Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-24 09:01:02 PM

Karth Riverbark

Letters To Beasts-Redwall Log

WHO:

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- ME-LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

Krisha Winters- Badger Mother of Redwall Abbey

Xander Winters- Leader of Mossflower Defemders, Owner od Redthorn Tavern

Brother Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Maltilda- Champion of Redwall Abbey

LOG:

Ewan sat in the library and looked at the letters in his paw and sighed, he has quietly handed some to the gatekeeper, letting her know it was for her family. And now he had others to give out.

Krisha had managed to get away from the dibbuns and looked at the hare “What..did you need Ewan?”

Xander was already here, on the pile of pillows and blankets his Uncle used sometimes when doing a story time, he looked over at Krisha and frowns. He has not been in the best of moods, mainly depressed but least a bit less moody than he was before.

Govvenalus sat nearby and had just finished some book binding and so decided to stay, besides some things were important to write down, like letters. Maybe not what they said unless he  got permission of course.

Matilda walked in slowly and sank into a chair with a frown”Sorry was..talking to the abbot he had a meeting to discuss, funeral for Oz.”She looks to the hare, she is tried and likely needs some serious sleep.

Ewan nods “I have already..given Dorarose her letters for her family, and Benar has his. One was sent to Lord Ciocan and one to even Zolomon. But there was others..”He looks around and frowns, ok he can find Lacota later and quietly give his.”Letters...to different beasts that I wrote down,  someone's words..Oz's words.” He hands one to each beast there..one for Krisha,Xander,and Matilda and leans back.

Krisha takes her letter and opens it, tears come to her eyes as she reads it and holds it to her chest, “Thank you Ewan.”She looks at it again and smiles more, “He mentioned the journal that Badger Mothers had....how I should write it it..read past entries”

Xander blinks and takes his, he frowns and isn't sure on opening it at first but does. He reads it and sniffs, he chuckles lightly at one part and smiles a little “Thank you..Ewan.”

Matilda tilts her head “He wanted me to have...one?” She looks at it “I can read it in my cottage later..right?”

Ewan nods “Yes, of course Champion Matilda...”He looks at them and leans back in his chair”Oz..wanted to let you all know feelings....and words of encouragement and to not be sad when he died. But tis..hard I know, beasts die we, we get sad”

Gorvenalus nods “Yes we do, by the way Ewan”He slips out a letter and gives it to the hare “Oz told me to write a letter, for you”He smiles “As he said it be really odd and strnage to write a letter, to himself so he had me write one to you, from him”He smiles softly at Krisha “I know where the journal is, and when your ready you can let me know and you can write an entry or two, and read some others entrys as well...even goes as far back as Mother Bella just be careful with its pages”

Krisha nods “I know...”She goes to hug Xander “Are you ok love? I know this has been..hard on you as well, maybe harder he was family to you”

Xander returns the hug “He was your family too and..yeah, long as I have you at my side and my friends at the abbey, I will be ok and get through this, and so will you”He kisses her on the cheek and offers a small smile.

Matilda sighs and stands, excuses herself as she heads to her cottage, where she can read her letter in some peace.

Ewan blinks and looks at the letter as he leans back, he decides to read it out loud, its fine

“Dear Ewan,

I know you have been through a lot and you made it thought a lot more than some and you are stronger than you think and I do not mean in strength, I mean in mind and soul. You I saw as a good friend. I am glad you put up with me having you sit for hours, for a long week and a half while I spoke my thoughts, had you cross out..add..take off again, I once even got grumpy and told you to just tear one up in pieces, I don't think you did but that's ok I know you did keep my words, my thoughts for each letter. I went to Gorvenalus for yours as, well it would be a bit odd to say yes Ewan now write a letter to yourself, how strange would that be, very odd and so I had Brother Gorvenalus write it for me, not to worry yours is the only one  I had him write and I thanks him. Stay true to your self Ewan as there is only one of you and you shouldn't try to be a new you, you are you and no one else.

Signed
Oz Winters”

Ewan feels the tears going down his face as he lowers the letter and just sort of lets bottled up needing to cry just escape now.

Krisha frowns and stands going over to the hare and laying a gentle paw on his shoulder, she is there for him if he needs it.

Xander listens and nods “Uncle Oz is right, the you ...ummm you are is good. You have friends Ewan even though I think sometimes you think you don't” He smiles “I'm your friend”

Gorvenalus smiles “As am I.”He pats him on his other shoulder before sitting down in a chair. He will write a little in his logs, but he will add it after Oz's funeral.

Ewan just sort of sobs, leaning into Badger Mother and just crying. He rarely let his emotions show, he tried to avoid it in fact unless he got fearful of something or he got a little bit of a flashback, but usually another would snap him out of it before he went too far into memory lane.

Krisha hugs him and lets the hare cry, it's good to cry sometimes and she just stays there quietly showing she is there, even if its just to cry on.

Xander quietly gets up and looks to Krisha “I can go check on the dibbuns if you need me to”

Gorvenalus stays in his chair for now, he had his own letter as well that he goes to read now and smiles a sad smile before folding it up and relaxing in his chair.

Ewan shivers and seems to welcome the hug, silent and at times loud sob escapes as he just lets emotions kind of take over. He is sad, he is tried, he sort of thinks back a little of others who died.

Krisha nods “Go ahead Xander...please”She tends to Ewan for now .

Xander nods and slips out and down the steps and to the dibbuns,  they like him also, though he has no real experience with, more than like 1 or 2 at a time, he will survive..right?

Ewan meanwhile manages to calm a little but still stays in the hug, he will stay sort of in a hug or half hug for a while before he ends up drifting off to sleep, hopefully she doesn't mind carring him to his room, or those pillows and blankets in the room are just fine as well, either well he will get much needed sleep.He later gave Friar Lacota his letter as well, though it was the next afternoon.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer