long, she was just a dibbun when he...left "I'm your ...." He seems to think, bad idea just leave and stay gone, no this is important, he needs to do this.."Your father..."

Quinten strolls in from outside, a light cloak wrapped about his shoulders and his uniform immaculate as always. He nods to the barkeeper and waves to a few other patrons, including the shrews and gives a long look at the group of privates at a table who all sit up a bit straighter as the general passes. He then hops onto a barstool and smiles as he places an order for lunch.

Sereia frowns as she looks at her mother "You said he was dead" And Aaricia stands and glares "Leave...and he may as well been, he left, his stupid so called honor and..knightly ways were more important, his hunt the evil and protect this beast or not beast..keep a promise to serve and protect..go back to where ever it is ya live or are ya a wander still, well wander away..far away"

Keldorn doesn't see Quinten yet, maybe that's good for now as he frowns and steps back, he then speaks "I am not a warrior or knight anymore, I don't even have my blade..it is by now melted down..."He blinks at the words "You told her I died?"

Quinten accepts his drink and his meal, his long ears laying flat, he can very much hear the argument happening over by the shrews but well he is staying out of it unless called upon.

Aaricia just seems to care less"Yes I did...why are you here? And don't just say looking for me...well ya found me so leave and knowing you your just get another blade, why have a beast melt one down..for what reason" She looks to her daughter"We are leaving soon if he doesn't"

Keldorn stands quietly, he resits the urge to grumble and speaks after a short while "I came to ask for forgiveness...it was wrong of me to leave and not return, I was...too caught up on knightly duties and..some kept me from returning but I do return now, to say sorry..to ask forgiveness if I can, this was important to do before I laid aside my life as a warrior, to be a novice at a place called Redwall Abbey in Mossflower, you and Sereia could return with me, you would love Mossflower"

Quinten twitches his ears as Keldorn declares he's signed up as a Novice of Redwall Abbey, he turns in his chair and stares at the shrews, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Sereia listens and asks "Whats Redwall?" Her mother , again could care less and just glares "Forgiveness?....Really..and ya laid aside the life..."Yeah she don't believe him as she picks up her ale and just looks at Keldorn, dumps the ale on his head and hmmphs and leaves, however the daughter stays and looks at Keldorn and watches her mother just walk out and at first follows her, then mutters something about helping Mac...whom ever Mac is and walks back inside and stops a short distance away, seem Mac is a ferret who lets her help him stock the backroom sometimes but he doesn't need help today and she knew that.

Keldorn tenses up a little as ..well now he has ale all over him and slowly just sits down in a chair and looks at the floor, he wipes away treating tears.

Quinten picks up his meal and drinks, procuring another from the bartender and strolls over, "So novice Keldorn," He sits himself down, "Sounds like you have been having quite the day of it," He pushes the fresh drink in front of the shrew, "Here get some of this in you"

Sereia walks over slowly and just stays off to the side, she seems to be trying to think, looks at the door and back to Keldorn."Are you...really my father?" She knows what his name is but seems so unsure, why would her mother lie to her.

Keldorn frowns "I am..not yet a novice till I say the charter by memory to Abbot Benar..maybe I don't deserve to be..one"He looks at Sereia and frowns, a single tear"I am...you were..barely walking when we last seen one another..I am so very sorry"

Quinten says, "If you are joining the order then you are as good as a novice," He leans back in his chair and nods, "But it seems your daughter wishes to speak to you."

Sereia is curious still"Novice?" She frowns, least she isn't yelling or pouring ale on anyone's head. She starts to hug him but stops as she backs up"I should..get back to mother..in a few minutes."

Keldorn nods at the hare, he listens to Sereia "It's..a novice is a beast whom lives the life of peace, no weapons..."He smiles a little "To be Brothers and Sisters of peace and goodwill, living together in harmony under the protection of Redwall Abbey, forsaking all unnecessary forms of violence, not only to Mossflower, its trees, grasses, flowers, and insects, but to all living creatures. To help and comfort the dispossessed, harbor orphans and waifs, offer shelter to all creatures alike, give clothing, warmth and food to any beast or creature that is deemed in need of such. To educate and learn, particularly in the healing arts, comfort the sick, nurse the injured and help the wounded. To take our food from the earth and replenish the land by caring for it, husbanding crops and living in harmony with the seasons always. To honor and protect our friends and brethren, only raising paw to do battle when our life at Redwall is threatened by treachery and the shadow of war at these times every Redwall creature should show courage, fortitude and obedience to the Father Abbot. Albeit the taking of another life must always be justified and never carried out in a wanton manner."

Quinten leans back and smiles, "Sounds to me like you are almost a Novice, if you can say all of that from memory Keldorn"

Sereia listens , "That sounds..." And a frown as her mother is back and she quickly heads off to be with her, she looks at the hare and Keldorn again and then disappears out the doorway.

Keldorn watches her go and sighs "I am hated Sir Quinten...least by her mother, I am not sure of Sereia. My heart is heavy and I only seeked forgiveness for leaving them..it was wrong and I am a horrible father and even worse mate"

Quinten asks, "Sir? That's nice... but I am no sir, you can simply call me Quinten, and you may be outside the heart of the mother, but your daughter at least was intrigued, she wanted to talk to you more."

Keldorn says, "I am use to calling most..sir, habit perhaps."He sighs "I spoke true..my blade I gave to your Lord to have melted down into something of value..something good..what ever that be he can choice. I have my dagger but not as a weapon..I no longer wish to lay a paw on a weapon again"

Quinten asks, "I heard, it can be a hard path you are walking, to give up the route of the warrior, few can manage it, but I can tell you of one beast I know who has done what you are doing, if you care to hear the tail?"

Keldorn nods "I am curious"He finally gets the drink he was offered and takes a few sips, he is still a bit upset but, less so now but he is of course listening to the hare.

Quinten smiles at the hare, "He was a young soldier from southward, he worked as a supply corporal but he saw his fair share of combat with his squad, he was an archer, he wielded a short sword and a buckler and in his tour of duty he even took the lives of vermin who would threaten the land he was sworn to protect."

Keldorn nods as he listens "I..have killed many vermin as well, some perhaps I could of let go....but I just saw them as..evil beasts..."He frowns "I have..learned..slowly not all vermin species are pure evil, now some are to be watched...but not all are..out to harm others..a stoat I meet was..fairly good, though I know a rat whom is..I am uncertain of..seems he changes his mind often"

Quinten nods his head as he listens, "It is a hard lesson to learn, not all vermin are evil and not all woodlanders are good, some of them are downright worse then the vermin sometimes... but I digress, this soldier, he left Southward, he travelled north and entered Redwall. His sword is now several implements and tools that are used to manage the orchard and herb garden, his bow he snapped himself before a small crowd and it was a very good long bow."

Keldorn says, "Sounds like he was..brave to do this, a most noble beast..honor bound and wise."He sighs "I am not too sure how honorable I am, I am trying and same as him..I did have my blade to be melted down into something that is to not be a weapon...something to be treasured and not feared was my request."

Quinten smiles softly, "This beast joined the Order of Redwall many seasons ago, as a novice he worked in all parts of the abbey, as a Brother he managed the orchards, tending the trees and seeing to it that the abbey had plentiful fruit each year," he leans forward and smiles, "Never, even when the abbey was under threat of violence, vermin attack, kidnappings, never once has he lifted a hand in violence to another beast, his sword was gone, even when fully justified by the charter to defend himself he would and does no harm to others." He smiles and sips his drink, "As Abbot of Redwall Benar continues this even now, he is the Charter as it was written, he stands as a bulwark of peace surrounded on all sides by a tumultuous world, so look to him for your example Keldorn and you will find the order will embrace you in ways you could not expect."

Keldorn blinks "Benar?" He sounds surprised and takes a long sip of his drink. A small smile "Maybe then...their is hope for me to be a novice and one day Brother of Redwall..I will be heading back soon, and even now I do not plan to touch a weapon again in my life..I want a life of peace..."He looks to the door and back to the hare "Some..company would be nice, but I will not force anyone to come with me..their choice not my own"

Quinten smiles, "Yes that surprises most beast, but Benar was a warrior, a soldier, a free spirit who roamed the forests North and South and everything in between but now he is Abbot of Redwall and probably the most saintly figure in all Mossflower... as for company, do not force it, your daughter knows you are alive now she will come talk to you in time."

Keldorn nods and frowns "The warrior life was...lonely..hard at times, I kept thinking its for the best..I am protecting others...make a promise and keep it cause of honor and duty..no time for..."He frowns "Family....but a friend..he has a wife and young daughter and always seemed to take time for them and still be a leader in defendering Mossflower...taking time for friends...I never had many friends and never spoke of my past to no one, they would ask I would say I do not want to speak of it or I would change the subject...what would the few friends I have think of me if I told them of my past...of not being a loner and having a mate and child but...walking out of their lifes....till...today when I seeked them out for , for forgiveness"

Quinten says, "You can ask for forgiveness, but you must let them decide to give it but you are not the first warrior, nor will you be the last to struggle to separate their family life and being a warrior."

Keldorn says, "It is..hard yes." He finishes his ale "I am surprised to see you outside the mountain, I heard you seem to..live in in your library"He chuckles and smiles a little, feeling some better now"I am likely heading back to the Abbey in a couple days..."He nods as he remembers something "Your Lord also mentioned something about speaking to him before I left.....he mentioned it when I gave him my blade to melt down" A quiet pause as he thinks " I only wish I had not brought sad news from the abbey that day, I don't know what was in the letter...I just delivered it when Silverwings brought it to me..since I was heading this way at the time""

Quinten says, "Alas we cannot always deliver good news and I do have a reputation for being in my office, but i get out for a run every morning and move around the mountain and the shore quite a bite. It's a myth I never go out, I think a lot of recruits hope it is true so I don't catch them up to things."

Keldorn chuckles,"Like the recruits whom got in trouble but a couple days ago..in ledge with the DAB or so I was told they were called....made dinner late by an hour."

Quinten says, "Well the DAB are just a thing we have to put up with, most of them soon grown out of it and those that do not soon regret not growing up.""

Keldorn chuckles "It was....well funny afterwards, not so funny when was happening....though hearing hares thinking it was the end of the world cause dinner was 2 hours late was..sort of funny

Quinten says, "Yes I heard there was a ruckus in the dining hall the other day, bally uncivilized of them all wot."

Keldorn says, "Yes...two recruits helped the dibbuns...but it was cleared up"He chuckles a little "But you have to love them...the future of the LP after all..already seems well organized but lets hope they focus on other important things like missions once recruits or privates and still work together for that"

Quinten says, "Indeed, it is always nice to watch the DAB and make a note of which leverets might be officer material if they grow up and keep that gumption."

Keldorn nods, a small smile "As I said...I plan to return...."He smiles, "Home..to the abbey, it feels good to call a place home. I will speak to Lord Ciocan before I head off and suppose find Silverwings..or travel home by logboat..should take a little over a week by boat."

Quinten says, "Well Keldorn, it sounds like this has been a useful and good trip for you after all, so I am glad you make the journey to join us."

Keldorn nods "It has..helped yes, though I did not mention looking for my family, I...left that off, it was..well person business..I needed to try and find them, and I did and tell them sorry..which I did..I shall maybe stay in the village a couple days and then say any goodbyes at the mountain, see what your Lord wished to see me before I left and then...head home"

Quinten says, "Well Keldorn," He stands up and pulls his cloak back up, "Do enjoy the mountain and drop by to say hello before you leave."

Keldorn nods "I will Sir....."He stop sand smiles "I will Quinten, I promise and I do keep promises..."

Keldorn sits alone at a table, quietly stiring some hot root stew around in a bowl, some water beside him as he is thinking, a lot on his mind as he said he would stay at the tavern and has found a quieter area of it.

Sereia has returned, likely against her mother's wishes as she strolls in and scans the tables and finds...Keldorn, she walks over and sits down, at first not a word and then "Father..."

Kage is out and about, likely looking for trouble as he smirks at a hare and chuckles..yep he hates hares as he walks into the tavern, some move out of his way, others seem to care less as they will just stay..its a lizard so what...

Keldorn looks up and blinks "Sereia..you, you came back..why?" He frowns as in concern "I plan to leave its that what you and your mother wants...just I want to try and..gain forgiveness of her..you, only if I can,it is your choice not mine, you and her's..only"

Sereia nods as she listens "Mother..said you died and I asked her why and she.."She frowns "She said mean things of you"

Kage looks over and smirks, he has seen Keldorn with the hares before but he is curious of what is going on so of course he easedrops

Keldorn sighs"She...has a right to hate me, I ..I walked away and did not return, I could of tried harder to return, I did not..I could of refused job offers, I did not..even joined this Mossflower Defenders that a friend is in, more than one...if they will still be friends I know not."He looks at her and smiles "You have grown into a..fine beast it seems Sereia, I am proud of you, even if you may not believe it"

Sereia frowns "I...I guess, I don't know..mother hates the city, supposedly some fear of pirates coming maybe,,,its like just a rumor and going to some city south, i do not want or wish travel to just another sea port city and some..boarding school to become some..lady, riches do nothing and makes beast dislike you"

Kage grins as he chuckles "You are rich then...hmmms?" He smirks as he stands "How rich?"

Keldorn frowns as he listens "Being rich does not mean all..."He looks to the monitor and just out of reflex a paw to his side and he frowns, oh yes it is gone and he is to be a novice, but he will protect his daughter somehow.."None of your business lizard"

Sereia gasps, about the same time her mother finds her "What in the seasons, your with your no good father!!" She glares at the monitor, and looks to her daughter "We are leaving now and your so called father can get lost!!"

Kage looks at the older shrew as she enters and chuckles, he looks to Keldorn "Father hmmms?" He chuckles "Izzzz not good one I izz thinkzzzzz" He smirks at the older female and shows his teeth "Such a pity..problems in one's life..you and the young one canzzzz go with me."He goes to grab the two shrews.

Keldorn frowns and gets his mug and bowl and goes to hit the lizard with but "Leave them alone you dark hearted beast!" He will stand in front of them.

Sereia screams as the monitor tries to grab her wrist. Aaricia eyes widen as Keldorn gets in front of them and seems surprised, what he..cares? Then the lizard is trying to get Sereia so she stomps his tail.

Kage hissses as he looks at Keldorn and chuckles coldly, claws out he goes to grab him by the throat and toss him into a table, and looks to the other two shrews"We go nowzzzzz"

Keldorn gasps as he is grabbed, he feels himself crash into the table that somehow doesn't break, "Aaricia..Sereia please..run...get away"

Zolomon picks the most great times to walk into the tavern, this is one of them, he is with a couple other privates when he blinks, wait it can't be that monitor from the..oh great, wait is he trying to hurt his friend. He motions to the two privates to go help him surround the lizard, one is a bit too scared and runs to find someone else, one stays..unsure but stays.."O..ok sur"

Sereia is afraid, truly she is and then Keldorn is slammed into the table "Father!!" Aaricia backs away and frowns, run..she can't run she is too afraid to run, she goes to get a knife off a table and stabs the monitor's tail! Or that's her goal.

Kage tenses and hissses as he swipes his claws across the shrew's throat!Another across her chest!He grins at Sereia and goes to grab her and he sees the hares "Long Patrolzzzzz...hee hee....deathzzzz is on the airzzzz tonight, shazzzzz we add more to the fun?"

Keldorn eyes widen "Aaricia!."He goes to stand and finds he can't put much weight on his left leg. He catches sight of the hares and looks to the lizard."Let my family go..hurt no one you need to kill someone, kill me"

Zolomon frowns, he has no clue what is going on as he can't fire off an arrow and he has to be careful with his saber, "Or he can bally well leave" The other hare agrees with a nod, but neither want to risk any deaths, but there is concern for the one shrew.

Sereia screams as she is grabbed and eyes have fear, when her mother is attacked and falls to the floor serious wounded she scrams again and shivers, she looks to Keldorn and then the two hares, fear and a sort of pleading for help in her eyes.

Kage looks at Keldorn and smirks, he looks like he is just gonnna leave holding the one shrew captive, he looks to the other female and grins"those woundzzzz they look a bit...deadly..."He grins and he speaks "Some thingzzz ae worse than..death"He goes to walk out, claws at the shrew maids throat"No suddenzzzz moves bunnies...or more blood leakszzz" He plans a get away, let him pass and maybe they have a chance to save the shrew maid, try and stop him he makes sure she dies like the other one likely will.

Keldorn stays where he is and frowns, his eyes dart to his wife, to his daughter, to the hares and back to the monitor.

Zolomon frowns, he motions to the private with him to just back up a little, its for the best as they can track the monitor later,he whispers quietly to follow at a distance but be careful and not seen.

Sereia whimpers as she is taken away, shivering..scared...her mother groans, still alive...just barely.

Kage slips away, he missed any whispers and lucky will miss any hares following him, providing they stay outta sight and not to close

Keldorn frowns and rushes to Aaricia, carefully checking her.."Aaricia...please...please..I know you hate me..but I do not hate you..I love you, you and Sereia..both.."

Zolomon quickly also goes forwards, he looks at the private"Find a healer..NOW!"The private races off as Zolomon gets out a cloth he can at least try and hold pressure to the worse wound.

Aaricia looks up at Keldorn and tenses in pain, her worse wound is on her neck and she has lost a lot of blood, this slows it some but not enough, a healer wont make it in time as she reaches a paw to Keldorn and coughs, she speaks..."F..find...our..daughter......."She then goes limp in his arms, dead.

Keldorn frowns as he holds her gently as possible, "Shh shhh...I.."He takes her paw and holds it "I will find her...Aaricia?...Aaricia!!!" Tears fall and he holds her close and just sobs, sitting there holding her close not careing if he is covered in blood right now. He has a small bit of his forehead bleeding from the table.

Zolomon frowns, no need for a pulse...he knows as the other hare comes back he just shakes his head, "No healer...now"He frowns as the one private did go to follow the monitor and hopfully stays careful and alert and reports back, he kneels down and reaches to touch Keldron's shoulder, questions can come later "We..we will find..find her" Who her is , he will ask later as well."Come on..we..we gonna make a report"Where is better?That monitor could be anywhere between here and the mountain or away from it on the beach even. "Keldorn...we can't stay here."

Keldorn finally nods but he refuses to let go of his wife, he sniff and stands a little shakie, nothing broken by a stained leg is likely.

Zolomon is careful as he goes to get Keldorn and the other shrew too if needed, he sighs and looks to the healer hare"Umm..tell Major Varus need ta report something and ta meet me at..umm"Where darn it.." Tavern....”

Meanwhile Kage makes it to his hideout, a small shack of sorts near the docks, not the best part of town at all and a bit too close to an escape route, how will this end good or badly?

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer