Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 11:33:05 AM

oz

Some IC News on Oz

Oz is the current badger mother and has been Badger Mother for a  long, LONG time.

I created him Dec 14,2010....he came to the abbey in serch of his adopted son Maxtor and found him and had plans to head back home to Send in the Snowy Northlands, but...it seemed Martin the Warrior had different plans and Oz stayed at the abbey and became Badger Mother. It was indeed the dibbuns who first got him out of his hermit ways. He became Badger Mother towards the end of December 2010,maybe first few days of January 2011. It is now February 2019.

A couple have asked about weather Oz will retire or ..well die, it was thought he might die when he was seriously wounded and in his long deep faint during the Ormaz TP, but he lived...recovered and got back to his dibbun duties, BUT did he fully recover? Maybe not...my thoughts are he bruised his lungs fairly good, one in fact almost collapsed, and he is old..and when he first came to the abbey he was maybe  16-18 seasons old, maybe a little older. ( He lost his mate and son at age 9-10 seasons, found Maxtor around the same time and raised him as his own for 7 seasons before coming to Mossflower and the Abbey, and Maxtor was 1 season when found) 

ANYWAYS, back to Oz.....Oz does have a replacement he has been training to be the new Badger Mother and that is Krisha. So there would be one to take over...when Oz dies.

After all there has been a new Abbot and a new Champion, why not a new Badger Mother and yes I did speak with Otter and he approves.

But when would he die? Why?

My thoughts are sometime end of Summer or beginning of Autumn (maybe September 9th or round there). Maybe more into  late October  at the latest, but looking around September 9th.

Now the why, well as said maybe he didn't fully recover from that serious attack, and he starts to get some breathing issues, the one lung that almost collapsed is weakened, he is fine not doing much but doing alot of maybe running after dibbuns or just this dumb hard winter, makes things worse. He could cough up blood a little once in a while and might not even know it, he is blind. One can survive with a partly collapsed lung and not know it and signs are coughing, would think maybe blood once in a while, and trouble breathing and some pains in chest and back...he could assume stupid old age after all his knee gives him issues in winter so why not his back could be his thoughts, Oz also dislike the infirm unless he feels its major important to go...so since its winter and he isn't doing too much right now, he likes to stay indoors and take it easy in winter after all, nothing would effect him much, it would be noticed more and more as Summer goes along cause...well he is doing a lot more with the dibbuns, he will likely like Sister Ginny( his helper with the dibbuns) who and maybe Krisha but tell them to not go telling any healer and for sure not Abbot Benar, unless he gets worse then maybe tell them....so yeah he WOULD get slowly worse and die, likely in his sleep I am thinking.Another thought is he collapses maybe during a meal and is of course taken to the infirm and he dies like 2-3 days later as I would like him to be able to ask for Krisha and his last words being "Take care of my dibbuns...Mother Krisha"

NOW as I said this wouldn't happen till around SEPTEMBER 9TH, so in Autumn time. Maybe the meal he collapses at is the  Autumn Feast or the Feast is post poned a few days cause of Oz collapsing at a meal like a day or sso before it, maybe he dies the day before a feast...it can be figured out.

Krisha would take over as Badger Mother in Oz's place when he dies.

Go ahead and reply to this, as you can see it's not happening any time soon so no worries smile

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2019-02-25 12:26:52 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Re: Some IC News on Oz

I am unsure who of my characters know him very well, let's see maybe Jaxson and Jarvis will get to know him by then most likely. Rudolfo has heard of him.

It's good to see it will be role played out slowly and built up to, a sudden he's dead wouldn't of been good so a longer role playing it out is good.

That is a long time and he has done great and I am sure Krisha will as well.

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#3 2019-02-25 12:30:39 PM

Karth Riverbark

Atvi will be sad and miss him. I am hoping he is Brother Atvi by then as he is Novice Atvi right now.

Atvi may do at least one mischievous thing here soon. You know a one last hurruah before he is Brother Atvi.

I have an idea what if Atvi is one of the very few or even 1-2..2-3?..That knows Oz is worst than he says he is and so Atvi decides to be a healer ? He already has thought of it as a way to honor Kenya's memory. Thoughts?

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#4 2019-02-25 04:37:54 PM

Sinway

this is sad, Sinway will be sad again

Sinway Streampike- Brother of Redwall Abbey
Crevan- Good fox kit of Ferravale

#5 2019-03-11 05:12:18 PM

oz

UPDATE

More towards August 1st is when he will die.

It may be noticed a little, yet Oz is keeping quiet about it for now, he has a little trouble standing but can still walk with his staff fine. Also he is hiding every so often little chest pains, what he wont be able to hide is any major breathing issues which will increase the closer it gets to August. His back also hurts but hey old age...and his knee but mainly the back pain may be somewhat linked to chest pains. The last 2-3 weeks of winter he is just taking it easy, then who doesn't winter, in the Spring he will go to the nearby clearing and get some mint..also in Spring will be when he starts having more problems..cause well more active and not resting as much.

SO last week July/ First week Auguest is when the abbey loses Oz as Badgermom and Krisha will take over. A funeral can be like the week after.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#6 2019-03-12 06:26:06 PM

Karth Riverbark

As said hopefully Atvi is Brother by then.

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#7 2019-03-14 01:19:06 PM

Melvina

Maybe I will make an abbey character, maybe a mouse or vole. All I have right now is a rat named Melvina, but she is good...well mostly good.

My Alts since seems all post them......
Reva-My LP hare
Melvina-My healer rat maid,she lives in Ferravale and helps out the Mossflower Defenders sometimes so...goodish

#8 2019-04-11 05:01:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

While this makes me sad, I can understand that we can't keep our characters forever.  (Don't worry, I'm not planning on offing any of my characters anytime soon wink ) Thank you for giving us so much warning.  I hope to be able to get a lot of RPs in with Oz before then smile

#9 2019-04-12 08:43:54 AM

oz

Ok
So looking at last two weeks in July when Oz dies.

He will still be drinking his tonic, even though  he starts to feel better, he isn't really getting better its just the cold weather did make it affect him more, he will still once in a while cough or clear his throat and be seemly fine.He will seem to tire out more often, maybe even sleep more often than he usually does, so drink his mint tea and take a nap in his chair in the Great Hall.

So last two weeks of July...the two events concerning Oz happen.Not sure where just in the abbey somewhere, he feel a bit off or somewhat tried and lightheaded but it will pass and he will just decide to maybe take the rest of the day off, to you know be on the safe side..only he gets a major coughing,can't breath right now, might cough up some blood....or a lot of blood maybe and pass out...only this time not in front of a lot of beasts.Maybe he walked away from something at the pond or firepit,( dibbun picnic? =shrugs=) ...anyways he is by himself when he passes out and someone(who ever..maybe champion or the abbot or someone else) concerned since he walked off without saying anything first goes to check on him...finds him on the ground unconscious and of course get him to the infirm where he wakes up briefly to speak..weakly to couple beasts. One will be Krisha,  not sure whom else as he will only be awake maybe an hour and then slip into a deep faint. The healers will do what the healers do for someone in a deep faint and Oz's vitals will stay at a sort not good/ but not dangerous bad at the same time. Thinking over next few days those vitals start dropping and the only one the healers say a word to of this is Benar....so only the abbot will know the abbey could well be loseing Oz.

The deep faint will last a week, maybe little over that depending.It can sort of be like when Lorimis died...normal day at the abbey, beasts are doing what they normally do and maybe it's just after a meal.Meanwhile someone checks on Oz only to find....he died.likely sometime in like an hour or so ago and gos to tell Benar or Elmef maybe...who then would have the bells rang and announce to the abbey...Oz was dead.

It would go something like this I am thinking...not till last couple weeks of July.

I play:

#10 2019-04-17 04:28:31 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Angela, as far as I know about my RL schedule right now, would totally be able to be there for at least some of this. 

Thanks for letting us know so far in advance about this. <3

#11 2019-05-01 12:06:18 PM

oz

I have to do an update as....ok looks like maybe 2nd and 3nd week of June as July  looks, least for me, oocly busy and not sure how often I will be on for anything too major. So things would happen before July now.

Same line up....there is gonna be some dibbun related thing likely at the pond, I am gonna go with some summer related weather gets to him and so he just sort of quietly leaves early without saying why as he did feel light headed, but then it clears but he decides to go as a..just in case and you know its cooler inside than outside, maybe its not too too hot outside but it just effects him faster now..only as he starts to head inside it gets worse suddenly so he will decide to maybe just go to the infirm, only he won't make it to the infirm, he will have a very bad can't breath/pain/ect and pass out, this time to be found a very short time afterwards laying on the ground unconscious! He will be unconscious a few hours vs before when it was a few mere seconds.Beasts will get him to the infirm where he will stay.

Plan for now he he wakes a few hours later weak and barely awake, He will ask for Krisha, unless she is already there...anyways he is gonna say a few words weakly before slipping into a very dangerous deep faint...He wont wake up again, he will did sometime  during those next few days. But before he goes into the deep faint he will manage to call Krisha...Mother Krisha.

As for the day he dies, not sure how it can go about....likely someone checks on him, noting his breathing and heartrate are slowly slipping lower and lower......and checking on him one time find he died,likely like less than an hour ago from when they had checked before and would alert my guess Abbot Benar, as I said before could be a day like when Lorimis died, normal day and abbey doing normal things when the news is brought to all go to the great hall, least those not already there....

A funeral can then be like a week or two later.

Ok thats all for the update...Maybe like 2nd and 3nd week in June, A Thursday if can or Wednesday. It can be figured out..for the role plays and then Furneral as said a week or two afterwards.

I play:

#12 2019-05-01 12:27:20 PM

Melvina

I think that Hulloballo Otter party is going on in July anyways. So this way any ottters that knew him can see him before he dies

My Alts since seems all post them......
Reva-My LP hare
Melvina-My healer rat maid,she lives in Ferravale and helps out the Mossflower Defenders sometimes so...goodish

#13 2019-05-04 04:03:31 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I like Melvina's point; that should work out better for the IC stuff.

Thank you for the continued updates and the heads up about this.  I have no way of knowing when I'll need to schedule my June and July breaks; what with starting college in the Fall and hoping to move out from my parent's house before then (don't know if I"ll be able to, but hoping I can) and everything, I just don't have any clue what the next few months might look like.  But I'll see what happens and do my best to let everyone know as far in advance as possible.  And I'll try to be on for these very important RPs!

Thanks again for giving us so much warning <3

#14 2019-06-04 05:43:56 PM

oz

June 12-14th, thats when Oz falls unconious and later enters into a Coma

On 20th June  he is gonna die

I play:

#15 2019-06-13 01:09:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I'm on today, and I'll try to be here for the death of Oz RP.  I need to take the placement tests for college here soon, but i'll try to make sure to not do them on the 20th.

#16 2019-06-13 02:09:02 PM

oz

Funeral looks to be happening on June 27th

I play:

#17 2019-06-16 01:55:51 PM

Karth Riverbark

I may have Ewan sent the letters for Sala here soon.

Board footer