Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-24 07:46:30 PM

The_Brony_Marek

New Mini TP Idea: Lords of Ravos (Hopefully June?)

So I recently came up with a TP Idea, but I wanted to run this on the forum past the more important players on the muck (particularly Benar and DoraRose) before I proceed

So Here's the Pitch:

Far across the Eastern Sea (the opposite from the Western Sea which sports such locations as Salamandastron and Willowbark) a small island based kingdom known as Ravos Isle is led by the eagle (yes that's right, eagle) monarch Ravos XI and the Merchant Lords of Ravos of which the High Merchant is none other than Mergleton Charles Fredrich Desmond Applewood Zinsbury Korvovowitzchesteringtonshire III Sr. (Mergleton's Dad) who has been given a diplomatic mission to set up a Merchant's Guild Outpost in Ferravale which may help benefit both Ravos and Mossflower through mutual trade and prosperity. While the monarch himself remains in Ravos, he sends his advisor (name pending) in his stead who has other plans for Lord Mergleton's expedition. Political Intrigue and Mystery arise as the royal advisor will attempt to overthrow his king and take Mossflower by force as a new colony of Ravos with only the watchful eyes of both to stand in his way.

This TP will have some battle but will focus more on the murder mystery and political intrigue parts as well as just introducing and having fun with some hopefully very well written characters. If everyone is on board, I'm really looking forward to this.

New Characters:
1. Lord Mergleton Charles Fredrich Desmond Applewood Zinsbury Korvovowitzchesteringtonshire III Sr, High Merchant of Ravos- Mergleton's Father who has risen in the mercantile ranks of his homeland over the course of many many seasons. He is excessively formal (it's rather obvious where Mergleton got it from) but also far more serious than his son and perhaps a twinge too attached to honor and bureaucracy which may prove to be his downfall during the events of the TP.

2. Ravos XI- The relatively young recently crowned monarch of Ravos. While I don't have an appearance planned for him in this TP he will be mentioned several times and at least one failed assassination attempt on his life will happen during the events of the TP.

3. Royal Advisor- The name and species of this character are still pending but I'm looking for him to be a cunning mastermind who appears at first to be the last person you would expect to be the villain. Something about him will seem a bit off though. His ultimate goal is to absord Mossflower into Ravos and be crowned the 1st Emperor of Ravos though in the end his plot will be discovered and he will be sent back to Ravos to face execution (although whether or not he actually faces this execution has yet to be determined)

4. Lord Mergleton's Bodyguard- Another character who has yet to be determined. In this case, species and gender are both up for grabs and other than his/her loyalty to Lord Mergleton and by extension Ravos is unquestioning, the rest is up to you. I'm open to suggestions. This character also likely has a history with the younger Mergleton as well.

5. Ravos Scribe- A character I just came up with as I was writing this actually, everything about this character is open to suggestion but it makes sense that a scribe would come along.

#2 2019-03-25 03:07:02 PM

Karth Riverbark

Re: New Mini TP Idea: Lords of Ravos (Hopefully June?)

Sounds like it could be cool.

The advisor sort of sounds like Jarfar from Aladdin smile

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2019-03-26 04:25:50 PM

Melvina

So Mergleton's father is good...the eagle king is good...and everyone else is like..evil?

My Alts since seems all post them......
Reva-My LP hare
Melvina-My healer rat maid,she lives in Ferravale and helps out the Mossflower Defenders sometimes so...goodish

#4 2019-03-26 04:28:14 PM

The_Brony_Marek

No, just the advisor is evil but I suppose I under the confusion.

#5 2019-03-26 04:36:02 PM

Melvina

ok

Sounds like could be cool, maybe you can write up one of those pre-logs things of this group heading off

My Alts since seems all post them......
Reva-My LP hare
Melvina-My healer rat maid,she lives in Ferravale and helps out the Mossflower Defenders sometimes so...goodish

#6 2019-03-26 05:12:56 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I will, as soon as I get permission from Benar and Dorarose to do a TP with implications this big.

#7 2019-03-27 12:53:43 PM

Elmef

I think I'd want more details on what the end goals are

This all has a Game of Thrones vibe to it so far and that sort of body count, political intrigue, violence and assassinations doesn't really feel like it fits Redwall and it's ethos.

Royalty and nobility also doesn't fit around Mossflower
Beyond the Badger Lord, if someone declared they where now King because they said so and had just murdered someone everyone would laugh in their face, have them arrested/killed/or run out of town.

So whilst an interesting idea I'd want to hear a whole lot more detail before I went along with it.
I think the Abbey has had enough hordes outside it's gates, forced take overs, conquerings and such and I'm not about to agree to some assassination filled plot that'd kill off the Abbot or have him kidnapped and replaced.

#8 2019-03-27 02:51:21 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I'll have more details once I've hashed out the plot for sure but this isn't a hordes at the gate sort of scenario.

A rough draft of the plot is basically this:

1. Mergleton's Dad shows up to start trade relations with Mossflower (mainly through Ferravale)
2. One of Lord Mergleton's Crew ends up dead and the blame is pinned on one of the beasts who was intending the event (with supscion likely falling on one of Ferravale's citizens)
3. The Investigation leads to a plot by the King's Advisor to kill the king and create an Empire. However none of this will come to pass because his plans will be discovered before he can cause any real damage
4. The Advisor is sent back to Ravos to face his crimes and a trade outpost is set up in Ferravale. If that is alright with you and Dorarose of course

In the end, there are no hordes, no major battles, no kings trying to create colonies, only a plot that is uncovered before such things can happen. It's more of a fun mystery story than an epic battle. I wanted to try writing something completly different.

If you're not okay with this, I'll scrap the idea but I just wanted to make it perfectly clear that there is no warmongering involved here, just an advisor who tries to stretch his paw a little too far and gets found out.

#9 2019-03-27 04:01:52 PM

Elmef

That all sounds good to me then

Benar is all about diplomacy and discussions himself and could probably be talked into acting as a neutral host location so negotiations between Ravos and Ferravale happen in a neutral location.

But Dora is away until the 10th April so we'd have to wait for her as I can't speak for FV

#10 2019-03-27 07:11:16 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Yes It was always my intention to make Redwall the neutral location of a treaty.

Kinda like Paris, Paris is a very popular treaty location to the point where Treaties had to stop being named Treaty of Paris to avoid confusion.

Plus more trade benefits Redwall and a merchant outpost being inside Ferravale which his bigger than Redwall is more practical and will do less to disturb the daily routines of a religious order which the merchant lords of Ravos being excessively formal have immense respect for.

#11 2019-03-28 06:01:17 AM

Elmef

Trade tends to mean peace and Benar is all in favour of peace and prosperity in Mossflower rather then more strife

#12 2019-03-28 09:20:19 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Glad you're on board, now we just wait for DoraRose to return and in the meantime I will start writing a Prologue.

If this goes well, perhaps a mini TP involving Mergleton returning home sometime in 2020 will be in order.

#13 2019-04-03 11:29:25 AM

Rudolfo And Alts

Hope to read a Prologue soon this sounds interesting

Maybe someone even overhears his plans, you know there was supposed to be some aide tagging along but ummm...you know according to the evil advisor they had an family emergency come up last minute. What really happen is evil advisor like drowned them and that maybe found out later and they could start thinking something is up with that advisor....but like what tongue

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#14 2019-04-06 06:15:23 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I'm going to start working on the Prequel posthaste given that I've had writers block on my other projects.

I will not release it however until I recieve the go ahead from Dorarose as she is the other vital part of this equation.

#15 2019-04-11 05:16:36 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

This sounds good to me....especially since I've been wanting to do a murder mystery TP for years now. 

This sounds exciting, and I say let's go for it!

Thanks for including me....it'll be funny to see how they react to Blisa's slight lack of formality xD

#16 2019-04-11 08:12:49 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Alright so it's official.

I'm going to work on the Ravos Prequel as soon as possible.

Let's get this started!

Board footer