Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-18 07:44:25 PM

Montamillion

Who's Having More Fun? Dominik's "Penance" continues (Long Patrol Log)

Players: Dominik (LP Private), Grace (Dibbun haremaid), Varus (LP), Zolomon (LP)

Summary: Assigned to Dibbun Duty as part of his 'punishment' for being too rash in battle, Dom tells a story, teaches Grace how to quiet a room in the loudest manner possible and eventually decides to take the Dibbuns on an outing to make more paint and for a picnic, after Zolomon makes an appearance and knocks some things about...

-------------
Since his training classes had already concluded earlier, Dom had moved on to the other part of his 'punishment' for being reckless and constantly getting himself injured...having to keep an eye on the Dibbuns in the mountain. It was a task that had certain brought some hesitation on his part, but much to his surprise, it hadn't nearly been as difficult as he had imagined it to be. The large hare is sitting in the corner with a few Dibbuns scattered on the floor around him, and they are watching him with rapt attention as he finishes up what seems to be some type of story. "An' then, they all came home, is safe and sound vith much of the treasures an' all of the prisoners rescued!" His voice booms as he speaks, and it was something he'd been trying to control...though the Dibbuns seemed to get amusement out of it.

There's a chorus of cheers for the happy ending but one paw immediately raises "And then wot happened?" the dibbun Grace immediately questions with a perfectly sweet innocent smile because she knows if she asks that enough it usually throws off most of the other dibbun sitters and it's fun seeing how long they can keep it going.

Dominik beams at the cheers his story had gotten...he'd never really fancied himself a very good storyteller at all, and so it pleases him quite a bit that the random story he'd thrown together seemed to placate the mob of leverets. His ears perk at the lone voice asking the question, his gaze falling upon Grace. He has to think about that one for a moment or two, having not thought that far ahead yet. "Um. Well. They..." he pauses. "They vent into da Mountain, vas dinnertimes, and so they all ate food until they vas ready to burst! Is end!" He finishes, ears waggling as he grins down at the crowd.

Varus is not generally to be found in the Leverets' classroom. He doesn't particularly care to visit, usually considering himself far too busy. But today is a slow day... And, he wants to make sure Private Dominik in not shirking his duty. And so, the legendary Major Swiftbuck steps into the classroom, his gaze sweeping over all the young hares. "Well, glad ta see yer bloody well 'ere, wot..."

Grace's innocent smile slowly turns in to a grin as Dom pauses and makes something up "And then wot happened?" she questions again but Varus appears and her grin quietly disappears, her ears perked as she stares at the officer.

Dominik seems to catch on what Grace is attempting to do, and a grin appears upon his muzzle as well. "Vat happened after...is not somethink I can say in front of yous. Vil just say that sometimes, hares eat bit too much, and not all of food stays vere it is put." He points to his muzzle, then to the floor. "Is feeling bad for recruits vith cleanup duty. They..." At that point, Varus enters the room, and Dom looks up in slight surprise, his story pausing. "Oh! Oh, eh...good afternoon, sir..." He gives the older hare a salute. "Yes, is here. Vas told to be here, so is here." He chuckles. "Vil not disobeys orders, sir."

Varus surveys the array of young hares, and nods his head. "Yes, yes... Yer a good soldiah, Private. An' 'as Dominik 'ere been a good storytellah?"

It takes a moment before one of the dibbuns gets what Dom's saying and goes 'Ewww' before many others follow suit with a chorus of giggling and ewws whether they understand or not. Grace watches Varus closely but relaxes when she decides no one's in trouble. She shrugs at the question, smiling again "He's okay. He has a funny accent" high praise.

Dominik looks to be quite proud, the pride showing on his face as he'd gotten the reaction from the leverets that he'd been looking for. He gives Varus a nod. "Thank you, sir. Is trying to be best at vat I do, even if it has to do vith telling stories to little vuns." The large hare smiles, before laughing at Grace's words. "Accent? Vat accent? Did not know Dom is having accent..." Dom wiggles his ears in amusement. "Okay...is better than bad, yes?" he replies with a chuckle. "And funny...is good?" His gaze returns to Grace, tilting his head a little.

Varus hmms. "Funny accent... Yes. 'E comes from th' fah North, wot, an' all Northahn 'ares 'ave that accent..." He then looks at Grace. "Tell me, Lass... Ya wouldn't 'appen ta be Gregorian's Gran'daughtah, by any chance?"

Grace starts to grin again at Dom's ear wiggling but she pretends to give the question great thought before nodding and confirming "Funny is good" back to Varus and she giggles "He's my da' not my grandda'! I'm goin' tah tell him yah said he was old!" she seems to find this hilarious even if her dad probably is older than any of the other dibbun's parents.

Dominik appears to be quite pleased with Grace's confirmation that funny is indeed good. "Dom...is funny..." he muses. "Is vondering vat friends at home vould think." He'd always been more of the quiet and brooding type, never really known to make jokes or really say much of anything. The large hare smiles, "All the little vuns vere vell behaved, sir. They all sat and listened ven I asked them to, and there va no problems." Dom cannot help but snicker at Varus's miscue and at Grace's reply. "...but, Greg IS old," he responds with a playful grin. "Is not a lie..."

Varus harrumps. "Greg is indeed rather... Eldahly. But we don't 'old that against 'im..."

Grace continues to giggle and points at Dom "I'm goin' tah tell da' yah said that too" she turns her grin on to Varus "He's not a grandpa though...you look like yah could be a grandpa"

Zolomon peeks inside as he was just walking around, not doing much as he got training in and running in.

Dominik grins back at Grace, "Is okay, can tell him. Vould tell him myself, if I see. Dom thinks he vil find it...funny..." the large hare chuckles. "Is joke, not serious. And if takes too serious, can just spar vith Dom to get out frustration..." Dom wiggles his ears again at Varus. At this point, the Dibbuns are starting to get restless since all the attention isn't focused squarely upon them. They begin to chatter and cause a commotion, to which Dom turns his attention to. He clears his through loudly, followed by a booming, "QUIET!" It is not angry, merely stern...but he knows it worked before. He lifts a paw and waves to Zolomon as he peeks in.

Varus harrumps again. "I *am* a grandfathah, as a mattah of fact... Oh... Zolomon. Hello." As the leverets start to get restless, he frowns, but then Dominik gets them under control, and he sighs.

*through=throat

Grace just bursts out laughing at Varus when he says he is a grandfather as if it's the funniest joke in the world but it promptly stops when Dom booms at the room. She's quiet for at least a second but she's having fun and feeling rebellious so she puts a finger to her lips and goes "Shhhh" at the giant hare. This causes many patches of giggles to break out in the dibbun crowd.

Zolomon nods and saultes.."Sur..."He looks at the dibbuns and a small, faint smile forms...dibbuns, he always liked them as he walks in a little further."Hey ya...wot be going on today..stuff?"

Dominik adopts a mock look of anger upon his face at Grace's 'shhh' gesture, before it finally breaks and he is unable to hold up the facade. It is likely not a good thing to show in front of all the leverets, but he honestly couldn't help it. He chuckles. "Hmm. Is good at that. Mebbe come up here, and help Dom keep order, yes?" The large hare reaches down in an attempt to gently pick Grace up off the floor. He deposits her upon his shoulder so that she has a much higher perspective than anyone else in the room, besides him. "There. Now, can help Dom better, keep the others quiet, yes?" he grins. "Maybe one day, get big voice like Dom, too. Vant to try?" Dom wiggles his ears at the Dibbun. "Take deep breath, then say 'QUIET!"

Varus shakes his head, and sighs. "I sweah... Leverets these days... No respect." To Zolomon, he says, "Nothing... Slow day... I *should* doin' papahwork, but I decided ta see 'ow Dominik was dealin' wi' 'is punishment, wot..."

Grace just grins at Dom's angry look but the grin grows even bigger when he chuckles. She eeps as she's picked up but seems perfectly at home up on his shoulder "Yeah!" she replies excitedly, going to grab on to one of his ears to keep herself steady up there as she takes a big exaggerated deep breath and yells "QUIIIIEET!" at the room as loud as she can.

Zolomon smiles "Slow...slow is ok"He grins at the dibbuns and does some cartwheels, hey this is sort of fun...he smiles as he balances on one hand and grins, yeah he can still have fun, he puts his otherhand back down and goes to do a backflip...into...the shelves as he eeps and the shelveing sort of breaks, or least the last two sleeves as a couple tubes of finger paint, red and blue fall onto him, as well as some papers and some ribbon as he blinks a coul times and stands slowly...slips and frowns "Umm...ok..I should get something to clean up...yeah."So the now colorfur hare leaves the room to find something to clean the mess and yeah...may want to fix those last two shelves...he'll be back soon.....maybe...

Dominik doesn't mind at all as the little haremaid grabs onto his ear for balance, and as she takes his advice and yells as loud as she can, he grins widely and applauds. He twitches the ear that is closest to the yelling, wincing just a tad...though he's had worse. "You is natural, Miss Grace..." he replies, with an amused chuckle. "Pretty soon, can be sitting here vere Dom is, telling others vat to do..." At this point, Zolomon decides to cause chaos, just when the large hare had the Dibbuns all calmed down, and he shoots an annoyed glare at the destructive hare as he breaks the shelves and gets paint all over himself. "Vell. There goes painting later..." he mutters, with a shake of his head. "Is thinking leverets are behaving better..." The hare glances to Varus and smirks a little, reaching up a paw to steady Grace on his shoulder.

Varus winces as Grace yells, and he frowns with annoyance. "Yes, well... That's enough o' that, thank you." He shakes his head, then stares as Zolomon takes out the arts and crafts shelf, and runs a paw down his face. "Oh f'r th' love of... Zolomon!"

Grace is used to standing on shoulders, her dad lets her too though she's getting a bit big for him now. She might do some more yelling but Zolomon does a good job of distracting her, first with the acrobats then by getting paint everywhere. She laughs when he runs "Yah in trouble!" she yells after him before looking down at Dom suddenly disappointed "We're not goin' tah paint latah?"

Dominik gives a heavy sigh, pointing a paw at the mess. "All paint is there. And there..." he points across the room. "And...there..." he nods towards where Zolomon had hurried out of the room. "Is all gone, will likely dry up before we can use." The large hare frowns, knowing how much the Dibbuns were looking forward to painting. He looks to Varus, "Is thinking as punishment, can have him spar with Dom. Make him put in extra training times...." Dom grins deviously. He is then struck with an idea, and his look of annoyance disappears. "But. Dom has idea, yes?" He smiles to Grace, reaching up a large paw to ruffle between her ears. "Where does paints come from? Out there, from shells, other things on beach. Dom vil take you out, can help find things to make new paints vith. Is good idea?" He pauses. "...IF...is okay vith Mr Varus, that is..."

Varus harrumps yet again. "Yes... He will get a propah punishment latah... In th' meantime, I don't see why y' can't take th' lass out to th' beach... But I would suggest y' not stay out too late... Who knows wot Greg might say..."

Grace's ears fold sadly and she's not the only hare to look disappointed at the lack of paint. Very quickly she starts to look annoyed instead and stomps a little footpaw on Dom's shoulder "Yeah! Dom can beat him up for stealin' our paint! We'll go lookin' for paint stuff and we'll make him come and carry everythin'!" she shouts at the other dibbuns as if she's rallying the troops. She points at the door, pulling on Dom's ear as if that'll make him move where she wants "Lets go get him and get our paint!" she does lower her voice to quickly reassure Varus "Da' won't mind" That is a lie, Greg will mind but she sound so sure that it's fine.

Dominik's shoulder is like solid rock, and so as Grace stomps down her footpaw, it doesn't even phase the hare. "Is not beating up, is training. Is difference," he explains to Grace with a light chuckle. "Zol is goof, likely did not mean to do. But vil make apologize, to you, for ruining day." He nods his head in agreement. He tilts his head a little as Grace tugs on his ear, and despite everything the large hare is showing an impressive amount of patience especially being that he hadn't much experience dealing with Dibbuns. "Dom is happy to take young vuns out to get paint things. But..." he replies, in a slightly sterner tone. "Only vil go if promise to stay close to Dom, and not vander away. If does, then can go out vith Dom again in future to play on beach. Agree?" The hare gives the haremaid on his shoulder a look, raising his eyebrows, though he smiles as he begins heading for the door.

Varus hmms. Dominik is better at this than he ever anticipated. At any rate, the Major has paperwork to tend to. "Well... When I find Zolomon, he's gettin' a word from me..."

Grace is happy that her big hare mount is going where he's told and seems content to stay up there as the rest of the dibbun group trail along behind "So long as you hit him...and he's sorry" Grace will just be happy if Zolomon gets punched, she doesn't care how. "Okay" she quickly agrees to the terms of going outside "But we've got tah take a picnic if we're goin' tah the beach. It's the rules"

Dominik lightly slaps his own forehead with a paw. "Yes, is silly me! Forgot ALL about! Ve can definitely take picnic, is good idea, Miss Grace!" he replies with a grin, the idea actually a really good one, as a matter of fact. "Ve go to kitchen first, get things, then go outside, yes?" The hare waits for the other Dibbuns to fall in line behind him, before he heads out the door. Quite an unusual site one might see if coming from the other direction...a giant hare with a haremaid on his shoulder, marching down the hall with a trail of small hares behind them!

Varus hmmphs. A picnic, of course. He shakes his head, exist the classroom, and heads back to his office.

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

#2 2019-05-23 02:36:26 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Who's Having More Fun? Dominik's "Penance" continues (Long Patrol Log)

Oh my goodness, this is hilarious!  Wish I coulda be on for it xD  Maybe next time....

#3 2019-05-24 06:45:32 AM

Montamillion

Re: Who's Having More Fun? Dominik's "Penance" continues (Long Patrol Log)

Haha, thanks, it was fun! smile And yes, most definitely. We'll have to get Grace and Julia together at some point, I think they'll have to reinforce the entire mountain for that one, hahaha. wink But Dom is really getting attached to the leverets! Which is likely good for them, they will always have him as protection. big_smile

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

Board footer